The phone market is garbage, we're basically left with the choice between cancer and aids

The phone market is garbage, we're basically left with the choice between cancer and aids.
why isn't there a 3rd option? where is Gentoo for phones?!

Attached: Android-vs-Apple.jpg (640x430, 53.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.zerophone.org/index.php/Main_Page
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Oreo#Features
replicant.us/
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119769638425153&w=2
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119769569624677&w=2
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119770190928099&w=2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISC_license#OpenBSD_license
gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
archive.fo/0cSH5
blog.arduino.cc/2013/08/12/diy-cellphone/
pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/
itsfoss.com/open-source-alternatives-android/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Purism? They're the only ones doing something different, but they're far from releasing a usable product.

A cell phone is botnet by design

Anyone that could make it knows that cell phones are botnet by design. Anything worth doing on a phone is done better on a device with a large screen. Get a landline if you need a phone, you do not compromise yourself at all (you already have a listed address) and you get the benefit of something that typically works when all other services are down.

I will never understand why we have faggots advocating to avoid all contact with normalfags on here yet they still come up with excuse after excuse for why they need to carry the botnet with them at all times. Life is so much better without a device in your pocket constantly attempting to get your full attention. Cell phones are like crack and their users addicts that constantly come back to it for another hit.

Attached: 6033dfba1d3510ca0530077655c5ea7d454ac7862700aaee047102f0111b9451.jpg (560x385, 23.31K)

What happened to Ubuntu touch?

Canonical killed it off. They never even bothered releasing any of them outside of Europe and China.

Yall ready can moron

Canonical "killed it off" and then announced they would "support" it again as soon as UBports came out and said they'd pick up development on it. The only phone they're still selling that comes with it is Fairphone 2, but you can still flash an up-to-date image onto your Nexus 5.

There is and have been. If you just opened your eyes wider than your waifu's are then you could have seen them. The two latest ones are the Purism 5 and the Gemini PDA.

Is LineageOS + F-Droid + microG effectively de-Googled?

Attached: e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg (600x341, 18.46K)

Attached: 0E1992B4EED84138B7A0C965DDA53EDC.png (512x288, 77.81K)

Nice rebuttal, doublenigger

Is there even a cell phone out there that is just like pic1, no operating system not even contacts just a phone? maybe even one like pic2 I don't even know what/how to search for something as simple as that, if I google something like "cell phone no screen" I get a iphone/android phone with no screen or cracked one

Attached: 490x600.jpg (533x686 20.29 KB, 35.35K)

ITT dumb fags who are too dumb to make their own phones yet think its okay to bitch about it too

wiki.zerophone.org/index.php/Main_Page
You can literally install gentoo on it.

Jolla and Purism are the ones you're looking for.

I find it odd that this is one of the only phones Ubuntu Touch and Plasma Mobile support. I don't pay much attention to smartphones, was there some sort of major change in Android phones around the end of 2013 or sometime in 2014 that caused them to be incompatible with other OS's? Or did Canonical just never bother porting it to anything else and completely lose interest around that time?

Librem 5

No. You also need to remove webview

Yes. Look for pensioner's phones or senior's phones.
They may have a giant button on the back that is really loud if you push it in case you fall down and break your hip though.

Google literally had to re-invent the fucking BIOS for Android as of 8.0 because ARM is such a shitty ecosystem
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Oreo#Features

In theory all new Jewgle devices can have custom OS' out of the box without any porting efforts other than the vendor interface. This shit is making me cringe so fucking hard because retards are going to think Google is doing something new when pretty much every BIOS on every other platform has the same exact thing implemented in pretty much an identical way, for decades now.

LineageOS noGApps F-Droid is pretty fine. Of course it's still a (((cellphone))) and it has proprietary firmware, but it's not directly botnet.

Worst part is lack of standarization of the platform and proprietary drivers, meaning vendors may make your device obsolete at their own discretion by refusing to provide binaries for a newer version. Exactly because of what mentions.
Call me freetard or whatever you want, but you can't deny this is why proprietary software is bad for society; jews controlling the software abandon it and force you to jump ship or be left with an insecure, unsupported, obsolete, crippled product.

At least the ebola of smartphones, Windowsphone, died quickly.

Unless you need to carry it in your pocket

What exactly is the problem with smartphones? Is it because of proprietary drivers that you can't just install Lineage OS or a GNU/Linux distro? As I understand it, Plasma mobile exists, so the software is all there, but it cannot support the hardware.

