Propaganda for Normies

What are some good phrases to catch the interest of normies and get them interested in technological issues? For instance, data privacy and free software?

I think the FSF does a good job of coming up with catchphrases, but that's probably solely the work of rms. "Defective by Design" and "Digital Restrictions Management" strike me as two effective phrases. In addition to libre and free software. What about degoogle? That tells people immediately what they do in order to practice better data privacy. Anyone have ideas similar to this? I feel that degoogle is too specific to a particular company, but it works as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1322916/Facebook-accidentally-outing-gay-users-advertisers.html
forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/02/16/how-target-figured-out-a-teen-girl-was-pregnant-before-her-father-did/
youtube.com/watch?v=-WmGvYDLsj4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Certainly not what the freetards are doing. Degoogle is a great phrase though.

I think so too.

If it's normies, slogans don't matter, they just need a hashtag and to be told that all their friends are doing it, too.

Normies will jump to closest botnet they can find. Braindeads should be hand-guided on individual basis. We can start by telling how to install PGP addons on their browser to encrypt their google emails for example.

Whatever you throw at them will be overshadowed by a billion dollar advertisement campaign that corrupts them 24/7. So you either stick to grassroots guerilla tactics of terrorism, get lucky when your opposition shoots themselves in the foot every once in a while or you're literally a genius in coming up with life changing slogans. Whatever you do...the future looks bleak.

I personally use "stop using any proprietary software RIGHT NOW."

FUCKING LISTEN TO THIS OP
This post illustraites what will actually fucking happen. This thread is just nothing but hopeless solutions to think they can solve a future that will inevitabely be Google only
WE HAVE SURRENDERED ALREADY. THAT IS WHY WE DON'T HAVE THREADS LIKE THESE

Thank you based realisticpillers. Well said.

OP you probably meant to post this on cuckchan. This board is for actual realists who are smart enough to realise that no tactic against Google will ever work. Suggest any alternatives you want, but all will be crushed under the boot of the mighty SV. Conform or be vaporized.

So now that OP got BTFO what can we discuss ITT?

LOOOOOOOL

The hardest blow needs to be hit at

Only way I see this breaking is to show that "nothing to hide" is false.
Everyone has something to hide. Politicians and political opponents especially.

Good suggestion. How about "everything to hide" coupled with an example search on Google like symptoms of HIV or something being sold to third party marketers who laugh at you or something.

See
We're done here. They fucking won. Go home.

Did any of you see the recent bill passed called the GDPR? They're not winning. They're beginning to lose, actually.

Actually read the text fag. This will only accelerate spying.

sell your cynicism and depression to someone who wants it, buddy
Otherwise keep to yourself and stay in the corner with other toddlers
If there is a slim chance, there is a chance and we should take it

Putting stories like these to the forefront of discussions should make people feel queezy and anxious about privacy issues

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1322916/Facebook-accidentally-outing-gay-users-advertisers.html
forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/02/16/how-target-figured-out-a-teen-girl-was-pregnant-before-her-father-did/

I got nothing for that.
Digital handcuffs.
Digital Restrain Order.
I suggest to stop saying free sotware. Software freedom is ok but "libre" even tho understandable isn't natural in the english language. Software ownership maybe ?
Yes and no it only tells that only google is the entity to avoid while there are others like qwant, bing etc... Degoogling isn't good enough because google isn't THE problem they are several bad search engines and the only way to mitigate it is with proxies meta search engine like searx plus "DE"googling as the connotation of removing and in marketing (and psychology) any connotation of removing is negative while saying for example that X services/product will ENHANCE your work, you mustn't bullshit people tho because the backslash is even worse in that case.
I'm looking for something with the word "meta" (in meta search engine like searx).

You might be able to get women on board with something having to do with their nudes leaking. Every girl between the ages of 12 and 40 has at least one nude selfie/mirrorshot on her phone, and plenty have all kinds of other shit they wouldn't want getting out: blowjobs, schlicking for Chads, fucking, cheating, painal, etc. Most women above 40 have that shit too.

