Online friendships in 2018

Back before all the botnet shit it used to be pretty easy to make friends online with people sharing interests with you. You would join a forum (dead) or play on a game server for a while (dead) and make friends with people around you. These days everything is a Jewish data collecting network (Reddit, Voat, Facebook, twatter) and gaming is all single serving MOBAs with no community.

So how do you go about meeting people who share your interests online now? Can't exactly do it on an anonymous image board.

Attached: 6926c5f1353747f710d41512f56fc2a677f443fdfcc5d4169697a4a5def0bac5.jpg (1440x1368, 139.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lainchan.org/res/4082.html).
lainchan.org/hum/res/2762.html)
8ch.net/hikki/res/4347.html)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

embrace the solitude

Attached: efb76735ead40598b2ff34cc4798bd905bb588767c591071e4f33ffd5c64e4fa.png (1043x1167, 119.12K)

I haven't done that in about a decade. No one is interested in being friends with someone online now that all the normalfags have flooded in. You either join the normalfags on the botnet networks and conform to the hivemind (become an SJW) or you go full user. Anyone with a brain chose the latter.

seems to be the way but it's nice to have a friend or two to exchange things with. Cool games you found, hobby progress type stuff.

I miss the old ways but they're gone. The last place I can recall begin able to make friends with random people were game servers and the pay-for-play networks like Xbox Live. But around 2009-2010 private servers were done away with in favor of match making and on Xbox Live the party chat feature was introduced. No one continued to use public channels for chat. Same thing has happened on PC with all the normalfags going over to Discord. It has become impossible to make a connection with someone one-to-one because now you have to join their faggy chat rooms with all their real life/long time internet friends and if the hivemind deems you unworthy you're kicked out just as quickly as you joined.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-11 21-10-16.png (483x1013, 604.32K)

It's a shame Anons don't have a way to contact each other. I suppose in many ways while image boards helped us grow into the people we are they also stunted our ability to be social. We might have those groups other wise but now we don't.

There is the /vg/ game nights but they're full of faggots.

Why even bother? If you have nothing of value to say don't let a third rate college student and a slanty eyed gook say something in your place.

To trigger (((you))).

Those days are dead and gone and the eulogy was delivered by social media.

You don't trigger any one, you just drag the quality of the board down. You're one of the reasons the /vg/ game nights don't work. No one wants to hang out with anime girl posters so they all turn up to the game night which prevents any good company happening. They just leave to avoid you.

Speaking of dragging board quality down, those $10 you paid certainly aren't doing your posts any good.

Attached: 0b5.png (503x670, 133.46K)

It feels like the net has become a more hostile place too. It used to be if someone disagreed with you the worst that could happen was they call you a faggot, maybe start an autistic flamewar the rest of the community would laugh at. Now not having the correct oppinions causes a butthurt swarm of normies to strawman you into literally hitler and try to get you banned.

If you're this upset over anime posters, you're gonna have a rough time here.

I agree. Do you guys remember the glory of 4/jp/ in the 2000s? It was just pure fun - now everyone has a stick up their ass.

It's due to SJWs. Autists will rant at you and be done with it, SJWs embark on a crusade because god-forbid someone doesn't think exactly the same they do, just look at the whole glibc censorship shit, they're siding with a troll (airmail.cc email) instead of rms on the off-chance they might offend someone. Goes to show if you have a kid you have to tell that fucker 'no' sometimes even if for no other reason just so the little fucker learns things don't always go his way and that's ok.

Try doxed and humiliated, fired, or expelled.

Sometimes I am sincerely sad, I am sure there are some same people who I've been posting with for years across various boards, but despite so much shared and rare connections felt, I will never meet any of them.

I strongly doubt that your average imageboard user is any less likely than a Reddit/Facebook/Twitter user to doxx someone. Not that it matters, because in reality people doxx themselves. And there has always been at least one fucker with nothing better to do than either to post it online in an attempt to scare them, or to tip it off to their employer (or anyone else able fuck them over) for shits and giggles.

