There are programmers defending GDPR and ignoring it will destroy European internet

Are those programmers cucked or they just hate Europe?

Attached: gdpr-data-protection-laws-hotel-marketing.jpg (1000x562, 147.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation
eff.org/deeplinks/2018/04/european-copyright-law-isnt-great-it-could-soon-get-lot-worse
creativecommons.org/2018/03/29/head-copyright-committee-wants-deny-eu-creators-right-share/
techdirt.com/articles/20180406/17265539586/latest-eu-copyright-plan-would-ban-copyright-holders-using-creative-commons.shtml
gamasutra.com/view/news/317050/Ragnarok_Online_shutting_down_European_servers_after_14_years.php
ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2016/EN/1-2016-593-EN-F1-1.PDF
politics.stackexchange.com/questions/30509/how-are-gdpr-fines-actually-enforced-for-us-companies-with-no-physical-presence
gdpr-info.eu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I bet you use BSD too, faggot.

I bet you're naive and a cretin

What is this and how is it relevant to programmers?

that has absolutely nothing to do with breaking the GDPR, dumbass.

What's GDPR?
No. I'll google it after you tell me what it is so I can shove any mistakes you make back into your face. Go.

Global Democratic Peoples Republic, its one of those conspiracy theories.

GDPR is General Data Protection Regulation too, not to be confused with the German Democratic Republic.

So it is a tangible threat to our freedom/livelihood/well-being that is being widely ignored because it is just too scary to think about? Got it.

Aren't the "General Data Protection Regulations" a good thing to happen in Europe, as opposed to what happens in USA? "Right to access" and "Right to erasure" look pretty good as stated on Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

Is this a thread made by nsaburgers and cianiggers shilling against freedom and privacy of EU citizens?

A new pro-consumer law. Websites are required to be more specific about what data they collect, give their users the option to not agree and give them the option to delete it.

shit thread

It's a new pro-consumer yet anti-business law that's supposed to be all about for privacy but as a down side many services just stopped serving EU citizens because of how expensive and/or complex it is to comply with.

Here's a list of some example companies that either withdrawn from EU market or shut down their services completely:

So yeah, the whole hate for GDPR comes from the fact that it will hurt the small business, from what I understand.

Data protection officer of a small european non-profit organisation here, ask me anything.

It also adds yet more bloat to the EUSSR's regime of labyrinthine bureaucracy
You're volunteering to use private services. I guess Europeans really are more retarded than Americans

Attached: 1503688591dog-face-png-funny-face.png (447x283, 219.78K)

The only really bad part is there was a paragraph about requiring automatic scanning of user uploaded stuff for copyright infinging and illegal material and it's not at all clear whether that means checking md5 or expensive advanced shit like youtube does.

Frequent complait is nobody knows what the rules mean in practice, because much of it is a bit vague. My guess is, many companies that pulled out will wait for judicatures an d for the rules to clear up and then return to the market.

IIRC, they want all services to build a database of copyrighted works and check the user-generated content against it. There's also a "link tax", which is completely fucking retarded and makes Creative Commons illegal. Wasn't this from another document though?

It actually isn't. Tell your customers what data you're storing, for what reasons and for how long, who you're giving this data to, and what their rights are, and you're good.

Sauce or BS.

same

Compared to other laws, it's pretty straight forward.

I haven't actually read the whole document, just judging from the news.

Wasn't there more though? Like, the fact that clicking "I Accept" doesn't imply user's consent.

> eff.org/deeplinks/2018/04/european-copyright-law-isnt-great-it-could-soon-get-lot-worse
> creativecommons.org/2018/03/29/head-copyright-committee-wants-deny-eu-creators-right-share/
> techdirt.com/articles/20180406/17265539586/latest-eu-copyright-plan-would-ban-copyright-holders-using-creative-commons.shtml

There's no more legalese fine print for users. Information on what happens to their data has to be provided "in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language". Also users always have a right to revoke their consent no matter what the terms of service say.

I'll read them, thanks.

A quick Googling tells me that you're talking out your ass.

I guess you just suck at using Google® Search. Literally the first link in the News section: gamasutra.com/view/news/317050/Ragnarok_Online_shutting_down_European_servers_after_14_years.php

It does, if they enforce it selectively against people they don't like.

Telling your customers isn't enough. You need to delete all data that is no longer needed, including in backups, or you can get a 20 million fine.
And you need to be able to tell exactly where all data went at every single point to be able to do that. And you need to be autistically specific in describing the purposes for which you're going to use data.

