Purism got a (((courtesy request))) from intel to stop

Article: phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Purism-FSP-RE-Disappear
Archived sites taken from the forum comments: web.archive.org/web/20180421130723/https://code.puri.sm/kakaroto/FSP/src/master/fsp_m_init.c
web.archive.org/web/20180421130722/https://code.puri.sm/kakaroto/FSP/src/master/fsp_m.c
web.archive.org/web/20180421130720/https://code.puri.sm/kakaroto/FSP/src/master/fsp_common.c
web.archive.org/web/20180421130730/https://code.puri.sm/kakaroto/FSP
web.archive.org/web/20180407232908/https://puri.sm/posts/intel-fsp-reverse-engineering-finding-the-real-entry-point/

Attached: intel-israel.jpg (1500x1054, 144.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

0x0.st/sj6a.zip
google.com/amp/lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2016/08/10/the-list-of-clinton-associates-whove-died-mysteriously-check-it-out/amp/
lwn.net/Articles/738225/
libreboot.org/faq.html#amd-platform-security-processor-psp
cancertutor.com/gcmaf-potential-cure/
sifive.com/products/hifive-unleashed/
crowdsupply.com/microsemi/hifive-unleashed-expansion-board
youtu.be/rzUVu07xX_s?t=30m23s
puri.sm/learn/avoiding-intel-amt/
chisel.eecs.berkeley.edu/
github.com/freechipsproject/chisel3/
github.com/sifive
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/ddr3-ram-and-a-libre-risc-v-soc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fucking kikes

Attached: 1420517149066-0.png (355x273, 61.82K)

The fact this had to happen gives them credibility, but the fact they complied throws that credibility right out the window. I wonder what Intel threatened them with.

They should comply and give evidence of compliance by releasing all research as Open Source.

Not-our-fault-the-project-grew-massively.jpg

I hope it just means they took the "smart" option for a while to plan better. I think they're gonna continue when they know how to do it without Intel getting too much serious legal power over it.

How can you say no to a multibillionare megacorp though.

Go save these pages to your disk, too.
(((They))) will go after the archives, I bet my ass.

0x0.st/sj6a.zip

That's my nigga

buying purism still gives intel kikes money.
power9 is the clear better choice, even if all the important docs are locked behind a $100,000/year paywall that the average consumer goy has no access to.

fucking cucks you mean

What’s a good non-x86 lappy??

Attached: CBCCD8FF-00DB-4D0B-B714-ACE6B0B56B76.jpeg (500x550, 62.99K)

That's true, it's still disappointing. Fucking kikes. Hopefully they're going with

Is RISC-V really our savior, or is it just a meme like POWER9? Even if they're both memes, then which one is better?

Can't Zig Forums make a single thread without spreading ITS THE JOOS bullshit?

Attached: intelceo2.jpeg (1024x629 88.84 KB, 71.23K)

How's the weather InTel-Aviv?

RISC-V is a meme until there's an open-hardware, general purpose, 64-bit RISC-V-based SoC that's actually affordable and can run at least one mainstream open source OS (probably Linux).

That basically describes the lowRISC project, but they were supposed to have a crowdfunding campaign for their first SoC in 2017, and they've obviously blown right past that target. Looking at the lowRISC homepage, it looks like they're more involved with academic masturbation on FPGAs than actually producing a product.

The hardware situation is so sad, though, that RISC-V is about all we have to look forward to at the moment, unless the open-hardware reimplementation of the SuperH family goes anywhere.

found the jew

Attached: 1387147707414.png (375x444, 96.29K)

JIDF
JIDF
JIDF

Attached: 1465327376283-1.png (1705x1068, 2.69M)

Live feed from Intel HQ

I hope that's the case, because botnet-free x86 would be nice

Oy vey! Is that the real thing?

Attached: oy_gavalt.webm (320x240, 10.77M)

Librebootable arm chromebook
Mips laptops(if you can find one)
The powerpc notebook(real future product)
ppc macbooks

How could you you make a strategic decision that ultimately fulfills your main agenda and the longevity of the careers of all your employees when you can sacrifice it all for the opportunity to sabotage yourself in a gesture of feigned rebellion that benefits no one?

Attached: 9a36798fbf3d4ce5a4d865e27a19b01d4d48d138bb123391b15908e2caa0315b.png (576x566, 280.53K)

If you mean freeing all the x86 hardware with the FSP in the future, benefits no one. You are a liar.

It will not benefit his employer and his paycheck.

Why even bother at this point? the best way to screw over Intel would be to focus on a decent x86 re-interpreter/re-compiler toolchain so that the last 30 years of software written for x86 and x86-64 can be run on non-x86 systems.

