Front End JS frameworks

What is the best combo for modern JS development? I know angular, but some say react/redux or vue is better, and I'm starting to see shilling for Bit. I like mithril.js but no employers have ever heard of it. My last gig ran npm, webpack, typescript/babel, angular, but I'd like to start studying the best setup that will be in vogue for the next 5 years. I know JS is haram and not the way of god, but I need to pay jizya like the rest of us non-neets.

Attached: amused_kabuki_mask.jpg (300x300, 11.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vanilla-js.com/
mithril.js.org/
github.com/kbrsh/moon
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4CwVN9RRbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i agree with you, i just want to pay rent and maybe go on a vacation. As i said, mithril deploys at 8kb, but not many vendors know of it, or want it.

Thank God I don't have the slightest idea what these are.

NONE! GIT GUD

i prefer vamilla js, but yknow, jobs

allah has been kind to you, to prevent your mind from being corrupted by web dev

vanilla-js.com/

Does your job force you to be retarded and use that framework?
If not just explain to them that highest performance and security lie within a good js writer. Not some stupid framework.

Why are these needed to create hypertext documents?

Awesome! :D

Attached: vanilla-js.webm (382x476, 1.03M)

t. non-webdev

Truth is, you have to learn whatever framework the company's CTO or architect decides on. It doesn't matter what the "best" is unless you are said-shotcaller. As long as you have one templating engine mastered, you'll be able to pickup the others pretty easily. It's more about the concepts than the tools. With that being said...
I can see why you've got itchy feet. It's a bunch of disparate parts that have a very rigid set of patterns to get anything done. Do you really think webdev will look anything like this in 10 years, especially with webassembly proliferation? I highly doubt it. React is a more granular tool because its just a library and not an entire framework, so if their shitty license which could submit you to patent claims by Faceberg isn't an issue for you, I'd switch to that.

Correction: they switched to MIT license, so that's no longer an issue.

Why? You can mix normal and shitcode easily and if your employer doesn't like you writing good code then you can just go somewhere else.

>mix normal and shitcode framework code easily
Not on a team with multiple people, no.
If the page already has the framework loaded its usually more terse and safer to just invoke the provided methods. Loading in a redundant framework that you're more familiar with is also not an option. Even where vanilla JS is used, a team usually rolls its own framework or library of wrapper methods. A common pitfall of ignoring it would be, e.g. using a direct DOM call to attach an event listener instead of passing it to the library wrapper, causing pre/post hooks to not be registered.
It's also easier to on-board new members onto a dev team with uniform coding conventions, which are usually enforced per code reviews on professional teams.

Frameworks are never safe.
Using textContent and DOM methods IS SAFE.
SAFER AND FASTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
EVEN IF YOUR FRAMEWORK USES IT IT WILL STILL BE SLOWER THAN DIRECTLY CALLING IT!

Using a framework for browser polyfills is much safer than invoking contingent features directly. I'm not convinced you've ever worked on a proper web application, especially considering your passion for saving a callstack frame in a language that suffers from callback hell.

Random bold capital letters in your rant... I've seen that before. Are you the same retard who thinks you don't need math when you can just 'lookup' formulas?

I think you should have at least a basic understanding of math, I did not say that and no I'm not that retard you're talking about.

Ahh I thought you meant safe as in safe if you mean supporting Internet Explorer which looks more like a swiss cheese than you're right.
However if you want to support all browsers you can just refrain from using JS at all and do all those smooth animations with CSS3 when those aren't available you can have :hover at the same time on a menu so it still works without the animation.

when those aren't available you can have :hover at the same time
when those aren't available you can have absolute styling in :hover at the same time

*then
not my native lang

mithril.js.org/
it plays well with other stuff.

He's definitely 'a' retard, not sure if hes 'the' retard.

Static html served from whatever still functions.

No framework at all. Javascript should just supplement the page as the page should work just as well when JS is disabled or isn't supported.

Nah man. All rendering should be done client side!
This is the future, and it is web scale. All the hip, trendy and modern programmers know this. Only crusty OLD "systems" (whatever that is XD lol) programmers do server side rendering LOLz they probably use CGI.

Decent overview of learning react and relavant tech for modern webd dev op, I personally think react is the best thing to ever happen to modern web dev so far and a lot of people hate what they don't understand

Attached: 1533009687152.png (1572x3028, 502.97K)

(op here) If you've ever actually been a web dev, the options you have are indeed limited by management, or the next highest up dev that made the choice. Vanilla is the best, but you rarely get that option outside of writing methods within the framework. For very small projects, sure, an anonymous wrapper and vanilla is best, in order to get a "job" you will have to learn some framework enough to pass the interviews and not trigger your co-workers.