Not impossible for a big business focused on tech, but good luck being a local mom&pop store storing emails and addresses of your customers and then sending them off to a printers to do some advertising. Sure, there's no more legalese to go through for users, but it makes it punishingly hard to deal with data for anything that isn't a massively funded startup or giant company.

Sounds reasonable, pretty much what I would expect of a new privacy law desu.

Either tell your customers beforehand or don't give their data to random people. What's difficult about that?

ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2016/EN/1-2016-593-EN-F1-1.PDF
Though it seems that it's not part of GDPR.

Forgot to specify, it's article 13.

when americucks will stop sucking corporate cock?

Again, that is not enough. You need to be able to tell them exactly where their data is and who has it. As in, point to a computer and go "it's in this exact machine". And you need to do that for the guy you're handing it too.

So sit in your basement writing addresses on envelopes for a week straight instead of hiring someone that owns a machine to do it? Does that sound remotely reasonable to you?

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was only addressing companies with a worldwide revenue in excess of 50 or 100 millions.

Who cares about European internet if there's not European people remaining?

That's bullshit. Read the law.
Also bullshit. Read it.

Yes, it does. Don't send out unsolicited spam to people. Don't give people's data to others without their consent. Both are asshole things to do. If you'll want to send advertising to your customers and you don't have a printing machine, you'll know that when you collect your customers' data.

You do realize the internet existed without the big data meme, right? They're about as essential as those people who stick 100 ads that are all cross site requests on their websites. They abused their users and now they are finally getting a taste. Good riddance, if only other parts of the world would follow suit.

Attached: Red Sector INC RSI Mega Demo Amiga Demo.webm (284x160, 5.69M)

Web sites shouldn't log anything at all.

kys

GDPR may be going to far but it is solving the privacy issues even if heavy handed

The right to report the jew > "The right to be forgotten"

good goy

That's excellent: comply or get the fuck out. The void will be filled again, no worry about that.
That should be the same with tax evasion. Let all of these companies get the fuck out of here. New companies made by fellow citizen will take the place.

Yeah, it's the fault of the honest peoples who don't have the time to do a lawyer's job and that are sometimes imposed by social norm to use these medias. Friendly reminder that the federal reserve and nearly every central bank are private.
Fucking liberal.

56%

taxation is theft, darkie

How the fuck do you want to stop spamming attacks and attackers?

Yeah, you're the one kind that wants to change the rule that have worked for milleniums.

Wait, is a communist calling me black?

Not quite.

Attached: 1493737886920.png (750x1020, 459.88K)

at_least_I_still_have_the_constitution.264

Dont_know_how_capitalsm_work.jpg

So can I just lie on my Google and say I'm an EU citizen and they have to stop spying on me? How can I, as a US citizen, use these new rules to help myself?

Mask your IP.

amidoinitrite?

ba dum tss

GDPR doesn't forbid logging of IP addresses. You just have to tell users that you're logging them, for how long, for what reason, on what legal basis and who they can complain to. You also have to delete them after a reasonable amount of time (for IP adresses 1 or 2 weeks are recommended).
However in some countries there's no law allowing you to log IP addresses, so that's kind of a grey area. But as this is a common thing to do, no one will go after you if you delete your logs after a few days.

Don't these protections extend to people who travel outside the EU as well?

this

Small business don’t have the right to fuck people over just because there small. People should know what there getting into.

>>>/reddit/

You don't understand, how can small businesses compete fairly, if large ones write the law!

Did you even read the law?

I wasn't talking about GDPR or even europe for that matter, dummy

why would anyone defend this atrocity?

And nothing of value was lost.

Sadly.

Fuck off yuropoor

Can't they take up to 4% of total revenue from any company that breaches the regulation? This shit is hilarious dude. Apparently the majority of companies will have to spend millions to comply with these standards. Good luck to whoever tries to operate a business that handles user data in Yurope when you have to comply with every request for what data you have on them and where it went. I think the most dangerous regulation is specifying how companies have to present T&Cs in layman's terms. This is idiotic. The reason way "legalese" exists is because common spoken language isn't specific while many laws require specificity. If some middle-aged black woman can't figure out what a "cookie" is and how it "tracks" her then your company may be at fault.

The "privacy scandals" and recent facebook "scandal" have shown one thing, it's that regulators don't care if companies provide people the knowledge and option to take care of their privacy. What matters to these regulators is what happens to the average person. The average person is a fucking retard who can receive a pop-up every day reminding them precisely how to change their privacy settings, they can be told that if they play that gay little facebook game then their information will be harvested but they don't know what it means.