All these people are doing is furthering x86 dominance, and x86 is AIDS.

I wouldn't hold out on that being a thing anytime soon, there will be decent and affordable 64 bit RISC-V SoCs available but they wont be open in the sense that you will be able to view the RTL for them.

But that's what RISC-V has always been, its taken Google throwing their weight on the project to get it moving in a focused way toward becoming a viable alternative to ARM.

You make a great point, I wonder why someone hasn't written a QEMU patch for other architechures into wine yet? You can run x86 windows .EXE's on ARM with wine. Why not just make it so you can do it on other architectures, like powerpc and risc-V, also? Granted the patchset was dropped because of (((reasons))). But it could be re-created and ressurected in wine-staging now and the kernel now.

What I suggested is different from QEMU, QEMU is emulating the hardware whereas what I suggested is more of a decompiler+compiler toolchain. Such a project will never get upstreamed into the kernel for a myriad of legal reasons but in reality it wouldn't need to be.

That is interesting though. Intel has shown by doing this they are aware people want a botnet free system. So why don't they deliver what the market wants? My bet is they are receiving federal funding not to.

James McDougal
google.com/amp/lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2016/08/10/the-list-of-clinton-associates-whove-died-mysteriously-check-it-out/amp/
Seth Rich
Doctors studying nagalese
Chester
Mary Mahoney

Julian Assange

Thats what they get for using proprietary hardware. Perhaps purism will pick shit that respects our freedom next time. Retards.

And these people are examples on why you do this privately and then release all the information all at once anynomylously as possible.
I have heard of all the others. But what the fuck is nagalese?

Thats just the C201, right? I'm not sure if I really like the idea of sticking with depthcharge as payload though. I heard it has signature verification of the kernel or something, but what if you're on a rolling release and you get a kernel update? Wouldn't that mess things up? Also, I heard theres like, a factory reset available by hitting space at some point, but idk if that's a part of depthcharge or a part of ChromeOS.
Also someone find that manager whos keeping the Mali GPU driver away from us and tell him to stop being such a meanie >_<
lwn.net/Articles/738225/
outside of the old yeeloong, I don't know of any, and that lemote is actually slower today than your average SBC, at least judging by clockspeed.
I saw that! I really hope it's good! Seems very early to say though.

;_; it really does make me sad how little good freedom-respecting hardware is out there these days..

Attached: 5e23bada9504de2327ce9b176814a1c5--anime-cat-boy-neko-boy.jpg (500x625, 52.2K)

Well done boy, any idea of a commit date on that? The zip says 1984...

It is.

I did that on purpose while getting rid of all metadata and zipping the files. I don't know the exact date but they were commited on April.

Good luck using all the wonderful software derived from an unfinished study that no one is legally allowed to write or maintain, moron.

(((intel))) is the real enemy of freedom. who is (((RMS))) kidding here?

umm RMS has no connections to Purism, aside from saying bad things about them back when they used to have a proprietary BIOS.

AMD did nothing wrong

4354c9a424f4f4e9bb48509809e64f374558d9ac47833c86e6e8b788c273a5c5
is that correct?

OwO whats this?
libreboot.org/faq.html#amd-platform-security-processor-psp

this was not really a problem for I2P, or for DeCSS, etc.

Yes. Individual SHA-256 file hashes are:
c8564ddfd50a61330743e8734c25f3d0e12696150dcc94a683b08107df77a97b fsp_common.c6cbd3e1216b33c47c3224b69d9f6478364f784b6f81958afb95c0cb958df526c fsp.hf14017bfd9e761811b0da216addfda915b6c3da1fd825607b87fa46fef530964 fsp_m.cf5cdde3e2d75ef3c5594e514e68c0bab28e8707dd61c63fb2729c7310f9aa327 fsp_m_init.c6ad4d1494d35105f4c0631b215dbc12ee5888c50395db2a9777999f4a175bcb0 fsp_m_pei.cf4740c73fc0b870a8070fd24b5e1d2a249a69e0e4840ef0ea620d4933330e285 Fsp_uncleaned.ce947a019adf4060ccabc5c7bb8784a41be110a74b5281e4472fd9df48b736457 fsp_utils.c

So now the idea is to spread this everywhere with links, etc.?
I don't think I am able to do any other meaningful actions as I'm far from being a qualified OS/firmware developer.

Someone should tweet it at Purism and/or (((Intel))).

Check'd

saved

gnu+terrorism

It was related to cancer
This might explain it, same situation don't know if it's about nagalase though

Ahem.
cancertutor.com/gcmaf-potential-cure/

A backup if the kikes get to 0x0.st
mediagoblin.xyz/sj6a.zip

purism is a front for pan arabic nationalism!

