Webm creation

why can't you upload webms created directly from mpv?
it always fails with "invalid webm uploaded"

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/?source=directory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because that tool is shit. Download Open shot, it’s a free video editor that’s easy to use. Download sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/?source=directory it’s a video downloader, it’ll let you pull video from most sites. Once downloaded, import the video into your video editor, edit it, save as MP4 (@ correct resolution). Open file in your video downloader, convert to WebM.

Or maybe openshot has an extension that allows you to render videos as webM’s, I haven’t looked.

lol what the fuck
are you trolling maybe?

come on dude

I honestly never know that you could convert webms with mpv natively. I always used that one crop script (I don't use it anymore, so I can't check and see who made it, sorry) and passed the parameters on to ffmpeg.

Attached: 12777ce2e6308d6ece8bf1320a698452b74d88717a6293449f7a3f56e0e6d678.jpg (680x680, 58.98K)

come on dude

You should use it in the command line so you know exactly what you're doing. If the settings mpv uses to make webms don't work here then that isn't a problem with ffmpeg, its a problem with mpv since everyone else uses ffmpeg to make webms and they work fine.

>encoding videos with mpv
What the fuck?

original quote:
show me a single video editor which can do exactly this without reencoding, then we talk.

Are you retarded? Webm can only hold VP9 VP8 and in the future AV1. NOT h264
And why would you encode anything into h264?

If you're only thinking of the first part. Yes cutting a video without reencoding is possible.
Avidemux should do that without problems.
However you can't encode something into h264 and then into VP9 and call that process lossless.

Because it's faster? Makes a big difference especially on weaker dualcore laptops.

YOU CAN'T PUT H264 INTO A WEBM
To decode? No. Hell. I can watch YT with Iron on a fucking Pentium M. YT uses VP9.
Now kys.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webm
Here you fucking lazy corpse:
The WebM container is based on a profile of Matroska.[2][4][5] WebM initially supported VP8 video and Vorbis audio streams. In 2013, it was updated to accommodate VP9 video and Opus audio.[6]

Attached: 1471603054179-4.jpg (256x256, 18.06K)

Nice quads though.

Attached: truly the future of video codecs.png (309x301, 115.41K)

I wonder how Jewgle will get around that issue.

Enjoy your shitty colors.

That's why the prevailing opinion is that AV1 wont become mainstream until it gets hardware support in the next two years.

>not using laserdisc and skipping the codec faggotry altogether