The fuck is this shit?

Is this a trick to make you download a botnet or is FF legit a shit browser?

Attached: fuckisthis.jpg (756x595, 39.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

megatools.megous.com/
engadget.com/2017/12/16/firefox-mr-robot-extension/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

The answer to both of those questions is "yes", please strive to get to the point where you don't have to post stupid questions.

megatools.megous.com/
Has a lot of issues, but it's better than installing shitty software

both

Use megatools, it is available in gentoo repos (not sure about other distros)
Also don't make shit threads again fa/g/got

I use Waterfox and haven't seen this shit before, what's the upper limit? I'd have thought it would only be capped by RAM so with 8GB you'd have a 6-7GB cap.

Firefox proved they didn't care about their users when they installed a marketing-stunt extension for all their users, just to promote some TV show.

An FBI honeypot posing as a file hoster
Yes
Yes

Make Ethiopia Great Again uses an asinine way to download files, utilizing browser buffers instead of just letting you download the fucking file

explain more?

If you were to do that you'd just get an encrypted file. It does things differently to let you decrypt the file on your end.

Just use the CLI megatools suite like a non-retard.

engadget.com/2017/12/16/firefox-mr-robot-extension/

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this.
And did it go through any code security audits?

(((Who))) could be behind this post?

it takes fucking hours

Was this installed automatically? I've never seen it

It's like glowniggers said "If we could make a TV show to MK-ULTRA a generation what would we do?"

>engadget.com/2017/12/16/firefox-mr-robot-extension/

What he could be bothered to post from his own link was:
You have to (be part of Firefox channels whatever that is) AND (NOT read the T&C ) AND (forget you're part of Firefox channels) for the promoware extension to installing itself being a suprise to you.

*couldn't be

so its literally nothing?

gecko is a clusterfuck, Pozzilla should switch to webkit.

niggernet exploder should switch over too.

Webkit is shit. Gecko is the best engine out there.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE

possibly but why would you download some proprietary bullshit anyway? you're just asking to be pwned
Yes, but this is not the reason. Mega is implemented through a hack that just so happens to work on certain browsers and not on others. Then again any "web application" in existence shares the same problem, but this is on a different level.

TELL THAT TO FIREFUCKS HOGGING ALL THE MEMORY ON MY SYSTEM
Firefox has only SLIGHTLY gotten better in terms of using up all available memory within reach, but hell if I leave a thread open with 300+ posts then it goes right to shit again.
Only recently while browser 8ch, is sometimes when I open a thread or the catalog on one board my cpu goes apeshit and the tab becomes unresponsive, tasks show that "Web Content" is using up 28% cpu, and it may not be the tab I opened that caused the issue but the tab I opened FROM! It might be 10 minutes or more before the usage drops and the tab finishes loading, so I have to kill that process several times before I can do anything else.
So what the fuck, is firefox surveying me or is 8ch running a crypto miner?

OPs is a faggot sperging over l-users and nothing, but FF is botnet.

In what metric? Explain yourself.

It's the Zig Forums programs written in Javascript. Disable your Javascript in that thread and tell me what you get.

But MEGA extension/client is free software, what do you guys sperg about?

Features, user control, control over what websites push to you, customizability. Literally everything other than speed is where gecko beats WebKit and blink.

it's because 8ch javascript is absolutely bloated shit