Oracle Linux now supported on 64-bit Armv8 processors

>theregister.co.uk/2018/06/25/oracle_releases_linux_for_arm/
Thoughts?

Attached: IMG_4503.JPG (442x293, 25.65K)

Call me when they support POWER9.

Just download Debian for fucks sake.

I'd rather not

What's wrong with Oracle? Genuinely curious not sarcastic.

Literally bigger patent trolls than CrApple

Patent nonsense, licensing bullshit (turning ZFS proprietary), them fucking up FLOSS projects they take over to the point of forks replacing the originals which have been around for a long time (OpenOffice, mysql). Also, discontinuing Sun's SPARC CPUs. I like our old SunOS machines at work.

Did I miss anything?

So basically they destroyed Sun and Java? Did you ever use Solaris before they changed it to closed source?

qemu > ur stupid shit

How does oracle even stay afloat?

It's mysterious, somehow Larry Elison manages to be one of the 8 richest people in the world.

pajeets

Government

Contracts

Take a look at who was chosen for building the backends used by the national healthcare shit mandated by Obama.

Mandatory private health insurance isn't exactly what I'd call a national healthcare system. In fact FDR had a word for describing when corporations take over the government and make it do their bidding: fascism.

Sounds like kike asshurt.

FDR also was the first president to expand the powers of the executive branch beyond what the founding fathers intended with his wartime executive orders. He had no business calling anyone fascists

Actually, you have the relationship backwards friend.

Abraham Lincoln and Woodrow Wilson both did that before him though.

Reminder that Larry Ellison will cry himself to sleep tonight if you remind him that he will never be richer than Bill Gates.

Or if you remind him that he wont live long enough to see the fruits of the billions hes spent on life extension research.

You are an idiot.

And Jackson before them. We can try to make a lineage of the accumulation of power under the executive branch all day long, but the fact is that FDR strengthened the executive branch's purview so much that him calling anyone a "fascist" is laughable.

No, that would be Andrew Jackson, and many others after him. Agreed though, in fact FDR's first programmatic response to the Great Depression (and not the New Deal we're familiar with) was fascistic in nature, somewhat like what was being done in Italy at the time. Not saying that he was an expert on facism, just that people in history would have described the so-called Affordable Care Act as fascist.

Kek, Oracle has a Linux? No wonder Solaris development has slowed to a crawl.

FDR was a communist faggot so of course he calls anything that's not the state taking everything over, fascism.