So?

Attached: VERY IMPORTANT.mp4 (1280x720, 8.48M)

You can have a near fully open-source RISC-V PC now if you're willing to spend $3K for performance similar to a Raspberry Pi:

sifive.com/products/hifive-unleashed/
crowdsupply.com/microsemi/hifive-unleashed-expansion-board

I say "near" because the first generation SOC still contains some 3rd party proprietary IP cores for peripheral functions where open-source cores were not available. SiFive's business model is based on offering chip customization and fabrication services. They're trying to get an open-source ecosystem going.

youtu.be/rzUVu07xX_s?t=30m23s

Those were discussed in the Talos thread, they don't have open RTL since SiFive want to sell you a license for their core designs (complete with a small mountain of NDAs and other legal documents). Only severly cut down version is available as RTL (of course only after signing a bunch of legal docs) and the full core is only available as a pre-synthesized bitstream for the FPGA board.

That video may say otherwise but I suspect they aren't being entirely honest, I would love to be proven wrong and to have the entire RTL for the chip publicly available but I am extremely doubtful of it happening. I judge people by what they do rather than what they say and as it stands there is some behind the scenes hand rubbing going on at SiFive.

Jewtel strikes again

Attached: intel joo.jpg (679x758, 51.71K)

Gross. If you're going to suck another dudes cock, at least do a decent job.

You can't hide from us faggot

Is it hard to "leak" those FSP files from some irrelevant chinese OEM factory and then do the development communicating and publishing anonymously over darknets like i2p?
Fucking normies can't live without namefagging and good goy paychecks.

How is this allowed? With this kind of morality displayed constantly by corporations and state institutions and agencies, am I supposed to believe newborns aren't secretly fitted with tiny microchip implants soon after birth these days?

Could it be because Purism are competitors to the EFF/FSF selling "gluglugs" (i.e. vastly overpriced and vastly outdated trannybooted Thinkpads)?

What is his status? Is he alive in the Schroedinger type of sense?

no it was because they were saying they were selling a "total freedom" laptop, or something like that, when they still hadn't gotten coreboot or me_clean, or anything. They were basically just another system76 or whatever at that point.
Even now they still only do coreboot, not libreboot, so theres still a bit of binary blobbiness and the ME is still kinda there (even though they say it's disabled/removed/neutralized, there was a blackhat presentation that said it can still be an exploit)
FSF did endorse their distro, PureOS, so its not like theres bias against the company.
See this article...
puri.sm/learn/avoiding-intel-amt/
...and the part about wanting to be 100% certain rather than 99%. FSF will only give the RYF certification if Purism can get to that "100%".
I mean, Purism is probably the best option if you can't live with an outdated lappy, and is most likely not botnet in the slightest, but it's not "100%"

and this Intel news troubles me. Like, are they still working on the FSP at all? They took down their repo and their update in the phoronix article points to Intel's FSP, not theirs. are they compromised now? O_O

Attached: BEwmCfyCYAALaAF.jpg (450x600, 55.08K)

Why would a compiler need to be in the kernel regardless?

Same reason a dbus implementation needs to be in the kernel.

Puzzling at best is this question. Suffice it to say the FSP must have something to do with the redirection of x86 assembly to whatever architecture is on the die now. Or there are hidden backdoors in the FSP. Or both.

>>>/bog/

guaranteed_replies.bmp

[desire to know more intensifies]

>>>/soyboys/

Purism are googlekiked controllled opposition themselves.

Attached: 1513187673106.jpg (501x585, 100.11K)

I'm no expert on this, but I think you're missing something here. They've fully open sourced their work, but it's not in RTL, they work at a higher level of abstraction. This stuff is written in Chisel:

chisel.eecs.berkeley.edu/
github.com/freechipsproject/chisel3/

Their Chisel source is available here:

github.com/sifive

You can compile it yourself to obtain the Verilog. The actual RISC-V CPU cores used in the u500 were already an open design, the Rocket Chip, which is also written in Chisel.

You don't need to sign anything to obtain the above. Of course this isn't the complete chip, but they've been totally open about the 3rd party proprietary cores they've used (pics related). That's what you have to buy the license and sign the NDAs for. Their justification is that there weren't open cores available for these functions, and they wanted to get RISC-V hardware out of the door and into people's hands. This seems logical to me. To get an open-source hardware ecosystem going requires some compromise at the start, just like how GNU had to be bootstrapped from proprietary Unix systems, replacing utilities one by one until they had a fully free environment.

A fully free chip won't happen until there are free replacements for the aforementioned proprietary IP cores. They've stated their intention to work with the community towards that, and they're done their bit by releasing their work. I don't see any hand rubbing here - this is real progress.

