Intel dumpster fire presentation at Computex 2018

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9BL1IvNzc2NjkxL29yaWdpbmFsL0lNR180ODIzLkpQRw==.jpg (620x279 300.25 KB, 22.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.today/2018.06.07-022212/https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/06/06/did_intel_throw_in_28core_towel_at_computex
archive.today/2018.06.07-022605/https://www.anandtech.com/show/12907/we-got-a-sneak-peak-on-intels-28core-all-you-need-to-know
archive.today/2018.06.07-022714/https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-28-core-processor-5ghz-motherboard,37213.html
hooktube.com/watch?v=w5ZXlQefic0
hooktube.com/watch?v=H8a3x18x70Q
slant.co/versus/10828/18138/~electron_vs_qtcreator-qt
quora.com/Is-nuclear-winter-a-myth
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBKX-6Gz6A
hooktube.com/watch?v=ozcEel1rNKM
youtube.com/watch?v=3H6hnFV-nDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol

archive.today/2018.06.07-022212/https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/06/06/did_intel_throw_in_28core_towel_at_computex

archive.today/2018.06.07-022605/https://www.anandtech.com/show/12907/we-got-a-sneak-peak-on-intels-28core-all-you-need-to-know

archive.today/2018.06.07-022714/https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-28-core-processor-5ghz-motherboard,37213.html

LMAO

Attached: intel-water-chiller.jpg (515x424 36.35 KB, 33K)

Will they have power supplies made specifically for these boards? That shit looks ridiculous.

Supposedly they used a 1600W psu for these rigs. EVGA is also going to release some 2200 ones soon.

So it has multiple 12v ATX connections, or are some of those meant to be PCIE power?

Here's a closeup video and from looks this is what was gleaned.

hooktube.com/watch?v=w5ZXlQefic0

Stallman be praised, that is truly a pants-around-the-ankles abject failure.

Man.

Check my fucking trips you no-fun quadruple nigger.

Here's the intel presentation in under 9 minutes.

hooktube.com/watch?v=H8a3x18x70Q

Featuring 5G, former NBA star Jeremy Lin, and the CEO playing the drums!

Yeah, stallman is no fun.

Hahaha, did they really think they could pull that off without people noticing? It's like the Mechanical Turk.

Isn't this the thing Terry wanted? A waterchilled gazillion-core Intel processor to run the Temple?

The average cost of electricity in the US is 12 cents per kilowatt-hour. This thing would pump your electricity bill up $138 per month if you were running it at full speed. Who knows how much it uses while idle, but it's certainly not going to be nothing.

Damn it feels good to be a leaf.
I would feel bad for the Danish if it weren't for their highly attractive women.

Attached: elec_prices_relative_to-pp__large-copy-6.png (587x628 19.81 KB, 18.96K)

So that's a yes on needing snowflake PSU in order to run.

LOL the power companies are marking up the price so much. In relation to how much hydro costs, they would be making somewhere between 20-30 times the amount they paid for it.

Jesus, at this rate Intel's going to put a crater the size of the moon in Israel by testing their CPUs. It's like the Pentium 4 all over again.

Intel really wants to hold onto the nuclear reactor core crown from the bulldozer days.

Is it time for the return of kryotech?

Attached: inside.jpg (500x426, 23.79K)

If it comes to that then technology is regressing. Whether that regression allows work to get done faster to push research ahead is unknown, but if technology stagnates to the point that sub-ambient cooling conditions are necessary, then it's bad news.

Americans will eat it up and ask for seconds, they are already paying 20 times more for the internet.

Electricity and Internet are way different. Americans will riot because of electricity. Internet, who gives a shit.

This is a joke, and Intel fanboys are all over the internet saying AMD is just as bad because they cherry pick benchmarks, lmao.

This is completely embarrassing and it's going to make it really easy to find the people who think they know stuff when they don't. It's also obvious which sites are shills because they're Brown nosing Intel and defending this and down playing it

Even their shills are abandoning them.

Attached: 28 Cores of Bulls!t - Intel's 5GHz Parlor Trick.webm (1280x720, 14.73M)

I'm usually the one calling Freetards retarded for their cringey TMZ-tier coverage of Intel, but this is actually pretty hilarious and sad at the same time. They had an entire year to plan for this. I'm wondering why they put that up at all. They could've gone through the show just with their new battery-saving tech and dual-screen laptops or whatever and they would've been just fine but Christ

Attached: 13707797_611736272329705_748450333620110304_n.jpg (439x442, 12.94K)

But user, look at his great vrm cooler!

Attached: vrm-cooler.png (669x349, 347K)

5ghz watercooler told!

Even if it didn't require chilled water cooling its still useless for many applications since it still only has 6 memory channels.

But do you really want them taking out thousands of kilometers of neighboring land, and blanketing the rest of the planet in eternal darkness and nuclear fire in the process? The last event like that reduced the earth to magma and created the moon. Extinction of all life is pretty much guaranteed in such a scenario.

