Youtube taking down nonprofit channels because they won't show ads

hooktube.com/watch?v=XKCCkrZzM98
archive.fo/qRwDH (something something EU vote, I'm not sure if/how it's relevant, but the fact remains this is fucking stupid.)
blendernation.com/2018/06/19/blender-foundation-youtube-update/

Youtube's setting up an idiot-level morton's fork, I personally think this is the results of an (((executive decision)) that aims to squeeze every last nickel out of big-viewership channels.

Attached: Oekaki.png (500x250, 5.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blender.org/media-exposure/youtube-blocks-blender-videos-worldwide/
archive.is/158Nb
archive.is/pD9a9
archive.is/Qj8Bc
blendernation.com/2018/06/19/blender-foundation-youtube-update-video-blender-org/
video.blender.org/videos/watch/b37a5b9f-e6b5-415c-b700-04a5cd6ec205
paste2.org/WxbhGUhC
archive.fo/QeQbU
maly.io/@marsxyz/100238529160975126
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/4163
github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/223
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

holy fuck I need to finish writing before I post. I did this sober, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Yeah what the fuck is this retard shit?

You really think it's free to host a video on youtube? Why should they let you upload shit there if it's costing them money?

Ask for a sub then.. oh wait their entire business model is free hosting.

Yeah but blender did nothing wrong, you can create public domain videos on youtube with no advertisements that interrupt the video and refuse for monetization.

that's the reason I suspect (((executive decisions))).

More proof that YouTube should be put in a Community trust. Corporate Penny Pinchers are the worst.

you don't own nothing goyim

Peertube has plenty of instances, but no one fucking seeds so expect watching videos at 360p.

Never heard of Peertube.
But I have heard of bitchute. Will bitchute ever take off? I hear they're even trying to get p2p livestreaming working.

Blender's own films are also available as torrents.

Also OP you forgot to post the Blender Foundation's own words (includes background):
blender.org/media-exposure/youtube-blocks-blender-videos-worldwide/

Now the remaining big-name non-profit non-political organizations with official JewTube accounts have time to reconsider.

I don't understand why people just don't use FOSS P2P apps like bitchute/peertube and then leave a jewtube channel up to advertise your videos. Also I can't emerge bitchute or peertube in gentoo. Why is that?

A spokesperson (actually PR staff) for JewTube says:
>Videos on a limited number of sites have been blocked as we updated our (((partner agreements))).
What do you mean by (((accidentally))) JewTube?

In the meantime, Framasoft suggested their own product PeerTube to both affected organizations, which the latter did.

Thanks for the info user. We need a viable alternative to Jewtube urgently. It's hard to fathom them taking down something as wonderful as Blender from their site.

Bitchute was using Stripe as a payment processor and recently had their service cut off because they host bad goy content.

Startup = sellout
archive.is/158Nb

Freestartr-Stripe update
archive.is/pD9a9

Darkstream: Stripe and Operation Chokepoint
archive.is/Qj8Bc

It looks like Ton is experimenting with Peertube in response to this debacle, and has a crowdfunding effort in place now. Hopefully Blender's stature can bring some relevance to both Peertube and the crowdfunding platform they've apparently chosen. I wish him Godspeed

blendernation.com/2018/06/19/blender-foundation-youtube-update-video-blender-org/

I would recommend using youtube-dl at this point for Peertube videos. For example
sudo youtube-dl -Uyoutube-dl video.blender.org/videos/watch/b37a5b9f-e6b5-415c-b700-04a5cd6ec205

Pre-downloading Peertube videos to your drive will eliminate any p2p network latency issues.

That's the work of Framasoft though.

Ton tweeted out the six-page PDF of the contract JewTube forced upon the Blender Foundation. I have managed to pastebin all its contents.
paste2.org/WxbhGUhC
archive.fo/QeQbU
Find through the legalese the "if you still refuse to monetize for long for the first time, (((consequences))) are abound for you" part.

THE BLENDER FOUNDATION'S JEWTUBE VIDEOS ARE BACK ONLINE!

So most of the "support desk people" he's saying are more or less pajeets.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-06-20-at-10.34.06-289x512.png (289x512, 84.96K)

More like PajeetTube :^)

Attached: 001.png (978x50 12.09 KB, 5.27K)

but
MUH WORLD CLASS ENGINEERS

Peertube is an awful idea it's repercussion if widely used are going to be worse than youtube itself. We already have an example with the replacement of twitter that is mastodon which made things even worse since mastodon is maintained by some greedy and political idiot who's being manipulated.
A problem with peertube is that it's first in the browser instead of using a simple torrent client. Another one is that it's still not using anonymous protocols.

How much do you bet that MS, who coincidentally had influence in mastodon, is also part in the peer tube shilling ?

Can someone explain to me how Jewtube's ad system works in detail?
I was under the impression that every Video has a short ad playing before it, with monetized videos also having ads/popups during the video itself.

