Anti-consumerism

we need to embrace Anti-consumerism

-do not buy newest jewish stuff (cpu's, gpu's, laptops etc)
-keep using old hardware as long as possible
-if something is broken, fix it. that's the real ecology
-if you need some small gadgets and stuff for occasional use, buy cheapest chinese shit instead of expensive brands
-buy second hand items. and sell them to someone if you don't need them anymore
-boycott evil jewish companies with anti-consumer behaviour (Intel, AMD, Nvidia, ARM)
-do not fall into jewish memes and traps (muh outdated, muh support, muh DirectX 20, muh TripleHD)
-promote anti-consumerism to all people you know

the jewish parasites cannot live without money, that's their fuel. without it, they will die off

post more tips

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-consumerism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u52Oz-54VYw
youtu.be/yIH9yr8Hgrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You talk a few thousand of us into doing this, but what difference will it make when there'll be 1 billion chinks and 1 billion pajeets doing the exact opposite? This reeks of hippie activism either way.

we can market this to normies too

and even if it won't affect that companies, it will save you a lot of money

just buy garbage that will show the big jews

What're you doing about the problem, user?

nigga you will never learn do you ?

Attached: situationists2.jpg (1383x2184, 304.89K)

see
Were all about losing the fight now.

It's too late, user. Our ancestors have already wound the clock up, and no one can stop the approaching midnight.

Attached: don't call it a grave, it's the future you chose.gif (600x400, 715.34K)

fuck off reddit

This thread is not only not technology, its by definition anti-technology. Christ what a shitshow. Fuck this entire fucking board

Attached: 1515143557385.jpg (813x551, 163.1K)

SUBPAR BURN

gee I wonder who etc etc

You're the cancer killing this board. Go back to Zig Forums, or Zig Forums, or whatever hive of brainlets you came from

sounds fun!
I only buy new if my old stuff is quite infeasible to fix or not performant enough. Currently typing this on a 6 year old lappy it's running great still! ^_^
That goes in hand with sticking to old stuff. Normally you fix a hard drive fail by just replacing that part with a new one. However lots of new devices make it so you can't remove the storage! ;_; Its sad because I love modularity in computing, but new stuff is anything but, aside from some business laptops, but even those solder in the CPU these days.
umm I kinda disagree? I assume you mean SBCs? If it's a case where the western product has better support for free software, you should definitely go with that. Of course otherwise this makes sense, and same if you didn't mean SBCs.
OMG THIS!
My next "new" laptop will probably be a used one, preferably something that has good coreboot support.
w-what do we use then? RISC-V? The only thing out is some $1000 dev board and like no distros really support it yet. POWER9? I guess if you got the money.. used POWER and SPARC servers? I guess those could work but I hear they're a bit loud and also they're servers.
Anyone know some good MIPS stuff?

Attached: 1f8aaf64c9bf9670ec875a4b616f9fae--cute-anime-guys-anime-boys.jpg (600x600, 47.27K)

What significant changes have occurred in the last five years to justify re-creating the wheel yet again and again and?

Attached: glory-of-satan.jpg (400x580, 51.14K)

What happened to the old thread?

Attached: I want it all.webm (1138x640, 7.97M)

Not like we can do anything anyway. It's over for us. See .

No fucking shit OP.
Preaching to the choir af.
Zig Forums is the most primitivist, anti-consumerist board already, and you aren't really codifying something most of us don't know already.
So a thread died for this.
kys.

Fuck off nigger, Zig Forums is anticonsumerist. Takes actually understanding technology to know when it is overused. Only fucking idiots get enthusiastic when hearing about new shitphones and botnet that remove features and are anti-user.

Are you a bot? You reason like a poorly made bot.

Here's a list of things I personally do to screw (((them))) out of cash and information:

I forgot:

Mate you can't escape.
so be a good slave and go work.

Attached: rdw_market.webm (1440x1080, 6.46M)

I would really like to know your thoughts on the "boycott Intel, AMD, Nvidia, ARM" part. It's something that's honestly a good idea in the long term and we should all do it, but what are your ideas for the short term?

Simply buy used computers. It's easy, there are millions of them on the used market, and the stagnation in CPU speed increases over the last decade or so means there's really little penalty unless you're into 3D gaymen.

Heed advice.

Go buy the newest iPhone XXX and cease resistence

Ok I thought you were talking about getting off x86 and ARM altogether. Like I said, that would be the best, but kinda out of our reach as of now. Yeah for now buying used would be a good choice for most people.
I wish you the best! UwU

Attached: 91fda1f0daa8c539592dcb57407c2421.jpg (500x671, 43.6K)

Okay master, we will. All hail the iPhone Icon!