Or maybe, just maybe, people should just stop creating apps based on Electron, and also remove harmful features from HTML/CSS.

Extinction of life has happened numerous times on earth. There have been numerous epochs of global cooling in the past that caused earth to become a literal frozen wasteland complete with frozen oceans.

I'm fully aware. Those occured slow enough for life to adapt, or weren't catastrophic enough to kill everything. Having a significant percentage of the surface ejected into orbit or the entire surface reduced to magma is different however. Either way, humans would be unlikely to survive any scenario. The impact responsible for creating the moon certainly didn't leave anything but the hardiest of microbes, however.

Uh, that is a great VRM cooler, what are you implying?

at least we have "green" energy LOL

Want to read something cringeworthy?
slant.co/versus/10828/18138/~electron_vs_qtcreator-qt

What's particularly cringeworthy about that? Sure, it's pretty stupid to want to use something because of its update frequency, but that's normal among normalfags and proponents of the soy-powered development model.

The idea that nukes are capable of ending all life is just silly. They are disruptive to be sure, but unless you live in a major city, the biggest danger you'll face in a "nuclear holocaust" is your fellow man panicking and becoming violent.

As far as global destruction goes, the best we could hope for is managing to trigger an ice age (that's overdue anyways) due to a small temperature change.

Attached: Muh_nuclear_fallout.png (2391x795, 761.39K)

Imagine if they could make computers without having to pander to gamers.

Nuclear holocaust is good because once it happens, people will hear "le holocaust" and think about nukes instead of kikes. Also because all useless retards and niggers will be killing each other.

I'm talking specifically an explosion which would create a crater the size of the moon. Regardless, current nukes are really just a regional threat individually- though you could theoretically crack a moon with one if the yield was retardedly huge.

is that a thing?
Soy Driven Development?
where can I find some info about it?

One or two nukes aren't going to affect more than the local bomb region. 2000+ nukes all going off within the span of 10 minutes of each other will most certainly cause a nuclear winter.

Attached: Farenheit451.jpg (1120x630, 156.27K)

Stop perpetuating this myth. It's been disproven countless times.>>926490

Why do you still deny the nuclear winter of the 2000's

Attached: 1463501776382[1].jpg (640x480, 81.05K)

quora.com/Is-nuclear-winter-a-myth

Here's a good rundown.
It has sources everywhere. Literally kiddo, stop using Hollywood knowledge, and read any post-1970 book on nuclear survival.
Also, kys.

the absolute state of Zig Forums

Attached: giant impact hypothesis.jpg (733x550, 31.68K)

(((tripfags))) deserve the ridicule they get

Back to cuckchan, nigger.

But talking about kike consumerist shit instead of actual interesting subjects IS bad. Tripfags are cancer.

>irrelevant cuckchan (((tripfag)))
Better find another tripcode, lest your idiocy be attached to it forever.

Stop being so mad, nig/g/ers. Your newfaggotry is showing.
>>>/reddit/

Attached: Oekaki.png (500x250, 4.37K)

shut the fuck up

You're not very good at samefagging, are you? You'll have a much better time if you don't try to force your way into somewhere you are not welcome. My suspicions of you being a cuckchan refugee are becoming more solidified by the second. So long (((triplefaggot))), missed you shall not be.

Take metafag with you, okay? The board has been a bit shit since he and you rapefugees showed up. There's been a great influx of tripfaggotry and consumer electronics threads since the beginning of the year, and cancerous ((("anons"))) like you are certainly a likely cause as to why.

Quickly- back to the aids-riddled webpage of your origin, you're a fucking insufferable faggot.

(checked)
Look here. Yes, tripfags are a cancer, but they are attention whores by nature and would go away relatively quickly if idiots like you didn't reply to them all the time and give them attention. Just filter by trip. It's convenient; they give us a unique identifier to filter them by.

Back where you came from, hypocrite.

Attached: Oekaki.png (500x250, 1.06K)

This is all I read

There really isn't much to say about this, other than it's a garbage fire CPU that (((intel))) decided too late was unfit for public demonstration. They might not even release it if it is really that bad. Unless they downclock this thing to 800 megahertz or similar speeds

That sure worked out the past 3 months the tumblrchan sodomite's been bunkering here.

100-200 years ago, probably not, but I'm pretty confident that with the current level of technology, we could survive global freezing if it didn't happen over night. And if the transition took a decade or more the odds would get drastically higher. Saw this presentation by the black science man and basically the one thing humans are willing to spend almost infinite amounts of money on is survival. Generating heat and isolating from cold isn't that hard, isolating from heat and "generating" cold is way harder.

Quite questionable, but the point you present is very self-evident looking at human society and behavior. If all methods of preserving biological life fail, it is theoretically possible for man to be contacted as digital and mechanical beings assuming technology is able to develop far enough beyond that point. Now that I think about it, was that not the basic plot of that project Tyson Tan was working on?

