Programming Fonts

There is a severe lack of good monospace programming fonts that scale well.
Every single one of them is made for hipsters that prefer 9px fonts, enjoy your eye cancer.
I currently settled on Source Code Pro but it's not perfect either.

What font does Zig Forums use for programming?

Attached: quickfox.png (1137x112, 5.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

madmalik.github.io/mononoki/
mplus-fonts.osdn.jp/design.html#mplus_mn1
be5invis.github.io/Iosevka/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IBM3270.

Bitmap -> Terminus, SGI Screen or Fixed
TTF -> Liberation Mono

I'm a font fetishist, but there's really just so many things that can be said about programming fonts..

These, exactly, are my choices too. Except the SGI and Fixed.

Some of us still use under 2000px resolution screens you know, hipster faggot.
>

Attached: 1485972649.jpg (909x720, 32.6K)

Yeah, they got a tool called Visual Studio, maybe you heard of it. It compares favorably to the 1980's text editors that Linuxfags use. Don't get me wrong though, I have a lot of respect for mcedit.

oh you're just baiting, for a second i thought you actually use windows and think visual studio is good

Attached: cff.png (625x626, 64.69K)

I really do like Fira Code. The way it shows&& || >=

Attached: Screenshot.png (1215x978, 115.11K)

My eyes thank you! I just moved all of my Scintilla-based editors to this from Source Code Pro.

Attached: Capture.PNG (674x641, 33.8K)

VS is a shit editor but it's the best debugger period.

So edit in something good and use VS to debug only?

Fira Mono is better than Fira Code IMO

madmalik.github.io/mononoki/

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-22 mononoki.png (1663x1779, 196.89K)

Visual Studio + Intellij Resharper is pretty fucking great. I'd be curious to hear experiences evident to the contrary.

Default GNOME font.

Attached: Zrzut ekranu z 2018-07-22 12-30-48.png (1280x1024, 156.4K)

what does resharper do? is it free?

Depends for what. For
the ligatures are pretty useful. />

Office Code Pro.

But what about general purpose fonts? Something you pick for your web browser although pajeets fucked that up with web fonts or for your file manager.

I set my computer to use Georgia for system UI, so all my filenames, window titles, menu options, &c. use a serifed non-monospace font. It looks nice, but for monospace I use either an IBM font that I can't remember the name of or Fira Code or some shit, I can't remember.

Can someone explain to me why it would be better to use bitmap over vector font (ttf)?

I use Microsoft fonts because they are the only fonts I know of (aside from Ubuntu) that don't look like complete shit with antialiasing turned off.

Fonts are down to personal taste, but just use Inconsolata for everything.
Also install gentoo

I hate forced line wraps and horizontal scrolling, most monospace fonts are just too wide for me.
M+ MN Type-1 Regular mplus-fonts.osdn.jp/design.html#mplus_mn1

I also don't write matrixes all day and I find it much easier to read non-monospaced fonts, so I widened the brackets a little bit and replaced the quotation marks in Liberation Sans.

No. There is no reason to use bitmap fonts for programming.
(Bitmap fonts may be useful on very edge case scenarios for embedded hardware where you want minimal code/resource to render any output/text. For example digital watches and clocks use bitmap fonts.)

You'll feel like epic computer pro and can look down upon other people from your basement.

No matter what font you use, my handwriting on a toilet paper looks more readable than this.

They're much sharper and thus clearer at small sizes. Some people also just like the look.

I use em on terminals if I'm on a minimal wm setup with no energy to setup font rendering properly (which is usually done by DEs or infinality) and terminus just looks right in the terminal, it's clear, no extra stuff to configure and I can tell all the characters apart and it doesn't cause fucked up @ symbols or anything like that for example. If I'm really configuring a machine (gentoo most likely) then I'll go the extra mile for infinality or a DE and install inconsolata, liberation-mono etc. on it and use those. Terminus is just very good at what it does, it doesn't work everywhere.

That's my 20 yen on the issue

Attached: 62ce89161ec8dbe4e80e12787c2c7b09038e8669e3e7bf44d524ab0db2f16665.jpg (500x467, 28.92K)

They're handmade to look good at their size.
Or they would be if their makers bothered anti aliasing them.

How do you do that?
Having terminal commands like that in the box and shit?
I have just been cutting and pasting.

My new favorite, thanks user.

be5invis.github.io/Iosevka/

Attached: weights.png (3600x1649, 341.42K)