Attached: __cirno_touhou_drawn_by_space_jin__19af8d8ea3bb684e41fc875ef0dd8678.jpg (580x800, 127.71K)

If make an account without ads then there's no ad to the people to will look at your vids.
If make an account with ads then there's ads to the people to will look at your vids.
If you still have ads to vids who's channels does not propose ads then your browser/computer is botnet.
Are you using google chrome or any addons ?

Isn't peertube made by framasoft ? From what I read framasoft was the only entity who proposed free software alternatives too google in France. They are the ones who made the "DĂ©googlisons Internet" aka remove google from the internet movement in France. They don't seem to be "bad" guys.

Peertube is owned by libshit controlled opposition.

that's not how free software works retard

free software doesn't make copyright magically disappear.

Yes it does and your post shows that you don't understand copyright or social nigger cattle movement.

How does it feel getting BTFO by people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about?

Nowadays it doesn't mean much to be from left or right, it's generally used in tribalistic mindsets.
But I'm skeptic about framasoft from my research they were out of money a few years back before miraculously getting funding's. I've found that there's some relations to Webber who shills for it with mastodon and activitypub. This is really a bad mix of tools in my opinion, if these tools are made it's not going to be great for privacy and anonymity.

user please don't be so aggressive to other people there's no point into that except masturbating your own ego for proving him wrong.
Want to help ? Show how copyright works.

Fuck youtube
They been even more garbage this year pushing the same "SELECTED" shit over and over again

I remember a time when you could be sitting all day because the recommendations was so good

Paid shills tend to ignore advice, user. Pay them no heed.

The last time I visited Jewtube without adblockers and such was some 5-6 years ago
Back then shutting off the adblocker resulted in a video ad on practically everything, even random animu OSTs and old YTPs
Videos hosted by outwardly monetized channels however also had these little text popup ads, which did not appear on non-"monetized" videos.
I've never found an option to disable/enable ads in my filthy peasant channel options as I assumed YT would host video ads(the 5-30 second skippable commercials playing before the actual video) on everything to keep itself running financially, with affiliate channels getting additional ads on their videos in return for a tiny bit of ad revenue.
Am I retarded?

Attached: [HorribleSubs]_Gegege_no_Kitarou_(2018)_-_02_[720p].mkv_snapshot_04.28_[2018.04.08_16.19.46].jpg (1280x720, 405.46K)

Many years ago I had a youtube channel that got like 50 views. On uploading a video you had an option to add ads. I think you needed a google adsense account or something.
Anyway I never did because 50 views. Then one day some troll company claimed copyright on my videos and put ads on them I disputed and months later I got an email saying they took the ads off.
I always assume the "youtube" ads were playing in the boxes on the right/wherever they are now and all other ads are added by the uploader.
Please like, subscribe and comment below if you agree or disagree.

It can only be done at the creation of the channel.You can't change it afterwords.
If you have a vid that shouldn't have any ads on it then you have malware or configure your browser in really bad ways. Try it.Install Trisquel and use abrowser configured per default on a vid who shouldn't show any ads and you won't have any ads.

top jej

Attached: NSA.png (1414x876 11.73 KB, 68.17K)

How much do you make on youtyube having 300k views a month ?
Im asking because im watching a few gaming channels
and its so obvious they are just grinding for views about 10k per video or even less.

Use socialblade on them.

very usefull site
thx

I wondered why they picked Blender of all channels, but... Blender starts with a B. They probably are doing this alphabetically and Blender is the first non-monetizing channel with clout that they hit.

Don't attribute to malice what you can to comical systematic business practices.

Did you make research on how they received money ?

Yeah and don't take for facts something without proof.

What is proof? Something someone said to you that counters my position?

Prove it.

kek. did you check out the channel user? what are the videos like?

maly.io/@marsxyz/100238529160975126
They can't even come and try to respond what a bunch of bourgeois.

Tnat was specualtion.

Well for one, a simple torrent client can support peertube videos as if you were viewing from the browser. It's called WebTorrent.

And the other problem is that other torrent clients like qBittorrent, etc can't support PeerTube because libtorrent doesn't support WebRTC. Vuze is the only other "already existing" torrent client that can support PeerTube.

To add to this, qBitTorrent has a "sequential download" option which lets you download video in-order, thus watch it while downloading. The same thing that webtorrent does.

Assuming half the views blocked ads, then you're looking at .03-0.4 USD per 1000 views, depending on ad type and the ads themselves as well as how many ads you put. You can always partner with a company and make a sponsorship agreement which would give you significantly more.

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/4163
github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/223
This is the problem specifically.
If you try seeding a peertube video from qbittorrent you're in a different swarm from the video player's.

You’re just pulling facts out of your ass, nobody needs to respond seriously to your bullshit.

It's fucking botnet. Webrtc has more bugs and backdoors then you can shake a jewgle at. Why isn't it just directing the video to your player of choice ala vlc or mpv?

Oh shit ignore me, it's only using webRTC for downloading the video itself. webRTC is still botnet though.

