The illusion of meritocracy in programming

Code speaks for itself, right? How does it relate to your biological sex, expressed gender, sexual orientation or race?

I'm tired of Mozilla and other companies buying into the diversity meme. It makes me sick. I have never looked at anyone who has a genuine interest in computers and programming as inferior to me. So why push the anti white men agenda?

Attached: mozilla.png (960x960, 395.17K)

Why do you care? You're not offended when people call you a faggot but you're offended that people are pushing female superiority? I'd understand if you were paying Mozilla to work for you but something tells me that you haven't given Mozilla any cent.

The Dao - Intro

Lesson1: The hacker spirit is; in oneness. "You" don't exist, therefore "your" skills are not "yours".
They're gifts offered throught the many iterative and parallel incarnations and self encounters of the spirit.
Lesson2: The hacker spirit knows no gender. Spirit knows no form and spirit knows no sides. It is the balance source of balance.
Lesson3: The hacker spirit imbudes all and is omnipotent.
Lesson4: The hacker spirit knows not bugs. If bugs, the flesh is week. One must meditate on the Dao.
Lesson5: The hacker spirit wastes not bits, nor cycles.

Writing code and hacking are an expression of an intellect seeking to discover its nature through observation of its many expressions and potential expressions. All of this gender BS that's booming around lately is but the symptom of a malaise that's been lurking around for ages. In the end, it comes down to a "human" identity crisis. Who are we in this cosmos? What are we meant to be? What's the plan?
Whatever you decide your identity to be: white, black, grey, alien abductee, C++ guru, farmer, cop, student, ... you'll eventually get stuck in a psychological drama around elements of that identity taking your attention away from the core truth and driving your life energy into a black hole. These social phenomena never last long, they're not sustainable because falsehood cannot last for too long.

Also, statistically - and for some obscure reason, white individuals (people of European descent) have easier access to education and adequate social facilities. The educational systems aren't meant to sharpen minds but to create individuals with enough automatic skills to complete certain tasks in a vital social component (corporation, official government body, ...). All of this to maintain a certain hierarchy of power and control, and keep the "social fabric" stable to a certain degree. In a corporate environment, the statistics will prevail, therefore, most employees will be "white". In such an environement, a female individual will encounter mostly white men; of course exceptions exist for reality is relative and not absolute.

Now, we all know - through experience and observation - that men are driven and exhibit a certain energy and force naturally. It is in the primitive blueprint of the male individual, both in body (testosterone) and in psychological tendencies (thinking about sex often). When, a male is a puppet of his hormonal system (the body dimension), the chemistry of the body will tend to drive the psyche into the most primitive side of the individual: conservation. Conservation of the body, conservation of the psyche, conservation of the self image, ...
As humans, we are equiped with a reproductory conservation mechanism that is linked to many subconscious and unconscious goals, what I call: the implications of being human.
The survival and conservation of the human species is part of why people crave sex, it's not just for pleasure (orgasms don't last a lifetime). Feeding a deeply rooted unconscious psychological sense of survival is the reason why ~7B people are on this planet (you and I included).
That sense of survival, coupled with religious guilt and all forms of social programming one gets exposed to from early on (including the subject of your post - yes it's recursive), is behind why some men act like assholes making women exhibit their own subconscious primitive response: fight or flight. If we go back to statistics, it's mostly white men. And, tadaaaa! now you know why. Keep in mind these statistical assumptions are related to a certain social environment.

If you move to another social environment, the statistics may vary and yet remain proportional to the assumption, or totally be false.

Conclusion, it's all monkeys fighting for more territory and status. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Source of the screenshot?

Mozilla is part of the real world that requires money. Paying women/ex-slaves/limited edition mars bars to pretend to care while simply acting as figureheads provides significant income to Mozilla. It is all a front to keep Mozilla and thus Javascript open source and in widespread use.
Google does the same thing, but they have more government backing and they also have a more corporate attitude.