Here's the trick. Women are such attention whores that if you tell them that the NSA/Cyber Command is fapping to their nudes, they'll probably imagine some square-jawed Chad in a military uniform finding them sexy and get off on it. You need to make them imagine instead an obese pajeet in the basement of Google HQ licking his curry-stained lips and jerking his cheesy little dick to her blowjob vids.

So not a phrase, maybe, but a drawing of the above scenario, with something like "Google or Facebook or Instashit or whatever employee fringe benefit: copies of the intimate photos on your phone." Followed by information about how the terms of service for those services (and the permissions required by the associated apps) basically strip them of all privacy.

I think their catchphrases are hit and miss. More miss than hit. A sign of that is how almost nobody--even people who agree with his aims--uses Stallman's cutesy little coinages except himself. Calling Uber "Guber", Facebook users "useds", insisting that piracy only takes places on the seas, not over P2P connections: he might be right, but nobody adopts his terminology.

The vast majority of neurotypicals have never heard of Stallman, and if you ask them if they've ever heard the slogans "Defective by Design" and "Digital Restrictions Management", the overwhelming answer will be "no".

Hello mister one person and his VPN!
I never thought I'd say this, but I actually prefer the lispfag

keep them OUT YOU FUCKING NIGGER

THIS
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Good point. You're not gonna simultaneously make people care about privacy and also redpill them. Take advantage of the beliefs of the average normie.
I'd like to highlight something here: even though the pro net-neutrality shit failed (because the people themselves weren't actually voting on it), they did have a LOT of support. Why? Because they knew how to market the idea to the masses, and appeal to their sensibilities. Go take a look at a lot of the pro net-neutrality sites and campaigns. See how they got a following, and perhaps take that into consideration when it comes to deciding how to create anti-botnet propaganda.

Yeah, I say we make pozzed gays fear being outed. The rest will trickle down from there.

This but without the defeatism.
The only way to beat them is memes. And memes are on our side. Lefties can't make memes, nor can glow in the darks herding the nigger cattle.
The only thing that can free someone from a prison that exists solely in their mind is memes.
If you want the year of the linux desktop to come draw pictures of smug pepes staring at their i3 desktops or whatever, that's how you heard the niggercattle to our side.

Attached: mpvsnap-02 Koyomi Flower (00:10:09.069) 0001.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

Linux is a kernel.

And GNU is one of its many userlands, aswell as never the only project that is part of one of them, and not even necessarily the biggest or most important of them.
We should give everyone credit by referring to it as Linux/Xfree86/BSD/Suckless/xbox/GNU. GNU is not a complete system by itself.
In 1992 Torvalds wrote Linux, but to have a complete fully free operating system the userland was missing. He came a long way, but was only almost there. In 1993 torvalds open sourced Linux and coupled the GNU project aswell as other miscellaneous utilities to his kernel, forming a fully free operating system.

I like you and all Stallman but nobody gives a shit and if you want credit where credit is due we need to relive the glory days of 30 seconds of television ads being reserved to crediting random entities that touched the source code once like it used to happen in BSDville. You could at least give things a decent name but you didn't, and now we call this computer operating system by the name Linux which satisfies everyone except you.

Guys, while a lot of this might be complete autism, I personally think that in this day and age, calling it GNU/Linux actually has some real meaning. There is this little thing called Android, and it uses the Linux kernel, but the rest of the components are non-GNU. Some are even proprietary! However, I have seen normies make the dangerously misleading claim that "Android is Linux!" It technically is, as it uses the Linux Kernel, but it shares nothing else with GNU/Linux distros, particularly their respect for your freedoms.
Because of this, we should say GNU/Linux, so as not to confuse it with the botnet that is Android, or other such projects. By saying GNU/Linux, we make it clear that yes, we are using Linux, but we are also using Free Software.

Oh and not even your maintainers give a shit. Go home. I didn't invite you to this talk, why are you even here? Go tell highschool students to peel stickers off their laptops.

You sure do seem mad, Linus.

Im a normie, convince me to use free software.

Just to clarify, most of the software I use is free. Now that I think about this whole issue more, I think the best way to convince people of using free alternatoves is making them better than their propietary counterpart. I just use the software that better fills my needs; it being free is nice, but it isbt important for me at all.