What has changed is that internet forums have all but either died or disappeared, with everyone migrating to social media. This means that the a person's posting history which was previously scattered among the half a dozen forums they would have used in the mid 2000s is now available for everyone to see, unless they make the conscious effort to compartmentalize it under different usernames. Plus, these platforms all try to incentivize users to share as many crap as possible for upboats or their equivalents and to prioritize "real" accounts over "fake" ones. The result is that your average internet user now lives in one giant glass house because of social media. But it still takes only one rock to bring it down. The only thing that protects the vast majority of users from being doxxed, smeared or just being generally shat on is their own obscurity. Nobody cares. For everyone else, there's either paranoia or becoming a lolcow.

There are various ways but you'll get accused of data mining and assuming you do join the IRC channel or whatever it is things just devolve into namefaggotry. Also, most anons aren't worth your time honestly.
I don't think they make us less social, I think they make us more aware of what a joke the world we live in is. You go from laughing at normalfags to despising the way they act because they're so willing to go along with the herd. I feel like people attracted to imageboards are less social anyway but for the first time in history we have a means of communicating with each other aside from shitposting on bathroom walls. You become aware of how being social can come back to bite you in the ass after you've watched 100s if not 1,000s of people have embarrassing shit put on display for the world to see. I know I stay the hell away from social networks because /cow/ taught me how awful putting my face out there can be for me if I catch the attention of the world anons.
All user meet-ups are going to be full of faggots seeking attention. Anyone with a brain stays away from them.

Also see pic related.

Agreed. The internet is never going back to the wild west days. September is eternal and anything we create to escape it will just be flooded by normalfags in short order if it's worth using. They invade out places to be edgy and to feel like they're part of something but they just end up ruining the place. Look at Zig Forums, in just a few short years it went from a place where young adults discussed politics to a place where boomers hang out. We've always had a minority of oldfags but when they start posting openly about finding Zig Forums via facebook you know you've got a problem. This is why user can not run effective OPs anymore.

It's dox, faggot.

Attached: 03d42fa65a439c8827ea32fad706cd719b6b3cb818dea2d0d9c115cc6a232dfd.png (500x500, 217.31K)

Does Zig Forums have an IRC?

Forum administrators pass around a list of bad IP ranges and domains user. They block a lot of things other than tor, just the list of domains they block (e-mail blocking) is a mile long. Everyone brings up Neogaf but a lot of forums have the same policy they just don't talk about it and accept things like hotmail/gmail because they're chasing adshekels.

I believe there is one on rizon but no idea about the people that idle in it. Rizon is where most of the 8ch channels are located unless things have drastically changed in the past year or so.

oh really?
maybe most of them just don't want to?

I also had the same problem as you OP. My story may sound strange, but I believe it might help some people here to understand. I was content with being alone my whole life, but one day I got depressed hard because I hadn't a single friend to share my experiences with, I was bad at socializing and I really wanted someone I could have comfy talks with. So, I thought about on how to approach this. I've attached pictures of the threads, in case they get deleted, I've cropped the Wizchan one because it's too long.

OK, let me tell you first about how I've started. I think the first attempt I've made was a Tox thread on Lainchan (lainchan.org/res/4082.html). I originally didn't state that I've searched for friends, I've just made a nice Tox thread with my Tox ID and waited and many people contacted me. But, I think most were just too different from me, some were normal and it was OK, but I also fucked one up because I was bad at socializing and very immature, I'm still sad about it. Then I've learned that people might not feel the same way about friendships as I do, so I've made a thread (lainchan.org/hum/res/2762.html) that described what I wanted at the time, many people contacted me again. One person was particularly interesting, he was quite unique and I thought at the time that he would be the perfect friend I've waited for, but with time he wanted to talk less, I mean he had his own tulpa, so he was quite busy talking and doing things with her (I just wanted to mention it, the point isn't here if tulpas are hallucinations or not, if the other person is happy why does it matter). One day the friendship broke because I did something stupid, well I try to be honest, so one day he wrote a program and I've told him that it was badly written because of reasons I've explained to him, sadly he got angry at me and stopped talking to me. I always preferred honest people over people that just try to be nice, it's a lot better to say "I think that part is shit because of reasons" than to say nothing at all, well it depends on the situation, but honesty is much better in a friendship than just trying to be nice.