It shouldn't matter to you, or anyone

Code speaks for itself, but not everything is code. You've got a whole project around it with conversations.
I'd expect women to be less comfortable on average in a project with a Zig Forums-like culture, just like I would be uncomfortable in a project where casual misandry is the norm, like in your screenshot. So the culture of a project can introduce selection effects that aren't based on merit. I don't know how large that effect tends to be in reality, and I think Mozilla misdiagnosed the problem, but I doubt it's zero.

There’s no illusion of meritocracy, there’s just no meritocracy in general. It was killed by diversity hires and nocoders alike.

Nugget of truth right here.

Something tells me you have a vested interest in the Mozilla foundation. Shills on the prowl.

There is no meritocracy anymore because discussing technical quality would make a lot of software look bad. They don't want a discussion on why we need 60 million lines of code to browse a web site, or why we have to run an application in a VM, or any of this other bullshit.

Your message to unix-haters of Tue, 24 Sep 1991 14:15:45 PDT was forwarded to all members of the computer research staff at MPCSL. I thought I would send you some comments. I have been a UNIX-hater for 15 years, which is how long I have been at MPCSL. I avoided the UNIX revolution until it was recently foisted on me. At MPCSL, we formerly had three completely incompatible programming environments: InterLISP, Smalltalk, and Cedar. This was viewed by the new powers as very bad and in need of fixing. So we moved to commercial UNIX-based platforms. So now we have about 30 incompatible systems (text editors and formatters, mail systems, versions of the OS, file formats, programming languages, window systems, window managers, toolkits, ... ). instead of three, with more being added every day. Top this with the incredible morass that is SunOS and it is no wonder that you are wondering. Up until recently, we owned everything from the hardware to the microcode to the applications. We could fix anything that broke at any level; we could evolve wonderful new systems. How do we "fix" the X11 releases or the SMTP protocol or SunRPC?? In my opinion, things got the way they are because market forces completely overwhelmed technological forces. Because UNIX was free (or nominally licensed) it came into wide use, first in CS and EE departments and later in the world. To some, moving from MS-DOS or worse, it seemed like a win. To those of us who have been around for a while and are aware of the alternatives, it seemed like a nightmare. We thought it would go away when users came to their senses. We were naive. Sigh. Meanwhile, thanks to BSD, UNIX grew like Topsy, or more like barnacles encrusting a sunken ship. Ultimately, UNIX began to be viewed by decision makers who were not technically competent as a panacea for competing technologies.

fork it and make your own. Except for capatchas and the occasional QR code, you can choose not to use their software.

Fuck you.

it does matter because it could be literally fake news

Fake news only matters when people believe it.

no u. Forking is the solution.

People call each other retards and faggots on the all the time on the internet. Everyone knows it's realistically impossible to know who's on the other side of the screen and have no information on said person, so they're usually not meant to be take nat face value. Then there's the fact that no one (sane) takes shit seriously online. And even then there's ignore and block buttons. Finally, you don't encounter the people you say shit to online in your daily life, nor do they tend to have any influence on it.
However, when people unironically call you inferior, discriminate you, and take actions based on their self-righteous moral compasses that hurt your career and livelihood -- on top of being hypocrites and posers who claim to oppose bigotry and biases while perpetuating them -- it's a completely different matter.

there's always some dumbass who believes this

Agreed. There are certain things that seem so obvious to me that you have to explain to people in simple terms.

There was once a a walled garden, inaccessible to the monkeys

Attached: OldComputerPeole.jpg (600x560, 102.85K)

This is true. As personal computing has risen in popularity to be virtually ubiquitous, programming has become a sexy career choice for all sorts of undesirables. People who never gave a shit about computers before their university years are starting to major in something they don’t care about. So in order to make up for their lack of mental elasticity and talent, they try to get handicaps to elevate themselves to the roles of people who used to love and master computers.

Yes, just fork it. How is this not the fastest, quickest, and most effective solution to your problem?

Yeah we should only let smart people who understand everything about a certain thing use it. Oh wait..

Meritocracy is a meme that keeps idiots chasing their tails while the real power players do whatever they want. The American dream was invented by Hollywood to encourage outsiders to invade the USA.

