Why is it so hard to find decent internet?

Why are there 5 good choices of ISPs in the city a mile away from my city but Xfinity has a monopoly in my city? It's ridiculous. 4G data sucks. Is there really no other way to beat the Xfinity monopoly than to pay out the ass?

Attached: persona_5___morgana_by_starriichan-db5aoc6.png (810x986, 172.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_Act_of_1996
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every city has some gay ISP with a monopoly. Let's get scubapunk and hijack a backbone.

I just tried to cancel my old place's mediacom subscription and it was a three hour phone quest that was only ended by by driving to their localish hive and saying my loud, mean words while physically imposing myself on them

At least my birth state finally maybe had the balls to boot out Spectrum, but I'm willing to bet they will get comcast to take their place instead lol.

This.

Be glad OP you don't have to deal with satellite or dialup. Yes dialup is still a thing and in some places it's literally all you have.

Why don't you create your own ISP? Then you can make it not shit. I bet most existing ones are shit by pure laziness that only a monopolist could possibly have.

What do you suggest to do in order to accomplish that.

Buy some fiber and lay it on the ground I guess. Then hook it up to some routers and shit.

Just move

preferably back to his home country

I'm in Florida and if you start a small business just some computer gig the license is just $50 you can get a business acc. it's much better and you can just get Internet and that service alone, that 25mbps connection has no data caps because it's run from a totally different location than Xfinity. :)

Attached: Let Go.jpg (255x247, 32.86K)

Its a cat :3
And a cat is fine too UwU

ITT americans

Boohoo I'm stuck on fixed wireless nbn I get 1mbit-50mbit

>tfw yuropoor

Move to Europe, where there is competition between companies. The US is only a so called capitalist country. True competition has been killed by lobbyist and campaign contributions (= bribe in Europe).

We could have had symmetrical 10gbit by now but Australia sucks cocks the end

It's an American imageboard, shithole-dweller.

'Yahoo answers'-tier response.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_Act_of_1996

Briefly, they deregulated the telecommunications companies in the mid-'90s and this allowed the industry to consolidate massively. Now a handful of regional monopolies serve most of the internet and it is simply not in their profit interests to provide better service.

top kek

Latency my dude. Latency id what matters. Speed you can always increase with MPTCP and MPUDP

Not even IRL? Not shiggying or diggying.

Could communism be the answer?

Because you live in America.

I'm having to find a different ISP. They upped their prices again out of nowhere. TWC wasn't too bad, but Spectrum are absolute scumbags. I hope this company dies soon.

I'm in America and have symmetric 1Gbit fiber. $80/month.

No thanks

WHY IS TERRY A. DAVIS'S DEATH BEING CENSORED?