Cannon Lake is stillborn

Intel's 10nm is out in an underwhelming trash Lenovo laptop. Dual core 2.2GHz (shit clock), no AVX512 and no iGPU. 15W draw but expect to see those power savings eaten up with a third-party power hog graphics unit. No indications of anything substantial on the horizon for 10nm. Meanwhile most of Intel's big guns are stuck on 14nm with Meltdown (let alone Spectre) still looming over them. 7nm AMD is nipping on Blue's heels and their silicon is certainly in a position to blow out those old 14nm parts and probably the new stuff as well if this release is any indication. What the fuck happened to Intel.

archive.is/yxi0w

Attached: 1526240754pesvbp4m6f_1_1.jpg (400x200, 10.86K)

As much as I'd love AMD to eat their lunch for once, AMD has N O T H I N G in the pipe and their Zen architect jumped ship to Intel.

Keller helped out a lot on Zen but he wasn't the only person on design. Also it'll take 2-3 years for him to get anything out the door (if he does, Intel's corporate culture isn't what it used to be, I don't have high hopes for Raja at any rate).

Even if he does, short and medium term, it's still not a good look for Intel.

fuck off with both of your botnet crapwares, nigger
back to 4gag

Who the fuck said anything about brand loyalty? This is about Intel shitting the bed. That's good in general, not just for AMD's direct competition but the other spheres as well.

Not for me since AMD refuses to get their fucking shit together and is still a solid 6 YEARS behind in STP with the 2700x and all I care about these days is muh high-end emulation.

you need to elaborate

Their IPC is on par with intel, the only problem is the low clocks due to using a process meant for mobile. This will be fixed when they move to 7nm process for Zen2.

Apple in-house chips when?

are you happy with their in-house keyboards?

What about TSMC?

Attached: DAmbsgsBba-4.png (300x250, 24.9K)

Intel though it could keep 10% performance uplift scam with each new processors going forever
AMD really did some surprisingly good work

I'm curious how many cut-off cores there are on these things. I'm going to make an educated guess that these are underclocked to hell with half the chip dummied out just to get them in a stable enough state to use on a budget system.

If you're not, you're holding it wrong.

That was probably my favorite consumer tech failure ever.

I'm gonna throw a wild guess here. The next-gen IGP that comes with CNL is probably buggy and they need time to come up with fixed steppings to make it releasable. ALL GPUs are buggy as fuck. They're rushed to the market with not enough time for proper testing and bugfixing, with the understanding that the drivers will work around the bugs eventually. Well, sometimes bugs happen to be impossible to paper over, in which case shit hits the fan, hard.
t. former GPU driver engineer

AMD or Nvidia?

I know how poor Nvidias hardware actually is, I have talked to a few of Nvidias senior hardware and CUDA developers before and holy fuck.

neither

Intel increases yields by manufacturing different parts of the cpu in different (older) processes. Does AMD do the same?
Just trying to gauge stuff here.

ur a pajeet with qualcom then
get out and go back

Literally nightmare fuel.

Attached: 3aa9dfdb1c126ec0af68b11c0bc376f6738ebbc12dd5becceccde0753c32c32b.jpg (750x600, 46.82K)

nope again

The only one left is jewtel in the end of the day as (((they))) have a monopoly over the fabrication plants in taiwan/real china, hong kong, and chinkland.

They started to worry more about diversity and short term (((profits))) to make (((wall street))) happy than investing in long term R&D.

This is the state of nigger/tech/
Posters here know no GPU manufacturers besides AMD, Nvidia and Intel.
The quality of this board is lower than Linux Tech Tips forums.

GPU driver development is not exactly a wide world and I do not intend to dox myself through a shitty game of "let's list all vendors until he caves", so I'll leave it at that. Anyway, what I wrote applies to all GPU vendors, as it's basically forced by market pressures.

so much this

Complete list of GPU manufactuarers from memory, jewtel, AMD, nvidia, qualcom/Adreno, ARM/Mali, and PowerVR. The only manufacturers with a completely open implementation to the PCI space are nvidia with the nouveau drivers, Mali with the various open source drivers that keep getting shoahed, and thats it. Jewtel was FOSS to the PCI space until after the haswell generation and is now even moreso botnet, AMD requires properitary VBIOS for the drivers to load in linux kernel, qualcom/adreno is completely propertary with no one working on a FOSS solution as far as I am aware, and powerVR in the same as adreno. The absolute state of FOSS video drivers.

At this very moment, Intel jumped the shark.

Attached: idiot.he.is.mp4 (640x360, 6.83M)

so basically, jews

Well Intel did move their R&D to Intel. Mostly to help Mossad and feed exploits to the IDF kids at Unit 8200.

ffs. Well Intel did move their R&D to Israel.

they say this about every new intel product

ARM, AMD, and IBM all have R&D Centers in Israel

The whole package reeks of "early and barely working". Even if it was done to make shareholders happy, it doesn't inspire confidence in the current generation even if all the...features, are ironed out.

Why the fuck is this dumbass wasting everyone's time.

I don't understand wall street:
AMD does Ryzen and EPYC, stock barely moves
Labor improves in the country, sell stocks and put it into bonds, crippling growth
Constantly shit talking about Amazon because they're R&D heavy
Same for SpaceX and Tesla

Bezos and Musk are in a race to see who will be the first trillionaire and wall street seem to not even care.

Wall Street is all computers trading with each other. There is no market. The only time something interesting happens is when one of the computers starts dropping packets.

The market has moved in response to the changes you've mentioned in the time they took to happen. If someone were both born yesterday and happened to inherit a million dollars today he could have been desperately bullish Amaxon, SpaceX or Tesla.

*Amazon

I'd like to know by what magic post deletion only ever fails to work if and only if it might make me look like an ass.

Because Intel made him their Director of Creativity.

Stock prices reflect expected ROI. If it is likely that the stocks will yield large dividend, its price goes up. Amazon and Tesla might not be paying dividend right now, but they may in the future which is why people rather buy them now than later when they might be more expensive.
Stock prices do not reflect short term profits. They reflect expectations.

I agree that's how they are supposed to work, but look at IBM for example. They've been gutting the company for the past 20 years and killing their own revenue to try to make it more attractive to stock holders. Microsoft fires their QA group so volunteer consumers get to be their beta testers. GE is another one.

It quadrupled since early 2016. It did so before Ryzens launch because its success was anticipated.

How else are they supposed to work? 'Worth' is whatever someone is willing to pay. There are a number of reasons why someone would pay for stock. One is expectation of future profits, another would be controlling the company's assets (again, for profits at some point). There's probably a lot more left to gut out of IBM and GE. I don't know.
Microsoft has been doing pretty well in the cloud business.

There are people who treat the stock market trading as a zero sum game. Too many people understand the stock market (or any other commodities market for that matter) as a gambling forum. Their way of profiting is to cash in on other people who have future hopes about the market price of the shares, not on the strength of the long term viability of the company's financials.