See

Attached: intel_collage.jpg (9999x9999, 3.87M)

Shit fucking thread. Gas yourselves.

My Laptop is from 2010. My Desktop is from 2012. My Smartphone is from 2014.
They're the first and only one of each I ever bought.
The only tech I ever retired was a "normal" mobile phone that I used from 2007-2014

My most recent "tech" purchases were an ebook-reader (in 2017) and a watch (an automatic, a month ago).

Before every purchase I do research and try to get something that will last as long as possible.

Looks like corporations are way ahead of you.

the jew is trembling in fear at the frugal lifestyle
rise above the bugmen and stomp them under your boot like the parasites they are brothers

I'd like to play Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but it runs very poorly on my old CPU. What should I buy, since both AMD and Intel are anti-consumer?

just stop playing video games
thank me later

this cannot work yet
you have to exclude AMD

He's obviously part of the problem until he drops that defeatist crap.

Play older and better games.

Get better, more enjoyable, more productive, and completely free hobbies like reading.

This tbh fam.

Attached: 169898-the-worm-in-paradise-msx-media.jpg (800x508, 72.83K)

New tech is getting quite a bit more power efficient though. At what point is it worth upgrading even though the old stuff still works?

I was never into this cuckchan /g/-tier consumerism.
Last time I visited cuckchan's /g/ it was practically a giant advertisement board for companies to shill their latest products.

Up until SJWs identify anticonsumerists as yet another "public enemy" group, declare a witchhunt on them and pressure CEOs into firing each and every last one of them from their jobs.

You will never experience the would-be benefits of this power efficiency because a """modern""" item will break long before that due to planned obsolescence mechanisms.

It doesn't work due to the huge social pressure. You might as well recommend people not to get a degree and not to have a car. What will others think of you and what will you live off if you can't even get a job because you have become an outcast ostracized by everybody?

I hope you're not one of those fags that treat their electronics like shit. Because I had a flatmate that abused his laptop until it literally fell apart and then he non-ironically blamed planned obsolescence.

Haven't heard of Chinese naval blockades in north Murrikan sea. Do US territorial waters and airspace strech all over the globe?

You're right, and wrong.
You're right because what you're saying is crazy real. The social pressure truly force you to comply with the norm.
But, I think you're wrong to just abandon. I think that you still can do, to a certain extend.

One example, due to social pressure, I can't just buy a 20 bucks phone. I have to get a smartphone or I'll look as an outcast, (or worste). So I went with a galaxy s3 with replicant. I'm just seen as a poor fag.
Moreover, I have some question often like "I don't find you on facebook" and such, but I always answer with "Edward Snowden revelation". You even can add now Cambridge analatica and election manipulation. And after, I'm totaly fine.

Why are you talking about with cars and degree? That's extreme. The goal is to buy a car
easily reparable without the whole electronics inside. The best would be to buy a "collection" car, so you don't just appear as a poorfag, just like some hobbyist who likes cars.
For the degree, obviously, if you can go liberal and have a little company/shop, that's the best, but if you can't, well, you have no choice.
But you're right to say that at some extend, there are appearance things to which you can't but follow the mainstream. But there are good solutions. The thing is just to do the best according to the situation.

Attached: sexualisation.png (1597x600, 1.11M)

I own a $30 Qualcomm phone because all I need in a phone is to manage my contact list, make calls and send SMS.

I'm still a student, so I have to wait to get my job/get married before not giving a shit about that.
I'll maybe sound retarded, but I always have trouble with girls when they ask me why I don't have facebook account or a shitty phone... I'm not gonna lie, that's partly why I don't use a burner phone. When I'll get "settled", I'll drop all of that.
God what we have to comply to get these fucking girls. Seriously, the one who have engineered the whole modern social system knew his shit. If only, only we were not that feeble.

Bro you can't fight back anyway. Just read this thread for proof

It is true that you usually don't need the latest and greatest. But sometimes cheap Chinese shit sometimes is cheap because it is shit.

I got a cheap tablet that was nothing but a headache. I'll probably throw it away as soon as I can get something better. If I had bought a quality brand in the first place, I'd have something that works better and lasts much longer. So by going too cheap you may ultimately spend more for a much worse experience.

Attached: 8b1.png (680x510, 1.34M)

As if liberals will do something
youtu.be/u52Oz-54VYw

The only thing you can do to the CEOs are to align them to a wall and then shoot them.

