Another one bites the dust: 9front goes SJW

With it's joke CoC page (9front.org/coc) and generally irreverent sense of humor, you could be excused for assuming that 9front, a project continuing the development of Plan 9 From Bell Labs, wouldn't fall to the idpol mania that has swallowed so many tech communities.

Unfortunately, you'd be wrong.

Apparently, there is a CoC in full effect in at least some 9front spaces, and violating it can result in a no-warning permaban if you're not a project contributor. aiju sez:

The issue at hand were some comments in IRC by Aram that aiju took as anti-tranny.

Fortunately, this story has a "happy" ending. Aram confirmed that he is, in fact, super down with trans folks, some of whom are his friends! #BeAnAlly

The conversation was rounded out with the following observation:

Because, as we all know, tech projects are just fronts for fighting for LGBTQIA+ inclusivity.

If you thought 9front/cat-v had avoided the SJW infection, be warned. Emails here: my.mixtape.moe/dbvmmr.txt

Attached: 9germanengineering01.png (484x600, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.jim.com/economics/inclusivity-codes-of-conduct/
mpcdot.com/forums/topic/8132-the-women-in-tech-megathread/
harmful.cat-v.org/society/gay_marriage
harmful.cat-v.org/software/,
doc.cat-v.org/
my.mixtape.moe/dbvmmr.txt
9front.org/coc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And now for something completely different:

Nobody cares. kys

So, do we just have OpenBSD and other forgotten operating systems left? What a shame.

Attached: Oberon.jpg (3000x2400, 1.3M)

Get the fuck out of here.

Basically, unless you're content with retrocomputing. And I worry about what's going to happen to OpenBSD after Theo retires or dies.

He just turned 50 this month.

Attached: fortysquares.gif (156x180, 351.18K)

Inclusivity codes of conduct

When an open source software project adopts a “code of conduct” it slowly dies. Bugs don’t get fixed, new features break stuff, and it is unable to accommodate updates and changes in the environment. Over time, it gradually suffers bitrot – unchanging and unchangeable assumptions in a changing world, combined with “fixes” that introduce new bugs, and confusing new misfeatures that irritate old users, never quite work as they were supposed to, and are an obstacle to new users.

Why is “inclusivity” so devastatingly lethal to tech?

Observe “women in tech”. As Spandrel observes “Women in tech” are women trying to get nerds out of tech. Nerds protest. “We were here first! We built this from scratch!”. Yeah whatever. There’s money to be made, so women want in. Then they saw nerds there, and then they can’t help their instincts. Nerds must go. Women just won’t live close to them; the same way humans don’t like living close to snakes or rats. That getting rid of the nerds would destroy the whole ecosystem is secondary. When tech collapses after women chase the nerds away, women will just migrate to somewhere else built by some other males, as if nothing had happened.

blog.jim.com/economics/inclusivity-codes-of-conduct/

This thread is worth reading:
mpcdot.com/forums/topic/8132-the-women-in-tech-megathread/

Cancer spreads.

At least you can still fork all these projects.

harmful.cat-v.org/society/gay_marriage
cat-v has always been on the principled libertarian social equality side of things. Supporting trans people shouldn't be a surprise.
I can't blame them for being trigger-happy given some of the contamination I've seen from #Zig Forums in particular.

hello newfag
>>>/out/

OpenBSD has developers like this; I wouldn't count on it much longer...

Attached: rip_openbsd.png (900x800, 221.12K)

Haha holy shit I didn't even know those were a thing. Christ that's pathetic

This. BDFLs are what's keeping good projects and countries afloat. We need to take cue from political history and upgrade free software projects to hereditary monarchies.

That was the objective from the start. Ridiculing marriage with degeneracy is just means to this end.

If Theo has a worthy replacement for himself in mind then I wouldn't worry. Same goes for Linus.

So, democracy is a failure and dictatorship is the only right way? 🤔

You're all retarded, especially OP.
Just reload the page to get a different coc, the whole thing is a joke mocking the idea of a coc.

Attached: 590a0b65fb2980e0aaaf852c5615d39b2a9b0d900a599537bd78595d7f6bea4c.jpg (392x500, 56.78K)

Which one of you faggots did this?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-25-02-30-48.png (1440x2560, 134.8K)

TempleOS is the final solution.

Attached: Georgia_Cosmetic_Surgeon_B….mp4 (400x224, 2.09M)

Democracy tends to give consistently mediocre outcomes. Among other areas, that's good for countries because all the alternatives are more likely to fail catastrophically, even if they're better in the best possible case.
Software projects aren't countries. Leaving a small software project is much easier than leaving a country, so you can get a somewhat working free market/survival of the fittest thing going. A software project that has a BDFL from the beginning is unlikely to become popular unless the BDFL is good, so bad monarchs are automatically filtered out.
Unfortunately, that doesn't extend to succession in established software projects. If you appoint a new leader and they turn out to be bad it's much harder for the free market to take care of it. Forking is expensive. Even good people aren't necessarily good leaders.

