Why is everyone in forums such niggers

guy1/OP is the guy in question but there are other idiots ITT as usual

overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/364128-The-Official-ImageQuest-Hyundai-L90D-Thread/page2

Also why is there always this guy saying LCDs have screen tearing or one has more than the other? Tearing is more noticable on a CRT because there's no longer an inch of motion blur to cover it up

This shit is why forums are and always have been such cancer. You see these idiots and post "kys faggot" in the thread as there is no other appropriate response, and you get banned.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20130109184321/http://www.xbitlabs.com:80/discussion/5313.html
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/used-toughbook-with-password-to-access-bios.821042/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Getting worked up over forum posts from 2005, why?

It's the same shit today, literally about the same topics. I just happened to be browsing the 2600th website as part of my research and thought to post this here.

It's still better than quora which has just been infested with Indians giving poor answers to many electrical engineering topics.

I pray for the day that the internet gets segregated. No more poos posting their made up inspirational life story in response to some Java question that doesn't even belong on Quora.

also another typical nigtard post:
web.archive.org/web/20130109184321/http://www.xbitlabs.com:80/discussion/5313.html
guy thinks you can add monitor input latency to network ping in a 3d shooter with client side aim kek

How about when you're on some distro IRC channel and that one guy who ends every phrase with xD joins?
Where do they come from?
Back in my day being on the internet at all made you a weirdo, but now we have these double weirdos

imagine spending the effort to write this post hahahaha

try IRC people are a lot more friendly there

Aren't those just women, fags, or animefags? Those are the only people I know who purposefully fake laugh at everything/anything.

You missed the point that literally 99.99999% of discussion on the internet about display technology is this exact same bullshit. But anyway the point of the thread was how forums in general are filled with morons repeating the same falsehoods and circlejerking, and the 3 guys with any negative sentiment (which is required to refute any of the said falsehoods) you see in the odd thread are all banned. Especially when it comes to any kind of consumer review, people make a 600 page thread about each product and most of the information there about the actual product ranges from completely useless to shilling/harmful. Now back to display tech since that's what I'm currently researching, your typical post from before the 120Hz LCD days was
And typically this post is wrong on all accounts aside from brightness which is useless.

It's because forums cater to namefags who are always concerned about their reputation. They have to be right and knowledgeable about every subject and if they don't know anything about it they think 15 minutes on wikipedia makes them an expert. They build up a reputation over 10,000 posts and then they refer to it like it gives their arguments weight.

Meanwhile the admin/owner is living the high life off ad money he makes off the 20+ forums he's running and selling/trading with the other faggots that hang out on webhostingtalk. That's why you never see him posting casually/outside of "community news threads" and his private circlejerk forum where all the "staff" hang out.

Pretty much this. I hope something like Freenet FMS obsoletes web forums. But how do you explain how every forum has tons of banned users who have thousands and tens of thousands of posts? I think at the end of the day the mods will just ban everyone. I've never found a real reason, all I can imagine is just:
Even going back to forums I used in the early 2000's, I looked up all the guys I remember who got banned and couldn't find a real reason for why they were banned.

Absolutely this. Any time I look at an old thread on some forum, posts with "banned" in their poster's username are invariably the most intelligent.

Every time.

Attached: Forums.png (1201x402, 36.09K)

Newfags and SJWs invaded and google's TOS changed and the admin rule cucked to save his ad revenue. The old users get mad and finally say fuck it and go on a rampage. The new SJW mods ban them and go on to totally kill the forum.

That or one of those political/hot button threads that went 100 pages got posted and the flame war resulted in one side of the argument getting banned. It happens on every forum.

I forgot to mention: oldfags will attempt to organize an exodus when the rulecucking happens through private messages. The admin can read them because they are in plain text and many people end up banned for that. There is also the issue of high rate posters being pedos or sending creepy messages to the girl (trannys) that come to the forum. Plenty of people get the ban hammer for that as well, you'd be surprised how often this happens.

Despite all the faggotry surrounding forums it was actually possible to make some friends through them. Sure it often degenerates into ridiculous drama that kills everything but I sometimes wonder if it's somehow worth it. You feel like you're part of something, you know?

Oh come on. You're telling me people are retarded enough to organize via private messages? Back in 2005 or so I was part of a forum that forked twice and nobody was dumb enough to believe private messages were actually private. We did it all via MSN messenger. The board wasn't even technology related since it was just a specific anime/video game series fansite that turned into a social circlejerk for the regulars.

