This is a very sad day for the internet

This is a very sad day for the internet.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-16_15-01-36.png (585x449, 103.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/comcast-supports-net-neutrality-and-reversal-of-title-ii-classification-title-ii-is-not-net-neutrality
hooktube.com/watch?v=JqONIPwidQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WHOAH SHIT GUYS
YOU GUYS SAID AS SOON AS NET NEUTRALITY PASSED THE GOVERNMENT WOULD COME TAKE MY INTERNET AWAY
WHERE ARE THE INTERNET POLICE IN BLACK VANS AT????

Fuck man, this means our Jewish government is controls our internet, not our Jewish media corporations now!

If the reversal passes, it will be the Jewish media corporations that control the internet.

Tell me again why I should care?

Requiring ISPs to treat all data the same is bad how exactly?

Basically Net Neutrallity is basically a lie to implement other shit, getting rid of it is shit as well but really on this issue it's lose lose, honestly it'd be better to shut down the whole internet

REEE this literally means that trump will look at your browser history and shut down Zig Forums!!!

It puts money into the pockets of Google, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, and Reddit. That's pretty bad IMO.

Oh no, big government will now censor my shitposts on twitter! Why cant these commies deregulate the free market so there can be competition???

Because
EVERY MAN A KING

"3. Force President Trump to approve" Weird word choice. He'll pass it cause he's a jew.
Anyone bothered to go through both revisions? I get the feeling they only initially fucked with it to pass things that they'll conveniently forget to remove now.

woah, so this is the power of freedom?

That's how this stuff usually works.

Either way they control it. Reddit's version of NN only gave them more control. If it was such a good law how come every normalfag site came out in support of it? They would not support something they did not benefit from.

This user is right. We need to start over. Dial-up was awful but at least you had choice of ISPs. We really need to get a meshnet going sooner rather than later.

Big websites benefit from NN, though. Everybody but ISP do.

Every time I get motivated to support a meshnet, I remember that by the time it gets decent they'll arrest people using one. Blackpill af

<
corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/comcast-supports-net-neutrality-and-reversal-of-title-ii-classification-title-ii-is-not-net-neutrality

Attached: cumcastnn.png (1086x786, 103.04K)

All of the web 2.0 sites that will benefit from net neutrality have pushed the narrative if you are against it you are evil. If you are in this to make money, you're going to go anyway the wind blows. At least on the surface.

In what way?
Non sequitur.
They do benefit but why is that a problem?

1. The Internet is a mesh net.
2. >we
start programming you lazy faggot

Agreed, what do they do differently behind the scenes? We know they lobby and oft get passed exactly what they want, as evidenced by monopolistic nature.

Also title 2 and NN are not the same.

Still better than giving ISPs a chance to censor non-normalfag websites.

How does this prevent or enable them from doing so?

They basically already took it away, by corralling people into their kosher sites. Next step is to take out problematic bad goy sites like this one. Maybe that's even what the "incel" thing is about: a pretext to shut it down.

Attached: e718016edbb406dfd1a351a33f507a8e8870335c22a0ae678e6e8d5c628e59c7.png (451x387, 156.03K)

I thought they were going to make normalfags pay for faceberg. Sounds good to me.

(((ACLU)))

No, make normalfags pay for everything BUT NSABook.

lol.

Data hogs deserve to be throttled.
Low-priority packets should be treated as lower-priority.

Every router, even your home-router does this. It's an optimization that's been around for decades.
Netflix has fat bandwidth and wants to flex their (((nuts))) so that they can have one big datacenter that chokes their neighbors instead of having distributed datacenters like everybody else.

Attached: choccymilk.gif (500x283, 1.85M)

Don't give up things aren't that bad yet. I used to run a small WISP and setting up a local wireless network like that isn't too hard. The only issue is keeping bandwidth hogs off of it and getting access to the greater internet until these networks can manage to interlink themselves without the botnet's help. I've always wanted to experiment with running one of these in a small town where the citizens are willing to give "local facebook" a try. It'd be interesting to see how normalfags interact without the constant barrage of propaganda. Of course it'll manage to get in there other ways (television mainly) but at least you could cut down the main source.

In a full SHTF scenario all your coms are going dark or you'll be defending them with guns so I wouldn't worry about being arrested.