(((Why do you think that is?)))

That's why you establish a hereditary monarchy. Somebody who shares similar genetic base and was raised in a similar memetic environment is more likely to end up sharing similar traits, including being a good leader.

lol

That's not nearly reliable enough. Selecting from multiple clones might work, but societal progress is too fast to replicate the memetic environment properly in another generation.

fuk
How much is probable that Gentoo will stay uncucked?
I'm currently using devuan/obsd/void; devuan is sjw/faggot distro, obsd is fine, but has no chance staying uncucked, void is essentialy pony-tier distro with fine init system.
Should I just go crux and crucify all evil I have on my hards?

It's not perfectly reliable, but it's more reliable than any existing alternative.

Pick based on quality, not politics, and you'll be a lot happier.
Even if politics affects quality, it's not the only thing affecting quality.

People have been fed democratic propaganda from birth because most countries are democratric now.
Today's representative democracies claim 2 things:
I think the first is right, but I'll call retarded whoever thinks the second is right, there's no way anybody genuinely believes this.

Aside from harmful.cat-v.org/software/, doc.cat-v.org/ and 9front's codebase, you shouldn't bother with anything else aside from maybe software discussions. Thay have always been liberal.

Don't cave in to this shit. If you let the SJW cancer take over everything you love without making your own alternatives, you're outright giving them power.
We need to either get more involved in projects we enjoy to avoid complete SJW takeover or make our own, better alternatives.

Attached: 1447044315707-0.png (500x500, 350.64K)

From their website. lol

Attached: ghostintheminesweepershell.back.png (500x647, 97.77K)

If you refresh the CoC page enough times you'll eventually find a real, github-tier CoC.

Attached: chester's life is out of control.png (399x585, 294.4K)

Attached: 9man01.png (500x380, 953.82K)

D&C thread, this kike is trying to correlate unaffiliated social communities with the actual 9front open source in order to push people away from it.

9poz

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 07.35.17-fullpage.png (1009x1172, 108.09K)

Press the refresh button faggot.

What's this thread about? Hypocritical people being intolerant in the name of tolerance? Therefore we should avoid using their software? Umm no, this is the same feelz mindpoison as not wanting to use ReiserFS because its creator is a murderer (moot point because ReiserFS is obsolete anyway). What I'm saying is, it makes more sense to accept/reject software solely on technical grounds, not social shit involving its creator(s).

Pure coincidence, right?

That kind of proves my point. People rejecting software on anything other than tech grounds kills off perfectly good software.

The social aspect of a project directly influences the technical aspect.

So you're in favor of proprietary software then.

So you're in favor of truly free public domain software then.

Jesus fuck Zig Forums

?

What are the first words in the OP.

aiju writes good code, and designed a cool devlopment board, the aijuboard. What have you contibuted?

There's Gentoo and Funtoo. Gentoo forums seem comfortably shitlordy still, though #gentoo-chat on Freenode is run by anti-cussing "child friendly environment" sycophants (#funtoo is better IMO).

I have contributed anti-SJ meems in this global meem war. The Social Justice must die like a kike nailed to two chopsticks!

Republicanism isn't a failure... so long as the voting public has an average IQ score which is higher than the temperature on a warm southern Arizona summer day.

Republicanism breaks down these days because humans are susceptible to modern psychological warfare techniques, for which the Bureau is trying to disseminate information about to anons at large.

>my.mixtape.moe/dbvmmr.txt

That's how I got there nigger. If you refresh the CoC page 3 times it shows you the real CoC.

this is true but almost all software with devs who go on ranting about "how the toxic internet is hurting them" is garbage

Liar.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-25 12-54-41.png (950x637, 40.96K)

It's possible to make friends on the internet if not all of your communication is via incognito picturepanels.
You have, you just weren't aware.

Gays, sure. Trans, lolno.

somehow I should have known that this is going to happen becayse 9Front's icon is gay flag lol (But I realize that not all gays are >>/oven/ tier SJW or LGBTQ+)

What's the story with Gentoo/Funtoo split?

Nope. Just keep refreshing the page. it changes a couple of times before revealing the ugly truth. t. not

In the closet, possibly. There's no good way to know the true incidence.

You are not "transgender" just because you say so any more than you are "transblack" just because you say so. There is a clear difference between an invisible mental illness (homosexuality) and a visible mental illness (body mutilation). If you call yourself "trans" and haven't cut your dick off you're just a LARPer.

IS THERE NO BODY FUCKING PURE IN THIS GODDAMN FUCKING WORLD?

