Can you clean mechanical keyboards at the car wash?

Can you clean mechanical keyboards at the car wash?

Attached: Manual-Carwash-Bays-Adrian-MI[1].jpg (1160x773, 140.36K)

Yes, but automatic carwashes use software that we, dare I say it, cannot see the source code to! *Gasp*! Shocking I know! So they're probably botnets maybe somehow! Better take it to a manual wash instead m8

Attached: c28eedb4204c16c9ef278c110ff3354202f3ce198a4572990cb600cbda0dc7f7.gif (323x224, 983.2K)

Just put it in the dishwasher

inb4 industrial dishwasher

Modern dishwashers probably run a proprietary spec of iTron and are probably botnet! You don't wash dishes do you???

Buy disposable *paper* plates and bowls and carve your own spoons and forks with wood.

Just wash your dished by hand you moron. Its even more sanitary that way because of the shit contained in those detergents/soaps vs dish soap or better yet soap you make yourself.

Yes but it will rust/chip faster then if you just clean it by hand.

Dishwashers are disgusting. They get full of grime and filth, and their usual mode of operation is to leave dirty dishes inside to ferment for days before the dishwasher fills up enough to start washing.
Wash dishes by hand you lazy fucks.
Also either use a manual wash or hire some (white) teenager to wash your car for you. Automatic car washes are retarded.

Being able to study the source is only a portion of what the four Freedoms of RMS cover.

Did you try asking for the source code though? I bet you didn't, maybe it's actually open source.

Yeah, of course he's going to know what you're talking about right?

Of course you don't ask the user of the software, you ask whoever made it or put it there.

You can, but it might be hard to get the water/cleaning liquid/chemical-dissolution-marks out of it, and it might break

use some dilute isopropyl alcohol, metho, or any other hydrocarbon soluble cleaning agent, but be careful not to use too much, as this works by removing the surface layer of oils and greases

My grandfather owns several carwashes lol. heres a pic of the timers he uses in the bays. I cant believe they cost 250 usd.

Attached: 20180527_100927.jpg (4656x2620 3.44 MB, 3.82M)

Holy cow, good intel, user!
Can you take a photo on the long socketed IC? Ideally capturing the writings on it.

wait is that what i think it is? a board with embedded chips, how the hell does that cost 250 dollars

What other people do to their machines is their own problem. My own freedom is only relevant for the machines that I own. If I go to my bank's ATM and operate it to check my balance and withdraw cash, it doesn't matter if it uses Windows and Flash because I don't actually own the ATM for the purpose of achieving my own computing. The matter of software in the ATM is the bank's problem, not mine.

What if (((they))) find out!?

holy autismo

That's Saint iGNUcious to you, my child

Attached: church[1].jpg (667x1000, 550.01K)

The upside of these cheapo non mechanical kbs is that I can clean them in my kitchen sink without having to bother taking it apart, unless I want it to dry faster. Literally 3 sheets of clear plastic, and a sheet of nipples.

there are waterproof keyboards

You can clean mechanical keyboards in many ways. Some of those ways are not smart, though.

No. You can use the dishwasher though but you get a failure rate of about 2 in 10 keyboards.

I did have one of those roll up silicone things in the past, it was just plain awful to type on. It was even worse for Doom, it really felt like dry foreplay.

I guess if it's water proof, but an air compressor does a good enough job and you don't have to wait for it to dry.

Same reason ECMs,PCMs,TCMs etc. in cars cost around that much for even old equipment, because they can since it's proprietary.

Turn (((them))) into soap if they want to bitch about it.

Attached: blow gun.jpeg (360x246, 8.71K)

those are trash, but the flagship sealshield keyboards are okay, the rubber domes are stiff enough for a good tactile feel

Attached: SSKSV207_Front.jpg (500x333, 37.7K)

Sounds good

Attached: jewsoap.webm (640x360, 5.24M)