Likelyhood of finding programming job

What is the outlook for finding a programming job straight out of college?
Can community college suffice or do you need the degree meme to get anywhere with it?
Obviously location is a big factor, but generally around a major western city what are your chances?
I'm seeing the at least 3 years of job experience meme over and over again. Doesn't look too encouraging.
Last thing I want is to end up working minimum wage after college.

Attached: Help.gif (512x481, 631.15K)

Very easy, but it's going to be Java, C# or webdev. Don't expect to work with C++ or C straight out of college, or even to work on anything interesting for the first few years of your career.

I don't have uni and work as c++ dev, although I only know one other person like me here. Everyone is still in uni or after.

Speaking for my university:
It's pretty much impossible to not find a decent job that you can start the day you graduate unless you never did any work during summerbreak (and even then it'd be unlikely). Talk to your professors, companies will often come to them if they're looking for someone.

Basically, start sucking.

Truth is, everyone is struggling in all sectors. Be prepared to do ANYTHING for that job, as long as you are willing to work harder and for less money than some self taught from India you are guaranteed a career out of college. Unless you are female, you can make a high paid career out of being female, calling yourself female if your not might be a mixed bag though.

So you have no idea.

Not as a software developer, incel cuck

Neither do you, unless you traveled multiple countries trying to find a job in each one inside of a month after your graduation.

Let me rephrase this for you fucko. I can't go full NEET for 1-2 years to self teach programming. I need to be "doing something" meaning either working full time or at school full time.
I have zero connections so it is literally impossible to find a programming job now unless I can put together an impressive portfolio. My skills are lacking to be able to do that at this point.

Nobody is going to go like "lol let me hire you even though you have no programming education, job experience, or portfolio" in a shitty economy that has an over abundance of people desperate for work. Currently companies are in the position to be demanding several years of experience for all entry level jobs.

No, as a female, I have no expectations for any female to develop software, that's just stupid.

I have one female coworker and she does just fine. Don't let the sexual frustration get to your brain too much.

I'm sure she gets all the help she needs from the white knights of the office, probably you.

stop projecting, incel cuck

Namefags are the worst cancer. Please return to cuckchan.

you're somehow even worse than the incels. didn't think that's possible

shut the fuck up tripfag and go unironically hang yourself already

Unless you know someone at the company, then yes, yes you do.

What are you sliding?

Age has no relevance. If you want other threads up top, then it's your own job to post something relevant there.

Somehow, you're supposed to count education as job experience.

Make a portfolio, like an artist. Do some projects, host the code on ShitHub, mention them in resume. As someone with that university degree: most of my coworkers had a different major. HR treats people with BSs as fungible. Though, the guy with the business degree had a portfolio of small projects to demonstrate that he could actually code.

Then know people at companies retard

Good advice, let me just do that.

*snaps fingers*

The software world is in real big demand, but is accurate. Expect to grab one of those jobs in a matter of days, though.

I'm employed right now, but it took ~6 months to find my first job because I only had a 3-month contract as work experience and almost every place I applied was looking for either 1-3 years of experience or >3.6 GPA to compensate.

Here's a fun experiment. If you're in college, apply to a couple jobs using a fake name on your resume and credentials as if you had just graduated. If you don't get any responses, then you have a problem you aught to solve sooner, rather than later.

All but impossible.

You can go right to work for any modern game developer if you show up in a LGBT Rainbow colored shirt that says "still with her!" on it, and you're obviously trying to look like the sex you're not. If female, shave head and wear fake mustache, if male, wear dress and wig.

This

I wonder if anyone in this thread saying it's easy even has a job.
Unless you are from the designated shitting streets of India, good luck. Now that I'm in the company I'm a good candidate for internal hiring, but I look around the cubicles and all I see is Pajeet everywhere. I listened in on a conversation between a Pajeet and one of the managers and the manager was having to explain to the Pajeet why his Java 6 code needs to be updated immediately. Pajeet couldn't understand why his poocode would ever need to be updated no matter how much this guy tried to explain that Java 6 is almost at end of support. The question I ask myself is: if my co-workers are gonna be street shitters this incompetent do I even want to be a software developer anymore?

haiyak pacento

This is basically exactly what was going through my head when I made this thread

My GPA wasn't close to 4.0 and I got the first job I applied for.
After I saw how awful my coworkers are I realized it's because they'll hire literally anyone.
The platform uses ~300GB of JVM heap space to serve ~30 users.
The only thing worse than shitty Java technologies is those terms will end up on my resume, I'm probably blacklisted from working anywhere functional.

