CODE
TO
MAKE
IT
BETTER
QUIT
FORKING
IT

Attached: tohru_angry.png (798x448, 306.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kCpjg50-nvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is this this?
New lyrics of a GNU/punk song?
youtu.be/kCpjg50-nvc

If you do that, you'll get a mess like UNIX in return.

Attached: Oekaki.png (500x250, 13.95K)

Why not write your own shit from scratch instead?

Attached: terry dance.gif (300x424, 2.56M)

Forking is the last resort (as in death of upstream), tardo. Nobody wants to become a maintainer, even of a tool they use and love.

You can't contribute if the maintainers are retarded.

What if the original project doesn't want the patches you're submitting?

you are a open sourcelet
you don't know anything
the whole fucking point of free software is that you can fork it freely

would you fork windows?

rsync -av rsync/ op-is-a-fag-sync/cd op-is-a-fag-syncrm -rf .gitfossil init opsync.fossilfossil open opsync.fossilfossil add .fossil commit -m initfossil ui # browser opens
there are so many things rsync could do that would make it immensely more useful to you, but your patches won't be accepted. so fork it.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. You can fork without having to hire a lawyer, but do you really want to take over the responsibility of maintaining it?

Ha ha ha! HA HA HA-HA! Filthy Linux peasant!

Developer effort wasted between a couple hundred different distributions finally getting to you?

Attached: 13856630.png (500x322, 93.8K)

Just complete it to perfection and be done with it.

Firefox 52 badly needs forked.

F U C K I N G
T H I S
H
I
S
DON'T FUCKING FORK UNLESS DEVS ARE NIGGERS THAT DON'T WANT YOU TO IMPROVE THEIR SHIT

But how will you make reputation as cool innovator and engineer if you just contribute to existing projects.

Well, you can always make something Impressive, cool and stuff, instead of stealing someones idea

This thread is so low-quality I'm thinking about forking it.

This, with all of the CoC's and SJW's trying to contribute to OSS is an extremely hostile, toxic environment and the chances are high you'll just be permabanned from the whole project because you didn't follow one of the fat lesbian MTF transblack maintainer's sissy hypno tumblr feed.

Already been done, so far:

this is Zig Forums in mid 2018

>He does it for free
I'd rather focus on my own projects.

enjoy your os that has been backdoor'd since 1999

but then how would i be recognized for my important contributions to the manual and/or test suite

yes, and there is nothing wrong with it. We need more cancer

DIVIDE AND CONQUER

That is a wanted feature

remember when point-and-click trojans like back orifice were used as legitimate tools for businesses to keep track of employees?

True. No amount of contributions would fix Gnome 3, it took a fork (Cinnamon) to make it usable.

Yep.

Taking responsibility is the professed hallmark of free software. It's ok if you don't care to take responsibility of your software, but you should never feel entitled to any free software if you fail to take responsibility for it.

Well software tort will disagree with you about that.
When you write a piece of software it is a product, and no matter it is gratis or not it is held to a high standard by some government

I don't know about you but the vast majority of free software projects specifically disclaim any kind of warranty of fitness. This is because you're expected to change the functioning yourself to fit in with your needs because you have the freedom to make it so. The exception would be when you explicitly purchase a warrant of fitness for a particular piece of software.

That's the Open Source perspective on free software. Libre software advocates would more likely say that warranty is a good way to get the ever-loving shit sued out of you.

You need to fork a git repo before contributing to it. Then you merge back.

Nowhere have I seen that before.

Sham, all you have to do is git clone. This is not the same as forking the repo.
Btw, what happened to the kkk website?

The mainframe has been reset. It just was a mess. The website itself is probably archived somewhere, though.

Attached: 1528240312820.png (1834x1200, 740.12K)

LOL DUDE FORK IT
LOL DUDE FORK IT
LOL DUDE FORK IT
LOL DUDE FORK IT
LOL DUDE FORK IT
LOL DUDE FORK IT
LOL DUDE FORK IT
NO DUDE NOT FREE SOFTWARE
LOL DUDE FORK IT
LOL DUDE FORK IT
LOL DUDE FORK IT
LOL DUDE FORK IT

Daily reminder linux is for lazy wannabe programmers who halfass their work and want other people to finish it for them.

fork you

Wow
Ur like really smart or something

You have a calendar or are you some kind of fire magic voodoo god?
How the hell did you know the CURRENT YEAR time?

What if something breaks in GNU/Linux?

Forking is better than arguing.

this, loonuxfags are hopelessly autistic

This. All my forks have been merged back into the parent project (because I write unit tests and shit).

Fucking heathen!

That just means you didn't attempt to change anything that people have emotional attachments to. You can't unit test subjective things like UI design and people will literally get so worked up they'll quit a project over something like changing a color.

The original complaint was that improvements i.e. bug fixes and features, were causing forks. A redesign is a legitimate non-mergeable fork. No problem with that.

Reminder to ignore anime posters.
Sage & Hide.

You misused the word "whom".

They shouldn't be non-mergeable. People just become emotionally attached to bad design and will not only block attempts to fix it, they'll shut down conversations about fixing it, prevent options being added to choose a different way of doing it, and as a last-ditch attempt to cling to bad design, will refuse to use usage info of such an option to see that users agree it needs changed.

For example, in chrome's title bar, type "json_object_object_get_ex" and hit enter. Then clear the bar, close your eyes, type "json_object_object_get" and hit enter. You'll find yourself on the page for json_object_object_get_ex. Chrome commits a UI sin here and the autocompletion will second-guess you in unpredictable ways depending on what's in your cache and you have to watch for it doing that to you and stop it (in this case, hitting backspace) or you get the wrong answer. Their designer has circled the wagons on this and blocked every attempt to do anything about it or even add an option. The entire project will need forked to fix this one stupid thing.

What are you going to do about it baka?

Attached: 1459253526174.png (1680x1704, 1.79M)

Enjoy discovering the hell of maintaining large out of tree patches against a large, active project.

Yes that's poor UI design and you could make an argument for that, but its oftentimes more subjective.

Modern version control makes this as simple as it will get i.e. scales in difficulty with the scope of your fork's divergence.

Yeah user that does not make it simple.

Attached: Ddr8WmDUQAEocL5.jpg (1200x1200, 288.41K)

Socrates would have unironically fucked that soyboy up if he said that to his face.
He was a big guy and promoted fitness.

You fucked up cuckchanner.

Would you fork a bear?

DOING
PRS
TO
SHIT
PROJECTS
WITH
SHIT
MAINTAINERS
WHO
DONT
GIVE
A
SHIT
ABOUT
QUALITY
VOTE
WITH
YOUR
FORKS

Attached: diogenes.jpg (500x453, 82.51K)

*tips rubbish philosophy*

Fuck off CIA nigger

just think about the possibilities if all that brainpower worked on a couple of different flavors of the same distro
god fucking damn

Alexander was a KING, not a degenerate emperor.