GNOME removes features again

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/commit/3a22ed5b8e3bbc1c59ff3069ee79755168754916

I seriously hate GNOME

Attached: lightweight-minimal-gnome-desktop-ft-1.jpg (740x400, 45.99K)

Reminder to use i3-gaps, bspwm, or dwm on X, and Sway on Wayland.

It's gnome, I'm surprised that nautilus can still show files...
Will probably be removed with the next version.

Their 2 users must be pissed off.

Attached: gnomesjwomenoutreach.jpg (3136x1668, 953.12K)

This is parody, right?

I wish, I can only hope that canonical feels retarded for using GNOME instead of literally anything else

Reminder GNU Emacs is the one true window manager.
>>>/emacs/

So? You don't have to use it.

If it depends on this, it isn't worth using.

Attached: systemd.jpg (1170x836, 307.01K)

I've been using Linux as a daily driver for 10 years now. I started with ubuntu which included pulseaudio. Of course sound never worked. I went on to Slackware which didn't use pulseaudio, of course sound worked. I went over to Gentoo without pulseaudio, of course sound worked. I went back to Slackware, but this time it had pulseaudio, of course sound didn't work.

Build Firefox without PA on Gentoo.

I personally hate how it takes 5-9% of cpu usage on my setup and the only thing it does alsa doesn't is allow you to control volume of programs individually.
Meanwhile I at most only ever have a music player and something else on the foreground that may or may not be playing audio and basically every music player ever has audio controls built in.
And alsa does it with lower audio latency and unmeasurable cpu usage.
Alsa is a straight up upgrade from pulseaudio and pulse is only ever used by tardy maintainers and projects who surrendered to Poettering's "gentle push" strategy.

Because gaps are comfy, silly!

Remind me again what’s wrong with dbus and avahi in that picture. I totally get why PulseAudio and Systemd are bad, but not the other 2.
We kinda discussed this in another thread, but we didn’t really reach a clear answer.

This is the state of modern computing.
PULSEAUDIO is completely unusable on first gen atoms.

wew, why is GNU still funding these cockheads?

Still think the biggest joke was system76, their "popOS" as a result of ubuntu leaving unity is just a side by side gnome installation with less shit working

I'm not an expert, but from the dozen articles I've read and multiple interviews, I have this vague suspicion that System76 had nothing to do with Unity and created PopOS because of Canonical's relationship with smaller vendors and how Canonical's shortcomings in assimilating System76 work into the mainline was reflected on System76's product, but they couldn't legally modify Canonical's distribution and still call it Ubuntu.

But your theory's cool, too.

I am not an expert either, but I've toyed around with the distro and there's... a bunch to be desired. Then again gnome is trash so I'm obviously a bit biased

That literally has nothing to do with System76's decision to author PopOS.

I'm honestly confused.

You are an idiot on so many levels.

And you're a shill for clevo laptops. Gratz fam.

G'nope has barely anything to do with the GNU project anymore.

That's why you should use KDE.

This meme was retarded from beginning and is increasingly retarded as time has progressed.

Install Gentoo and YOTLD too. These memes are well beyond stale, but autists never let a meme die when they get ahold of them.

How can you write " launching apps based on users choices." in the same text titled "Don't allow launching binaries or programs in general"?
Also LOL @ the idiot saying that compiling a hello world and running it from nautilus is an "artificial" scenario.

Well, it kinda is.
You're more likely to type make hello./hello instead of clicking around your file manager after compiling something

Though, as rarely as I launch applications that way, it's still retarded to remove the functionality all together.

Do you mean without PIE or do they just hate security?

No thanks, I'm not retarded.

Attached: 79546cc3ced11033d1927f7a19dcae974590451e12d1d5886111e85ae5e40efa.jpg (1280x720, 137.64K)

i need to read more on it, but compiling my own C stuff i can't launch it from thunar if it's compiled with PIE enabled. there's some difference where thunar doesn't know how to run it. I don't see why, being as I can ./foo.out either way.
Thunar/xfce seems to be going the same way as gnome when it comes to this. Maybe it's time to ditch thunar and/or xfce too.

and what about when you try to share it with others and it's gtk/qt GUI? Good luck trying to get your obscure shit into these package repositories if you even want it there. Assuming you want what you've written in one of these repositories, debian, jewbuntu, even gentoo, your going to have to go through 6 levels of kikery to get there and it's going to take years if they don't flat out ignore you.

This is designed with one goal in mind, discouraging use of anything that isn't in their official repositories. I'm suprised they haven't tried to patch the kernel or bash or something and require that the binary be fucking signed with their package manager before it'll execute. That's coming next I guarantee it.

Floating minimal window managers (like cwm) are patrician.

Attached: cwm.png (1024x768, 109.88K)

You might as well not use a Windows manager at all and just use X11 scripts to spawn windows

TWM are for mentally ill people.
The mouse is there for a reason.

Attached: 0rLWlPPtzlo0sqLMaNHTdrxXbSmtcWoEBfDadcaOHXI.jpg (431x767, 31.11K)

I've had a literal autist to me that once.
When do you ever need to "position" anything in a FWM?
In TWMs, I'm constantly managing layouts and spending actual minutes fitting with does into weird layout constraints and it still does at work.
With FWM, you just use the window where it is or you place it literally anywhere with a single unified action that takes less than half a second (mouse AND keyboard).
Plus I can't even stack and layer windows.

I think TWM users just have mental problems.

Anything else is bloat.

GNUSTEP is the way.
Name one thing 90s UI does worse or doesn't do.

