Yet another distro thread

What do you guys think about the #1 on distrowatch list, Linux Mint? Also, my main question in regards of this is, is it a CIAniggers distro? What about its Debian based version, LMDE?

Attached: mintlogo.png (2000x1989, 318.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2016/02/21/linux_mint_hacked_malwareinfected_isos_linked_from_official_site/
infoworld.com/article/3036600/linux/is-linux-mint-a-crude-hack-of-existing-debian-based-distributions.html
lwn.net/Articles/676664/
arcan-fe.com/2018/04/25/towards-secure-system-graphics-arcan-and-openbsd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

install gentoo

I got my X220 today.

Attached: IMG_20180504_144708.jpg (3264x2448, 1.29M)

Grats, very aesthetic user. I love my x220, but I need to put a distro with higher nerd cred on it.

He's using CloverOS, so he gets significantly less nerd cred because he can't boast about manually installing it to inflate his e-peen.

Install gentoo, it was always gentoo, it will always be gentoo, stop being so fucking stubborn, stop making distro threads and install gentoo already.

theregister.co.uk/2016/02/21/linux_mint_hacked_malwareinfected_isos_linked_from_official_site/

1. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB runs great on it
2. Linux runs great on it

You have so much choice with x220.

My recommendations, if there isn't an SSD/SSHD in there get it in.

Also, you can push it to 16gb ram, I have 8 but will get 16 at some point.
if you can get a windows hdd in there at any time, try updating the bios, I did it the day I got mine, and then installed Linux, it's always a good idea with spectre & meltdown and stuff.

I always get tempted to get a big thinkpad, like a T series, but when I get a 9 cell for this I can see myself getting up to 10 hours, right now with my original 6 cell battery I'm getting around 3 and a half/4 hours.

The memeist of meme distros.

i like mints

Just use MX-Linux, it's a systemd-less debian distro that just werks out of the box.

If it's #1, it must be good.

Not much more or less than any other. Does it really matter when you're going to be installing it on CIAnigger hardware, though?

sage for distrothread, kys fgt

It's a good babbies first distro, though you want to graduate to something more autistic with time.

infoworld.com/article/3036600/linux/is-linux-mint-a-crude-hack-of-existing-debian-based-distributions.html
lwn.net/Articles/676664/

MX Linux is getting more attention on tech, see

After using Arch and then Manjaro for a while, I really like the simplicity and comprehensive packages, but I really dislike the constant updating and breakage. Based on this I decided to try debian, since .debs are the only serious competitors to AUR on number of packages, and debian has many LTS/server versions that don't seem to have much bloat. But I had trouble even figuring how to get my video drivers to work (which was easy even in arch).

why did you install malware?

Manjaro has been on the first place for months.
I don't use it, but I might buy Mintbox Mini 2 when it comes out. It looks like a decent device to replace an old PC of mine, plus it uses far less space.

It was a good enough linux for me to start on like 4 years ago.
>>>/poltech/66
Right now I'm working on getting used to Devuan which takes more know how just by the nature of it.

I want /g/ tourists to leave.

explain pls

sould I updrade my upuntu 17 to 18? poo

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (642x385, 10.19K)

Gentoo SPARC fag here

Install Gentoo if you're a true chad.
Install Arch if you're a soyboy cuck.

Attached: 0f414a6c1ccf696094b100636302296e4a9bb914fd4d3b50b4727ceb92120a57-cow.jpg (576x1024, 35.74K)

When will you accept systemd in your heart, user?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x600, 533.97K)

When it's rotten and black.

which one tbh

As a sysadmin, I'm alright with Systemd, but the design is a little over what I need for home. If I ever did a reinstall at home, I'd probably switch to systemd to stay more standard, but my current init system has no shortcomings sufficient enough to warrant switching right now. I'm not going to switch until I really need to.

accept SystemD in your ass anons

I've been using Linux since 2004. Distrohopping until first Ubuntu. Left Ubuntu for Windows with their change to Unity. In 2015 I installed Ubuntu Mate. I was very happy with it until the 18.04 release. There are so many quirks in 18.04, which I don't like (for example: weird looking notification area). I tried MX Linux and I'm very happy with it atm. It's really snappy and just let's you go about your day.

