PAJEET VINDICATED

Tapeout design for Shakti, India's first RISC-V chipset, is complete.
>twitter.com/ShaktiProcessor/status/1022384131064430593

Project repository including riscv-linux
>bitbucket.org/account/user/casl/projects/CPU

In Hinduism, Shakti (शक्ति) represents the primordial cosmic energy and dynamic forces that are thought to move through the entire universe. Shakti is the personification of divine feminine creative power, sometimes referred to as “The Great Divine Mother.”

WORLD MATRIARCHY BY 2020

Attached: shakti.jpg (2048x1536, 359.47K)

Of course the first thing they tried to boot had to be Ubloatntu.

Attached: smugterry2.webm (200x234, 212.22K)

Its easier for dingy little fabs in pooland to make RISC-V chips just because there's no IP attached to it. Not because RISC-V is inherently pooish.

Hey, I'd use a streetshitter design over an Israeli or Chink design any day tbh.

trash

India is just as bad as China or the US when it comes to state surveillance, they just aren't as good at it (yet).

It is slighty concering that Europe seems to be lagging behind. If only the EU would start funding it. I do hope the see the advantage of not having to rely of chinkshit or jewtel for their infrastructure.
And it's not like they have to reinvent the wheel. There is opensparc/openpower/riscV to start from and that is ignoring all the research that happens in Universities.
Europe, or the Netherlands to be precise, dominate the market for litography machines, yet I can't buy something that isn't chinkshit or jewtel with backdoors everywhere.

The EU is Jews. They would see no point in being independent of their own power.

what practical use of this?
Can it run games at 60+ fps?
Come back when it runs them better and works with Linux/Windows

The most /g/ post I've read in a while. Congratulations. Maybe try posting pics of your battlestation and desktop next time as well.

You do know that regardless of the ISA you can make low end chips right?
Who knows maybe this chip can be used on smart toilets running java to attract indians to them.

You'd expect places like Switzerland to care about building their own IT infrastructure but for some reason India is more advanced than they are. Even before this Shakti project they were developing their own tablet called the Aakash for use in schools.

Going through their 'National strategy for Switzerland’s protection against cyber risks' report there's nothing about self reliance. Back in the 70's and 80's this stance would have seemed insane for any major country in Europe, you had France that had the Minitel network and the UK was serious about having their own computers. Now and for the foreseeable future all they can do is impose fines on major American tech firms every few years. They've lost control.

So is America, China, Russia, India, Brazil, and etc.
What country isn't Jewish now?

Lmao

That was back in the days when even the US and Japan had dozens of competing ISAs & OSs in the consumer market. Right now, you've pretty much got 80x86 with Windows/Linux for powerful systems, and ARM/MIPS with Linux for cheaper ones, everywhere in the world.

call me when the pajeetprocessor can compete with amd/intel

and you need more than 4gb of memory on a 400mhz cpu because?

I have my reasons

(checked)
Anyone know if 32-bit RISC-V actually uses 32-bit addressing, or if it has a feature like Intel's PAE to address larger amounts of memory?

I'm from the CY+3, none of them.

Not fucking bad at all
I would love to see how these turn out.
Pajeet or not, I'd love to try RISC-V in a desktop computer

PC's were fast enough a decade ago. T60 level performance in more than enough for 95% of office work. And if the internet wasn't such a shitshow normies could happily browse with them as well.
Being independant and having a device that you actually own with no back doors and full documentation available is easily worth a step back in performance.

32-bit means a lot of things, you have to read the data sheet you twit.

those in the picture look like old amd cpus

What's the point of the insult?

Europe has CPUs, but they aren't for consumer use AFAIK.

Attached: mppa.png (1040x693 602.7 KB, 251.12K)

Japan still has their own non x86 chips thanks to Fujitsu and NEC that are used for supercomputers. And for smaller systems there's ITRON with dozens of major companies having their own ISAs and OSes that are in things like digital cameras.

There's also the LEON that uses SPARC built by the European Space Agency. ARM used to be British until the Japanese bought it in 2016.

There is also Pezy which makes manycore CPUs with thousands of cores they actually have the same compute per watt than the Volta GPUs despite being made using the older 16nm process.

I am aware of how much it costs to have custom chips made, 22nm isn't expensive these days. Last I checked Global Foundries shuttle service was about $14kUSD per 1mm^2 for 22nm, that chip only looks to be about 25mm^2 so its not hugely expensive. 22nm is about 15 million transistors per 1mm^2.

Attached: ISC-2017-PEZY-SC2-1500x.jpg (1500x1125, 448.12K)

RISC-V 32I (and E) only define a 32bit User Address Space, however, it looks as if addresses using their LOAD and STORE instructions could be up to 44 bits, because it makes use of a 32 bit register and a 12 bit offset.

In either case, RISC-V 32I isn't designed for use on large machines, and you would not want to use it with a machine that has 4GB of memory in the first place, as it's targeted more strongly at embedded spaces, such as cameras, routers, or cars.

Any machine that a user would be using as a daily driver would likely be using RISC-V 64I, or, at some point in the future, RISC-V 128I

Attached: laughing_woman_with_dolphin.jpg (400x399, 43.96K)

Where's your fab, Cletus? Israel?