Don't! They will shit up Zig Forums.

This unironically, memes are very powerful in this generation.

Oh thank you. We hadn't thought of that.

You are probably depressingly right. The entire human race is retarded. I can no longer blame the politicians and the coorporations for exploiting the sheep. Now me and the suits give each other a nod of recognition when we meet. Once in a while I feel the urge to sneak into a normie house, dip their toothbrush in the toilet, take a piss in the waterheater and stick their smartphone between my buttocks and just observe as the time approaches the setting on their alarmclock.. how else could one possible bare having to live on the same planet as these un-free imbeciles?

I have given up! Fuck 'em all. As another thread suggested maybe we should move under sea. At least there you die if you are stupid enough to open Windows™.

Attached: bum-businessman.jpg (686x367, 67.85K)

Okay, the one with the smartphone sounded a little gay.. I ment it so that I put it back at their nightstand after. Though a little tingle in the arse first are not to be dismissed.

Now this is fine for as long as the free software community is actively and expediently working for the purpose of attracting the adoption from users. The problem with the idea that attracting users by developing free software to be "better" than proprietary software is that users will easily go the other way because freedom is not an ideal that is important to most users. This means when the free software community is not interested in playing mirror with proprietary software, then the users will simply use proprietary software.

The key is to encourage people that inconvenient freedom is more important than convenience that infringes on freedom. This is not an easy thing to do because the vast majority of society is only taught to judge software in one way: does the software do the job as conveniently as I'd like it? The thing about freedom is that freedom is always correlated with personal responsibility. The problem is that most people value the convenience that other people control more than freedom in which they are personally required to do more work.

youtube.com/watch?v=-WmGvYDLsj4

Why should we give normies the privilege of using our software?
They ruin everything they touch.
They're too stupid to even understand free software, so why let them use it?
Software like gpg or GNU/Linux should be reserved for us intellectuals.

Attached: samefag2.png (500x1500, 5.47K)

Here's a slightly less shitty propaganda, It's all depends on what kind of future you want to live. Most normies can't see the side effect in longer term how disastrous it would be if the user keeps using proprietary software. For most of us, we're sick and tired of being subjugated by megacorps that treat user ownership like crap.

Attached: FSF_30_720p-.webm (450x339, 4.73M)

this

You get to feel morally superior for your consumption choices.
Your consumption choices also involve the following fart sniffing benefits recycling old software, nostalgia, hardcore hacker rep, I'm not a sucker, I'm an idealist, I have a very high IQ, not a botnet, I'm practically a programmer, this software is perfect (in theory which is what matters).
And you can be surrounded by like minded "individuals" who all agree that you are just the best and the sheeple are ruining the world.
Above all though you get to learn that free does in fact not mean free through the beneficial process of indoct... I mean education.

in what fucking dimension are you on, I can't believe how well the right brainwashes people into believing they're "the good ones"

For the sake of argument, what is your definition of "the good ones"?

No. Stay in the panopticon, cattlenigger.

The free software movement is a matter of politics in the software that users use on their own computers. The free software movement isn't about the good or bad quality of the technology. The ideal of the movement is that when users have the freedom they deserve in the software they use on their own computer, users should take responsibility over themselves in order to practise that freedom. Users who need technical help operating the software and developing the software need to find skilled helpers to help them because that responsibility belongs to them.

Digital kikery. Call it what it is.

Tell them that the SPLC are filled with Nigs and Spics fapping to their photos and planning to use their personal data to rape them.

One step at a time, first Zig Forums then Zig Forums

Tell that to the EU. Meme ban = de-nazification = faggotry

You should live in Argentina and think things over

This guys knows that freedom does not exist. Struggle through self improvement exists.

That will fall flat absolutely, as civilization is built through division of labor.

Attached: D9AFDDA2-E47B-43A5-97B9-4420808F7266.jpeg (750x715, 187.43K)

The right we're dealing with isn't trying to censor language based on feelings.
Currently they're "the good ones".

