Tech Inspirations

Besides Stallman, who inspires you the most of the major developers out there?

I personally like Brendan Eich. He stole the idea of Mosaic from the University of Illinois and created Mozilla as the "Mo[saic K]illa" that would eventually evolve into Netscape. If I recall correctly, mozilla.org was originally registered under his name and he did much of the basic groundwork programming. Mozilla was one of the first companies to release their source code as Open Source that attracted mass media attention. He would later develop JavaScript in a matter of two weeks in order to apply LISP/Scheme programming concepts to the burgeoning Java environment. The development of JS, a major backbone of modern internet applications, in such a short period of time is probably what he is best known for.

Recently, he was fired as the CEO of Mozilla because he donated $1000 to a political compaign that opposed gay marriage in California. He didn't use Mozilla funds but donated completely separately as a private citizen, but opponents at Mozilla used it against him for political reasons and pushed him out of the company. Cast out from the company that he created from the ground up, he created Brave Software. They have recently created the Brave browser which pretty much aims to undo all the harm that Javascript has created on the internet over the years. In a sense, Eich is making up for the horrors that his own creation wreaked on the internet.

How about you? Who inspires you?

Attached: BrendanEich.jpg (220x277 121.44 KB, 11.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rX0ItVEVjHc
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/10/03/mozilla-awards-half-million-open-source-projects/
schneier.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

didn't we just have this thread?

Brian Fagioli
Terry A. Davis

What nonautistic Chad programmers do you follow?

Fagioli is love, Fagioli is life.

He resigned.

That word has a different meaning based on context. You can resign willingly, or be forced out. In general, CEOs and other principals don't get fired like plebs do. If the board of directors wants them gone, they ask them to resign. You have to differentiate between that situation and one where the guy out of the blue one day decided he had enough and quit entirely based on his own volition.

To be fair, and I say this from the position of accepting homosexuality's abnormalcy and openness to the possibility of deleterious effects of it on family and society, I don't really see "supporting traditional marriage" to exist outside the context of heterosexuality. Would such groups advocate marriage and traditional social roles regardless of sexuality, as in, research and educate about effects of marriage in society in contrast/with respect to unionlessness, childlessness, career choices, availability of divorce? Maybe; but I still see the term as rather an euphemism.

Fast forward 23 years

Fucking kek. Anyone who thinks this guy "tries" to fix anything is a total fucking moron. The guy simply wants to create a monopoly by replacing all ads with his and call this "justice". No. People who use adblock (or noscript alikes for that matter) won't abondon their extensions so this guy can fill his pockets one more time.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the faggot who gave the world Javascript and was continually making bad decisions for Firefox some 6 years before quitting after embarrassing himself because he couldn't handle the gays obtaining the same rights as heterosexuals and is now trying to push literal adware. Suck more cocks OP.

Regardless of your point, kill yourself faggot lover.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (3000x2000 64.71 KB, 361.83K)

The developers are working on a Noscript port as we speak. The project is in its infancy so there are not many extensions yet. Are you really this much of a Firefox fanboy?

Who's the second guy? John Carmack sold his soul to the devil a long time ago.

Mike acton.

Mike acton is famous for his insights in data oriented design, he goes and gives extremely "inflamatory" speeches to C++ programmers telling them they're doing bullshit.

Why should I care about this guy?

He opposes most of the mainstream efforts in programming, by rowing in opposite direction despite how much everyone around seems to hate it. He tells you to focus into your problem instead of focusing on man made chimeras of made up problems.

youtube.com/watch?v=rX0ItVEVjHc

ANDY!!! OwO
He inspired my love of microkernels!
Theres a lot of good stuff locked behind (((academic paywalls))), but heres some stuff from the Minix3 website:

Attached: Andrew_S._Tanenbaum_2012.jpg (1200x1577, 238.45K)

This didn't happen. Mozilla refused to fire him and the people went crazy. Several websites called for a Mozilla boycott and some of them even refused to serve their website if they detected a Firefox User Agent, encouraging users to install Google Chrome instead.

Seeing this Eich decided to step down from the CEO position. Mozilla offered him a new position in the company, but Eich refused it and instead went on to found Brave.

Mozilla then released a lenghty post in their official blog stating that:
If you did your homework, you'd know that the employees who wanted to fire Eich worked in Human Resources and Marketing, respectively; and none of them work for Mozilla anymore.

