Used to be pretty reliably third or fourth

What the fuck happened to you guys? I don't get around here all that often but is it just that you guys' hotpockets have been as dogshit as the hotpockets on all the rest of the boards in the last year or two? What killed you guy's discussion?

Attached: 0ad875d396d7c7118507a299b9fa8ebee70f1f925821d3c02476deba4d6e1aba.png (713x900, 490.44K)

/v/ crossboarders embraced the botnet and stopped coming.
sage because meta thread.

The AI took over all the major boards >>>/polk/28336 and that's why moderation is shit and driving real people away.

Oh believe me motherfucker I *know* why Zig Forums and /v/ are dying, those motherfuckers are getting murdered, nothing natural about it. Kampfy and ((((((Markstein)))))) deserve nothing less than a 9mm through their skullls for the trouble.

I'm just wondering what happened to Zig Forums in particular. I don't really hear too much about y'all. You guys tend to be pretty quiet and drama-free on a site-wide basis in my experience.

Nothing in particular, it's just slowly dying thanks to: tripfags, /*pol/, consumerism, lack of projects, shills, license wars, browser threads and other periodically occurring content that get's boring to read after a few times. It's just shitposting at this point.

Shit hot pocket banned people complaining about shitposters
Turns out promoting shitposting sort of kills the board.

The Freetards sagebombed all real threads so they can talk about shit literally only the 10 regulars here would ever want to talk about

I've been here since 2014 and some of the banners at the fucking top are mine. I will tell you straight up honestly right now, what killed /tech. was 100 percent the freetard GNU/Linux hivemind that would block ANY threads that wasn't about their meme distros. And judging by this thread they all seem to continue being oblivious to this fact

Attached: 1393283910843.jpg (429x410, 45.78K)

t. phoneposter posting from Google™ Chrome® who recently made a tech support thread

I've been here since 2013 and most of the banners at the fucking top are mine. I will tell you straight up honestly right now, what killed Zig Forums was 100 percent the faggots leaking from /a/, /v/, and Zig Forums and the hotpockets that would ban ANY user that wasn't happy with the meme posts. And judging by this thread they all seem to continue being oblivious to this fact.

Attached: 1393283910842.jpg (429x410, 45.29K)

What gives you away is that isn't actually happening. Nobody is being banned. The hivemind just makes the majority of lurkers here to oafraid to speak their fucking minds. And when nobody is talking that tends to drive pph down. Funny how that works

Because no one is left to post here, newfag

Not even one thread on the first page is about a distro.

I immediately see a thread on page 1 shitposting about Gnome 3
In effect they are but not understanding nuance is a sign of autism

And obviously that's the fault of the so-called leakers from /v/ and /a/? Cuteposter as annoying as that faggot is hasn't even been around that long so you can't even blame him.

Right because people totally didn't leave in droves when hotpocket did nothing to the shitposters and only banned people complaining about the shitposting, nope. We're totally still a 70+PPH board with thousands of unique IPs

While I'm going on this rant, I love how Terry Davis left this place too because nobody would engage in conversation with his gigantic technical walls of text. A fucking schizophrenic was too technical for the larpers here.
And remember MikeeUSA? When did he finally fuck off?

Something is mentally wrong with you, seek help, you are fabricating scenarios that are not happening. What you are calling shitposting is people not complying with the Freetard hugbox and its triggering you. It's actually quite fucking sad. Regardless the so-called "shitposting" became a thing long after this place died

Gotta be quite assblasted to sperg out so many buzzwords in this short a sentence.

I remember when i first joined this board was slow but filled with half-screen taking effort posts. The slowness was accepted as it was thought to prevent the drama makers and shitposters from spending too much time here. it had that pre-eternal-september feel.

Then 4chan started forcing that google streetview images not a bot verification thing and required loading some JavaScript at least ounce. A lot of 4chan shitposters bailed and made Zig Forums their new home overwhelming the current culture here.

I am sure you could find some archive somewhere of what this shit looked like before the exodus and how slow but quality discussion was.

Oh, and when posting from TOR actually worked.

4chan fucking with their capcha really did bring the worst kinds of people here. For some reason it happened to be legit mentally ill people and people with actual severe autism

We need more shitposters like you to break the monotony tbh

Attached: 31669d6aa4c48369c50aaabffde8432953ffa38b98f00170c59e6b557e3be5c2.png (600x517, 292.26K)

And also to this day I'm still not sure if the Brian Fagioli poster legit thought he was being clever. That shit was Zig Forums-tier levels of bad meme. I think it was the BO doing this shit to try and force a contrived board culture down our throats. The whole Libby fiasco was the best this place has seen in years

Attached: f73576be2d62fd3fc170ed9a4b92cb17.png (1280x1659, 1.71M)

You don't need to know everyone's IP in order to prevent spam.