Very good if you get good grades at a regular college. Community college I don't know.

Go to college, study hard, get good grades and do internships while you're at college. It's really that simple. Don't worry about "3 years experience", logically everyone started with 0 years so there must be some way.

Read the second line of what I wrote. It means that job was exceptional. Not of the norm.
To more seriously address the question, your employment prospect has everything to do with your local ecosystem. I'm in a hub city and I know exactly 1 person that is having trouble finding a tech job: he dropped out of college, didn't even take programming classes, and can't code at all. A filthy larper.
Grab the least shit job you can, and spend half your time at work improving your skills instead of working. Your coworkers will be spending half their time on reddit or facebook instead of working so you'll be on equal footing. Don't put in the extra blood and sweat for the company's benefit, you'll still be treated like shit.

Alright, how about anyone who went to college, studied hard (subjectively) and didn't get a job, reply to this post.

My degree is in Mathematics -- so maybe it's not that surprising, but I'm unemployed.

Where are you located?

Western USA.

Orange County?
We've an open position for someone that know how to code but will only do sysadmin work. Dumb requirements but whatever.

t. fellow math major

That's too far away, unfortunately. I have been a sysadmin in the past (first job) but I generally dislike it. Thanks anyways.

I was thinking in CS and related degrees, although I realize the thread didn't specify that.

My undergrad was in math. With a math degree you need to do extra work to tailor your skills and qualifications to a job, since math is very general. E.g. do a coding bootcamp, CS masters degree, or participate in open source. It might be surprising but coding competitions are a good way to get jobs, although competition is tough.

ummm, yes you can. what the fuck are you talking about

Likelyhood of finding programming job
If you're female: very easy
If you're male: you better be top of your game and even then it's still hard.
The main problem is women/feminists want office jobs, HR departments are mostly women, and we have things like diversity hiring.

What the fuck are you smoking? Have you even tried not being a NEET?

Not him, but I have. After about a year I gave up.

Wow thanks for this amazing advice. Let me just choose from my list of CEO best friends that I have dozens of and see which company I like best.

In some companies people get a small bonus if they indicate someone useful, you don't need to be CEO for that.

I still need to know people.

Attached: BCAA-Stack.jpg (423x409, 43.3K)

If you want a job in programming you better start pushing Trump to kick all of these street shitting H1-B's out of our country.

They don't belong here.
They are not needed.
They are an invading force.
They come here to take recruitment jobs to push specifically other street shitters.
They get interview positions to pose slightly different questions to Indian applicants than they do to white or black applicants.

Example: The "skills expert" street shitter in your interview asks you either "Detect if a string is a palindrome" or "Detect if a string can be a palindrome". They ask you the first question if you're white, and the second question if you shit on streets. The first one is 30 lines of code, the second is s = s[::-1]

They get managerial positions specifically to only hire Indians.
They shit out your company wall to wall with curry niggers and your company crashes outright.

Kick them out of the country and then think about getting a job that you can actually work in without ending up serving tacos because some racist cunts came into your country for the purpose of invasion.

You're not paying off that university debt until you do. That is the redpill in tech for how much hatred the left has for you, your kind, and your capability to have a family.

Deport all H1-B. Stop immigration. Repeal the 1965 Immigration Act.

If you live in India, and are ok with 20 US dollars a month, pretty damn high.

I honestly expect the majority of these jobs to be outsourced within 5 years. I wouldn't plan on making a career out of it, unless you plan on managing a bunch of shitskins in some hell hole of a country. That's what happened in the last dot com crash.

Too many street shitters and literal kids can do your job for $20.
programmer was worth it about 40~30 years ago !