Good thing they make billions by selling user data.
You know that, in order to access data, a path must be specified, right? You imbecile. If they can save and access data from a certain user, deleting it should not be hard at all.
No, the current approach is idiotic. Terms and Conditions (and Privacy Policies) are written in a deliberately obscure way so they can force useds to accept nefarius shit.
All they have to do is specify where data is being stored, who can access it and why is can it be used. Lawyers are amazing at obscuring those details, and that's why a law must force them to be clear with what they mean.
It's always about race with you guys. This shit is hilarous.
Except they don't. Want to get rid of Facebook's shadow profile of you? Sign in to Facebook. That's the only way.
Want some of those companies to delete the information that you may or may not have provided them willingly? Though luck.
As it should be. That's their work, not to suck big corporation's cock.
You condesending jerk. Facebook was handling data irresponsively and Zuckerberg himself admitted that the privacy settings do basically nothing.

Attached: GoAway.jpg (500x430, 63.77K)

What retard rendered this?

It's probably the audio track

sounds like a bunch of redditors made a regulation. its going to turn into a tool to censor like a lot goverment regulation

All the faggots that run forums are going insane at the moment over this law. There is a thread going on a popular forum that they congregate on with multiple pages worth of salt. When I asked them why anyone living outside of the EU should follow this retarded shit I was met with many replies that boiled down to
When I told them to simply ignore it and it would go away they had no responce and went back to devising ways to comply with the law while begin able to retain the 20+ years worth of user data they've collected.

The same people constantly bitch about how google is unavoidable if you want to run a website but refuse to attempt running one without adsense. When I told them I ditched google years ago and that it's possible to generate income without the big G they just say I'm a liar and attempt to bury the comment. It's so much fun to watch them meltdown any time something like this happens.

Attached: f3e507285ba0f679ad0d95c302b3e5c49250080b24cda6b2b3bbdfb1ab893f67.jpg (1000x793, 549.12K)

If I get plastered and make an ass of myself online, do I not have a right to force everyone to forget what I said? Sounds to me like I do and everyone must comply or else.

WAIT

How does this law differentiate between the personal data collected by one platform and the posting of this data on another platform without that named user's consent?

You will be able to delete your private data and its bad?. Fucking shill.

Weren't gonna make it anyway

Attached: aa7.jpg (640x466, 43.23K)

Take this shit to Zig Forums and Zig Forums

Zig Forums is not hosted in the EU and the company that runs it is not incorporated in the EU, and none of the people who run it live in the EU or (to my knowledge) are citizens of EU member nations. Why would Zig Forums give a fuck about this law?

Whatever this is tries to subjugate all companies outside of the EU who gather the information of EU members including email under it. Good luck getting through the Supreme Court. They have better things to do faggots.

But its probably because there is a cheeky clause in their saying:"BTW we own you"

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Wew.

If you've been doxxed or someone posts information or content without your permission, you can force websites to remove them. Be it Zig Forums or xvideos.
It's always been like this sonny, most people don't know they can do this, don't have the money to hire a lawyer or they don't know they've been doxxed. Welcome to the real world.

Only if you own the copyright to the content. That's why Zig Forums takes down nude selfies of girls when they make a DMCA request. They own the copyright to their own selfies.

You don't own the copyright to your address. Zig Forums is under no obligation to take it down if it is posted.

Spotted the anclap

You have to follow this law if you want to be open to EU citizens (it counts as your offering being aimed at a group that includes EU citizens unless you specifically prevent them from accessing your service), or you get a 20 million fine that can be enforced through various legal treaties. I wouldn't feel so safe unless you're very familiar with all the international treaties your country has signed.

fuck off of every imageboard ever made

I stated facts. And just like other facts, like water being wet and your mother being a whore, my knowledge of them says nothing about my political orientation.

Do you understand the difference between a descriptive statement and a prescriptive statement?

Name them.

You should also read this: politics.stackexchange.com/questions/30509/how-are-gdpr-fines-actually-enforced-for-us-companies-with-no-physical-presence

Enforcing the GDPR outside of the EU is going to be very difficult. As it should be, frankly.

I'm not worried user because they aren't going to extradite me or anyone else to face charges.

Furthermore I own multiple raifus and I'm an upstanding member of my community so even if they requested it my local Government would just tell them to fuck off. But assuming they didn't I'm happy to shoot at them and turn it into a Bundy Ranch situation.

All I'm seeing are cucks rolling over like the cowards they are. The EU is a joke and everyone knows it.

We're talking about the same faggots that are still trying to relugate muh piracy.

I tell them good luck. Only really big companies that have something to lose are going to comply to their scheme.