Isn't it a good thing to separate the OS from the hardware details? Can someone please explain to me what the problem here is?

Is there at least one phone which comes with Android 8+ and has official LineageOS builds? I tried searching and didn't found any.
Is it a conspiracy to completely lock bootloaders since Project Treble to not let the customers update it indefinitely?

Botnet radio, botnet hardware, botnet software. Botnet hardware is sadly currently a given everywhere. However, phones have a botnet baseband processor with DMA access which can't be turned off, making it especially bad.
Also proprietary kikeware spies on you mercilessly is often insecure (see remote-access exploits), and wastes battery and data doing so and can't be removed unless you're willing to jump through hoops and make some sacrifices. Finally being locked to older OS (and increasingly bloated OS releases) are a big turn off.

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I didn't mean the problem with phones out of the box, but rather the reason why the problem out of the box cannot be fixed. I can get an off-the-shelf PC and put GNU/Linux on it, but I cannot get a phone off the shelf and put Lineage OS onto it.

I have here an Android tablet sitting sealed in its box and I can still return it. I have been looking for less botnetted alternatives to it, but if I don't find anything I'll have to bite the shit sandwich an open it eventually.

found the CIA

I suggest you stop whining OP and start your own business based on that.

Surprise nobody here talks about SailfishOS.

Your best bet is a Pixel 2

I've looked into non-android based phones for a long time now. They all seem to be purely EU/Asia. Any chance of getting a smartphone sans apple/android that also works with verizon? The only one that seemed possible was the purism one, but they're being rather vague about the details, which is a red flag to me.

But it has shit display with low frequency PWM.

its nonfree

Why are you fucking around with cell phones in the first place? The only solution is to avoid them. Trust me, you'll do just fine without a cell phone. I've never owned one. I have one of those mobile hotspot things in case I need networking on the go, and I keep it inside a small aluminum Halliburton case when I don't need it.

Really, why do you "need" a phone? Is it your employer? Would you poke out an eye if they told you that you needed to do that? Part of the reason we're in this mess is that people are gutless and simply follow the herd.

What the fuck are you saying. Telcos are becoming increasingly reluctant to install landlines all over the world (even the pozzed GSM landlines). I've been waiting for over half a year to get a landline installed, and the jew telcos won't do anything. If I ditch my mobile phone, I won't have a number.
Jew telcos do this because calling costs 0.32 burgerdollars a minute on mobile, whereas on landline you pay $0.12 a minute (and $0.06 on off-peak hours).

I live in burgerland. I can get AT&T to install a landline in under a week at my house.

replicant.us/

you're either lying or you're not in the USA

And wtf is webview

I don't think you realize how many apps depend on Jewgle

What you're looking for are brick phones

Where I live they try to sell you a landline and cable with Internet. Some companies don't even ask.

it's illegal in the US for a carrier to activate a phone that doesn't have government tracking installed in it user.

Proofs?
Also what about other countries?

Install replicant in a samsung galaxy s2 and then take it to any carrier. You will get vanned faster then you can say told you so. The trick is to buy a botnet phone to activate for the sim card, then take that simcard out and put it in a non botnet phone that has xprivacy installed to spoof the phone you took the sim out of.

This is not a proof.

Did you try it? Most carriers only activate certain newer smartphones anyways. If you tried activating a flip phone before GPS became mandatory some time around 1990 today it would be refused because it isn't botnet enough.

this is just a bald faced lie

Webview is simply how Android calls it's built-in Chromium
Also, I'm using Lineage for one year now without mictog o gapps

Buy a Librem 5 and install Gentoo on it.

Webview is Chrome without UI. You have Chrome and Webview on modern android OSs. If you can use Firefox Klar/Lightning Browser/Naked Browser you have webview installed. It's a system package used as a fallback if your system doesn't have Chrome or has Chrome disabled. It's used to render sites by a lot of apps, unfortunately.
It has almost the same number of issues and privacy concerns as Chrome.

That does sound like a concern.
How can we mitigate this issue?

Does Lineage change webview at all?

Attached: tech illiteracy.png (500x440, 46.58K)

I will always say that Stallman has done nothing for technology.

Why would you do that? Makes you out to be a moron.

