What cool shit do you do with your Pi3/Pi Zero? I'm running out of ideas

What cool shit do you do with your Pi3/Pi Zero? I'm running out of ideas

Attached: 500px-Raspberry_Pi_Logo.svg[1].png (500x632, 50.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

micheloosterhof.com/cowrie/
github.com/DShield-ISC/dshield
hackster.io/pranciskus/internet-radio-station-f0bdc1
piratebox.cc/
steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@faras/eth-and-btc-price-ticker-on-raspberrypi
zeglo.serveo.net/
zeglo.serveo.net/viewer
zeglo.serveo.net/phpmyadmin
zeglo.serveo.net:5601/
zeglo.serveo.net:8080
pi-top.com/
pine64.org/?page_id=3707
github.com/jasperproject
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Host CP

This thread again? I swear one pops up every few weeks.

WRITTE networked multi-user LISP MACHIINE WITHOUT SYSTEMD tht ships with text editor ENTRILELY in COMMON,LISP

prove all mockers wrong! fati of LISP comunity of k0ol rests on u user

It's an Intel shill, xhe makes the same threads on cuck chan and across the Internet.

It's an especially dumb thread because the Pi is quite powerful enough to serve as the sole computer for most people these days.

I recommend making sure it doesn't get bumped.

I have an Onion Omega2+ with a 32GB microsd but I have no idea what I want to run on it. I was trying to get Pleroma to run but Elixir is too much of a pain to setup on OpenWRT.

hi

I use a couple as set-top boxes running retropi and kodi, i have one i use as a flash/eeprom reader, and i used to use one as my home NAS server, but had to switch back to using an old tower because I used btrfs for the storage and once the array grew past 8tb some of btrfs's utilities started seg faulting due to only being 32 bit, then once it grew past 12tb it wouldn't mount at all.

How hard is it to get a camera hooked up to one? I'd like to do a DIY camera setup.

honeypot
micheloosterhof.com/cowrie/

if you're really lazy, there's this:
github.com/DShield-ISC/dshield

>>>/robowaifu/2267

your own vpn?, lookup pivpn

1. Number stations with online radio.
2. PirateBox filled with inclib.i2p books
3. Cryptocurrency price ticker (not just BTC)

Example:
hackster.io/pranciskus/internet-radio-station-f0bdc1
piratebox.cc/
steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@faras/eth-and-btc-price-ticker-on-raspberrypi

This, but unironically.

I was a kickstarter but i didn't buy the charger dock because it costed 3x what the omega costed

firewall

Not worth it

Vpn

I almost got one, but found other more flexible options. The footprint is great.

There's quite a few stuff you can do with it.

You can use it as a game console running emulators and enjoy lots of retro games in a small package.

You can build a arcade cabinet with it (tho I'm not sure it's the best way to do it)

You can use it as a server / VPN.

You can use it as a regular PC replacement, especially if you do only basic tasks on you computer, the Pi should provide you the essentials bureautic functions.

Also, you can use it to emulate a Amiga system.

And I guess there is far more, people used it in various way, gizmos, music projects, controllers, tho you may think about getting a Arduino for that.
Anyway, there is a lot of uses for a Pi, check google, Raspberry Pi forums and Instructables.

The PI camera is very good

said no one ever

Is there a cheap small single board computer with sata port and good wireless chipset or mpcie connector to add?
All Pi use cases are made-up bullshit, it doesn't even have a lvds/edp to turn it inot a laptop or pds, so people have to use ugly hacks like hdmi switch and gazillion of usb hubs.

The PI camera is very good

no

Orange or banana Pi

using kali as a portable pen tester

This

It's an ARM computer, that's it.
If you want to do something you can't do with a regular PC take advantage of its portability.
Is there even a discussion to be had in this thread?

Attached: srsly.jpg (151x298, 8.24K)

Bring in linked examples of projects.

I've seen handhelds and homebuilt robots being built with the Pi and other SBCs, but fucking legos been doing the robot stuff since the 80s.

What about game emulators and internet radio?

Emulators are very much necessary for the handheld gaming device projects, probably not so much for a PDA. I suppose Internet radio/streaming is likely possible both ways, I'm unfamiliar with some of that software however. Also, I'm convinced the video decoder on my unit is beyond fucked as the whole thing probably took damage from a fall- and I had the resolder the wifi antenna.

LEGO is for fags

Attached: mecanno.jpg (1024x817, 841.94K)

Makes me wanna play some Meccano right now, that shit was awesome.

test

i run my mumble:
mumble://zeglo.serveo.net

my UP/DOWNload:
zeglo.serveo.net/

my mumble viewer (via ICE)
zeglo.serveo.net/viewer

zeglo.serveo.net/phpmyadmin
my db

a webcam stream (I keep it off when not using it)
zeglo.serveo.net:5601/

and my nginx page im not doing anything on yet
zeglo.serveo.net:8080

what do you think?

is cool

cool looking tbh

Copycat the Pi-top but make it Pepes
pi-top.com/

I'm not an apple fag, but damn that laptop is thick. Couldn't they've just used the CM3 module instead?

That is some child-proof laptop

Jesus fuck, for that much money I can just hop into Walmart and buy a regular laptop.

What's so hard about just making a simple and cheap shell with a screen, keyboard, touchpad, battery and the necessary Pi connectors... most of which can be sourced from china for like $50 total. Why does every company that tries this have to go the DIVERSITY, YO! route with negresses everywhere and markup that would make Apple jealous.