Anyways, I've made a thread a Wizchan after that, again many people contacted me. Now I think that was the point I've found people which I still talk to this day (two people). They're vastly different in personality, so why was this thread more successful than the other one you might think. I think it might be because I had a vastly different mindset how to approach this, it was differently written than the other one and some people got also interested, well I fucked one part up again, because I wanted people who are also interested in free software, it was really dumb of me and I still feel bad about it, but these two people I'd say have both a nice personality, they couldn't be different, well they tell me often that I'm a normie and it might be true, but still I'm nice to them even if they're robots (as they call themselves) that. One factor I didn't mention in the Wizchan thread was that people were much older on the imageboard than on Lainchan, so I got people with different personalities. Still, I wasn't quite satisfied about them, well I talked with both of them for 3 months then I've learned that they were a bit different in what they think what a friendship should be, still I really value them and talk with them whenever they're online.

After that I've made again a thread this time on 8/hikki (8ch.net/hikki/res/4347.html) and I honestly didn't expect much from it, it was just that I one day got quite depressed, so I've just made a thread and talked about it, again my intention was too maybe feel someone which was like me, well I almost forgotten about the thread and after a while I've made again a post, too my astonishment I've found a person that was really like me, he's really similar like me and his post didn't sound that similar, but I just took every chance I got to find real friends, and talked with him and I think it developed from there, I often wonder how similar we are.

Well, I hope my post might help someone to understand that it might be a huge effort to find real friends. Please don't get discouraged, you might find someone when you search long enough, it's really the most important point. Many people would give up after 10-15 attempts, but please do it until you find someone, there might be still nice and interesting people out there. Even on Zig Forums which the quality has suffered drastically you still can find some posters to know what they're talking about.

Attached: wizfriends3.png (1327x14357 1.97 MB, 1.58M)

interesting post tbh

The only couple of online contacts I eventually developed a friendship with I found through slow paced imageboards that didn't frown on occasional mail contact threads, just like

It seems to me these flavor-of-the-month memegames won't ever build comfy communities the same way older games such as quake used to. Everything is geared for a quick match with your close circle of friends in some predefined kosher server. And like other anons have already said outside of that most of these communities nowadays end up relying on discord rooms and such which always end up becoming normalfag cliques.

Attached: 1499021941001.jpg (689x720, 181.53K)

Now, imagine someone like you, but with standards. It simply doesn't work these days.

Could you explain what do you mean "with standards"? Are you saying that I don't have standards? Well, I'm always open for trying with people and it might work out, but I have my own ideas on what a perfect friendship should be.

I don't want to sound like a normie, but if you try long enough and in the right places you might find somebody that is like you wanted it to be, but you're right I feel like it just doesn't work for most people, it's honestly hard to understand for me why it's like that.

The timeless rot of society, in ten words

Attached: 678b5991f379fc36ef6438c4ee13f78103f65315819988498d8577e3654a1be5.jpg (750x587, 162.53K)

Your problem is that you're looking for someone like you instead of someone with which you can have meaningful interaction. That's why the old wizardchan died, that's why lainchan went to shit, that's why imageboards die. They are filled with modern narcisists who love the their identity and want to see their indentity in others , are ready to talk but never to actually listen.

I suggest you stay away from online friendships. The writing form doesn't transfer enough informatioin required for the base of human contact, there's also a smaller chance to get ghosted and a higher chance individuals will like you based on small unconsciouly observed patterns of behavior.

Just pick up an autistic hobby and search for a community.
For example I chose a local yugioh group and a AI discussion group.
Ordered some xan online so I don't have a anxiety attack in the first few meetings and now I'm basically part of those groups and people actually like me even though I have no social media, no phone and only use a wierd ass email.

I don't have any online friends. I only browse imageboards.

If you unironically associate with someone in this "tulpa" business, you certainly have no standards.

People are reading Discourses of Epictetus.

