Uninstall package

WEW GREAT OS

Attached: debian.jpg (225x225, 5.76K)

the fact that you have to actually use autoremove everytime you remove a package is pretty annoying in general

not an argument

While we're on the subject of Debian, what happened with the whole code of conduct brush war? Is Debian pozzed?

Never happened to me, maybe you uninstalled a metapackage?, not sure if packages installed by a metapackages are marked as automatically installed.

There is no package manager that uninstalls orphans unless you explicitly ask it to aside from nix and guix, also you can always just do "apt autoremove $pkgname" to do it in one step.

What's the alternative anyway?, Debian runs fine on my laptop but there's tons of bugs in my desktop (Gentoo doesn't count as an alternative to Debian).

Those were the dependencies needed by the package. Once the main package is gone you don't need those dependencies, retard. So you use autoremove to save space and make the system cleaner of useless packages.
God, do you homos even work with Linux on a daily basis?

Attached: b0d8a201ee89dceb4285fa6294ffc94173b0df725c07dbb8f8085a19066bdb3b.png (610x368, 388.05K)

fucking this
cant believe the retards on this sub

BOARD

Their CoC more or less translates to "don't be a raging asshole" no mention of minorities or trannies or other SJW nonsense. There is a portion debians various teams and contributers who are blue haired harpies, but the prevailing attitude of "cannot be arsed" seems to apply to social changes as much as it does to upstream security patches.

Less packages are good, I don't see what you're complaining about.

Too late leddit you've outed yourself.

Attached: 4a6f50559fd09bbfcb3bab2246869f6f9a3149d0ce3b0b0acd3e40cf21037db8.jpg (980x742, 99.17K)

WOW THIS COMPUTER IS RETARDED OR SOMETHING GUYS

Alpine's APK does that automatically. It is better behaviour than allowing tons of crap to clutter the system if you don't run extra commands automatically.

you done goofed, that's what you get for crossposting on reddit

Lemme guess, you installed a regular Debian image, then attempted to apt remove Gnome, right?

>tfw xbps-remove -R
Feels great, man.

Except when you remove a meta package that pulls half the system as its' dependencies, why on earth you would be fucking stupid enough to do that is beyond me though.

Here's a fun command for trisquel users:
sudo apt-get remove trisquel && apt-get autoremove

No, he's right. Zig Forums might as well be reddit.

Sometimes the distro has shitty meta packages. Obviously if you're warned what will be uninstalled, you would have to be retarded to go through with it without making sure to copy them down sans the actual packages you wanted removed, and installing them separately afterwards.

Attached: 1495688421547.jpg (500x500, 45.15K)

I don't know if you are baiting or if you are the likes of Luduke.

You are not wrong but there are some degree of mistake.
If you uninstall stupid packages like... say transimission-gtk, you take down the whole de.
It doesn't seem too much of an intelligent way to build software that you can't even choose which torrent manager you want.

Don't even get started with the 'for the sake of stability' shit. One thing does not invalidate the other and it still remains as a stupid situation.

Removing metapackages doesn't remove all its dependencies. Which is very annoying when trying to remove a desktop environment or something like CUPS.