Stop spreading lies. blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/

Attached: Poetry.jpg (540x736, 130.47K)

My post had nothing to do with either being a Firefox fanboy or not. Considering Firefox is descendant of the Netscape Browser which in turn spawned the Javascript cancer to the world, it would be unfair to accuse me of being a Firefox fanboy. It also raises the question that whether if you are categorazing people into labels and attack them from there instead of producing an organic response to the arguments at hand.

The classic object oriented programming style was intended for a dynamically typed language with a GC developed in the 70s-80s at Xerox. People just applied it to statically typed languages with no GC thinking they'd just get all the benefits with no drawbacks.

The fact stands that Mozilla bowed to political pressure and forced an extremely capable CEO to resign because some faggots made a shitstorm. OKCupid even had an advertisement on their front page that said they didn't support Firefox. Four years later, Mozilla is cucked beyond belief and haven't made good innovations in years. I can't wait for Brave to replace Firefox as the dominating FOSS browser and put the last nail in the coffin to these shiteating RiseUp nerds.

Attached: eichsmiling.jpg (628x458, 22.53K)

Cool! I have heard of the man and seen pictures of him before, but I never knew why people liked him. Pictured is ast himself.

Attached: pest-control-worker-wearing-mask-hood-protective-suit-dual-air-filters-holding-hose-to-help-exterminate-rats-other-31807457.jpg (596x900, 46.37K)

But this didn't happen. Eich resigned because he didn't want to hurt Mozilla's image and because he didn't want to be a part of that shitshow. The people at Mozilla wanted him to stay.
What the fuck is this supposed to mean? Corporations and foundations can't have a romantic/sexual partner who cheats on them. They're not people.
You mean besides replacing their JS engine, their CSS engine, Gecko, and basically rewriting the entire browser while still adhering to WWW standards and adding privacy features such as canvas protections and Facebook containers?
Brave won't replace Firefox because there is nothing Brave can do that Firefox can't. Also their payment system is shady at best and doesn't deliver what was initially promised.
Plus, Blink is fucking cancer and has never been truly audited, despite what the liars at Ungoogled Chromium, Bromite and similar projects want to make people believe.
There is no proof to believe that a. RiseUp is "ANTIFA email" or b. Mozilla is associated with RiseUp let alone ANTIFA.
Lunduke made such a logical leap to arrive to that conclusion, it's no wonder he lost so many subscribers after that.

Attached: WellMemed.png (480x640, 306.31K)

Bullshit!

From the Mozilla blog: blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/10/03/mozilla-awards-half-million-open-source-projects/

This was stated by Mozilla and Eich himself. If you prefer to believe Zig Forums rumors that's on you.
So you can't even explain your point. Marvelous.
You have to be invited after the FBI raided their servers. It was open until very recently, and the invitation has to come from any RiseUp user. Which could be a Debian developer, a 4chan shitposter or any of the journalists who use it as a safe alternative to Gmail.
It has strong ties to Antifa and all sorts >It's not exactly "Antifa email" but it also has the explicit purpose of promoting evasion of law enforcement by left wing political activists
Political activists* they can't and don't check your emails so this point is totally moot.
It's been around for 20 years and its doing fine.
They gave half a million to Tor. They actively reject patches that fuck up with Tor. They give money to several open source projects.
Exactly why Mozilla gives money to everyone.

Irrelevant. They give money to several projects. They awarded 100000 $ to RiseUp because he FBI raided their servers and fucked up their infrastructure.

Gay Ben

Do you work for Mozilla?

I wish. Uni is such a chore...

You shill so hard you might as well work for them.

noone but terry and stallman are pretty based
eich is a retard. the only reason anyone on Zig Forums cares about him is because he's right wing or something

Idols are for dumbasses anyways.

Attached: images (3)

Every time Brendan Eich gets shilled it's ultimately because of that donation. What almost nobody seems to have noticed is that Eich was a strong opponent of DRM in the Browser and would not have let it be put into Firefox as CEO. Curiously, not long after he got that position "someone" dug up that old donation and shilled it heavily, ultimately leading to his expulsion and fooling the identity politics retards of both kinds. The first thing his replacement did was put WebDRM on the fast track.

This. Eich was a great leader of Mozilla regardless of his politics. The company has since gone down the shitter since he left as well.

John Carmack was always the devil. He's the one responsible for killing id and making PC gaming an anti-consumer GPU race nightmare for some ~15 years.

Fag status:
[x]told
[ ] not told

Capping this for the future, tired of these reactionary cocksuckers propping up this adware shill because of politics and wishful thinking.