It doesn't matter. Here is how normies act:
< Yeah, really creepy
< ...
They know they are letting themselves get fucked in the ass, but as long as they are getting fucked in the ass with lube they will put up with it.

The audio message is great, but the animation is trying way too hard and is too abstract and detached from the voice.

Normalfags do not care about privacy. This is true. We have to care for ourselves and for them by proxy.

Users who need technical help operating the software and developing the software need to find skilled helpers to help them because that responsibility belongs to them. Maybe the user has a friend who is willing to help them with the technical issues of the software. Otherwise, that user ought to hire a professional IT expert or computer programmer for help.

I care about cattle's privacy so I won't stick as much before.

Do you think you are special or something? You are rejected and separated to everyone else, so you are somehow superior? You remind me of that manlet from brave new world.

Stick as much? Lrn2english

Blocking ads is a gateway drug to maining Lignux. It's true.
I'm the computer expert in my circles. Everyone I help understands my conditions, and I always, always explain what I'm doing and why. You have to be good at explaining, translating, giving good analogies.
We block ads because their business model is spying on you. This is explained slowly, and genuinely realized and absorbed by the client. Most normal, adjusted people are not okay with being spied on. It's scummy. This is the ancient truth. Despite billion-dollar campaigns to deceive everyone to the contrary.
No one can understand every single thing in their lives. It all comes down to trust. You have to trust your mechanic. You have to trust your doctor. They earn that trust after you learn enough to validate them, after you evaluate their motives, after you seek recommendations from sources you already trust. This, also, is ancient truth. It's how a sensible person lives. And once it's made explicit, people realize, yes, I do do that. Now, why wouldn't you apply the same thing to computing?
Who might benefit?
So they learn to figure out who to trust. They learn to evaluate who is trustworthy.
Every time I help someone who has fallen prey to a phone support scam, for example, I don't just clean it up and leave. I make sure they know exactly what went wrong. I make sure they know what behavior to recognize as sketchy. And I make sure to plant the seeds so they can stop and think about what they're seeing, and evaluate whether it should be trusted.
Little things like this help. Even if they ultimately decide to get a computer mechanic to trust, they're much better off on their own, and much more equipped to select a trustworthy computer mechanic (assuming it isn't you).
And when someone learns to evaluate motives, internalizes that practice in little, regular, every-day ways...
And then they see advertisements in their start menu...
🤔

Content blocking is a manifestation of freedom 0, the right to control the code executed on your computer. It's true that the abuse which ads lend themselves to is that of third parties spying on you, malicious software, etc.--your website host compromising your security at their own discretion, but it shouldn't conceal the abuse structure itself.

That's my dissatisfaction with the open source model: even if they're technically more proficient in copyleft, it doesn't recognize the fact that injustice is a protean thing. If we tote open source in lieu of free software. Advertisements are perhaps the best example of that. We're out here touting "open source" about software and use cases that are incredibly archaic, whereas, for laymen, the reality of their computing takes the form of websites, of nonfree javascript, of software as a service.

been a while since i've heard someone say "if the service is free, you're the product"

Attached: tech.png (556x445, 49.89K)

I'm in perfect agreement. It's a roundabout way of explaining viscerally why the freedoms matter, and how they apply, based on something my clients experience every single day.
Valuing the ability to defend yourself from pervasive spyware, despite lobbying campaigns to the contrary, illuminates the value of having that control, and informs the growing confidence that users SHOULD have control. It's vital deprogramming.
As I always mention, "it's YOUR computer, and this [the adblocker] lets YOU decide."

Species*

Shitskin/soyboy detected

Honestly if roasties still send nudes over services which are proven to be monitored I doubt there is anything that can be done. Normies go for status over practicality/security every single time when making choices with technology. That's what makes them normies.

So we need to rally up software warriors and defenders, not "everyone should program" like some stupid SJW plan.

then how would you create a new internet media business model? webminers? if not, leave it be.

Hey, friend, reddit.com/r/technology might be more your speed.

The absolute state of modern women is a natural reaction to their environment. They do not possess agency. If men unitedly mocked and despised whorishness and attention-seeking, and elevated purity, you would see a comeback.
This is something happening on a rather small scale with the whole BEGONE THOT meme. Very encouraging.