Attached: 915dg1JwnUL.jpg (1463x2244, 595.88K)

samefag, I meant higher chance to get ghosted and smaller chance after that

Nothing to do with this weeks game night. It's people like you at every game night.

Remember when image boards didn't just have people spamming anime girl pictures and going "LOL I TROLL U?" I do. Because I'm not a faggot who turned up a year ago and thinks they know everything while acting like pure cancer.

This week on /cow/ a guy turns up and starts name fagging, building an identity and going "how does I fit in guys?" and no one told him to STFU and lurk moar. They encouraged him to keep doing exactly what he was doing. Image boards are fucking dead because of this shit.

It's funny that you say that. I've been realizing that I kept meeting the same person over and over again after I talked to him on some IRC channel about the different game servers, streams threads and some other events we used to visit. We just never used the same name to realize we kept coming across each other over and over again for years.

There's still some forums that are online. Just not that many, but you should be able to find one regarding your interests, assuming those interests are autistic enough.
Same goes for IRC channels.
Both of those are actually pretty good because they're utterly devoid of normalfags that go "but why not FB/Reddit/Discord XDD" and fuck off.

You're in the wrong neighborhood bucko.

The trick is to use means of communication that aren't easily accessible to your average normalfag.
If we made a BBS, I bet you they wouldn't even know how to access it. I play MUDs, you can't find a single normalfag there because it requires a minuscule amount of intelligence and initiative to actually access them.
There used to be (before the FBI raids killed half the servers and the Silk Road brought normalfags) some great forums on the onionweb too.

I think you have a point there.
Things don't always come naturally. Even if you are in contact with someone for a long time it doesn't mean you're gonna become friends, even if there's the potential to. I've met countless people online I only had a shallow connection with. For years the few people that are the closest now have been no different than most people, but the difference was that at some point I've actively tried to get to know them better.

Isn't that what /cow/ is all about: milking lolcows?

I like you anons.

Anime does not equal posting anime reaction images. You spergs can't tell the difference apparently.

Wasn't a cow, it was someone saying they knew the cow and linking to their twitter account

Maybe I've said it wrongly. At the start I didn't know that he had a tulpa, it only became apparent later on. Would you just have dropped him in my situation? I'd consider that mean, so I've tried to make the best out of the situation and continued to talk with him. I think you might be on something, there are people which I would dislike like drug addicts or people that actively try to bully other people or sabotage projects, e.g. SJWs.

I'm already doing that. I'm deeply interested in programming, so that's what I'm doing most of the time.

Nice, I like you too.

No, and I've been floating around from chan to chan since 2005. Do you even remember the desu spam?

I met a few bros through Eve Online which I tend to play less and less these days. The thing is it's hard to maintain friendships out in the real world because i'm a homebody and going out to clubs gets boring fast.

I wouldn't even have gotten to know him because your tactics are alien to me; I don't actively seek out friends since I don't believe they're necessary for daily survival

They're not, still it's nice to have someone you can talk about everything with and one that truly likes you. At the end you're free to do what you really want to.

#Zig Forums on Rizon, but it's more than dead nowadays.

God damn I fucked up:
it's more dead than alive nowadays

Fuck online friendships. I never had any friends growing up despite playing the same video games and shit everybody else does. Then I got a job and started getting dragged into play video games with co-workers and realized why. It's because ALL OF YOU NIGGERS ONLY DO THINGS BETWEEN 11:00PM AND 3:00AM. "Internet people" can piss off I sleep 8 hours a night.

Silly surface dweller, sleep is for when the great fire chariot in the sky burns your skin and blinds your eyes.

If the animeposters are driving you away from game nights, they're doing the board a service.

Loli has always been our greatest protector, the most stalwart defense against normalfags.

Attached: 6oayuwlk35qy.jpg (480x569, 44.03K)

Desu and Waha were the first cuckchan memes. Before that people didn't spam that shit.

Why would you want to hang around Chris-chan tier spergs? I like anime but I don't spam it every where. I talk about it where it belongs and in private. Acting like a furry isn't a positive behaviour man. The reason why they were hated as they couldn't keep their shit to themselves. Now furries aren't doing that any more and pedophiles are instead.

