"DUDE THIS IS DARKNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So the trailer for this new film about the deep, dark web came out a few months ago (its recently become more popular), and it looks cringey as fuck to anyone who knows even slightly what they're talking about when it comes to the dark web, or computers, or even just common sense.

Everything in this trailer is stupid.
From the film's tor browser clone "river browser" having to span itself over fourteen different nodes to access its sector of the dark web (on the river network I guess. You know, "tor" actually stands for something, it means something. What the fuck does "river" mean?), to how the villain whose supposedly this genius hacker person carelessly leaves his laptop in a coffee shop (and gave his user account the most suspicious username ever), to how this moron who works in a coffee shop somehow managed to get into this guys account either because it wasn't password protected (some hacking genius this guy is) or that it was so easy to crack that even this coffee shop moron could crack it, to why the fuck is this genius hacker person accessing the darkweb on his host operating system which is none the less a mainstream operating system that is likely to catch a virus, e.c.t.

So this all got me thinking about something which has been bothering me for quite a while now. Why do most people not know shit about the darkweb?

As far as Computer Science goes, it's relatively simple to understand.
But you always hear people, especially online, talking complete bullshit about it.
I see it in my school a lot where you have these stupid kids boasting about how bad-ass they are because they downloaded the tor browser (again, on their fucking host operating system. If they actually get the balls to browse the dark web properly their computer is going to break in like five seconds).

I actually showed one of the students in my school that I had downloaded the tor browser. He was terrified because he thinks that the browser itself is illegal and that just accessing the dark web is illegal.
It got to the point where he actually tried to bribe me to delete the tor browser.

So back to my main question. Why do people not know shit about the dark web?

So yeah, now that's out of my system, do you guys have any .onion links or link lists you could share?

["Unfriended Dark Web" Trailer] i iedadafe
youtube.com/watch?v=XenTM_C9fxM

Attached: Darkwebmeme.jpg (500x431, 41.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/02/notorious-Zig
antilop.cc/sr/#assassination_plot
es2adizg32j3kob5.onion/
zqktlwi4fecvo6ri.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
kpvz7ki2lzvnwve7.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would they, user? It's not like they're PEDOPHILES, am I right? Everybody knows that PEDOPHILES are the only ones who want to hide their online activity. Anyone who isn't a PEDOPHILE has no need to know about the evil, PEDOPHILE-enabling dark web.

To be fair, didn't the owner of Silk Road get taken down due tp retarded opsec on his part? It's not that inconceivable that le darkweb hackerman could be a retard who thinks le darkweb is all he needs to protect his identity.

He was likely framed, it wouldn't take much for a group of well connected corrupt federal agents to get someone to have incremenating evidence posted to public forum and have the date modified.

Several agents from different agencies were charged after the case for trying to flee the country with hundreds of thousands in cash while hundreds of bitcoins were missing. And then there's the issue with the fake IDs that were probably purchased by the agents and sent to their patsy in order to incriminate him. The story about an assassin that was hired(another fed agent) was so far fetched they ended up dropping that story.

The whole thing was a massive shitshow and Zig Forums was a participant as the judge had his information posted here.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/02/notorious-Zig Forums-subboard-has-history-wiped-after-federal-judges-doxing/

He had an FBI agent working directly within silk road. She would later go on to work for Silkroad 2 and fuck everyone there as well.~

Is OP 12 as well as a faggot? Any movies or TV series involving tech are always completely wrong. Hollywood hacks don't understand tech and just write shitty stories based on the memes of tech.

antilop.cc/sr/#assassination_plot

NEWSFLASH
Movies and broad mainstream culture at large takes few tiny bits of every niche cultural corner to bastardize and make point out of (how this cultural corner went too far away and that they need to keep it more to mainstream).
They also take everything and make it more extreme for normie mind to actually look at.

But even in that deep deep sea of lies there are few little bits of truth here and there. Those things might call someone that seeks truth over to our side?

Overall, it is dumb to be mad over something a jester does. His job is to make fun of everything and entertain. Just "do what thou wilt" and be a 23 year old boomer and take a sip I guess. Life is a pussy, finger her.

let me guess, they see a bunch of CP and le darknet markets and the end of the world happens. when normies see this shit tor will become illegal and we will all have to use google chrome with a google plus account

Most of Tor traffic goes to pedo sites tho, there was some research

All you need to know about the darkweb.
1) Created by the US Navy
2)Has drawn the attention of every Government on Earth for the illegal content it once held.
3) Said governments ass raped it, and got rid of basically 95% of the content.
4)Still slow as fuck
5) The average image board, if it survived, was posted to a minimum of a year or two ago.
6)Nothing in the wiki even works.
7) Its fucked and pretty much useless for now.

