Headphone modding to combat wind noise amplification by ANC

I have some headphones with ANC and they have a flaw: if ANC is enabled, and if there's some wind (it doesn't even have to be strong), the ANC ends up amplifying wind noise, because it hits the microphones disproportionally hard. (this is very loud and nasty) This effect is neutered by wearing a hood on top of the headphones, but this is not practical during hot summers because it's fucking hot.
So I think I may try to glue some shit on top of them, but it needs to only stop wind but let other sounds pass normally, in order to let ANC work as intended. Do you have any good advice for that?
Also how do I identify the microphones locations? Are they under both arrows on the photos?
Did any of you do similar shit or not?
This particular model is Sennheiser PXC 480.

Attached: 2.jpg (2313x2637 717.37 KB, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_pad
cat-ears.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stuff it with some cotton ball.
Don't pack it, just put a bit in.

do you mean this shit? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_pad
(sorry, English is not my native language)

Just turn off the noise cancellation. That's unnecessary for even low volumes.

He said get some cotton (you know, regular cotton), then put it in there. Do not squeeze it in.

Nah it's a very good shit when it works as intended.

Which one is regular?

Your preferred cotton brand. You're over-thinking this.

I think you fell for a marketing gimmick bud.

Just found this shit
cat-ears.com/
probably gluing something similar on them could work

I'd glue a tiny patch of fur on top of it. The kind you can buy for microphones. You could experiment with the fur length and cut some off with scissors. That's the only solution that's really working for wind noise.

Stuffing did not really work (the sound is also blocked, thereby breaking ANC).
Then I tried to do (pic related) and it seems to cancel noises okay. I'm going to test it for some real wind outdoors soon.

Yeah it seems if my poor hack fails, this is the only reasonable thing to try next.

Attached: 3.jpg (1469x1328, 309.02K)

Your thread is proof that ANC is shit and only shit people use it.
When you go outside there is noise: deal with it.

ANC is great if your flying a plane or helicopter or something.
wearing something like this out in public is asking for a nigger to rip it off your head.

ANC is a meme, if you don't want to listen to anybody else shove silicone dildos in your ears. It works by literally not letting outside noise get past in the first place because it's sealed.

Attached: pstam_etymotic_hf3_closeup_open.jpg (620x342, 149.06K)

I will kick his ass, not a problem.

I like the sound quality of big membranes.
Also these small dildos fall out of my ears all the time.

They work under some conditions. There's no reason to stop trying to make them work better.

how about returning that expensive piece of crap that dont work ?

I presume they all have a similar problem?
I haven't seen any headphones coming with fur covers. And then I will need to find a replacement and it sucks.

How? Are you certain you put them in correctly? If you fit them correctly, no air is going to pass through the seal, it's not going to fall out under normal circumstances.

It must be a design flaw for sure

Yes but if my teeth move (speaking, yawning, etc.), they slide away.

So I tested this shit outdoors, and it improves things a little bit, but it seems I need to cover them completely.
And anyway in hot weather simply wearing them at all sucks donkey balls.
Perhaps I need to train myself to not let earbuds fall out from ears.

Attached: butthurt.png (841x692, 68.23K)

Get some of those silicone ear hooks

Attached: Promotions-2-Color-Silicone-Earphone-ear-hooks-plugs-earhook-earplug-for-In-Ear-Headphone-4pcs-lot.jpg (750x480, 46.31K)

what the hell is this?
it looks kinky

Those go into your ears so the earphones don't fall out during sports or other quick movements

Attached: 2Pairs-Eartips-Silicone-in-ear-Headset-Earbuds-Cover-with-Ear-Hook-for-Apple-Airpods-iPhone-7.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 87.12K)

The problem is that the actual in-ear part of in-ear earbuds wiggles out of the ear canal. Of the three different silicone tips that came with the buds one pair is too small and the other two are too big, so they all keep falling out because either too loose or too large. How to get them to actually fit snugly and not tend to fall out constantly? Even if they don't fall out outright, you notice that they're not snug anymore due to lost bass response, and that happens very soon after having inserted them.

That's the case only if you're lucky enough for one of the tip pairs that came with the buds to exactly fit your ear canals, otherwise they're going to become loose and eventually fall out all the time (see ), unless there's some magic tricks involved to prevent that which i'm unaware of.

The magic trick is to bite the pillow and shove it in deeper.

There are situations ANC is nessecary, but they don't involve computers. I had an anc headset for a while and ended up never using the feature.

As a private pilot, though, anc makes flying in general *much* more enjoyable. You don't have to shout over the engine, the prop, the wind, and your buddy's headset to say something, you just say it.

Not always necessary, but it's really cool to get rid of more noises.
I live in a city (unfortunately), and there are nearly always some rednecks arguing over some shit outside, plus sounds from trucks which are also loud.
The other option is to keep windows closed, this is totally unacceptable during warm seasons.

what?

It's an allusion to anal rape where you bite your pillow to stop from screaming.

I sure love that hot air and legions of insects rushing into the room

If I close them, it becomes even worse.

After all, this shit works. Seems to be good enough for most real life situations.