It's designed for these gay-ass plugins.

Attached: v2-5-of-5.jpg (730x486, 103.26K)

I have one running RetroPie with every NES, SNES, Sega Megadrive, GB, GBC, GBA, N64, and Playstation game available on GGn. After OC'ing, the latter two have surprisingly little lag.

Another is running Pihole for network wide ad-blocking.

Considered setting another one up just inside my front door as a security camera that would send me an e-mail + photos after detecting motion, but my girlfriend doesn't approve. That, or one that plays nice music if someone goes into the bathroom, obviously replacing the camera with just a motion sensor...
Hopefully the next iteration has a network card powerful enough to run a usable pfsense.

Attached: 1369375698968.png (449x642, 450K)

any thing else?
like that spacechan.xyz thing?

>the Pi is quite powerful enough to serve as the sole computer for most people these days
THIS IS TRUE
All they do is email, facebook, twitter, and instagram, right?
- - - - - - -
One can either
or
Personally
I like to buy an older, but semi-decent used laptop at the pawn shop, take out the HDD, put in an SSD, then install a Linux Distro.
FUCK WINDOWS

Attached: __A_Happy_Windows_User.webm (480x272, 3.68M)

pine64.org/?page_id=3707

Attached: pinebook_prices.png (502x378, 47.94K)

Ram it up your ass.

You people are why this board is dead

It's got an SD card.

That's a very low price. Makes you think how much Apple overcharges for their chink shit.

That's what a NAS is for.

sad but true

Build robots

Raspberry pi is a fucking toy. It's for children and is only used for its portability. I'd you want to do REAL projects and lern REAL shit, use an arduino.

Can't run Linux on arduino, retard.

Can't run linux? So what?

Apparently you can run RiscOS on the pi, so that's something to try.

personal assistant

github.com/jasperproject

Tay > Cortana/Siri

Since this is a shit thread anyway, can someone tell me what the bottleneck for actual opensource hardware is?

sexbot that never consents

Patents.

Try running Quake on an Arduino, boomer.

My God, why GREEN -_-

Just got a Pi3 B+ and intend to use it with my ham radio for digital modes.

Attached: f95841840.jpg (420x470, 17.79K)

Call me when there's a 4.

Attached: f95954856.jpg (800x800, 131.84K)

well, what's a good sbc Zig Forums? raspberry pi's have always been shit compared to other boards with similar pricing and usb and ethernet are still on the same bus..

Attached: 1524771552.png (332x384, 146.15K)

i got orange pi one which way more cheaper.
used it for tt-rss server, slap rtorrent+rutorrent for rss leechbox, host discord bots on it. 32gb sdcard is just not enough, so i put old hitachi hdd 500gb on it to store downloaded files from torrent. transferring files done by syncthing whenever i'm on same LAN. worth the price & it's electricity usage i guess

Who is that nigger? Anyone use openSUSE on a pi 3 by the way? I want to know if it’s a viable desktop.

Pi-hole, especially if you're running windows.>>934640

It's okay if you run a lightweight desktop (lxde or i3 tier) and don't expect much

That’s what I’m expecting to do. LXQT so I can be a 1337 minimalist hacker man.

b/c Pepe ofc.

Which part of the word 'copycat' was the hard one user, 'cat'? Don't like their markup do it better yourself.

I'm about to turn one into a dedicated 24/7 internally-facing web server so that I can make some database-reliant utilities to use with between multiple computers.

I've been on the waiting lists for 8 months, I am starting to think they no longer exist.

Why would you want one of those anyway? Just get a single board computer and mess around with it.

What do you mean by don’t expect much?

It would make for a comfy non x86 OpenBSD laptop for my travels.
Look at the current state of arm laptops and tell me the the pine isn't appealing.

Attached: thestateofarm.png (1123x794, 508.66K)

kek you’re probably right.

The MNT Reform is kinda cool, for the trackball, and Cherry keyboard. And the iMX.6 is better than a Pi.

Openplotter, Windows KMS activator, seedbox

Have you ever wanted to hook up an LED cube to the pins and plot some surfaces? That'd be dope.

Oh I just looked it up. I thought it was like gnuplot. Well I'm a faggot.

It is a plebbitor invasion. He bought something shiny and cool because he saw few DIY youtube videos like a pajeet he is. He doesn't care about technology, only about tutorials and appearing more intelligent than his peers by immitating what he saw online.

Just ignore them and they will go away

If you have a 3d printer you can maybe make a case in shape of dildo for it and then shove it up your anus?

I dunno

Attached: giphy.gif (192x231, 347.87K)

Use it as a tiny desktop for shitposting and text editing. Unless you plan on streaming HD video or visiting JS heavy websites, it's pretty good as a basic internet machine. One thing I do recommend though is getting an 2.5' HDD and connecting it via a USB to SATA adapter. Amazon has kits and cases for that. It'll perform a hell of a lot better than an SD card and it'll last 10x longer.

Attached: 1528301340187.jpg (720x841, 36.09K)

Liberal states statistically have a higher pedophiliac crime-rate due to acceptance and non-ostracizing perspectives.

GO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF, I WILL LIGHT YOU ON FIRE MYSELF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

WHY IS TERRY A. DAVIS'S DEATH BEING CENSORED?