This is good info, I'm going to have to focus on something and react always looked better than angular. Anything google makes me cringe, typescript makes me cringe, because they force the lifecycle and versioning upon you randomly.

I'm thinking mithril or react at this point.

Since fucking when does MIT prevent patents? Last I checked, it predated software patents and thus offered absolutely no hard protection against patents. Apache license is MIT + patent protection.

I would use whatever you expect to be maintained for the next 5+ years

I was referring to Faceberg's retaliatory claims in the previous React licensing model.
I think you're underestimating the Kafka-esque nature of patent law.

Attached: nedry1_0_o.png (311x291, 265.92K)

Why don't you americans just remove that software patent law. I mean are you also able to patent math over there? Sounds fucked up.

Because we're not done inventing shit for the rest of the world to immediately appropriate and resent us for.

Could you maybe reach down and touch your crotch? You sound like one whos Egotesticles have grown way out of proportions.

Roll your own.

Moon.js is probably one of the least bloated out there
github.com/kbrsh/moon

If you're only learning frameworks to get jobs, then why are you asking here?

This is the same shit you'll get on any other forum.

In general, just don't. Use features that exist in all browsers, rather than selectively fucking over certain users. If you need to support something ancient, use jquery.

If ((( some users ))) want to use Internet fucking Explorer then they deserve being fucked over.

if you want them to suffer, don't give them any polyfill at all. I'm at a loss for which users you want to give a working website to, but also want it to be slower for them than other people, and are also cleanly divided around browser lines.

Do (((echoes))) even mean anything anymore?

No JS at all. There is no business logic you cannot accomplish with HTML forms.

they're all shit and JS is shit.
then go to HN

uhh when we have 100ms latency for any button press (client side computation), yeah we hate it. it doesn't matter what the fuck benefits you think are there. you could get a clue how retarded your shit is by the complexity of your stupid image for doing literally nothing aside from simple GUIs

GUIs are not simple. GUIs are the single biggest draconian cluster fuckfest that ever befell programming. The entire reason so much effort is put into HTML, CSS, and JS is because of all the awful, odious, lumbering, twisted, accursed ways in the world to do GUI this one is the least painful.

No. All these technologies are absolute shit, predicated upon the fact that web browsers consume strings of text served by http.

I never said they weren't I said they were less shit than everything else. Qt? Gtk? Windows? .NET? They're shit. They're ALL SHIT. Every last fucking one of them. HTML/CSS/JS is just the least shit one that works across all the shit platforms because it's in a shit browser.

You said GUIs. If you're going to add the stipulation of browsers, then HTML wins by default. Other than that, almost every platform you mentioned, and others such as JavaFX, are superior in every way.

This.
Still have to laugh at this youtube.com/watch?v=Z4CwVN9RRbE

Attached: d8f21430c88b15c3739d8f44ed3c4c283b2e513834221068d300a2173646bea0.jpg (500x500, 57.53K)

No. Even a simple GUI builder would beat what the web uses.

stop trying to bring your sluggish, platform-inconsistent garbage to the desktop through Jewlectron and pushing browser to use 3 times as much resources as my entire OS + other running programs

half of those "technologies" are unrealizable attempts of turning turd that is the web stack fundamentally is into a diamond like it's been done for the last decade and the new and emerging standards are more or less jut used for spying on the user anyway, making things even more horrid

hypertext documents should be nothing but simple HTML with barebones responsive CSS sprinkled on top, not the monstrosities oriented at consumer whores. even JS should be optional (i forget the term, but some few years ago, really not so long ago, in webdev world there used to be a principle of responsibility from a webdev of absolutely making site would work just fine even when JS is was not available and serving a simple yet fully functional site instead that would load and work without delay).

kys "developers". this is insanity.

Attached: eTH4RXi.jpg (800x1143, 89.31K)

My only problem with vanilla js is that some of the most common methods have such fucking long names. I hate fucking typing "document.getElemensByClassName[0]" 700 times for every little thing I make.

On the flip side, many people develop an irrational affinity for things they've invested considerable time or money into.

People also like things that make their life a lot easier

Shortcuts and atocompletion

If you know Angular and have a choice in this matter, go with Vue. It's very similar but much more lightweight, simpler, better tooled, easier to understand, and has better community while doing the same thing. Google fucked up hard with Angular2 (deved it for a living for a while, hated it so much) and React is way too different and I don't like mashing HTML inside JS, it gets very confusing because you lack simple basic HTML scaffold that you can slowly augment here and there with reusable JS like you do in Angular/Vue.

what the fuck is wrong with you

The best JavaShit framework is called BUY A GUN AND SHOOT YOURSELF.

WHY IS TERRY A. DAVIS'S DEATH BEING CENSORED?