I also think we should remove the two tech support stickies because they only make sense on a faster board, which this is not. The BO should also delete >>>/metatech/ because nobody is using that clearly and he should just make a meta sticky instead

We should remove all the 'support' threads period. Zig Forums should not be a place for that kind of audience.

Attached: 1512246813382.jpg (270x2113, 60.5K)

Attached: DX8IUtSVoAAd_7n.jpg (500x301, 13.8K)

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (224x233, 902.59K)

yes MUH TOR. it works,

(((Diversity))) and asiatic fem cannibalism of 'STEM' as their new vehicle for world gibs. Was always present, accelerated in bursts. One was around 1998, and the next around 2003, (both of which weren't contained, so much as the 'net expanded out past prior positions now occupied to new space). The next major cannibal expansion started circa 2005 behind the scenes with the same tech take overs and Google's capitulation, straight from the top down, in each of the major sectors of tech software (I believe this was a natural consequence of the next-to-fall following hardware's remnant's utter sequential annihilation just coming due with the mid-2k China boom frauds). By 2007/8, these became visible to the outside, but I was there behind the scenes in both Ubuntu, Google, and various PLC+Verilog peripheral manufacturers. I saw it with my own eyes -- had to keep moving though; I could sense it, but didn't know the math and mechanics, only that it was 'the other' and 'does not compute' / 'wtf is this' / etc.

By 2011, the external views present in 2007/8 were horrible, but stalled at some strange holding position, possibly due to gorging themselves, and shock cannibal troops rapidly flooding in. My god, what expansion of false underwriting and jewry funds that was. You all saw the rest ticking away, accounting away, straight through. It was from here that the forum cannibalization took over all expanding sites, opening up new horrors past what happened to slash et al.

I will now digress.

Damn Pottering to hell. Damn reddit with its Asiatic and African liars. Damn Obama and the Fed. And damn Schmidt for what he has done, serially. Poor Brin and Sergy stood utterly no chance, useful-to-useless pawns. Shuttlecock turned fag. Linux and conferences turned BDSMfag worse, somehow. The mid-teir 'old guards' were all migrants by 2003 -- I swear it so. I saw them. I worked with many of them. And I saw each and every one of them, when it came time to defend the work, capitulate, hand-over, regress, reduce, and maiwaifu +/- animu out (the bad way, not the irrelevant way; relax, reader, stay focused).

I thoroughly agree with this here , minus the shit at the end. Every one must fight, and you all damn well know what happen/ed/s when those around you don't. Many were children, who just didn't have to grow up in the specific axis outside of work and production, and paid for it beyond their comprehension, to the detriment of all. Casual, but forgetfulness is not permitted, ever.

An argument against autistic advancement, failure to ironbro + failure to deus-vult-every-thing-that-isn't-Caucus-Man. In a way, it was the truth, come due.

Never forget.

Its sure great at increasing spam and allowing pedo posters.

How much are you getting paid?

I'm just tired of all the shitty content. We need more filtering.

This. They should be banned on sight, and their enablers with them.

Accurate. Been lurking since the first GG exodus. Here and Zig Forums mostly. The constant GNUspam and the odd Pottering dick sucking noises .. why post? I'd like to talk about my pfsense setup but the constant spam of "cuck license" and not much else makes it pointless.

The UNIX Haters Handbook poster is actually making this place great again by triggering the bubble conventions here. I don't even give a shit about this but its funny seeing him trigger people

This place basically became anti-technology.
I am starting to learn to stop worrying and embrace the shitpost

Attached: joey-shrug.gif (192x231, 347.87K)

I would like to blame COINTELPRO-type fiddling because any powerful group would hate to have more tech-enabled supernerds. Maybe it is less complex.

i like that lispposter has an alternate view, but the same quotations of the Hater's handbook are now boring. He needs to mix it up, make it more subtle. Sure, it still fiddles with the occasional /g/remlin, but the rest of us are tired of it. Find another way to criticize without embedding half of a chapter in every post. How about images on our imageboard? Diagrams?

Have a (You) for this decent post oldfag.

I agree with you as well, it's very good seeing him breathe new life into this place. Sometimes I open up threads just to see what he will write.

First namefags started posting.
Then all SICP readers stopped posting.
After that anime fags started posting their weird stuff.
Now only shitposters are left on this board.

tl;dr: non-shitposters left this board

y0y0y0 wazzup kewl dawgs?!@ I need registration code for Ubuntu Millenium Pro edition, my copy experies tomorrow and I don't have the cash, you know how it is.

Attached: bounce.gif (500x400, 1.21M)

This place has been invaded with refugees. Everyone is on the darknets sharing dank memes and hacking on steroids. It's private so you'll need the invite to the hidden discord channel. I can hook you up for some bitcoin.

Attached: 1425545659942-0.jpg (495x660, 44.59K)

sent :)

This is mai territory UwU