Because anime isn't inherently degenerate, whereas furry is I mean, it's just a fetish with some autist larping around it. And because almost everyone here likes anime.

My only issue with forums now a days is the fact that no ones runs them for the simple joy of it anymore. Too often the admin is concerned is ad money or selling the user database off to someone else once the forum reaches peak growth. By the time I settle into a new one it seems like it's getting sold off. Another issue with forums is the cliques that form on them where if you aren't in the club you're quickly banned for going against it. I've seen plenty of forums die because the mods wouldn't do anything about furry cliques or similar forms of cancer that would chase away all the other users in the span of a few months.

Forums have become infected with the same thing the Zig Forums community as a whole has had to deal with. Mainly retarded CoCs and thought police. Add that on top of the typical stuff that goes on with forums (power hungry moderators) and it just becomes unbearable to use them.

I don't know what's happened to IRC over the years but it doesn't seem the same anymore. Even on popular channels it's hard to find anyone that just wants to chat. I've only used it for warez in the last few years because I simply can't find any discussion aside from people spamming stale memes. It's like all the intelligent people are hiding in private channels or something.

I get this but that creates another problem of only finding spergs and wizards. I'm fine with discussing things with those people but it seems like everyone has gone entirely in one direction or the other. Everyone is suffering from their own form of crazy and there aren't any people in the middle anymore. Used to be you could find lots of folks that rejected society but hadn't gone full wizard/sperg. You could find people that watched anime without begin total weebs. You could find people to play games with there weren't total faggots. These days all the groups have gone so deep into their hugboxes that no one ever pokes their head up to see how far from the center they've strayed. No one wants to compromise or even attempt to get along with each other anymore.

Reaction images are fun and weren't much of a problem until all the raids came in from who-knows where using them as troll bait. Ignore them if you don't like them. They're only so effective because people give it attention and it obviously makes some people mad. Embrace the smug.

Furry and anime are not even comparable. I don't even watch anime anymore but I still enjoy seeing it posted on imageboards because that's how I found these things originally. I question anyone that says it doesn't belong here because they're obviously new and don't remember the early days of the internet when the shit was everywhere. Even before image boards people were using their favorite characters as avatars on the early forums once that became a feature in the software around 1998. If it triggers you that much turn off images or something.

Attached: 22b1bd812c4ca58cd04295b4c6b1d9944b878382fceb6763214b095126f4738f.gif (500x281, 2.65M)

it fucking hurts being alone all the time.

I haven't been able to make a new friend in over a year. I try to shitpost in various IRCs, discords and get to know people but nothing ever really happens like how it used to when I was younger.

Attached: 1515452202046.jpg (574x430, 35.03K)

Last forum I was still posting on changed their software to be full Web 2.0 compliant. So now I'm done with all that. Anyway it was gradually getting invaded by people who want to change things and modernize. It was only a matter of time.

Attached: Zz.jpg (1280x720, 68.23K)

What about me or us who joined late, user?
I'm regularly lurking chans for about 4 years and change. And wherever I go I hear how 'this' place has gone downhill and how the Internet was goddamn glorious in those early days. Though the same complaining guys never leave, but stays and complain more. I was probably 7 yr. old in 2000...is it too late for us, user?

I've left all my college buddies and friends because they use fb, twitter, insta and I don't have one. No one knows about chans and formus. I once tried to talk with my close buddy, but he simply didn't give a flying fuck about muh botnet, formus, etc. Now my parents thinks I'm some kind of creep and loner who wants to sit around computer whole day. It's been 3 years that I've talked to any of my friends. I get call from my brother and from my parents only. Sometimes it feels so good that I don't have to go through all these mundane social pressures like buying latest smartphone just to look cool, agree with peers just to get accepted, invest money and time in girls...ffs, And sometimes it feels right in my bones that no one gives a fuck about me except my parents, but at the end I console myself, "it is what it is".

diaspora

One word: COMFY. Hell yeah, nobody gave a damn about nuthin! No politics everywhere constantly, no feminists and SJWs, no censorship, no botnet, no bullshit. You could even browse most sites with Lynx from an old beat-up 80286 computer with EGA video card. No joke, that's what one of my roommates had, and it was plenty enough to dial into a Unix shell account, do email, browse web/gopher/ftp, read newsgroups, use irc, telnet somewhere, and so on. I had a 486 that dual booted DOS and Slackware. Shit was cash.
But it's all gone now, too many bad things happened. It's all corrupted, even down to the deepest hardware levels.

