Systemd lulz

Make sure to "misspell" systemD as "SYSTEMD" or "SystemD".

Attached: systemd.png (782x303, 53.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gng.z505.com/cult.htm
gng.z505.com/stallmanism.htm
z505.com/GNU-Violation-Press-Release1.htm
z505.com/cgi-bin/qkcont/qkcont.cgi?p=Please-Stop-Using-GNU-Licenses
gng.z505.com/fsf-gnu-site-bug.htm
fsdaily.com/stop-blob
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=143355112811564&w=2
onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2006/04/27/openbsd-3_9.html
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
gng.z505.com/common-criticisms.htm
mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg04542.html
gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a cianigger project, so the proper spelling is all caps.

Why did you have to kill a good tech thread to start this shit one?

Every thread that channels more hatred towards systemd is a good thread.

Anybody still using System D is a numbskull, this goes double for any company.

Attached: Mr Notabug "Wontfix" Worksonmymachine.png (860x2176, 227.17K)

pw user add 0day
useradd 0day
check hosts file
no? -> have dns server configured? -> do dns lookup
From there you leave the dns validation to the dns client+server.
The whole thing falls apart when you write a dns client into your "service manager", then sell it as a "fast service manager".

shitstormdicks

I had a nightmare a few nights ago that systemdicks was killing my family after I left my laptop on over night.

I'm uninstalling Arch later today.

capital D on purpose

Attached: oyvey.png (924x546, 92.92K)

To be honest I won't install anything that is not Debian outside of a virtual machine for at least another 2 years. Autistic neets are right about systemd but the alternative solutions doesn't seem to be ready yet, at least for now.

ohh xinetd is that one thing i hate from old linux distros. i was trying to remember the name
they're more useful than any of the shit software you niggers have created in your life. without CVE we'd have a bunch of retard niggers jumping around happy because they think their software is perfect
DNS or any other webshit shouldn't have anything remotely to do with my OS. keep that shit 500 miles away from me
naming everything that's wrong with MEME/*NIX
REEEE

SYSTEM//D

based Lennart

What can Debian do that Gentoo can't?

mfw

Attached: gord04.jpg (622x1022, 135.99K)

this

Lennart did nothing wrong

Reproducible builds

OpenBSD is doing random builds tho.

Attached: 70278f624d4da0b4b9f697fccfd3b580102e1260ec400f030aec18fc46b4930a.jpg (387x395, 20.65K)

that's like saying you can uncuck windows by disabling all the telemetry

This is a classic example of libtards redefining the language to suit their agenda. The GPL is provably less free than the BSD license.

Indeed. The GPL relies on rms's arbitrary, idiosyncratic definition of "freedom."

Attached: df4a9a28c9c4b36a6ac4224a3fa7f27159607bc5c60b1802402b1765ec76502a.png (800x566, 316.9K)

Once again demonstrating that one requires massive doses of Marxist Kool Ade to think that an objectively less free license is more free than an objectively freer license.

Thanks for proving my point.

Good old newspeak, where freedom is slavery.

The GPL sucks.

It's really not a problem, let them license their code any way they wish. It's the fact that it's become a Marxist religious cause as well as a software license that's the problem.

No such thing

cucklicense defenders are mentally ill

True freedom means your work can be used in proprietary software.

Do not collaborate with proprietary botnet meanies! >_

I'd tell people not to collaborate with gay retards larping as agendered anime faggots in addition.

Man user, your greentext changed my mind. I am going to release all my shitty software as GPL so people can enjoy my shit as much as I enjoy it.

they're not agendered they're boys!

Also pic related is why i prefer GPL

Attached: GPLvsBSD.png (1069x1081, 812K)

Not even 3d soyboys look like that. Face it, you're posting agendered triggerkins while sucking 6,000,000 cocks every day.

Reminder:
The GPL is considered harmful:
gng.z505.com/cult.htm
gng.z505.com/stallmanism.htm
z505.com/GNU-Violation-Press-Release1.htm
z505.com/cgi-bin/qkcont/qkcont.cgi?p=Please-Stop-Using-GNU-Licenses
gng.z505.com/fsf-gnu-site-bug.htm
I'm glad other people have been posting this website lately. Stallman claimed OpenBSD "has non-free software" because he failed to understand the ports system - he also was completely ignorant of how Theo has railed against blobs for drivers (they still are fighting against them now, even though Linux has given up - Theo even got an award from the FSF).
fsdaily.com/stop-blob
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=143355112811564&w=2
onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2006/04/27/openbsd-3_9.html

Programmers write code, not licenses. If you're still using the P.O.S (Poettering Operating System) that is Linux today, you're beyond saving.

this is a pasta go fuck yourself
i've read it at least 5 pentillion times already

GNU, what have you told us at all?
Make a sound, come down off the wall.
Religion- should appeal to the hearts of the young.
Who are you? What have you become?

You animal. Come on,
What does this remind you of?

Truly, truly we have become,
Hated and feared for something that we don't want,
Listen, listen. Most of us believe that this is wrong.

You animal. Come on,
Animal. Come on.
Animal. Come on.

Drugs!
Charge for drugs...
Charge for the DRUGS required to understand the license.
Poppy seeds can be replicated. Sunlight/water is free.
Don't charge for drugs!
Charge for source code?
Or charge for charging.

Make things up,
as we go,
make things up,
as we go.

Redefine freedom,
every 2 years,
make things up,
make things up,
as we go.

