How many dead pixels you got

how many dead pixels you got

Attached: stuck-dead-pixel.jpg (400x242, 8.02K)

Two.
One is full dead and the other is a bit stuck at the moment.
I can see it wants to change color but it stays stuck on blue

Zero on my 2560x1600.
But I do have a 2.5in scratch near the bottom.

Any product out there to restore my beautiful old screen to it's former glory?

Attached: 1.gif (32x32, 657)

0 on my 4k display

None, but my monitor is an old TN with terrible color quality.

none on a 1440x900 basic bitch HP monitor that's at least 8 years old and has been used heavily

lapping and polishing.
Are you man enough to try it?

That would be a cool video if user decides to try. Could he not buy a new lens or plastic screen however?

on my main computer with 2 monitors I have none, but I have an old Pentium 1 laptop which has tons of them around the edges. Thankfully it doesn't bother me much because it's 800x600 resolution and I use 640x480 without scaling (so there's a black border around and that's where the dead pixels are) and of course I only use it ocassionaly to play some old game or watch a demo.

Is this the proper way to downscale an LCD? Is it comparable to how crisp CRTs look when downscaled?

fucing casuls

I have one pixel with the blue part stuck on.

None that I can see, but my aging panel tends to ghost alot these days.

By backup screen is a 1800xsomething laptop screen duct taped into a 12 year old HP monitor shell with a cheap hdmi->lvds board. It doesn't get much use nowadays, but it's still my favorite.

Attached: backup screen.jpg (1280x720, 86.73K)

Only one when browsing /b/ :^)
But zero on a p-iiyama from 2008. (continuous use)

Attached: LD0000595781.jpg (600x600, 42.79K)

my laptop can upscale the resolution to fullscreen or don t scale it at all and just leave the rest if the screen with solid colour. I prefer not scalling.

None. 7 year old jewsung 32 inch. Just had a high pitch ring start recently so it may be time to get a new one soon.

I've heard it's normal for LCD displays to have a few dead pixels, but I've never seen a display with dead pixels, let alone ever owned.

I've also heard that rapidly alternating pixels between 100% and 0% brightness can unfuck stuck pixels.

It's fucking blackhole. It was like cancer but fortunately stopped growing. Now it's 0.6 inches wide.

Attached: P7310138_compressed.jpg (4608x2592, 465.8K)

Few hundred thousand since my netbook fell of a chair.
t. 1024x600 subhuman

0 on any of my CRTs. 0 on the LCDs I've used the most but they're all shit anyway

There are no dead pixels but have so much dust lmao

0 on my Apple MacBook Pro with Retinaâ„¢.

Attached: 1422944953592.jpg (961x961, 282.73K)

Dan 'Get In My Van And Come To Japan' Schnieder

scaling in LCDs has almost always been shit. 1:1 pixel mapping always worked fine (except on broken monitors that can't do it), you're just using less of your screen. you can always do GPU or software scaling though
no

bretty gud

dead pixels can't be easily fixed
stuck pixels can be fixed with various shit like you said depending on the type of screen. i don't think any of these problems have been common since around 2007 though

This. I've been using a refurbished monitor for about five years. It doesn't have a single dead pixel, but it's fucking filthy. I need to clean it badly.

Never had dead pixels, but recently I've noticed a dark gray smudge around the size of a small fingertip near the center of my screen. It's not dirt or dust, though it might look like it at first. It's similar to the smudge LCD screens make when you press a finger against the screen.
At least it's only noticeable against bright backgrounds, but it can be pretty distracting when playing some games.

Couple thousand. Think it might be water or someshit creating the black hole.
At least, the other broken screen I have doesn't have a single dead pixel.

It was trying to commit suicide. You need to do the merciful thing user.

Kek looks like a burnt spot or something