Attached: comfy cat.jpg (900x600, 83.44K)

I just kind of deal with it. I haven't had an earnest interest in a while so I am extremely boring to talk to and I understand. I almost had a friendship recently but I fucked it up by saying the wrong thing. I don't really feel bad though because if they were willing to drop me after saying one wrong thing we weren't really friends at all.

That's another thing, if you can't maintain a friendship over one or two bad patches it's not a friendship is it? Most people want to be friends with others but don't want to exert effort, ever. I can't stand that personally so many people just piss me off almost immediately which doesn't help.

Chans were different and nice for their time but it's over. There isn't any uniqueness left. All the communities are fractured because being anonymous is evil these days and I think, whether intentional or otherwise, people want to destroy any community based around it. I remember the days of Zig Forums before it shit it's pants. It's intense communal feeling. It was a magical time that I'd give anything to be a part of again. It's not happening.

I keep searching and that's all you can do. If I meet another anonymous group that I resonate with I will have friends again; if not too bad. I try not to think about it too much honestly and I suggest the same of everyone in this thread.

cuckchan in 2006 was better than any chan now

I'll be your friend. Same goes to everyone in this thread. I created IRC channel on rizon #/neet/

People don't leave because there isn't a better option. That's what we're discussing here in part. Imageboards are now terrible but we don't have anything to replace them. No one makes anonymous websites any more.

Furry and pedobait/slice of life are comparable. Using a cowboy bebop avatar is quite different to spamming smug anime girl shit every where. Which is all that happens. It's not even cool manly animes about giant robots. It's little girls and pedo bait which makes you feel like you're talking to some sweaty grease covered autist. It creates an identity of "worlds biggest loser" and that ruins the feel of an anonymous board. Afterall no one wants to anonymously talk to Chris-chan

I think you might be a normie mate

I used to think exactly like this. Maybe one day you'll understand that there's a difference between bullshit like Precure and Yotsuba. When you truly realize how fucked the world around you is, watching K-ON can make you smile for few minutes, and that's invaluable.
Imageboards are autism HQs, retard. All of what you said makes you look like dangerously close to a retarded reddit drone who just want to "look adult"; I hope it's just impressions.

It's almost like you're part of the fourth or beyond wave of cancer who thinks they're an oldfag because they watch pedo bait.

Why smile for a few minutes when you can be forever peaceful?

Attached: 07f4c6d4e633dd6a327bbc5111dcbb3b0c6bf5fbd9b9a4a05a22944ced3b6e4b.png (767x188 620.59 KB, 28.54K)

You need to find a game where teamwork is key.
Stuff like ArmA units are absolutely perfect for this. I used to play on a public milsim serb a couple years ago, and pretty quickly got noticed by one of the admins as someone who actually knows their shit.
So he invited me to play on their closed serb, and I stuck around for some time. Nice buch. Sadly they dissolved as the head admin had a car accident and his wife didn't have the master password for the serb and website.
There are other groups around. They rely heavily on teamwork, because it's a motherfucking mil-sim. You just got to find the right group with the correct amount of retard-fun vs. serious-autism.

This seems interesting. I am not really a Zig Forums guy at all, I just lurk here sometimes when something interesting shows up.
I would be quite interested in a proper E-mail contacts thread. I always liked the idea of anonymous penfriendship. Some random person on the other end of the world, or just accross the street, whom you can pour your heart out to, and listen to their issues, amd give advice to and support each other.
The more I talk about it the gayer it sounds, so I will probably shut up about it.