Can't stretch this enough. The EU are a bunch of spineless cowards. Instead of dealing with the problem in a rational way they do what they do best..

Create a overly complicated law that will be ineffective and counterproductive.

Meanwhile zuck, the goolag and datamining inc., are laughing all the way to the bank as they find loopholes in the law to keep their ways intact.

At the end of the day as usual only the EU citizens are going to get fucked over by this.

Exactly, but they'll cuck the rest of the world to go along with it. What will end up happening is every site will have some type of retarded pop-up to warn you that they're harvesting data. It'll just be an annoying "feature" that you'll be forced to implement in any type of website that allows for user interaction. It's COPPA on steroids.

They are not going to be able to enforce fines for this outside of major players but they won't dare fine any major player because they are all tied up with the Five Eyes anyway. This is just for show. I am amazed by how everyone is just willing to go along with it though. People are so spooked about losing their adsense money that they're willing to sell their souls to keep it. I've slowly watched people that advocated for speech in the 90s turn from opposing the Great Firewall of China and hating on Microsoft for begin "the borg" to bending over backwards to appease Google. These same people were some of the first ones to use SEO tactics but not they're butt hurt because their websites are going further and further down the search results.

Forum administrators are some of the biggest lolcows on the entire internet. If you don't believe me just go to the forums they hang out on. You'll see plenty of folks that don't know the first thing about how a computer works smugly giving advice on everything Zig Forums. They've all been namefagging for almost 3 decades now too yet they wonder why disgruntled users can so easily dox them.

Thats not how GDPR works. You cant force people to opt into everything for the service, you cant put any terms in an agreement, and if they later want to opt out you have to let them. The alternative is not being allowed to operate in Europe.

Nigga you didn't read it. There's nothing complicated about the GDPR.

Come back when you've read it.

If they want to build a firewall to keep their slaves from being able to access my server then that's fine by me. Yes, I know the law has something stupid about VPS access in it too. Not my problem. I'm happy that the EU continues to make-up stupid non-laws to piss off their populations. I'm sure they'll be dealt with sooner rather than later.

For any anons interested the law itself is comprised of 11 chapters, 99 articles, and tons of BS. You can find the full text here: gdpr-info.eu/

The TL:DR version: Cuck EU makes cuck law for show that is unenforceable but everyone is losing their minds and reddit thinks it's a great idea.

You aren't going to be extradited, there's systems to collect fines directly in place in many countries, to cover cases like a tourist getting a parking ticket and fucking off back home without paying.

Yeah Europe cant do anything at all for all those physical offices and employees that major American tech companies have all over the continent. American tech executives never go to Europe, nothing could possibly be done to them.

What are you talking about?

It's nicely structured so you know what parts apply and which do not. Most small companies can skip the second half.

Still not convinced I'll be fined. If you're not a cuck and don't pay the fine the next step is going to court which means they're going to have to extradite me or hold it in my local court where the law does not apply. Either way being I'm not a citizen I've not violated their laws. A parking ticket is not comparable because in that case a law was broken on EU soil.

I'm not those people. I'm a free citizen of a nation outside of the EU, that's never stepped foot within the EU and doesn't operate a business within the EU. I do not automatically fall under EU law just because some EU citizen accessed one of my web servers.

The law is said to apply when an IP from the EU accesses a server anywhere in the world assuming I'm collecting personal data (which is defined as something as simple as an IP address). It is not my responsibility to block traffic from them, if they don't want citizens accessing my server then they'll be forced to build a firewall like China and block the traffic on their end.

Or they can just ignore it entirely because it's a dumb law that is unenforceable.

Then you don't matter. No one gives a fuck about your tiny company or meme website. This IS ENFORCEABLE for almost every site that any normie would use daily.

Then how come everyone else in the same boat as me with 20+ years of user data stored in multiple databases losing their minds over this? It does affect everyone including meme websites. Don't pretend it's just big business. I'll repeat my point again; EU LAW DOES NOT APPLY OUTSIDE OF THE EU. If you can't see why this is both retarded and an effort by a corrupt Government that's attempting to fine people that are not their citizens then I don't know what to tell you. This is NWO-tier fuckery and if people would simply not be cucks and laugh at them for attempting it we'd all be better off for it. Instead we're going to end up with so many restrictions in place that no one but the big players will be allowed to operate anything beyond a static website. What I'm saying is you don't let them set the precedent.

The fact that you started those supposed facts but made no mention of any other laws whatsoever makes me believe you're an ancrap whose idol is property rights and who thus believes you only have a right to your data if it's copyrighted. You're pretty transparent.