They are working with the Government at all levels. That's how they get away with all the things they do. They own most independant websites by proxy already because most of those survive on Google ad money.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (845x348, 41.78K)

It's called traffic shaping and when done in good faith it allows the network to run smoothly even under heavy load. When I was running a WISP we had to get very aggressive with it and sometimes cut off people that constantly ran torrents at full speed for the good of the network. We gave them fair warning and tried to keep them as customers, all they had to do was run them during off-peak hours (9pm-5pm the next day) but they couldn't play nice. I gave up when netflix came on the scene and the local cable company finally ran cable to the area I served.

That isn't what got passed.

volcel gang here. You're retarded.

Attached: 31641.jpg (165x233, 10.56K)

Bump because this is a fucking dire moment. Reddit, all our enemies, all of them fucking got their fucking way.

This. It's like GDPR shit, got passed because it looks good, but in the end it will shut all the problematic users down, while big tech companys become God.

Attached: intelceo.jpeg (1024x629, 71.23K)

Can't tell if this thread is shilling or ISP cuckoldry. Why even do this shit for free?

i don't know which way to go.
corporations can censor at will and have no legal reason they can't, and they obviously censor constantly.
the U.S. government still has the first amendment.

FUCK THE INTERNET

This. It was neat while it lasted.

This shit is the proverbial candle drawing redditarded moths to its flame. Who here has read the actual proposed rule? I read it, and it's such a morass of vague bullcrap that theoretically it gave the FCC power to do anything they wanted, without ever resorting to the courts, and with no accountability. The fact that the ACLU is supporting it should be enough of a red flag, but it has also been supported by every blue-haired screaming witch we exposed with Gamergate. Some poor fools who are partially /ourguys/ but also with the world commie agenda also promote it, you'll know a person's stripes by how they act about this.

Nothing will happen though, and this proposed rule will just fade into memory. BTW I haven't seen any of those package deals and whatnot that Zig Forums had been spreading, I wonder if we'll see a new spate of them?

Fucking niggers, our based poo will BTFO them.

hooktube.com/watch?v=JqONIPwidQw

it's not weird so much as stupid, I mean they could be flaunting their power, but why bother to be arrogant about it ? Oh, wait, I forgot who we're dealing with.

Hams have been doing it for decades, look up Winlink 2000. A distributed completely volunteer decentralized infrastructure-free Internet already exists and hooks up to "the" Internet as well. In some areas hams set up wifi on the high-powered ham channels and bridge it to Winlink and pskmail and the Internet and other outlets.

Doin it with your consumer privileges on low-powered equipment is retard tier. Get your license and join this century, kid. Even if every electrical grid in the world is shut down forever hams would be communicating both in the analog and digital realms, with self-made power.

That said I welcome meshnets but the extremely low power nature of the equipment pretty much only helps locally, you still need to hook up your populated area to the wider world and support the necessary bandwidth requirements of them. Meshnet advocates should be building up their backbones linking cities, not jerking off by putting up yet another "free" router node.

It's almost as if a bill's whatever name doesn't actually correspond to what its about.

all laws are oppression and all taxation is theft.

Fuck yeah. Say it loud and proud, bitches!

Kill yourself. Based poo will BTFO your kind in one fell swoop.

t. Reddit

Can't tell if this post is shilling or Democrat cuckoldry. Anyway won't matter when the Chad Pajeet wins and Trump vetoes it.

0.0002 rupees have been put in your Google account

6-7 more years

Attached: download.jpeg (200x251, 11.24K)

AYO HOL UP HOP UP
*cuts hand trying to open up a bottle of soylent*
THHO WAIT HOL UP
*lets tyrone open the bottle for me*
THHO U BE THAYIN
*drinks soylent*
HOL ON A THEC WAIWAIWAIT
*puts on chastity belt*
U BE THHHAYIN THAT
*watches tyrone fuck my wife*
THAT WE WUTHH
*pulls out Soytendo Switch*
THO HOL UP
*plays Mario*
U BE THAYIN THAT
*retweets anti-white posts on twitter*
WE WUTHH
*reads the latest Marvel comic*
THO U BE AR-TI-CUE-LAY-TING TO UTH THAT
*pays for the monthly BLACKED subscription*
WE
WUTTTHHHHH
NET
NEUTRALI-TAY
N
SHHHHIIIIIIIIEEEEEEETTTTTTTT

How can you be cucked if you're fighting against government regulation of the internet?