Also, creepy messages being an issue depends on the forum. Nothing could top my forum's shitty erotic fanfiction section. I actually wrote one back then when I was a retarded 13 year old kid, and got inexplicably messaged by a 13 year old girl who liked it. This led to cyber and eventually becoming an e-couple. It was fucked up

Not only are the retarded enough to do it they'll cry to anyone that listens how horrible the admin is for reading them and swear they'd never do such a thing. A few years later they're the admin reading through PMs because something got reported to them. Most users are absolutely retarded.
Anime/video game forums seem to have a larger number of Zig Forums people on them due to the genres requiring basic knowledge of computers. Well, anime probably isn't like that now but back when I spent a lot of time on web forums (96-2006) people that watched anime were primarily getting it via fansubs which required at least being able to use IRC and later torrents.

Now that you mention that... Yeah you're probably right. The forum I was talking about ended up being a "distribution point" for fansubs. There were people there who'd pull fansub releases from IRC and mirror them somewhere, usually for "uploader status" in the forum. Eventually the fansub started using torrents which is how I got into it.

Which forum? I'll understand if you don't want to mention it. I'm just curious because I used to fansub a lot of stuff. I was the main encoder for a few groups and would do typesetting and anything else that wasn't translation when required. I was a total faggot that took Japanese as a 2nd language in high school because I wanted to eventually move into that but I never obtained a good enough grasp on Japanese to do it. I would eventually forget most of the spoken part because I had no one to practice with. Also, my teacher was a native Japanese woman that despised Otaku. She even pulled me aside one day and explained that it was a horrible idea to be Otaku and I'd ruin my life. Turns out she was correct on all points. At least I took an interest in their culture beyond their media. We had a bunch of faggots that thought Japan was just like anime and it would always be the focus on their reports. I wish I wouldn't have dropped out because she was going to take me and another student with her when she went home during the summer as a reward for being in her class for 4 years.

I haven't thought about her in years. I should see if I can find her. She moved away back to her homeland a decade ago because she couldn't stand living in America anymore. I could tell stories about that woman for days, best teacher I ever had. She spoke broken English and was impossible to understand. She'd yell at the class constantly and would even strike us with wooden spoons when we misbehaved. She also had us clean the hallways and classrooms like Japanese students.

Sorry for the blogpost.

Attached: c1328c11b1a37c1a80c6427cc3d7a750664644e4c9fd560b1f7378e302eff741.jpg (1023x1080, 61.79K)

Gay but it was fun. Does that mean we have AIDS now?

Cancer and AIDS. It's a bad habit I've had from my forum days. Just more proof that forums breed cancer. It's a combination of crippling loneliness and typing 120+WPM

Fuck it. Why not? It was called EXEHQ. It was about a Mega Man spin off called Battle Network, or Rockman.EXE in japan. There was an anime too, and I used to watch it but it finished airing in 2006 along with the games, pretty much killing the series. Forum fractured after that into some kind of shitposting forum called Freeze Cracker, and the old fags got fed up and made their own edgy super secret forum called The Allied Underground. Christ that was over a decade ago. I was just a 12-14 year old kid back then, didn't really know shit about anything. Eventually the drama got too personal and I quit/deleted everything. Tried joining other forums years later but it was always too personal for me, I was always paranoid because of the drama I experienced. Eventually ended up in chans, where I finally felt comfortable.

I just googled the forum and inexplicably there seems to be some version of it up. Looking at those member names... Jesus christ, I remember them all. Fuck

Attached: voice-of-an-angel.webm (354x264, 133.41K)

Don't worry, I've got a concrete case of that here just for your laughing pleasure. It's not just some abstract made up unicorn example.

Attached: ss (2013-06-25 at 05.40.07).png (985x455, 82.11K)

You're killing me, faggot.

Attached: engineer-gets-cancer.png (1280x655, 864.92K)

Zig Forums, I have a question. I need to reset the CMOS on my motherboard and it says to do it with the power cord plugged in and the system in the S5 "soft-off" state. Should I have the power button on the power supply flipped on or off? My idea is to plug in the power cord, flip the power supply on, do not turn on the power via the power button on the case, and short the CMOS pins using a paper clip. Is this a good idea?

power switch* on the power supply, I should have said

Wrong thread, my friend

I'm talking about 2000-2006. There was no SJW other than "lol he said 'nigger'! I read at school that this is racism. BAN!". And whatever already existed since the 70s, such as "affirmative action" and "equal employment".

Yeah, the old cycle was usually:
>owner bends to limpwristed demands and starts appointing hotpockets invariably drawn from the worst jackasses on the forum

I assure you moralfags were around back then we just didn't call them SJWs and they didn't have social networks to organize on. They'd come and invade though. Goons would often do it as a LARP to fuck with the hotpockets

The only thing distinguishing us from them was our love of anime tiddies

They put in so much effort on Quora too. They write entire novels for the smallest questions, for free. Possibly to keep you from seeing the "by Pajrama Kajarhamesh" without scrolling.