I would go back to Ubuntu Mate 18.04 if it looked like 16.04 release (notification area).

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x600 112.81 KB, 207.8K)

(satan checked)
Eh, I gave it a try, didn't like the interface.

Is there a way to download Arch with KDE? Despite the regular abuse of KDE by minimalists, I quite like it.

I didn't realize this, but some linux distributions come with package managers. Apparently, you can install KDE afterwards which is pretty cool because I always have difficulty find a distro that has all of the programs I need.

Oh fuck off. I would rather not have to implement the IDE myself if I don't have to. I don't need your sarcasm.

I'm in tears right now

mint cinnamon master race
truly the comfiest of distros

I can't believe people use anything but debian.

It's like 2 commands faggot

Mint is a (((Google))) botnet and comes with propietary botnets like firefox (They think this is ok for some reason.)

newfag pls

This explains it's appeal and rank, plain and simple. With the mass exodus from all the CIANiggers now infesting MacroShaft Wangblows, Mint is the obvious choice. Most will simply park there ofc, the autistic among us will move on to Arch derivatives, Gentoo, or even LFS.

I'm not Mint Linux m8. I'll remember that shit forever.

LFS is great.

Kali

Real men install Source Mage.

Attached: iefjwoifjsjfoiejsfsourcenmageifjeooiawjfh.png (690x310, 11.01K)

>>>/g/

meh. even microsoft pulled that shit once.

It is.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (300x300, 138.11K)

I'm installing Win10 with Mint on HyperV as we speak. Thanks for setting me straight.

No; real men use Plan 9.

Attached: rio-custom.png (600x334, 65.8K)

"In your guts, you know he's nuts!"

Anything Unix-like is AIDS for your computer.

Alpine or Void for daily driver for a slow AMD laptop?
Fuck compiling for days with Gentoo. Might as well OpenBSD it like a true nerd

What non-Unix-like systems are out there?

GNU Emacs.
>>>/emacs/

I would suggest alpine over void, at least until Void fixes the internal problems they're having (project leader has been MIA for a while now so everything is up in the air).

It was good when I used it, back in early 2016 I believe, when the KDE version shipped with KDE 4. Very stable, no bugs whatsoever.

if you like KDE, you should use OpenSUSE and not botnet mint

TempleOS - Powered by Divine intellect - 100% CIA nigger free - Endorsed by the Space Alien - CIA nigger got run over with a car while developing TempleOS

>>>/templeos/

I like Linux Mint because for the most part it "just works" and I get the best of Winblows (I get to work with my computer instead of working ON my computer) and FOSS (fuck paying for software).

Do you even basic system maintenance at archlinux wiki? I only left arch world because I couldn't adapt my arch to a poettering-free system and installing Parabola/artix was very full of bugs.

lel

Every fucking time.

Attached: dsfdsfdsfds.jpg (750x422, 36.55K)

Thank you, agent Johnson.

X is a botnet user, every program can see edit and fuck with every other programs GUI. You should use wayland instead for more security.

The OpenBSD fork (Xenocara) is much better, too bad most Linux distributions don't use it.
This is also interesting:
arcan-fe.com/2018/04/25/towards-secure-system-graphics-arcan-and-openbsd/

For what?

yea

"Yea" and "yeah" are two completely different words.

Attached: DZ5nLNVVwAEYTRp.jpg (396x594, 45.05K)

This is a shitpost thread. At least at was sage'd.

Is it gay Zig Forums?

Attached: 248px-OpenSUSE_official-logo-color.svg.png (248x157, 12.1K)

yes it is

Is calculate linux any good? Are drivers a problem like with Debian?

Why don't you just use if you want to automate a Gentoo install?

i646 support

*i686

Why

aside from this thing being on the front page, is fedora a decent choice?

Attached: fedora.jpg (612x611, 31.34K)

Yes.