So I brought one of these little crap handhelds at walmart they are just another cheap hand held with a bunch of crappy...

So I brought one of these little crap handhelds at walmart they are just another cheap hand held with a bunch of crappy reskins and stuff but I couldn't find any videos or anyone talking about taking them apart and attempting to mod them does anyone have any suggestions before I break the thing trying to pop off the faceplate?

Attached: IMG_20180605_222012387.jpg (2952x5248 3.34 MB, 3.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_Serial_Interface
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

IIRC Ben Heck and LGR did teardowns of those. There is not much you can do with them, the main CPUs are blobbed down. Honestly don't know why you'd waste your money on a cheap disposable Chinese emulator let alone want to put any effort into modifying it

I'm disappointed and I want to die the thing wouldn't open it's to well put to gether and all I did is take off the glossy plastic shield and crack the case

Attached: IMG_20180605_223721406.jpg (2952x5248 3.33 MB, 2.89M)

there are screw holes under the shield so I broke the case for nothing

Throw it away

Don't let that stop you. Keep going, and try not to break anything else.

I'm depressed af now I haven't been able to find my glasses kit screwdrivers in weeks and none fit

a thread died for this shit

How exactly were you planning to "mod" it? You're going to see some ICs... then what? Randomly start soldering them?

Should have gone to the gun store and bought a decent pistol.

He would be even more depressed because he would have a broken pistol. I'm sure this thing cost much less.

I got it open but I'm fucking so depressed still

Attached: IMG_20180605_231045514.jpg (2952x5248, 4.62M)

They won't let me buy guns because the police cheif sucks and I would have to risk my ssi if I went to a gov therapist to say I'm a normie

user is obviously white.

Attached: whore.png (290x391, 169.21K)

yeah well the gun isn't going to pay my rent unless I risk everything to do it and it just wouldn't be worth it like that the money does

does anyone know hoe to interact with a circuit board like this though?

Can you get a picture of the IC C19 and picture of the back of the PCB?

not the cap, but the ic above, i mean

uhhh the only chip that says c19 is blank but the back has a silver cap ty6000

even if I can't get this to work is there a way to salvage the screen idk how I would connect a ribbon to the raspberry pi because it only has mini hdmi and a camera cable which doesn't even have the same number of pins if there was a way to reverse it idk wht I'm doing btw

Attached: IMG_20180605_233149619.jpg (2952x5248, 5.01M)

The ribbon cable is probably over DSI (Display Serial Interface)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_Serial_Interface

Is there absolutely no writing on that chip with the divot?

yes it is blank

also that big chip is made by spansion but they have been out of business for 5 years and I couldn't find anything. I always wish I could understand all the complicated computery bits and programming but I never had a good teacher and I always lost motivation trying to learn online

I don't suppose you have a 14 pin pamona clip

all I have is an old bag of yughio cards and a stock cpu fan

Attached: IMG_20180605_235842715.jpg (2952x5248, 5.04M)

Ayo nigger. WTF are you doing???

The OP's image surely couldn't have been your first clue, could it, Whorelock?

My guess, its a dumb drunk fagget who overestimates his javascript """programming""" skills, so he thinks he can open up just any random off-the-shelf electronics device, open it up, and hardware mod it because fuck technology

We used to have microcontroller threads, reverse engineering threads. And now we have this

Wonder what the jumpers do. Have you got the pinout of the chip yet?

kek

The first shit you gotta do is look at the weird serial numbers or the (company which made it) imprinted on the board. Usually something like "380V122A" or a sticker with certain barcode and serial numbers.
Google it or Baidu it then lurk