I read that they modified the Android WebView (distinct from Google WebView?) but I don't know how exactly. Don't trust yet.
Some browsers don't use WebView (eg. using Gecko), and one is attempting to fork a privacy focused version.

You could get a windows phone
or maybe stop being a faggot and using a phone for its real purpose

Attached: celular-de-pobre.jpg (640x483, 63.07K)

Stallman:
- Ripped-off Gosling Emacs to make GNU Emacs.
- Ripped-off UNIX and made shitty bloated equivalents of their utilities.
- Wrote the GPL, the GPLv2 and GPLv3 were mostly written by his lawyer goons.
- Wrote the worst compiler of all time.
- Edgy.
- Wants to be credited as much as the guy who wrote his own Kernel.
- Thinks that people care about his retarded Free(tm) label (look at the 'Real men don't attack Straw men' thread)
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119769638425153&w=2
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119769569624677&w=2
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119770190928099&w=2
- Allows GCC to compile non-free programs and work on Solaris/Windows, claims this doesn't matter.
- Allows GNU Emacs to work on proprietary operating systems.
- Gone senile.

adding proprietary components to only mostly free code. What has his radicalism gained? People ignore him. He's on some little minor operating system's mailing list picking a fight, because all the other projects totally ignore him, because they are all run like solid American businesses.

mostly written by a bunch of lawyers who will take care of it after
Richard dies. And they've made sure that there are holes in the
less-free GPLv3, and they will make a lot of money off those who
voilate the interpretation they get out of judges, once Richard dies.
Ethics? Who cares. Once Richard dies, it will be a feeding frenzy.
His hypocrisy just makes it even more of a sure thing.

Are there any non-biased summations of the pros and cons of GPL and BSD licenses?

Also, GCC ripped-off the Pastel compiler.

It's not just a custom ROM but also an open source implementation of the baseband proccessor and its firmware for 3g cellular communication. Which is literally illegal in the USA because of the FCC's "must accept interferance"/be backdoored clause. You can remove the "accepted interferance" with such a thing.

Of course there isn't, its pretty hard to when one side in particular likes to use their own misconstrued definitions of many terms. I suggest you read them yourself and decide.
OpenBSD's ISC: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISC_license#OpenBSD_license
GPLv2: gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

Smartphones are a meme, real men use PDAs with IPoAC.

Phones are gay. I NEVER used my phone when I had a brick phone or a flip phone because I don't have any fucking friends, who the fuck am I going to call. Smartphones let me browse the internet while taking a shit and that's way more useful than any other phone ever was.

Did (You) try it?

Wait....so burgers can't just buy 10€ prepaid simcards to put in a random phone of their choosing?
Granted activating them in yurop requires an ID check but I'm not aware of the cards themselves being explicitly tied to specific hard/software.

t. Nokia 3310

Attached: ayo hol up.png (272x277, 94.16K)

I need to upgrade my S5 because it's literally falling apart. What's a good phone that supports Lineage, has a removable battery, has microSD slot, and I can use with Verizon

But I did, user! My phone works just fine from tehnoetic on AT&T.

Back it up with a hard source or shut the fuck up. Fucking fear mongering, I swear.

when did they start requiring that? i got my card almost 10 years ago and paid with cash and had no id verifications

Hey Zig Forums here.
The Russians have put a nailboard board near the entry of their big base in Syria. Text means "Measures for conservation of data security".

What's more interesting is they published a list of authorized phones.
Thoughts?

Attached: phone opsec2 - Copy.PNG (392x642 846.44 KB, 760.72K)

Is there not a single CDMA phone there?
Also they don't trust the chinks. See how its either france/finnish/UK????

There are a few Samsung phones on that list in the third pic

The slavs recomend those phones because they don't have the automatic backdoors mandated for GPS enabled phones made after the 1990's.

Yes you autistic dumbfuck of course I tried in my country and I assume it is the same in ZOGland america.

Look at any sticker or manufacturers label on any electronic device with a radio that is from the USA ever. It says it must comply with FCC Title 47, Part 15 archive.fo/0cSH5

But Stallman says, even dumbphones can be RATed and turned into remote listening devices. They don't use the phones for sensitive calls anyway, only family members and such. However, an audited smartphone with VoIP software would be much safer than plain unencryted GSM or just a landline phone.

Quit LARPing, pal. Replicant has no open source implementation of baseband firmware, only userspace drivers.