Dum dum dum
diddle dum dum,
bum...bum.

Grapefruits are free, oranges are not,

Because my website said so.

Attached: fsf-pay-only-free-forum.png (700x494, 127.57K)

Free software is not about price
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
also your post is mostly gibberish nonsense

no i didnt mean soyboys I mean boys! -_-

you < soyboys < girls < boys < real men(tm)

Typical GNUtard.
gng.z505.com/common-criticisms.htm
"GNG recovered my 10 dollars that I paid to the cult member for a FREE cd. They claimed the FREE cd was not FREE, but that it was FREE. Freedom was to cost 10 dollars. At one point I bursted out in laughter and hit my arm on my face a few times in error. But then they got me. It was like they somehow took me over at that point with their brainwashing and the FREE 10 dollar linux cd. They threatened to not offer any "free" support ($1200 extra). I said how can you restrict me from free support? That is not freedom! But I just started lying to myself, believed whatever the GNU cult stated, word for word, eye for nipple. The guy in the red hat took my credit card numbers. I blindly followed GNU, and got my friends in too, and big corporations. But "GNG is not GNU" got my money back and recovered me via their debrainwashing meeting! We are working on my friends still.. most of them are fu-bar."

nothing in that meanie rant disproves the point. It sounds like the writer was a brainlet who didnt know what he was talking about or doing for that matter.

no im above soyboys cause i dont drink/eat soy

It doesn't matter whether you drink or eat soy. You still manage to have a frightfully low testosterone level. And you're gay as well.

SYstemD is cool kids. Use it on all your computers. It makes them run faster. It makes them run faster than painting them red.

What is this "point" you absolute fool?
This is also required reading:
mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg04542.html

umm
>go to gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
ok then

You do realize that just because Stallman the autistic communist who eats shit off his foot doesn't use the exact word "freeware" it doesn't mean he does not want everyone to give out software for free. The search term "free of charge" would be much better. But I guess the faggot larping as an agendered blob wouldn't understand.

SystemDumb

some fag is butthurt because he couldn't use GPL code in his dating App for dogs

remember kids:
this applies to testosterone as well

im pretty sure RMS is okay with selling code as long as the source is made available. either way, selling code in compiled form because you unironically believe it offers some sort of security, is retarded. also licenses are retarded in general (inc GPL but its useful pragmatically)

ok I found the free of charge, and it applies to the source code, not the binaries.
And honestly it's a good thing that is requires a source code release. THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF CHOOSING GPL!! because proprietary software is unethical botnet meanie software!

Attached: kittenspounceOwO.gif (500x280, 364.88K)

So basically you can charge people to compile your program for them. Someone is inevitably going to compile their own version and release it for free, or for less cost.
Selling code in compiled form can potentially offer security from people who want to distribute your program for free, because in compiled form the program can enforce restrictions such as requiring a license key etc.
Personally though, I'd rather not charge for any money and depend on altruism because white people are generous enough for that system to work.

I don't disagree with you that releasing programs for free is good. I do however disagree with Stallman when he says "you can sell free software". This statement is bullshit for obvious reasons. Yes, you can theoretically sell free software, but you would get almost zero money.

What you do is sell free software for a profit. If it costs $20000 of your time to develop, then don't sell the software for anything less than $20000. That is how you profit selling free software.

OwO whats these?

Attached: suse-linux.jpg (1200x794 50.74 KB, 146.78K)

These companies do not get any money selling software. They only get money for offering support. It is a viable business model for them, but not for small companies or individuals.

This is viable for all small companies and individuals.

How? I cannot offer support for any distro by myself. Even if I did, I'd get only $20 per day because without huge funds for advertising, my distro would be rarely used and even rarely would someone need support.

So don't offer support for a distro that you can't support. Offer support for a distro that you can.

are you trying to say something here?
t. senior business analyst lead architect
no, licenses for programs is moronic concept except maybe in some special business to business cases with contracts. normal people just ignore the license and do whatever they want with software. even when publishing code on the internet, unless you're part of the pedantic autist cult of the free software movement, most people just use whatever code they want however they want in their projects without knowing or caring what a license is
nevermind, you're retarded as fuck, should have just ignored your entire reply

The best example you could come up with are two companies that don't make money selling software. Stop being an idiot about this issue, you're making yourself a lot less likable.

except he created PukeAudio, SystemDick and Ahahahi. You should avoid those like a plague. Use alsa or sndio for audio and RunIT/Shepherd/OpenRC (or even SystemVinit) instead of SystemDick

Attached: systemd-can.jpg (490x503, 167.53K)

This is worse than a pajeet web developer. Even pajeet web dev knows he must sanitize input and never trust anything a user does. I can just see it now

Poettering is worse than a pajeet web developer. The fact that he's actively making a decision that it's quicker to skip validating user input and not worth slowing it down terrifies me, specially with all the bragging they did about systemd boosting so fast when it first came out.

Basically it's fast because it cuts corners.

Corporations selling GPL software is the exact reason why we have SystemD, Canonical, GNOME and RedHat with their neverending release cycles, new "features", millions lines of code, useless certificates to train pajeets monkeywrenching their shovelware for wage. A truly free software should be distributed free of charge for all, if you want to earn money stop selling air like a jew you are and make some hardware to back it up. Want some proofs? Best free software is made by enthusiasts, has no "business" paid options and is extremely lightweight while being elegantly designed.
t. not communist

You are a commie tho.

Attached: juif.png (264x98, 8.28K)