YaST

Is it worth a shit? SUSEniggers swear by it but I’m not convinced until I have tried it. Anyone have experience with it?

Attached: ECC60795-D2AE-4DE7-83D7-22A0F55D796A.png (512x384, 31.12K)

Do you like having a feature filled Entarpyse® systems management experience built in ruby? Then YaST is for you!

Attached: debugger_crash_handler.png (605x192, 19.42K)

Slow, confusing, not the UNIX-way.
It works standalone in the terminal but also plugs in as a module in the SUSE Control Panel..?
Weird shit.

It's dead. Get over it.

Attached: 1532618132863.jpg (1280x720, 280.95K)

I tried out the YaST2 installer in January and ran into a bug that prevented me from installing.
Filed a full bug report with logs, kept trying until I triangulated the issue for them and eventually suggested a 1-line code change to fix.
Instead of fixing it, the Yast team assigned the bug to some other team at Suse. The bug is still open.

Didn't YaST used to be .NET shit?

If by .Net you mean Mono, then no.

It makes me sad. SuSE was my first loonix.

Attached: 8e7c1f49bc793ab99fc42ac8bf4b56a4b6bdb8bd1007c4143eb9c62a0632ba52.png (502x374, 166.28K)

SUSE has been sold around like a cheap whore for years. I doubt Blitz want to spend $2.5 billion only to run it into the ground though.

What's wrong with aptitude?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-01_16-24-06.png (928x495, 38.57K)

This. Why does 2.5 billion spell death to anyone? I think it’s a good thing unless it becomes monetized in poor ways. Enterprise Linux distributions are generally stable. And YaST seems cool despite some admitted skepticism on my part. I’m a noob so it will be helpful anyways.

Nothing. No one said there was anything wrong with it. I’m trying to use openSUSE because it’s one of few distributions that actively supports single board computers without gay “maker” software shoved down your throat. Not to mention Ubuntu Core

Why use that guinigger shit when i can use portage?

You can create a LAMP stack in like 3 clicks

yast is not a package manager

Neither is aptitude. Read a book nigger.

Double nigger

SuSe has no reason to exist. It has literally no benefits over Cent/RHEL which is basically the standard, or Ubuntu server.

True story. Talked to one of their sales people at a conference. Straight up asked this question. "Why would I want to use SuSe instead of Cent or RHEL?".

They couldn't give me an answer.

It's oracle tier software. Nobody ever uses it unless they're using some shitty piece of software that requires it for some reason.

What about their IoT compatibility? The documentation for different single board computers is pretty impressive. They’re the only community that I have seen that keeps up with most of the random boards that come out and provide tutorials on installs for each one of them. I believe you about the sales person, but it’s sales. They’re useless anyways lol

dude, don't drop double nigger willy nilly like that unless you really mean it and they really deserve it.

Triple “dog” nigger

fucking madman

Christ, that's literally their job to sell you on pro SUSE propaganda.

Yes, but they probably don’t know about their competitors’ offerings. Sales people are trained for a very narrow amount of knowledge. Stray too far and they’re as helpless as children.

That's it, no more watermelon today.

I use OpenSUSE on my desktop and laptop and I sometimes use the GUI version of YaST in KDE. No real complaints here. It's simple enough to use and does what I need every time in less than a minute.

Quadruple nigger

Ok great. I’ll try it out then.

If you are looking for a "rolling release" desktop, then OpenSUSE is probably the most stable one.
I've tried YaST, but I think in the current state (not showing some security critical options while setting insecure defaults) it may be really harmful.

Huh ok

I think he's fishing.

There is plenty of good Swedish software, you're just meming. Linus Torvalds grew up speaking Swedish btw, he's completely fluent.

He's a Finn.
Swedes don't make good software.

and that's why he knows swedish..