I would like to agree with you.
I don't even want to browse my favorite boards anymore because there seems to be such an extremely set in stone opinion. Anyone on Zig Forums who dislikes Napalm for the damage it causes is a wuss, anyone on /v/ who doesn't play DF because the UI is't nice or who can enjoy games for the story is a failed games journalist.
Yet I fear that other places with the polar opposite opinions would consider me a contrarian too, just because I consider war to be a neccesaary evil sometimes, and think that if a game doesn't run well it's not worth my money.
You can see the same in politics, even outside the US. If you are against gay marriage but pro weed you are fresh out of luck.
Even sports are infected with this, though to a lesser degree. Those who enjoy womens football and those who dispise it. Say that you like it, but not as much as men's football and you will stand alone.
Zig Forums is a prime example for a place that is so vehemently hostile to new opinions that it is pushing itself into a corner of radicalism. Remember when there were actual shitpostsing discussions traps? Now Zig Forums wishes to gas then like the rest. Even though the "A group that gets it's laughs from pretending to be retarded" quote isn't actually from Descartes, it still holds true.
I wish humans weren't so hostile. And I am writing this on fucking h8chan.

Watching anime isn't a sin. You can love jesus and still love your waifu. One is platonic love for an ideal form and ideals, the other is the love for Christ.

I'm gonna head over there tomorrow.

Zig Forums has no choice but to radicalise, in fact that's it's only hope of winning. You can have 10,000 guys who hate the system but they're never going to change shit. 100 extreme guys willing to act can make a huge difference. Without becoming radical it's just a silly blogging service which goes no where. And none of the Zig Forumss are actually radical at this point. The radical people left or got driven off by pro-system (i.e. Trump) admins and retards.

What a faggot.

What is there to dislike? It's like watching a men's youth team. Not as skilled players, but it's football all right. You don't need to watch F1 super high performance all the time just because you like racing. Watching ITC or even dog races is fun too.
I understand your point about Zig Forums, but why does it even have to achieve anything? Why does Zig Forums need a goal to work towards?

Posting on anonymous imageboards has become user's replacement for friends and socializing.
Here, you get recommended games, tech, share ideas on common interests inbetween boards.
All without the "negatives": needlessly meeting up, doing various activities together during tight life schedules when we can just play some games and forget it all afterwards, etc etc

Why watch something inferior when you have access to as much good stuff as you want?

Zig Forums has to have a goal to work towards by nature of the place. It's like asking why /agdg/ needs to work towards anything.

Why has no one made an irc channel where you get your nicked changed to a readable generated letter string at random everytime you join ?
This would be perfect for imageboards since it stops people from developing their irc ego and discouraging others from participating in the conversation.

Am I missing something ?

Actual Christians don't despair at the state of the world because they know there's life, and judgment, after death. You don't seem like the real deal to me.

baby pls

Hey guys, it's Dave. Hows things?

Big league men's soccer is called divegrass for a reason, it's about as scripted as pro wrestling but not nearly as funny

Heresy, duh

It's not like I said I prefer those things. I just don't mind them.
I still don't quite understand why pol needa a goal. agdg is a bunch of guys working on their own stuff. I always thought pol was some discussion board, and not a right wing personal army.

Watching anime doesn't mean that you deapair at the world. It's just a thing to watch and enjoy. Like looking at flowers.
One was made by god, the other by humans. You can appreciate both.

lmaoed

Why would a group of autists who figured out a problem and how to solve it just sit there and ignore it? A problem that endangers their lives no less.

Ah, so it comes down to the old question of "is Zig Forums right?".
I will leave this one open. I have simply given up on politics. Call me a defeatist, but I just don't care anylonger. Whoever is in power will do all they can to stay there, even if it hurts those they rule over.

Most new platforms are targeted towards teens while most of the old hangouts like forums ended up abandoned by people who eventually abandoned the internet or went to their pursuit.
It's just that single people like you who are around 21-39 are experiencing the curse of the generation gap. Most teens are using chat apps and if you don't know what 'baby shark' is then you nailed the coffin.
Most of the 'old' website these days are just too tiring to use.
To use several forums, you need to register a lot and thanks to botnet you'd likely be wary about what you post/IP and which cookies you have (so you end up deleting your cookie login sessions) plus these forums are filled with furry-tier weirdos.
The only platform that prevailed would be those that allow general discussion like facebook or reddit (as the op states but yeah, they're fucking botnet).