Most based post ITT.

wtf #ImWithHer now!

Don't you have an anti-gun protest to attend?

I bet this thread is like that part in Star Wars when Darth Vader yells "NOOOOOOOO" amirite my fellow netizen XDDD

Have a free (you) ya flaming faggot.

Attached: 390c5c2485e738a5083c591773edb488503e8a850ab654b46b6c3061ec3826dc.png (525x475, 423.82K)

Holy fuck can you be any more BTFO right now?

>the state of (((NN))) supporters

You're never going to get your precious (((NN))) back. KYS with all your reddit friends.

>>>Zig Forums

Bandwidth is cheap as fuck. It's the cheapest part about running an ISP. Not having 3x more capacity than normal peak bandwidth is gross incompetence or malice. If you're not running a wireless ISP, paying for equipment that does traffic shaping well is probably more expensive than just upgrading your net.

You didn't read the law.

Fuck off democuck.

what?

FUCK!

You'd realize this if you actually read the fucking things like we did.

I've read the GDPR. My comment "You didn't read the law." referred to the GDPR.
I haven't read the law from OPs picture, but I wasn't claiming that. I haven't seen any discussion on this particular law yet, only on "net neutrality" in general. Thus my comments refer to net neutrality and not the law.

Nice of you to let us know, now fuck off so we can have an actual discussion.

How?

I don't really think that's going to happen. Blocking based on the destination of the data would be beyond retarded. The only problem is the threat to things like torrents. It was already hard enough stopping the likes from throttling torrent traffic, and this just makes it worse if they can treat certain data differently.

I don't know why everyone is being retarded and crying about shit that won't happen while ignoring the legitimate problems.

What's the matter, you don't support "net neutrality"? Wow, it's just like those traitors who didn't support "the patriot act". Why do you hate America? Sure, I mean the problem its addressing doesn't actually exist, but we know we can trust the gov't to implement neutrality when we give them all the power. It says so right in the title, duh morons.

This is Zig Forums. Let's talk about the details. What is an IXP and how much is it to connect to one? What's peering and how much is it? How much does a 100G optic transceiver cost?

????

We're already discussing how this will lead to further government crackdown of the internet.

Don't try and weasel your way out of this reddit.

They'll most likely make goybook pay. But they can also make Zig Forums pay.
Problem is, only one of these makes billions.
Fact is, both options are shit. With NN, you effectively subsidize all the giant tech companies with your internet connection, without it you give ISPs the option of price gouging sites they don't like.
You can just decide if you prefer sucking off Facebook/Amazon/Google or Comcast.

ISPs already have that option. NN dissolves the line between public and private entities. It removes options.

And I mean by default, pre-NN (as private companies).

How would that work with VPN's?

It's not. It's a regulation that says "all data is the same" because guess what: all data is the same.
It doesn't matter if you're downloading 3.5 GB of video from Netflix, Xvideos or your own SSH server; the same amount of data is passing through their servers. This law isn't anything new and it's based on an old telephone laws that forbid them from charging different prices per area or throttling certain areas.
No. The ISP infrastructure is paid for by the consumers and taxpayer money. American ISPs are shit and they haven't upgraded their infrastructure as they should, now they have more users than they can handle and they want the legal right to throttle users so they can keep pocketing taxpayer money instead of upgrading their shit.
With or without GG, Google will have the same influence over the Internet: they will still control most of the email communications, the APIs and libraries used by most websites, the monetization platform of most websites, the most popular web browser, the most popular mobile platform, the biggest location libraries, the search results of most people; even those that use alternative search engines like Searx and Startpage, etc.
The only difference is that now the ISPs can legally throttle your connections.
There is no regulation in the Internet, yet Google has a monopoly on a lot of shit (yes, it's not a monopoly per the classic definition since the resources in cyberspace are "limitless," but they can easily eliminate competition, like they did with browsers and search engines, and they pretty much control the market.)

The problem you guys have are lobbyists. You should be fighting to ban lobbyism, since it guarantees that the government will pass laws in favor of corporations only; instead of fighting against one of the good regulations out there.