Cellphones are the best of smoking and Facebook, combined.

GSM IS encrypted you pleb

you must not be in the US because they give those things out like candy here, and they typically bundle landlines into packages which bring the price down for multiple products.

don't do this. seriously.
I was a winphonefag since wp7 released because I wanted something different. Everyone that saw my various winphones loved how it looked and thought it was really cool. Some even bought one...... and then returned it after a week. I finally gave up and ditched it when the Note 7 came out. I preferred having an exploding phone over a winphone.

Anyone?

Attached: Protecting yourself online.jpeg (574x348, 23.96K)

Only between you and (always rogue) cell tower, and the encryption is hella weak.

Not sufficiently. A few minutes to break the encryption and someone can tap in to your call.

Samsung galaxy S2 with replicant. Although you might consider it a downgrade, the phone itself will last longer, has removable SD card and a removable battery.

You are a giant larping faggot. The samsung galaxy S3 has only a FOSS userland implementation. The galaxy S2 does indeed have a FOSS implementation of 3g GSM/CDMA cellular communications for kernel/hardware and userland. Or atleast as of replicant based on android kitkat they did. Maybe it got shoahed.

It's easy as fuck to port gentoo on just about any system.
You already have the linux kernel for your phone, just stick a stage3 on it and you're set.
Good luck having an usable UI though. You'll have to preconfigure the network and access the phone through SSH.

I don't know if LineageOS is free software, I know it's one of its objectives at least.
Either way your linux kernel is probably chock full of proprietary modules and blobs as is the norm for mobile phones. I doubt there's a phone that can run fully free software.
And then you run into the issue of still having multiple hardware botnets.
Essentially if you're running android you're on a botnet at the same level as windows.

The samsung galaxy S2. Everything except the bootloader is FOSS.
The ARM proccessor is the only hardware botnet because of specter like vulnerabilities and the GSM/CDMA radio/gps if you don't use FOSS software with proper hardware isolation. But you might as well reverse engineer the bootloader on that galaxy S2 and then solder on a different BGA proccessor onto the SOC like a risc-v chip when they come out. Then you can recompile everything for risc-v and have a non-botnet FOSS 3g radio that works on (((major networks))) as a secured endpoint. Just make sure anything going into the (((major networks))) is encrypted at the ethernet layer since the 3g layer is laughablely easy to break.

Why galaxy S2 while replicant support galaxy s3 with even 4G?

not a perfect solution but it's the best you're gonna get

Copperhead OS is good if your phone supports but it does still run a few blobs but in terms of everything else it's good some of the best security features.

project is dead

get in here

You could always make your own
blog.arduino.cc/2013/08/12/diy-cellphone/

I poked around trying to see what a 4G/LTE breakout module costs, to see if you could make your own with a raspberry pi or something. 2G modules are cheap as dirt, 3G modules run close to $80, but the 4G easily $300 just for that part alone.

Linus did the same for the kernel.

This is a net positive (the remainder of the comment is irrelevant).

cool opinions

only comment so far with some merit, but purely superficial

yes he's autistic, doesn't detract from the main point of the arguement though

there's no ethical or technical contradiction here

not relevant if so

the rest was just a bunch of crap, waste of time

BSD is total freedom (i.e freedom to enslave). GPL disallows the freedom to restric others freedoms (i.e no slaves).

Is there even such a thing as free and open source radio firmware that will work on the major networks?

It doesn't afaik. Privacy Browser will apparently use a privacy oriented webview in future, not sure if that's what Lineage uses. Idk how it works yet, haven't checked it out.
Remove it from the system and use Firefox or another FF-based browser like Fennec or IceCat. Some apps won't run without webview so all you can do is not use them.

They're nice to have around for emergency calls. Can mean the difference between life and death.

Feel free to support the Pyra development pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/

No. Reason: patents.

Except emergency stations don't get the accurate gps/wifi-assisted location data.

You should say Copycenter and Copyleft. The BSD (clause 3?) license and GPL are merely symbols of a bigger ideology. Both are free software in that they uphold freedom 0. They differ in how they interpret freedom 0 and their logical extensions.

Is nobody using the zero phone???

Portability is key, besides we can try itsfoss.com/open-source-alternatives-android/

Learn 2 chipbag so you only show up when you need to

And now you see the issue of the Jew

What do you expect from Jews?

What is chip bagging?