Sign up a jewtube account and use anime pic or play mobage with anime themes like panzer waltz or gun girls z.
Pretty much like pic related, I would say.

Attached: Ironic youtube anime fan.jpg (1927x2720, 1.76M)

The worst part of it all is the quantization of man. Before you had big data collecting, people talked to each other, in a raw, unprocessed manner. Nowadays everything is a quantized "like" and it's all shit.
I had more thoughts on the matter but I'm shit at expressing my opinions and I already talked to a friend about them. I dislike repeating myself. So just follow the logical conclusions and make as if I had said that.

there is. sageru.

Well said, it's partly the generation gap but part of it is the botnet. There are people willing to use the botnet and people like us. The problem is to avoid the botnet you must shed your identity. We don't have anything that allows you to namefag that isn't also compromised in some way. I've started avoiding signing up for anything due to the botnet.

Do most youngfags just not take piracy seriously? Were the current batch of kids ever taught not to use their real name online like we all were? It seems like the kids now don't even get a chance to learn what personal privacy is and aren't taught what is and is not acceptable to do in a public space.

By that last part I mostly mean that you don't want stupid behavior to follow you all of your life. I'm thankful cell phones were not around for most of my childhood because there were plenty of times where I got my ass kicked in an embarrassing fashion or did something illegal. I can't imagine how bad it'd be to apply for a job and have stuff I posted on social media from when I was 8 begin brought up. I really feel for them.

I don't think I am unusual or paranoid for feeling this way towards how the world is now. I think people like me and a lot of folks on Zig Forums just aren't meant for this type of life and we'll be slowly bred out of the greater population until everyone is willing to follow the rest of the herd no questions asked. There isn't anything left to conquer or discover that doesn't require a lot of group effort and money. You can't even have homestead programs anymore because the land is all claimed. The world is just going to get more and more interconnected until there is no place to hide anymore.

I've joined the IRC channel now, let's see what happens!

Sure, well if you want to try it with me, you probably know my email already, if not it's [email protected] I think it might be really fun, so I hope you send me an email and I think it isn't gay at all, I enjoy conversations over emails.

lainchan.org is preety good imo

Facebook completely destroyed a decades worth of good advice on getting things private. These days career criminals don't scope out houses any more they just watch idiots blogging about going on holiday soon and then hit the house when they see holiday photos.

Humanity has always been this way because 100 leaders is worse than 1 leader and 99 followers.

You could try /cuteboys/

I like it. It's a little slow for my taste, but I love how not every discussion immediately revolves around politics.
It's a shame that it begins to revolve around depression so quickly.

Last time I checked it had a reputation of being a SJW shit hole.

Everything revolves around politics. Even basic moderation of a forum is political because you're deciding what is and isn't acceptable discussion topics. If I can't say niggers are bad at IT but I love chinks then there is a political stance being taken on the website against racism. You can claim "it's just common sense" or "It's trying to make people feel welcome" but it's still a political stance being enforced.

You have an e-mail.

I made a few friends in reddit with the new reddit chat

What are they like?

They were nice. Honestly a chat kind of feature linked to your account is helpful to form longer-term relationships. You couldn't do that on the old reddit or the chans. That's why I think so many people have embraced discord, etc.

Truth right there. In the end, life boils down to some very simple things.
1 Become self aware
2 Find your mission and
3 Act on it.

Normalfags already fail at step one. They pretend to be social and pretend that they do the hottest shit. But in reality they are fleeing from the Now. Their whole lifes consist of the ever-lasting battle of escaping the present moment. Because facing it would request them to truly consider their lifes, choices and beliefs. By letting go of the whole artificially constructed belief system and carfully shifting your awareness to the present moment you can begin to trancend this Truman Show of a reality.

This is now also a gondola thread.

Attached: GondolaWarrior.webm (2290x1014 5.85 MB, 337.46K)