I always avoid that website because of the street shitters. If they aren't writing a novel they're giving some retarded answer like

What is their obsession with calling everyone their fellows? It's like they're LARPing as doctors.

good one lol

cool story bro

Look at this faggotry: forum.notebookreview.com/threads/used-toughbook-with-password-to-access-bios.821042/

This is why I quit pretty much every forum and only use Zig Forums nowadays: it's a cancer that needs to fucking die already.

I literally googled "engineer gets cancer tf2" and the first result was Expiration Date, the botnet knows what's up.

kek

I always assumed most answer fags were bots or paid from cheap outsource sites to answer shit to make the site seem active.

POST IT FAGGOT
I know you still have it stuffed somewhere in the dark corners of your hard drive. You won't fool me.

This. Get a life nigger.

Well we're on a kind of forum and OP is clearly a fag. He's balls deep in drama that doesn't concern him but he still thinks it's a good idea to blog post about it on this forum.

This is one thing I hate about image boards. I imagine there's a lot of dudes on here I could have good friendships with but there's just no way to build anything. It's probably not a healthy situation and really limits the options you have online. A bunch of friends can do projects together but a bunch of anons are just not approachable in the same way.

Even if I wanted to post it, I couldn't. At some point I decided I wanted to distance myself from my old identity and deleted literally everything. Deleted old docs, screenshots, MSN logs, even logged back into various places to edit old posts and change my nickname if possible. I guess I took care of it pretty thoroughly, even I can't find my old posts (thank god)

Exactly. Making friends is one of the things I actually miss from forums. I used to simply add people I saw there on MSN and start talking to them like it was nothing. Though it became a lot harder for me after the massive dramas I experienced. At first I was quite uninhibited but now I'm extremely paranoid about doxing myself.

You can still participate in those communities and make friends but it's harder now. You have to invent a posting style and back story for every account. You have to maintain multiple ways to contact each one and manage those accounts. Every normalfag prefers voice chat now so it's impossible to get into a lot of places without doxing yourself.

I just always end up back here. Anons are enough social interaction. Normalfags don't talk about anything interesting anyway because their communities are infested with tone police and SJWs.

Not only do they do it for free, they do it for the motivation of "points" on places like StackOverflow. Grown men falling for simple gamification to enhance the value of a proprietary site. Now before I sound like a hypocrite, and modulo the points, at least Zig Forums is practically ephemeral, and if you are helping an user, they are at least somewhat like you.

SO posts aren't really proprietary. They're CC licensed. Many years ago there used to be lots of actual interesting questions there. When I didn't know the answer and was curious about it, so I researched it. Ended up learning lots of stuff that way. Not any different than posing interesting questions to hackers. The problem with the site is the inclusiveness. Too many dumb questions that I just don't care to answer. It's not like I want to compete with pajeet to see who can post a snippet the fastest.

Points/rep are all meaningless and will naturally increase over time if you're even the slightest bit active. If I log into SO right now, I expect to have like +200 rep since my last visit despite doing nothing, all from random people reading and upvoting my old answers. Sure, you won't get 500k rep that way, but 10k rep is pretty much automatic and just a matter of time. It works similarly to how post count did in forums.

Yeah. Identity management is a real pain in the ass. Besides a couple of discords I haven't interacted with people outside chans. Recently I made an account on romhacking.net to try and help out with one particular project and also write my own game hacking program.

Then I stand corrected..

Fun thing is: BIOS password resetting is not illegal at all if the system is not stolen. Then again, NBR is full of corpcucks, you post something and you want it removed, not even a DMCA request will get it taken down.

I'm guessing it is not even illegal if the computer is stolen. It is the stealing part that's illegal.

Even though I can't sign off on your firm refusal of SO I do agree with your approach to solving problems. SO flips the burden, where you lookup your "human" problem and gets a bunch of examples and explanations of how and why and that's not useless, but it's not as fun as solving problems on your own.

I often search error messages and end up on SO and someone will have discovered what that non-sensical error message means.

Attached: 73f906ea0a90928a3583a56875f50925f2332061.jpg (700x525, 109.54K)

I'm talking about on an engineering level. If the manual didn't say how to do X with the system you're using, you cannot do X, it's as simple as that. If you decide to do X regardless, it will have bugs and portability problems. But yeah, in practice a lot of systems are so shit that there's no other way than to do a bunch of undocumented stuff and in that case you could just look up to see if someone's already gone there. Then again some of these systems have easy to read source code so you can just look at the source.

Fuck this gay earth.

Remind me why forums need to fucking die already?