Attached: shot1.png (1024x768, 236.81K)

Either use applications which play nicely with being resized, or just don't put 5 million windows on the same screen. You are encouraged to use multiple worksapces.
Don't you think it looks worse that way?
There's nothing wrong in using GUI applications in a TWM. It's just that GUI application developers typically don't put the same amount of care that their application works on different sizes as terminal application developers.
So what if I spend time configuring emacs to just how I like it. Would you rather be limited in what you can do in an application?
I am not mentally ill.
Yeah, but it's not there to click on windows or move them around.

Use more workspaces.

If I'm just going to fullscreen or splitscreen apps anyway, then what's the point of a TWM?
FWM do basic tiling and workspaces just fine and with less buggy floating modes too.

A crippling disease of the hands. Nonsense command combos straight outta Mortal Kombat.
Mentally illness.

kill yourself immediately kike

?

you should look into a mirrored oven and gas yourself

Is that the naut no exec launch pr?
Lmao, just use launcher

Attached: 3fcaf50.jpg (1440x1400, 274.14K)

I want winfaggots to go back.

Please limit your dragon dildo usage to max 18h a day you seem asspained.

Attached: 1453475079515.jpg (612x720, 280.74K)

Principles, morals, why do they not appeal to younglings anymore?

systemD does one thing well, it boots my system.
PulseAudio does one thing well, it routes my audio

Some day I'll import an american gas chamber just for you my dear friend.

damn slow
damn bloated
Also UNIX philosophy sucks to begin with.

*you're

Yeah it's dumb, but - who gives a shit about gNOme? Just use XFCE, Mate, etc...

Is running a multi-user mainframe operating system developed 50 years ago on devices such as thermostats or home computers, right?
Friendly reminder, that Google employees adore Plan9 and other wow! Unix! bazing! beep-wahoo! cuckware projects, like bsd family of oses that lead to all the "cloud" and server-centered botnet we have to deal today with

They do it because crap like appimages makes it super easy to spread malware on Linux. Blame the kikes.

I'd call you a cocksucker otherwise, but this is a darn good point.

Its not like theres anything better.
if u think there is, name it

Python is cancer. Or at least cancer-enabler.

Each new generation must reinvent the wheel, poorly. Go ahead kids, make your argument for your new wheel. They will all be discarded in < 5 years. Those that expanded on what was already here making it better & faster will have their work live on.

Windows.

Damn those python bobbies!!!

Look at this brainlet!
giggle at the brainlet! *giggles*

reminder that portage is written in python.

perhaps the programs need to be sandboxed away from the rest of the system. isnt that what flatpak is doing?
I do agree that this could lead to the malware situation of windows if handled poorly.

Attached: Len-shota-len-kagamine-29122624-306-500.jpg (306x500, 50.23K)

Reminder to gas tripfags on sight.

I'm such a MASSIVE faggot I can't have enough of cocks. *gulp* *chomp* *slurp*

Dear god, that screenshot looks like a parody.

The mouse is there to be used for programs like ACME, not so retards can fuss about with their fisher price UI.

It formats the windows automatically. You don't have to spend time doing it yourself.
My hands are just fine when using it.
Most of the common ones are not random eg. C-x C-s for save, C-x C-c for close, C-x C-d to for dired, C-x C-k for kill buffer, etc.
If you don't like them, you can remind them. Since the editor is written in elisp, you can easily change stuff you don't like>>915090
.>perhaps the programs need to be sandboxed away from the rest of the system.

Why though? If it was really necessary, they could use seccomp to block some syscalls.

plan9 fags, everybody

For those born before 2000 and XP VisualStyles, computers looked like this.

They look and work better.

Attached: openstep_2560x1600_1.png (2560x1600, 600.94K)

Ackshually... mouse is a dedicated gaming peripheral, like a joystick or a gamepad. LOL@plebs using it for anything else.

From row, second from the right. What gender is that thing?

Wake me up inside.

bearded m'lady

hahaha

I used it on my laptop for a while and it worked like a charm

Women need to go back where they belong, in dah kitchen. Everything they go near dies eg. BioWare, Mozilla, Blizzard, soon Gnome. I hate Gnome but it's good for the Gnome loving faggots to have their own DE.

Gnome is a catch or bait for the cancer that is killing tech. Let it stay there and rot.

PikoPixel is about the only GNUStep app I use.

Attached: Screenshot_20180516_193447.png (1920x1080, 710.27K)

you mind postng that akko?

It's pixel art and there's a full preview in the image, do it yourself you big gay

no fuck you

Wow, that's really good.

Pikopixel is an awesome little program.

How would you even do the colors? I guess artists can do it naturally?

But the 100% one has its bizarre paraplegic limbs "cut off"

Agreed, despite Isis Lovecruft & Qubes OS women in tech is a fucking disaster!

Her code is shit and so is she.

Attached: isis agora lovecruft.png (1712x772, 320.93K)

there is a world beyond your cellar you incel.

hello shlomo
>>>/gaschamber/

install apulse then call your program with it
$ asound firefox-esr

it emulates pulse but just uses normal alsa, resulting in much less cpu usage

Why the fuck would anyone ever do that when libpulse can talk to bare alsa when there's no PA server running?

Why even run it at all? Poetteringware is cancer.

Firefux requires pulseaudio but it can't tell that you're using apulse, for one.

I might do that. PulseAudio has never worked and it will never work.

Works on my machine, works on every machine I have used for years. There were some fuck ups a long time ago, but it was new tech. Now I can plug in my USB headset on almost any machine and it just works.

w-whats wrong with this? uwu

Attached: gold_jack_ext_kenable.jpg (1000x1000, 41.37K)

user is probably using a headset with audio in/out. Many computers in current year, especially laptops lack an audio in port.

xfce for the win, everything else is retarded.

Attached: 2371bf5bd78d3937cfcb51089ed8824893c89cfa60b24d425bd1b17e2b8384fb.jpg (600x810, 55.47K)