Good luck producing significant amounts of food on a snow ball planet, though. Maybe with hydroponics?

Do you think that responding to the faggot is somehow going to make him go away faster? If everyone filtered him by name and trip, his effect would be reduced to zero and it wouldn't even be relevant what sort of faggotry he posted. Or you can report every one of his posts for "derailment", Zig Forums mods have fairly recently started banning people for that.

>hooktube.com/watch?v=w5ZXlQefic0
What a waist of hardware. No one will ever use all this to it's full potential and I'm betting that the manufacturers knows that and they don't even test their hardware correctly.

I guess I phrased it poorly. What's less self-evident with all those individuals that spend lots of money on pointless shit is that as society are not willing to spend large amount of money on anything unless it can be argued to be for our survival.

No it isn't that hard bu generating heat ask for a lot of energy, and modern isolation also needs shitons amount of energy to be produced.
Growing food in a closed environment also ask for a LOT of energy and every bio-dome experience that was done for simulating a closed environment showed that replication failed because we still don't understand the complexity of how it works.

While these two guys are arguing about nukes and extinction, I'm going to point at this Intel chip and laugh. It's netburt/P4 all over again. I can't wait for AMD to drop the 7nm chips. Inte's 10nm delayed, and low yeilds - AMD is about to destroy Intel.

Anyone still shilling for intel is a retard. Anyone shilling AMD over intel is a double retard.
The botnet feeds retards.

That presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBKX-6Gz6A

I swear if all the consumerist faggots could have a glimpse on the size of the screen that they would need to begin to see the imperfection of the image they wouldn't buy such meme.
WAKE ME UP!

But this is not a closed environment. You don't really need to worry about oxygen, the pressure outside, your equipment doesn't need to take Mars' weak E-M protection into account nor does it need to not be heavy as fuck (so you can have as many nuclear reactors as humanity can make), your budget is practically unlimited and you can afford to store up fuckton of food in advance to give yourself plenty of time to figure it out.

Anyone here going to buy that 28 core? Looking great for AfterEffects.

then technology would still be stuck 20 years in the past you fucking shortsighted moron

But Gamers are the demographic that give us such memes as

Gamers are the ones holding back progress do not pretend otherwise. They're like tripfag cancer on steroids. We'd all be better off if the majority of them never migrated over from Xbox Live and PSN.

Attached: 03edd5456d129db4498cbcf39e0f6a2db74dffb65cdef01e8f41af3c29148c26.jpg (436x348, 31.18K)

I see Intel stepped up their stock cooler.

Intel will sell this CPU without a cooler and then tell people to buy a chilled cooler on their own, or else they can keep running it at the stock 2.4ghz with a closed loop cooler. Air coolers not allowed.

Attached: intelFire.png (700x1521, 1.17M)

I don't think anyone ever said that. It's more about them ending all civilization. Which to most people not living in third world shitholes basically means all life, I guess.

But they're the first ones who fall for the retarded 60fps meme

Except the part where they were literally the primary economic driving force of many, many advances.

They'd still be gamers...Are you just pretending to be retarded?

Nothing has advanced except bloat and technicals to support the bloat. Games are far worse than they were in the 90's.

hooktube.com/watch?v=ozcEel1rNKM

youtube.com/watch?v=3H6hnFV-nDU

Yeah, graphics totally haven't made huge advances or anything. It's not like that would be at all related in any way to advances in processing power or anything crazy like that anyway lol.

literally...
Not only your computers had always been infected with botnet but so does your brain.
that's the hint.
ephipany is yours for the taking or choose the botnet life (c).

2200W PSU? Standard USA 15A 120V power outlet isn't capable of running that. Even a 20A 120V (the ones with the sideways prong, in workshops, to run machine tools and such) would be pushing the limits. So you're going to have to have a dedicated 15A or better 240V circuit installed to actually use one of these to its full (no pun intended) potential.

Literally cheap chink aquarium cooler. Not even meant for computers.
KEK

Jesus christ riding side saddle on cold-fusion powered motorcycle. This thread has degenerated into flat earther / moon hoaxer / nuclear tech is fake madness. Why does this board such a fucking dumpster fire?

lmao Jewtel BTFO again
AMD is on a roll, and it's beautiful

Attached: 1400170127021.jpg (691x771 1.25 MB, 111.66K)

If kikes are taken out once and for all, I'm fine with that

Good thing civilised European plugs easily take upwards of 3kW. 2.5kW electric kettles are actually pretty common here.

It's a 1 Horsepower / 740W pump. They don't make those for personal computers.

Chrono Trigger
Requirement:
snes

Chrono Trigger
Requirement:
Processor: Intel Core i3 2.3GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: INTEL HD Graphics 530
Storage: 2 GB available space
Additional Notes: Supported resolutions: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960, 1280x720, 1360x768, 1600x900, 1920x1080.

oh no no no no
Look at insulation they are using some kind of liquid gas

...Okay?

Now they do.
t. Intel