Void linux a shit

voidlinux.eu/news/2018/05/serious-issues.html

Use void they said, it's what arch should be they said.

Void users BTFO

install gentoo

Attached: 1248921.png (478x644, 597.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Runit
geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/FreeBSD's_man_page_misogyny
freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html
sourcemage.org/
cloveros.ga/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lol holy shit.

REMINDER TO NOT COMMIT SUICIDE

Aww that sucks.. I liked that distro..
I guess i'll have to find another one. I definitely don't want Systemd, no matter how cute and hot poettering is in first pic related.
Maybe I'll jump on the Gentoo train? I failed horribly last time I attempted that though.
Alpine sounds great for server stuff, especially with all its security patching and smaller attack surface and being very /minimal/ with Musl and busybox.
I don't wanna try BSD because most of them don't have ZFS, and the one that does doesn't like hugs. And who doesn't like hugs?!? Second pic related
Once again I really hope a good microkernel OS like Genode becomes usable. We really need that in the grand scheme of things.
GuixSD? I could go full freetard with that.
choices choices...
Who knows? I did enjoy Void while it lasted. third pic related

Attached: voidowo.jpg (500x291 487.3 KB, 35.88K)

Why though? The developers can just fork it.

I really don't mind obscure distros, but there's a limit

Very nice!

Very sad

Attached: void_wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 262.95K)

I knew what it is gonna be, but I still clicked.

Is the team really that small? I though just the project leader disappeared.

according to halfchan
, the dev team is only a few people. Like, single digit number of people.

Goodbye Void... ;_;

Thanks! I like to keep things small and comfy

figures the furfag is also a cuckchanner

Not really anymore. They b& me for my OwOposting

Post your packages, I wanna bully you.

Attached: bullying.png (920x700, 256.17K)

This why I worry about gentoo. Surely it has the highest suicide rate of all distros.

Attached: f80.png (589x593, 402.7K)

Don't worry, you can still use Slackware.

Attached: dare_to_slack.png (751x668, 145.38K)

Only the strong will survive.

Attached: bulli-allowed.jpg (589x593, 10.12K)

Install BSD.

Attached: Uriel.png (500x375, 108.73K)

GNO

All open source licenses are cucked bullshit. Write software and sell it. Fuck users.

Why are all of you such massive hipster fags?

Attached: 1470014085184.jpg (500x308, 40.85K)

furfags out

Try harder next time, fag.

Attached: nighound v4.png (1024x1100, 1.99M)

furniggers out

Irresponsible. The people in charge should've thought about the bus factor early on once they realized their project was even semi serious.

Juan, the guy missing, only wrote the XBPS package manager which released a new version two days ago.
The other devs have been maintaining it just fine. I'm not sure what you're getting at here, unless you think the password to a website or github account counts a bus factor issue

D E P O R T E D

E

P

O

R

T

E

D

He's from Spain, but I hear he was kind of fag. Developer skills aside.

The Void guys are fun to hang out with on IRC but I had no idea they were having channel issues.

Can I use Gentoo with Runit and xbps?

I don't see why not
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Runit
why would you want to? portage is infinitely better

Kill yourself.

Let's face it, Linux is nearly totally pozzed by this point. Between the huge, HUGE kernel which sees contributions mainly by the glowdarks, systemd, and so on it's only a matter of time before it's completely unusable.

BSD and 9front are my future.

Uriel was right.

The BSD developers are cucks. BSD users are the least cucked. BSD respects the freedom of the users more than anything else. Proprietary software developers however are the least cucked. However proprietary software users are cucks.

While everyone else is avoiding being cucked proprietary developers are the ones fucking wives

geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/FreeBSD's_man_page_misogyny

Enjoy your "Geek Feminism" along with your STDs. If I was a federal agent FreeBSD would be the perfect project to infiltrate and eject code into because women are dumb.

freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html

I'd argue that using GPL'd software makes you an even bigger cuck, because you need to cuck to their wishes and share any changes even if you don't want to.

Yep and this is why he gets so much hate.

BSD developers aren't cucks, they just have a different outlook on freedom.

BSD scares you glowdarks.

If you think freedom means giving other people free shit you are a commie.

Freedom means being free to do what you want, not being "free" to comply with the manifold demands of the GPL.

Running BSD and having the freedom to change it and keeping the changes private, either as an individual solely not for profit, or as a big ass company, makes you objectively more free than being bound by the GPL and being forced to release your changes.

I can tell you're a leftist because you're using a specialized definition of "free" which isn't actually in the dictionary. It's how you leftists operate, half the words you use you're using in ways which aren't in the common parlance. The 'no u' act is hardly an innovation in shilling.

I'm not a commie you dumb fuck. Thats why I think people should write software and maintain control of the creation process. If start a car company i'm not going to give you an instruction manual for the entire fabrication process. You are free to do whatever you want with the car after I give it to you though.

Openbsd doesn't have any security flaws because nobody cares enough to test it.
NetBSD uses LUA for scripting its kernel.
DragonFly BSD only runs on x64.
The public Darwin source tree has no hardware support for any devices. I've checked.
PCBSD is just FreeBSD.

Operating systems aren't as big of a deal as the hardware they run on. Intel hardware glows in the dark.

Really MacOS is the best BSD.

Those rights protect you from things. You have the right to speak, no one is required to listen. The GPL COMPELS action. If I want to give you an executable I cant unless I also include the source.

I really wish its source tree for PPC had driver code so I could figure out the architecture for my PPC devices.