Attached: Jones meltdown.webm (360x360, 3.99M)

I'm going to hazard a guess that there's some underlying condition that causes people to want to do that, and that it's possible to have that condition without doing that. It's reasonable to use a different definition, though.

why would you want to do that

it's called liberalism and it's treatable with lots of gas

to make friends and form personal relationships instead of yelling at your monitor all day

why would you want to do that

It's so fucking difficult to read and understand whole sentences?
Jesus, who invents these words?

* The use of sexualized language or imagery* Personal attacks* Trolling or insulting/derogatory comments* Public or private harassment* Publishing other's private information, such as physical or electronic addresses, without explicit permission* Other unethical or unprofessional conduct

I see no issue.

good. Can't wait till all the Zig Forumsniggers are banned from everywhere

Conquest 's second law of politics: "Any organization not explicitly right-wing sooner or later becomes left-wing".

Attached: serveimage.jpg (850x400, 82.98K)

why u be sayin transnigga ain't real fam? it ain't recognized as real like transgingers because you whitey folk all racist know what I'm sayin?

Attached: assigned_white.jpg (960x889, 576K)

Attached: (you).webm (480x360, 285.91K)

Why aren't you using facebook or reddit? You would feel much more at home there.

Attached: google.png (973x507, 44.29K)

Zig Forums is retarded

only the mods

Put your tripcode back on, cuteposter.

Attached: 8edb6c1f649f9d3d7f16c53242fc9adcb3b3242124ae94bb3afa032764609b71.jpg (214x406, 30.36K)

Zig Forums *is* retarded. Use mpc or autoadmit.

NO

I've met one tranny in my life. I decided to go through the Starbuck's drive through with Rush Limbaugh playing on the radio, and this 6'+ man with long hair and painted nails and bitchtits handed me my coffee. I haven't been back since

Why are you paying that much for coffee?

I hung out with a tranny once. insufferable and over erotic bunch they are. Beleive me, don't stick your dick in crazy.

I don't intend to stick my dick in a man, but thanks nonetheless.

1. Op a fag
2. What about DF BSD?

Are you retards serious? It's a parody of Asimov's laws.

Attached: laws.jpg (1920x1080, 422.67K)

Most of the cocs are clearly satire, but unfortunately the sjw ones are supposed to be "real" ones.

Is the OS even actually usable, rather than just being another experiment/curiosity like ReactOS, haiku, TempleOS, AROS etc.? Anyone here ever tried to use plan9 as a daily driver?

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

Going to 9front.org/coc loads one of a number of different documents edited in some way to refer to 9front. Yes, one of them is a parody of Asimov's laws. Another is based on the Boy Scout pledge. Reload the page and you'll likely get a different one.

The point is that while 9front seemed to be taking the piss out of the whole concept of the CoC, they apparently do enforce a rather strict feefees-based policy in least some parts of the project, in this case IRC.

It depends on what you mean by usable. 9front supports some real hardware, including several models of Thinkpad. It supports a number of common Ethernet devices, a handful of wireless adapters, and can do WPA WiFi. You can do email, read pdfs, view images in common formats (jpg, png, gif, etc.), and browse the Web with mothra (no javascript). You can listen to audio files, but I don't believe there's any way to watch video. IIRC, there's an emulation layer that allows you to run Linux binaries (x86 32-bit), so some people run a modern web browser that way when they need javascript for something. I've never tried it.

For most people, no, it would not be suitable as a daily driver, but that's because most people, even on Zig Forums, are addicted to video games and YouTube. A lot of Zig Forumsnicians are still stuck on Windows because of vidya, so obviously 9front would be a non-starter.

You mean that there is no coc?

Read the emails linked in the OP.

Where do you want to drive?
For starters, you're not going to find botnet web 2.0 browser on any of those OS. Even OpenBSD/arm doesn't have them yet.

How the fuck do I deactivate FF emoji rendering

get a better browser

So you mean to say it's slightly less functional than Windows 98 was 20 years ago?

What is the recommended partition size for 9front, assuming that data will generally be kept on a different partition? What filesystems are supported?

Now that they're an SJW project, the recommended partition size for 9front is 0.0 KiB.

For learning it: idk whatevet it fits it something like 8-20gb should be good.
For using it: whatever you want.

Why so large? The ISO is in the hundred of MBs ballpark, so how large can a fresh intallation be, a gig or slightly more tops? Why all the space, what are you going to use it for if you keep data on another partition? Wouldn't 3-4 gigs be more than plenty (assuming any swap partition, if any, is separate, dunno yet how 9front handles swap).

So ist there any actual (i.e. non-FUD) evidence whether the sjw cocs are unironical or just satire like all the other ones?

The CoCs on 9front.org are obvious jokes, the IRC channel follows a reasonable policy that people here would consider SJWy.