I have been trying to tell people this for months. They never listen.

Normies only have so many fucks to give in a day. Tech fucks are not even in the top 1,000 fucks.

Women have a shit load of agency. That's why you have to control them.

He's also in the "growing to hate technology thread"

Attached: fuckoff.png (1787x439, 48.36K)

How does it feel to get BTFO?

It's over, kiddos.

This post did not age well.

They probably get a kick out of some NSA agent peeping at them. Fake argument is fake. Does anyone here do activism like the EFF? They make actionable differences in the lives of computer users all the time.

You didn't mean it, did you? Because, you know, EFF is quite reactionary in the first place and in the second place, I don't remember that they did anything that would help, say, advanced computer user.
Not that matters, you are fucked anyway, consumerism completely killed humanism. Humans are not humane anymore.

I like where this thread is going. Hopeshills lost once again, to people with actual insight and awareness.

Gotta love how you just left the thread after people exposed just how bullshit your statement is. Are you gonna call be by your blackpill boogeyman now?

???

Hopeshill is such a stupid forced meme, holy shit.

Playing into the hands of feminists who cry revenge porn doesn’t help the case of software freedom. In fact, most of them cry for more government regulation.

Attached: 2a1c02a94a9ed0257ee626535f51c5d81831fabf299065c86912f64421bf9997.jpg (436x432, 51.65K)

People want the police to do nothing but still be safe, they want quality food but not to pay more for it, lower taxes but better healthcare, schools, etc. People want privacy but have their every thought heard by Faceberg and every second recorded by Google/Amazon. A few people may care a lot about it, but other than making it illegal it's impossible to pry Faceberg from a normalfag's hands and give them Savannah or whatever the free one is called.
Posted from my NSAndroid.

Yeah pretty much. See .

This.

Kek, guess your """""""""""""""""""propaganda for normies""""""""""""""""""""" fucking flopped before it could take off

How does it feel to get BTFO?

does have some good points on normalfags being penny-wise but pound-foolish, but Facebook is no more invulnerable than the leagues of dead megacorps people once saw as invincible titans. All this "muh hopeshill" posting is simply damage control, a desperate attempt to reverse the tide turning against goybook and the forces of globalism in general.

Attached: 6800059f2c771837e9abcbaa377acde90ff3dfec0961b1a5835b0e98e31cc22a.jpg (768x1024, 101.86K)

Whitepill 1: >>>/hypno/41015
Whitepill 2: >>>/pdfs/9265 or >>>/ipfs/

A good chunk of nu/hypno/ is too retarded for RetroShare or even regular torrents, so they hang around begging for web uploads which quickly get DMCA'd instead of setting up RetroShare and getting assloads more files.

My first thought would be to make a movie of a real haxor who hates nutech like "oops that's embarrasing" error pages, Smart TV, web cars, etc. He pirates everything and only uses minimalistic software/hardware. Hacks sites and defaces them, gets dudes v& for selling fraud products, gets other bad guys v& by planting CP on them, amasses info from services he hacked to get into others, etc. So I guess like Mr Robot except not 100th wall breaking SJW anti-libertarian faggotry.

Or just do something that makes headlines - propaganda of the deed.

I didn't know how bad things are

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (696x528, 61.22K)

that is a literal miracle, but the way
i have a feeling FOSS doesn't want to succeed

Imagine Cicada3301, but from Zig Forums as a Twine/SugarCube game

Naming free software "free software" was a terrible mistake.
It led many clueless people to believe it's about money.

I have no idea. That is exactly my point.

Whatever is easiest. They want it handed to them on a fucking silver platter, every generation not just millennial, boomers too, they all expect it to be easy and for it to work right always.
If you want them you have to make it easy.

Whenever I go down to my free market, I pick up one of everything without paying because free market means no money.

glow-in-the-dark niggers can't meme, confirmed right in this thread

Refer to the reply chain started by . Long story short: You can't save them. Everyone on this site knows this. Just spare yourself the trouble of fighting and accept that the only way out of this shit situation is suicide.

See
Just call it "Free Market Software"