Why would I compile the kernel, apple does a good job for me.

They lie to their customers all the time like back in 2013 by still saying MAC has no viruses and yet they knew as well as many security experts were saying there were a lot of machines infected.

Apple is based. They are just exercising the freedom granted to them by the BSD license. The fee they charge is very reasonable, and it just proves how successful the BSD license is. Why wouldn't I trust them what are you a conspiracy theorist? GPL is the cuck license

Mac has photoshop. GPLtards are stuck with muh GIMP.

Mac also has National Security letter and magic "third parties" who crack the iPhone's un-crackable security when the FBI wants them to.

i'm not doing anything wrong I don't give a fuck

What did you retards expect?

Wrong, you're posting on an alt-right hate site.

They don't have enough devs to bloat the system. Sounds good to me.

Nothing wrong there.

I've considered it. -_-
but no way! ^_^

Back to Devuan boys

install gentoo

Even though you're painfully autistic, you're my favorite tripfag ever.

Ignore the retards. Isn't it funny that the literal commie-license guy has the audacity to call you a communist for supporting a truly free license?

GPL is cucked as fuck. You don't deserve other people's code just because they used part of yours. Fuck off, commies and other tyrants.

Commies love strawmen because they cover up their lack of actual arguments. GPL fans seem to behave like commies in this regard.

aww thanks!
*hugs u*

What's your point? How is anyone BTFO by this

Do you though? I've used plenty of GPL programs that don't include the source in the same download. I'm pretty sure all you have to do is just make the source publicly available.

fork it...

I've installed it, but i've pretty much given up on maintaining it.
Shame, because i actually really like the distro.

Attached: 226be24a79aa1d7ab770720eaf17d6cfaebb179c0e4953980b9e74a5950f8ff4.gif (500x375, 503.4K)

I have to distribute it not just point to some random download link by someone else.

If you've forked it and made your own modifications, yes. If you're just giving an unmodified copy to a friend or something, then you really don't need to. You're pretty much fine if you make your GPL code an optional download from the official site, though some applications bundle the binary and source in the same download.

Thats not true. Otherwise it would be trivially to make it equivalent to the BSD by using a separate distributor.

*trivial

If you don't constantly emerge --sync and emerge --update @world all the time, hopefully you will never find another piece of software you need to install because otherwise you will be pulling in 100 useless dependancies that have nothing to do with what you are installing.

Then a buttload of software developers are violating the GPL then. Taking a cursory look at some major software projects, all of them I've found list the source as a separate download from the binaries. Maybe some licenses are autistic about how you distribute the source code, but the GPL doesn't appear to be one of them.

You could always email Stallman for clarification however. He seems to occasionally answer those.

It'd be a sin not to check them.

Attached: nosrc2.JPG (1234x705 65.65 KB, 79.08K)

kys namefag, you're gay as fuck. maybe if you posted tits it'd be ok though. (but you don't have any so whatever)

ok i'm gonna kms now

Time to install Source Mage GNU/Linux sourcemage.org/

Would rather waste my time with Gentoo.

Gentoo is another fine choice, too. But magic jokes have been part of CS and UNIX for a long time. btw, have you read your SICP today?

wow. how surprising. this thread is absolute shit. kill yourself Zig Forums.

What are the advantages of portage over other package managers?

I-I want to be him...

LGPL is cucked too, larper.

Lincucks are pathetic

Choice of package version. E.g. you can have latest mpv with stable kernel and gcc. Configuration is easy because you just write things you don't want in /etc/portage/make.conf file. No other distro can do this.

True. The only thing I don't like about portage is its incredibly slow dependency resolution. I guess that's because it's written in python. It should be rewritten in C

As said, USE flags, profiles, package.use (and other similar files/directories). Plus everything will be optimized for your hardware. Overlays are also very comfy. You can try gentoo with CloverOS cloveros.ga/

Attached: chihiro_pantsu1.jpg (1280x1805, 730.14K)

Is this actually faster or does it just increase binary size. I just compile everything with -Os because muh bloat.

The irony is that it would collapse even harder than void the moment its "benevolent dictator for life" became unavailable.

LGPL is for libraries. You are not fucking over the users, only let developers leech of you. To use libraries you need source code anyway, so they can't cuck you out of your own work. I see nothing wrong with that, so I am not opposed to MIT/BSD for libraries. GPL is important for the end product.

Alienbob will take over. This has been decided 10 years ago.

this is almost the age of void

Even with both Pat and AlienBob being around Slackware has been slowing down more and more over the years. Last major release was four years ago. Slackbook 2.0 is 13 years old (with about half of it entirely outdated by now) and the work on the 3rd version seems to have been suspended years ago. What to make of this?

why do you consider it difficult to maintain?
just write simple scripts for update and upgrade

[don't really need a script here]
/home/{username}/bin/update:
sudo emerge --sync

/home/{username}/bin/upgrade
sudo emerge --ask -uDU --keep-going --with-bdeps=y @world

/home/{username}/bin/newuse
sudo emerge --update --newuse --deep --ask @world

3 scripts and your done.

What advantages does it has over Gentoo anyway?

This is libreboot all over again...

I just have the first two as identical aliases in my .bashrc. It's really that simple, maintaining gentoo is as simple as debian. Updating your kernel is easy after you realize the whole process and make a mental checklist (also remember to backup your kernel confs!) and if you miss one step of updating your kernel and can't boot, just launch a rescue utility and mount the filesystems and fix the damn thing.

Use Salix.