Attached: 1341935200862.jpg (393x549, 76.6K)

Hey asshole with your reddit-style strawmen. Is NN going to force Google to re-list Zig Forums? If not, how does this promote "neutrality"? It's Orwellian double-speak and you can go fuck your naive little self, faggit.

Startup ISPs can't start without billions in investment because they must support Kikeflix and Facejew from day one.

No NN means that they can provide slower or limited access to those sites until they naturally expand to be able to support it.

normal priority*

If you don't have capacity, then you offer lower rates. It's common sense.

NN deals with ISPs. ISPs should not throttle your data. That's it.
Whether or not Google has the obligation to list every website out there is a different matter. If you really think so, you should speak to your representatives so they write that law.
As it stands, Google doesn't have that legal right and it won't have it either after NN is no more. The only difference will be that now ISPs can also choose what sires to blacklist (unlikely), throttle certain protocols like SSH and torrent (likely) or making deals with big companies to not throttle them or throttle their competition, essentially stomping and eliminating it (very likely and already happens in other countries with mobile carriers.)

That's a lie. Most people in the US doesn't have access to 4K Netflix because a. They pay for a cheaper plan or b. The ISPs don't deliver the bandwidth they promise anyway.
Google could "support" Netflix and Facebook (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) from the get-go, and their Internet service offered more bandwidth for cheaper, but the ISPs lobbied against them and thus the government didn't give them the permits they needed to build their ISP.
Completely irrelevant since ISPs will lobby against them anyway to either forbid them from installing the infrastructure, or upgrading it.

Attached: hoop.gif (499x649, 765.45K)

When an ISP blacklists a site, you can move ISPs. When the gov't does it through the control granted via "NN", there is no recourse. This is, and I hate to use the word since its been so cliched thru overuse, a concrete shift towards a fascist system.

If you stare long enough at that GIF you can make the hoop go the other way around. Sage for OT.

NN is not about blocking websites. The government will still have that power with or without NN.

It is called "legitimacy". Giving them the power on paper only makes things worse

The power to block websites? Network neutrality doesn't grant the government power to blacklist a site.

1. NN breaks the free market of ISPs to fuck with MuhFAG (Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Google)
2. NN gives power to the government to censor alternative websites like Daily Stormer
3. It is easier to control ISP censorship than Government and MuhFAG's censorship

That has absolutely no connection to net neutrality whatsoever.

Again, the government still has that power, NN has nothing to do with it.

Net neutrality is about not throttling shit and letting traffic flow without discrimination because fuck you I'm a paying customer and you have no authority to decide whether my traffic is deserving of "higher" or "lower" priority based on your own arbitrary decision process. And given (((ISPs'))) track record of abusing their position to throttle traffic they don't like, they can go choke on a dick.
Explain how. Either way, this is not part of net neutrality. It's just da gubmint tacking some shit on top of NN laws.

It's a stormfag. Do you really expect him to know what he's talking about?

That brings me back. Haven't soon a goon spout this shit in a few years. Where are you from? Is that term still relevant on reddit or something? Can't be since this place is infested with reddit. You're either a hyper-normalnigger or something unique.

Can the pro-NN explain to me a problem that's happening right now, that NN will fix? Because it looks like a power grab by the fed, for no reason.

Top retard.
Do you honestly think an ISP that supplies slow connections to the most popular normie sites can stay in business for longer than a day?
Even so, as other people already pointed out, ISPs can throttle all they want anyways. They've been throttling since forever and no one gives a shit.

smh 😒

It only looks like that if you read what the ISPs and the Zig Forumstards say about it. NN does not give any special powers to the government, all it does is restrict ISPs from throttling data.

If it doesn't give the feds new powers, how do they enforce that?

Probably not, but then they can price gouge VPNs.

Ah, it's a cuckchan 7 layers of irony poster. Good to know

It's like there was never a law that says companies can't fuck you over in X way, but companies never fucked you over in that way before so it never became a problem. But now there's a law against it anyway.

We didn't need it, but there's no reason to be against it either.

Then jews decided to hide a bunch of shady shit behind it and tried to pass them alongside NN, then smart people caught on and made a big deal about the shady shit, and then goons and retards of various kinds thought that the shady shit was net neutrality. The end result is that nobody knows what the fuck is being pushed into law and half the people don't even know what net neutrality actually is.

Attached: 124544584.jpg (319x315, 39.59K)