It was going down the shitter since roughly 2006. Interestingly, that's not long after they made him CTO of Mozilla Corporation.

This guy is a academic buffoon

Are you equating academia as a whole with buffoonery or just him?

He is a buffoon whose buffoonery stems from his navel gazing.

And you're a meanie! >_

Attached: LennyKittenMeow.jpg (480x480, 28.24K)

Nice dubs and gay pic.

thanks!

What the fuck. Eich looks physically bloated. Is this the true power of JS?

Says the currynigger whose only reason for shitting on microkernels is literally because they were Not Invented Hereā„¢.

Gays have always had the same marriage rights as heterosexuals.

Attached: 2xowoyx4s9q01.jpg (550x550, 27.59K)

Why would I try to sound smart?

For reddit points obviously.

John Carmack knows dirty things about SpaceX I bet. He will never ever work for Elon Musk the way he put up with Fuckerberg to get to work on Oculus VR.

What are the Zig Forums rumors?

Bruce Schneier
schneier.com/

looks like a massive cucklord but has a good heart

Attached: bruce-schneier1.png (350x453, 205.14K)

>Theres a lot of good stuff locked behind (((academic paywalls))),
Scihub is the answer
spread the word and intellectual love

thank the ruskies for that one

Alan Kay.

Attached: alan kay.jpg (900x750, 118.15K)

How does he have a good heart?

Why?

Because he and the people at Xerox Parc invented basically everything with the desktop.

This was an interesting video. I really like their comparison of games development with the Mars rover program.

Cool. I'll look into it.

Attached: we_want_your_soul.webm (800x532, 6.29M)

He looks like a fatter Sam Hyde

Is that a bad thing?

Attached: sam hyde marky.jpg (640x360, 15.14K)

Yeah, that middle picture.

What's the story behind this picture?

Attached: Samhyde2.jpg (1112x1056 2.55 MB, 202.77K)

The Zig Forums rumor is one that directly contradicts Eich's public testimony on the matter of why Eich left. This rumor says that Eich was fired from Mozilla. This rumor is false.

That's just saving face you autistic fuck.

Go to bed, Tim.

Who the fuck is Tim?

Attached: azn.jpg (1320x876, 172.66K)

Mozilla even published a lengthy blog post that claims he wasn't fired, as well as a bunch of other points that they didn't need to make at all.

And this is the point you faggots don't get: people at Mozilla knew about his donation. If they really cared about "le thoughtcrime virtue signal soy dindu XDD" they would have fired him years prior, instead of making him the fucking CEO. It was a public donation.

Where is this blog post you speak of?

Attached: 6dk8lrlwisp01.jpg (1044x547, 74.99K)

Why do you post those faggot pics?

More of Zig Forums needs to listen to this lecture. It will help them be better programmers.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/

Ok I'll check it out.

Don't read that too fast.

Faggots killed Mozilla and forced Eich out. That's all I took away from that. If you think he wasn't forced out, you're blind or retarded. Probably both.

Now you're just inventing stories that do not exist! And I'm supposed to trust your made up stories compared to the people who were actually there and witnessed the whole thing?

Who cares what you trust

You do

fucking hell, that's not an achievement, it's a war crime

Oh, at least he recognizes it. But the hell can a browser curb the use of that damned interpreter-based malware?

For the record, which big changes were made to Botnetfox since he left.

SOurce a brother up, please.

This isn't a fanfic thread, user.

My daddy, he's a very successful computer engineer.

Attached: alt furry.jpg (1280x1130, 349.7K)

Why does this exist?

this is some high level fetishism and soros tier self hatred

Maximum irony.

How is Soros self-hating?

No u

How have you never heard of the self-hating Jew? Soros sold out his own Jewish friends to the Nazis during WW2.

Soros was 9 years old at the start and 15 years old at the end of WW2. I doubt that some retarded kike teenager would have any power to "sell out" a fellow yid.

I've heard of Kapos. Do you have a source for that? I know that Soros is a kike, but I hear so much disinformation about him that I don't know what to believe.

He looks like retarded fat Tom Hanks with down syndrome.

who cares? mozilla is still shit and it has absolutely nothing to do with politics

You look like a retarded nigger with cancer.

Attached: eich.jpg (491x384, 39.21K)

Nice dubs but Brendan is a sexy betch.

He cute

I like John A De Goes. I like his functional programming posts and also like to masturbate my little dingdong to his well built figure.