The screencap is biological though. Men are disposable, you need 5 minutes with a man to make a child. You need 9 months of care for a woman to make a child. The worse the care the more neurotic the child will be. As such society evolved to put pussy on a pedestal and men in the "send to die some where if need be" categories of various kinds.

Programming isn't sexy to any one. Either it's idiots who want to "make the next skyrim" or it's roasties who see a job where they do no work but get hired as diversity hires. This isn't anything new, it's been happening for a long time.

The problem isn't so much that it's happening as it's always happened. The problem is that these companies are on the same money train as the government so they can't fail and collapse from it. If you're running the governments intelligence spying program they're going to prop you up as long as possible. You simply can't fail. This means they can do basically anything and it won't matter.

Same goes for start ups who smash and grab from stock market investors. They invest shit loads of cash in a shotgun method and then some of it makes an insane return. They make money from nothing, they spend money like it's nothing and it props up a false economy where nothing of value is being made but the numbers look good on a spread sheet.

How is forking it a real option? You fork it and then there's you on 1 branch and thousands of people on the other one. How do you even get noticed enough to get 1% of the market share? How do you get any one else to help you build this alternative?

It wasn't killed by anyone. The whole idea of being rewarded for hard work and the harder you work the more you're rewarded is a joke under capitalism and always has been. It's merely a form of rich man's ideology used to keep people from questioning the system.

That's any system, it has nothing to do with capitalism. You have to convince me to give you the job over my own tribe.

when that freebsd cuck was talking about meritocracy being toxic I was taken aback because I didn't know where the fuck he was coming from. I guess they're looking at it from the inside, where someone who does good work can get a free pass for being a cunt outside of the job because they do good work. which isn't even technically meritocracy, but that's the best I could come up with. any other thoughts?

See how this works yet? They're ideology doesn't allow them to accept meritocracy because it disproves everything they believe in. If all things are equal then feminism dies. They have been indoctrinated in feminism their entire lives so they honestly believe that feminism is true which includes all the feminist lies you have to believe in order to believe it's true.

factually incorrect

The only places women out perform men are in tasks where a man is too large to do it (i.e. finger size) or the immune system. Neither of which are things you can actively compete on.

Evolution to put it blunty went "everyone but the deformed and ugly get to breed!" to the women and to the men went "fuck all of you except the super stars). There is a 60% difference in the amount of men and women who had children.

As soon as a man hits 14 he becomes superior to anything a woman can be.

You mean one man fucks several womyn?

How about things which are based on soft skills?
Or musical performing when you need to sing in higher register with woman timbre? (let's say that it's mandated by the composer's vision)
Or when one works with their body (photo/video posing/acting, or some sex related activities)?

After being in a few interviews I learned something.
Indians hire only Indians.
Chinese hire only Chinese.
Whites only hire Indians and Chinese because they're "harder working" aka they are natural slaves that can be extracted for more value.

The only places that hire white men anymore are small companies

and that's where they'll stay. diversity is to remove competition for white 1%ers. asians are next.

Linux is very problematic if you think about it.
Take the 'man' command. That's short of manplain, so whenever you want to learn you have to have it manplained to you. That's basically rape.
Add more emoji to Linux.

Time to form Outer Heaven.

Try harder.

The notion of one man and one woman is a social construct that has evolved from the matriarchal society we live in. Forget the patriarchy, women have had better living conditions than men for thousands of years.

Utter non sense. Look around, there's no dignity on this planet. Men are at each other's throat, women are lost in men's BS. It's not a man vs. woman situation, it's a monkey vs. monkey situation. These primitive behaviors will require many iterations before they are seen for what they are.
People live in their head and are mostly in a dream state, none of this shit will be resolved unless "humans" trully evolve.

YEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!

Attached: metal gear solid 5.jpg (560x373, 42.29K)

People aren't equal, commie.

No why do you care faggot with AIDS? Niggerfaggot kikes are destroying the tech industry which white mostly straight men built. No amount of CoC stroking or sucking will change that.
That's a joke. A superior group doesn't need to bitch and moan all the time.

If you believe people aren't equal, then you're buying into the same logic that makes people create affirmative action programs. Combat identity politics.