Attached: 70.png (602x694, 81.79K)

Play Mount and Blade: Warband on Linux. It's finished and has less bugs.
youtu.be/yIH9yr8Hgrk

wew lad, that fucking pic, they're not even disguising it anymore

I've bumped a couple of times into anons who bought into the whole "side hustle" scam. They talk like some sort of high school coach, like "gotta give 110% of myself, victory doesn't go to the lazy, no pain no gain", they really believe in meritocracy. It would be funny if it wasn't the situation we're all heading towards

Attached: a12.jpg (960x954, 73.89K)

either we're going into feudalism or Akira style Anti-utopia

Attached: 91.png (433x548 219.37 KB, 266.96K)

We're going for George Orwell for the 90% of the poor people (well, in some countries, it's even worste), and for the 10% at the top, Brave New World.

The problem with phones is that they're literally planed obsolescence. 2G and 3G are gradually being phased out, so my 2012 phone will become a brick in a few years and (((modern))) ones make it harder to remove the battery.

this rrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeally bothers me, how do you guys avoid such situations?

What did you buy?

>(((Marxian))) economics
>endorses (((Jill Stein)))
It's the system goy
Not the fact that there are a bunch of jews in media, industry and banking rigging everything in their favour.

You can't tell others what they aren't allowed to spend their money on but you can they what you believe to be a good product or a bad one.
And what are you trying to tell us?

And it (((Wolf))) instead of just Wolf

In parallel universe:

And there's something about information overload, as I recently discovered, there are enough video games in all their forms produced before present day a human won't even finish in their lifetime, same goes for fiction literature, film and music. We don't need more of that media crap, it's enough

That may be true but most of them are low quality and/or closed source.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying closed-source single-player abandonware on an airgapped machine.

True but graphics for example could be better. Or think about all the crashes of whatever game you're currently playing. There is nothing wrong with always striving for enhancements. This is what drives us. Sitting around and saying "It's ok" won't make it better.

According to the US they do.

Attached: US supper carrier fleet.jpg (750x563, 55.07K)

And this is why anti-consumerism is doomed.

I bet you think you're cute.

Nice strawman.

Which CPU do you recommend? Do non-Jewish GPUs even exist?

The secret laws requiring backdoors in computer hardware were passed shortly after 9/11, but they gave the manufacturers five years to implement the technology.

LOL
Bitch you cant even get a job without a FB account!

That's hardly true, which major employers require Faceberg accounts?
Here's your you nevertheless.

With all the recent scandals, it's hardly believable, now at least.

The problem is that they're using software that analyze you online accounts, with weird new question about your "psychological" profile.
So actually, if you don't have these accounts, they're can't use these new methods. And they have to go back to the old ways. That's why they are saying that you have something to hide etc.. etc.. It's because they're fucking retard who don't wants to do their jobs. They prefer to know you from you internet profile.

That's seriously Orwellian. That's crazy, when you think about it.
But I'm not from USA, so they never asked for that before. But since everything is being copied on the USA methods, some of these things are implemented and used right now in my country (western Europe). But that's not generalized yet.

One of the biggest part of forced consumption, is the fact that they don't use the real level of hardware development, since for example Intel don't have any serious competitor. If industries released their invention, and if it was build with good material, we would have extremely powerful technology, literally immortal.

There is so much examples of that, companies that have destroyed their own inventions because they were too resistant. The obvious example is light bulb, but there is clothes too and other things. I mean, it was pretty well known that machine produced by USSR was ugly, but they would live for a life time. It was maybe the only good thing about USSR.

But truly, having a frugal life is very good at every level. Even noble descending, rich people are forcing their kid to live frugally to not get crazy with money.
Frugality makes you strong, and free.

There are still companies making real light bulbs here in the USA. Ameritech makes "rough service" incandescent bulbs, they're only a dollar or two and have a fifty thousand hour life. I won't have those nu-bulbs in my house because they usually leave out the RFI compliance components after type acceptance, which fucks with my ham radio activities.

Buying used feels so good lads, it's really the best.

Having more money and feel smart is just a win win.

stop fetishing commodity lads
it wont give any meaning, you will only feel empty

What did you mean by this?

With many items it just makes sense from a practical point of view too. I was shopping for wine bottle openers and the ones in the stores, even upscale stores, are shit. I found a heavy duty solid brass one at the local throft store for a dollar, the thing must weigh half a pound. You can't even buy a wine bottle opener that high quality in cy+3.

What should we use for old computers in another decade?