Attached: HiFive3.png (1001x566 216.89 KB, 41.92K)

Literally botnet. Don't buy this and let them release something with the bootstrap for the CPU bringup being FOSS and hopefully but not neccessary the removal of JTAG. They could use DDR2 if they wanted FOSS code for the bringup. They could remove the Gigabit ethernet controller and let us use our own via GPIO FOSS ethernet modems. The OTP chips are no big deal as they can just be isolated. The PLL needs to be FOSS, they have no excuse for the loop cycle not being FOSS other then its probably apart of the boot ROM. And I have no idea what cells and pads are for this chip as I am too lazy to study it.

WTF? This is a shitty state of affairs. Intel's already being attacked by the Russians and they're making more progress than they're letting on.

When it isn't the Jews we'll all be as shocked as possible, trust us, we'll let you know.

Kike.

Attached: leftypol.png (692x466, 54.24K)

Ok, you appear to be more knowledgeable about this than me, so what's to stop you taking their work as a base and working on these things yourself? I still don't get what there is to criticize them for, when they've released their own work. This is considerable progress in the direction of a fully open system.

b96b60e37c8e7714c6d561ad567a9f899c7848a5

While you won't find le happy merchant in every thread, it's Zig Forums that at this point consists of Zionists pretending to hate jews while supporting American foreign policies that favour the creation of Greater Israel.

(sage for off-topic)

Attached: pols.jpg (302x308, 52.14K)

Nothing except I am lazy and too poor to purchase one to reverse engineer the bootrom via jtag for R/W testing, osciliscope for finding memory adresses, and time for mapping it all. It isn't exactly difficult to remove the gigabit ethernet controller, just desolder it. The DDR2 thing I couldn't do shit about short of desoldering the DDR3 ports and attaching DDR2 ports and then in the proccess of writing the bootrom to make firmware to communicate with the previous adress of the DDR3 ports. But that's alot of work for literally nothing but a slow risc-V board with a jtag attached which is shit for security.

I'm more hopeful for the EOMA68 than Purism at this point. I kinda get the feeling Purism is just showboating for popularity still.

lowrisc are trying to make a fully open chip. They currently support 100MB ethernet.

This. I was more or less interesting in the group since they appeared to be all about security and protection while trying to make more modern systems, but it seems more and more like they're just a shady outfit trying to ride the security wave to get rich, while producing subpar equipment that isn't what they marketed it as. I recall at one point they had all the info on their phone hardware-wise, but now it's just bullet points stating "it's super great" and all the radio bands are a mystery, despite being so far into their crowd funding. I'm not putting money into something that's just gonna be a wifi telephony device. If verizon doesn't support it, I won't have it.

Doesn't it seem probable that CIA and NSA glow darks would infiltrate an operation like Purism?

Incredibly so is it likely. That's why when you do sensitive research you do it for free, you do it anonymously, you do it on the most secure hardware possible i.e not windows 10, and you release the full research all at once so that everything is in the open on multiple websites yourself and don't trust middlemen like reporters. Purism immidiatelly failed when they weren't anonymous and their devs could be (((losing confidence in the product))) or commit (((suicide))) by two gunshots to the back of the head.

Pure cohencidence.

I wonder how many security researchers have already been killed by the US government? Is this why those Russians working on Intel ME don't ever travel out of the country together? Somebody always stays behind in Russia.

So the Libreboot tranny hasn't updated its code in eons, Purism's apparently now finished, is there any actual progress on defeating ME?

thanks doc

nu/pol/ overran Zig Forums and turned it into cancer. Zig Forums died a long time ago.

I thought this was a thread about pure nudism getting a letter from intel

That would be interesting

dilemma

The only reason they got the funds was that a few, or one, donator made giant donations at the last minute to get the requested funding. Don't feel as if it all falls on you, there are many people who want it who are willing to work through the early pains(that's why they put money forward in the first place).

Welcome to the world of marketing user, they have to shill.
I like the EOMA68 as well but where is it? The crowdsupply campaign got funded nearly 2 years ago, last update we had shows he still has issues sourcing DRAM and is shifting focus to some imaginary RISC-V device.
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/ddr3-ram-and-a-libre-risc-v-soc

Purism did some downright dishonest stuff initially but right now they have 2 products that get yearly refreshes, at this rate they're going to have the 5, 11, 13 & 15 in production before EOMA68 even exists.

Who's even surprised here?

(((Intel))) has a clear history of Divide & Counquer policies. If someone even tries to reverse engineer their botnet, they WILL strike back.

I honestly can't see why anyone's surprised.

Buy it. Worst case scenario you'll encounter software issues for the first month or two.