YouTube is tanking itself. Nothing they can do will make it profitable. It is to be operated at a cost. I thought the point of YouTube was facial analysis and various intelligence gathering?

Youtube is a mess of shitty automatic algorithms and pajeet support desk. It's a system designed to be autonomous and anonymous. If you get hit by their fuckups then you get screwed unless you are big enough on the platform to raise a stink.

Attached: 17d89dc8084dfbbda530229c7d80b217abec7b94169f73e428627f404204cc8c.png (235x237, 30.08K)

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-22 08-04-53.png (1920x1080, 41.98K)

Why don't you stay in /v/?

why do they let you do that if they dont really want it? they could just remove that option

It'll be great when libtorrent finally adds support though. Hopefully somebody is working on it github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/223

I have this same fucking problem. Somehow i was able to keep using the old layout but accidentally cleared my cookies and now i'm stuck with new one. It literally takes 30+ seconds for titles, descriptions, and related videos to load and more for comments, all while the video itself loads instantly and usually plays completely before anything else loads. I don't understand how they could fuck this shit up so badly.

As far as I can tell, it's based on UserAgent.
Using Chromium or Firefox with JS disabled gives that layout.
Meanwhile, Mememoon goes to the legacy layout, same with w3m.
But why bother with all that shit? Use youtube-dl and if you need to see the comments (sometimes they're useful) use hooktube and fetch the comments.

If you want the old layout and want to be able to clear your cookies every session then download script manager like ublock or greasemonkey and add this to it
(function() { 'use strict'; function start() { var cookie = getPref(), pref = "f6=8"; if(cookie === "fIsAlreadySet") { return; } else if(cookie !== "noPref"){ for(var i = 0; i < cookie.length; ++i) { pref = pref + "&" + cookie[i].key + "=" + cookie[i].value; } } changePref(pref); } function changePref(values) { var d = new Date(); d.setTime(d.getTime() + (100*24*60*60*1000)); var expires = "expires="+ d.toUTCString(); document.cookie = "PREF=" + values + ";" + expires + ";domain=.youtube.com;hostonly=false;path=/"; location.reload(); } function getPref() { var cookie = document.cookie, splitC = cookie.split(";"); for(var i = 0; i < splitC.length; ++i) { if(splitC[i].trim().indexOf("PREF") === 0) { if(splitC[i].trim().indexOf("f6=8") > -1) { return "fIsAlreadySet"; } var c = [], splitValues = splitC[i].substring(5).split("&"); for(var k = 0; k < splitValues.length; ++k) { var splitV = splitValues[k].split("="); if(splitV[0] !== "f6") { var kv = {}; kv.key = splitV[0]; kv.value = splitV[1]; c.push(kv); } } return c; } } return "noPref"; } start();})();
Or you could just be a sane person and use youtube-dl and use a search engine to find hte video you want.

Well youtube is a private company that hosts videos, hosting videos is expensive.

If you don't like it, host your own videos and pay for your fucking bandwidth. But don't complain that a company that allows your business for FREE starts cucking you.

Looks like we got ourselves a shill here. Just kidding man. I hear what you are saying, but Google is fucking dumb. They built their empire around search and providing ads around search results. No one searches for shit anymore, and no one looks at ads anymore. It's really Google not adapting to the world they created, so they can just bite a shiny shekel and get fucked.

Judging by your art you could spend a bit more time on Blender's youtube channel.
All the same, what in the actual fuck? The worst part of Youtube is the commercials and now they are forcing them on channels that don't even want them?

Go to hell, Google.

Holy shit, THANK YOU! I had another profile that still had older cookies and still used the old layout but couldn't figure out how to migrate it to the other. That script works great as long as cookies are enabled. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I just don't get why people are mad.

Youtube is not this magical thing, is just a fucking video hosting platform. They have always been shit, and they all die.

Want a good service?

Build your own website, host your own videos (or pay a company to host them for you, Vimeo has a nice plan that allows you to host a lot of shit for 10 bucks a month). Market it yourself: pay for ads, or go door to door telling people to watch your shit. Find your own advertising deals to monetize your shit, or find other more creative ways to make people want to give you money.

None of that shit is easy or cheap. Youtube makes it all easy and free, but at a cost of course.

Youtubers are just social vermins trying to brainwash the youth. Youtube is not the bad guy here, the lazy fucks that don't understand business 101 are.

Get lost.

Did you know that Youtube hasn't made profit ever?

All their existences they have operated at a lost. Video hosting is so fucking expensive, the ad-revenue model is not enough to sustain it.

I don't care. Do you know how much money they pull in from banks, insurance companies, venture capitalists, and other investors?

Listen kid, I know you are sad because your favorite memetuber said that he's starving. But he's an idiot.

Google doesn't own this world jackshit, if they don't want to burn money on Youtube they don't have to. Google is not a charity, and Youtube is not the result of sheer altruism.

And if the world became so fucking dependent of youtube to the point that we are mad at it, we just failed as a society.

I don't care, Google. You get money from all kinds of investors. That's your business model. Now shut up and move on.