Electrofags get in here

Real 'Tesla Coil'

Is the concept of the 'Tesla Coil' from the old Red Alert games viable? I would love to see arrays of these placed along Trump's border wall, and along select European coastlines used by untermensch invaders.

Also Energy weapons general

Attached: 2.jpg (640x480 74.96 KB, 23.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ra.afraid.org/html/lib/rasucks.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

Electricity, like water, takes the easiest path possible. Think about it for a minute.

Electricity takes ALL paths available to it.

We're talking about AC, you baka.

The hard part is making the intended discharge path have lower resistance than all other paths to the ground and all objects in range can be considered "grounded", electrically speaking. You would have to somehow ionise (or better, plasma-ise) the air on the path to make it electrically conductive before the discharge. Maybe an extremely high-energy targeted microwave laser pulse could heat up the water suspended in air enough to turn it to plasma. Then again, at this point you have a badass microwave laser weapon OF DOOM, why would you need a following electric shock?
I say it's a completely impractical idea that will stay in fantasy land forever. Having said that, a few real-life (non-weapon) Tesla coils every mile or so would look very nice on the Wall™ for decorative and scare factor. Ping Trump on twatter with the idea ;).

(Me)
Another way I can think of would be to fire a small physical projectile filled with hot plasma designed to disperse a trace of plasma along its path. Due to needed temperatures it would probably have to be fired with a coil gun or such, rather than a traditional explosive-based gun, as no barrel would withstand firing it. The projectile would be small, the size of a rifle bullet and would not inflict much damage on its own, the damage would come from the following electric discharge along the plasma trace.

I'm wondering if rail or coil guns would be viable on a robot. They seem to require huge capacitors to make them dangerous enough in any way. The only way to build low weight weapons seems to be using chemical reactions or pressurized air in containers out of lightweight metals. Electricity driven weapons are interesting, but you already need a huge platform to make them viable in any way. Lasers also need shit tons of energy/cooling and are a lot more harmful in experimentation.

Some day, maybe.

Attached: g454df56g46dsf.jpg (500x590, 97.59K)

With current technology. Caps are getting denser by the year as the industry thinks up and polishes new ways of constructing them. It's only a matter of time before they become lightweight enough to power a practical energy weapon.

This is the same problem faced by the electric car industry, by the way. Electric engines are a solved problem for a century already, we were waiting for battery tech to catch up to make off-grid vehicles viable.

Sad!

>>>Zig Forums
>>>/oven/
>>>/auschwitz/
don't tell me you wouldn't want similar tech guarding your gulags, comrade
it was the commies who had them in RA, after all

Research the Plasma Focus.

No it is more energy effcient just to make a rail gun anyways

Please keep your common sense out of cool tech.

Attached: Tesla Car Thief Protection-9nRqbQr7VGk.mp4 (480x360, 5.29M)

Fuck off, retard.

I was looking for the unit list of those games, and came across this funny piece. Back in 1997, when you didn't like something and wanted to rant on the web, you pretty much had to build your own site. Posting this for nostalgia reasons.
ra.afraid.org/html/lib/rasucks.html

This.

Attached: a.jpg (850x1131, 103.76K)

Feel free to explain why there are no railguns in existence today that don't require huge buildings full of giant capacitors.

What are you even trying to get to?

I hated red alert with a passion. After loving the original C&C so this is a great read for me.

Because THERE ARE RAILGUNS IN EXISTENCE TODAY, and there are not tank-busting tesla towers. If the latter was more efficient we would have used that a long fucking time ago, but it's not because the strength of an electric field is inversely proportional to the square of the distance away from its source. The fall-off is so fuckfast that you wouldn't need a hundred huge buildings full of giant capacitors to even get close to the range and effectiveness of a railgun. We're talking about producing lightning bolts here, which require "weather" scale forces to produce. Billions of tons of cloud sliding past hundreds of miles of earth just to generate the spark big enough to jump the gap.

but don't railguns launch projectiles?

What you think they are doing at HAARP?

Yes, which is exactly why they are more efficient than tesla coils. You pack all the energy into a lump of metal and make it go really really fast, and that lump of metal is only constrained by friction and gravity and none of those have inverse square roots. By converting the energy from one form into another form that is easier to transport from one place to another, you have made it more efficient.

Not fucking blowing up tanks with lightning bolts.

It's more energy effective to genetically engineer cute girls with esper powers and employ them than to use tesla coils.

Attached: 1519096029147.jpg (604x338, 148.64K)

And the fringe benefits are out of this world.

It doesn‘t need to be that complicated. Dust is usually positively charged which result results in thunderstorms when they‘re accelerating high up by circular winds between high and low pressure areas.
You could just use a Dyson on reverse with high enough voltages.

I fucking knew that a retarded HAARP LARPEr was bound to appear on this fucking thread.
IT'S FOR FUCKING REFLECTOMETRY YOU GOD DAMN PEANUT SIZED SMOOTH BRAINED CHIMPANZEE

no u

There's unironically lasers burning houses and incinerating cars, CIA nigger. The future is already here.

Go ahead and google 'handheld railgun'

i dare you

So?

WHY IS TERRY A. DAVIS'S DEATH BEING CENSORED?