You're honestly better off, not using it.
Not because it is evil, but because it is like a giant wasteland of "fucking nothing".
If you use tor, use it to make your traffic anonymous, don't use it, trying to find any form of tor based content. The tor network and all of its hosting is basically a a nuclear wasteland of nothing. Sure you might find some guys blog for 4 years ago, but nobody gives a fuck about that, now do they?

The only thing worth browsing TOR for was HackBB.
They nuked the fuck out of it as well, from what I could tell. All the links, even in the hidden wiki, for hackbb no longer work.

You are remembering it wrong. Do some of your own research first, next time.

It's not useless. In fact, I am using it right now. (OK, technically I'm using an onion service to post this but it's not very dark.)

Like I said, you are using it, but you aren't really getting "tor exclusive" content. Just a mirror of a clearnet shitposting site.

If that was based on the amount of data, I could believe it. You can download a whole lot of text for a few dozen pictures.

I actually laughed

i know this is just satire, but it's sad some really think like this.

Only way to stop this is to live in a police state. It's funny how privacy rights can sound like white noise until you lose them.

This.

That thing about opsec was most likely parallel construction, and proof that Tor is compromised.

And? How would you evaluate normal internet traffic? By informational value of media?
The fuck you talking about? Network congestion and ammount of data being put through any given net is the only real evaluator because network speed is a factor people pay for. And big hosting companies pay for amount of data their sites put out.

The fuck you talkin about willis?

Yu-huh

Without proof, that looks like backwards logic

You could keep an eye on the activity of the site by counting the requests it receives.
Even better you could be checking the ratio of requests to data transmitted and get a better image of what's going on.

Your argument was about the average guy using .onion sites, not hosters.
If you intend to profile people using the darkweb, you'd be better off evaluating activity along the lines of (time spent on-site based on activity log)*(Multiplier based on average time spent with material from site (for example, how long an average pedo faps to an archived CP-pic multiplied by (filesize dled/average archived single CP pic)) to account for activity-heavy but data-light sites like forums and vice-versa as well as CP sites.
Just because I download a few episodes of 1080p anime a day doesn't mean I spend a hundred times more time watching anime than writing on imageboards.

eh, they use a backdoor, identify him, frame him.
not that impossible

Asante of the shroomery denies it being compromised though. He said it's only been involved in one unrelated case about divorce in the courts.

The problem is that you're assuming a very surprising thing (tor being compromised) to explain a mostly trivial thing (one guy getting caught),: without evidence to justify that, it's nothing but conspiracy wankery.

the silk road guy was v& because he used his email on the clearnet once

Nibba you braindead
I said "most of Tor traffic", I never said anything about Tor users. Just saying a statistical fact that Tor is used by and for MOSTLY pedoshit. And the ammount of data mostly used by Tor is pedo stuff. So in conclusion, if your Tor network spends petabytes transfering pedo material and few kilobytes transfering text connected to privacy concerns and whistleblowing, what do you think what Tor supports more? What is conclusion here?

Attached: 1533500446185.jpg (500x281, 25.77K)

kys

Nigger nigger nigger nigger
Happy?

Glupkoooo taj mali lutak vozi auto praviiiii

Notwithstanding your stupid halfchan reaction image, notwithstanding your brain-dead white, teenage suburbanite prose, you are blatantly lying.

You want to talk about statistical fact? Are you referring to the statistical knowledge that you're clearly blowing out your ass? Or are you talking about the facts you clearly don't have? I've run a Tor node for almost a year, and I have the quantifiable knowledge necessary to reasonably infer that less than 3% of Tor traffic is for hidden services. 97% of Tor traffic, over three standard deviations, is for clearnet.

Holy fuck, a retard is you.

similar flick to one about 5 years ago with a similar name that was never published. 2ยข script

How do you know that information though? Does exit nodes also participate in exchanging data through rendezvous points?

You're all cancer and you need to be +18 to post here. Your movie is irrelevant and shitty. Go live stream your suicide on "muh darknet", faggots.

My conclusion is you're retarded or propagandizing.

Thanks for running an exit node. There was another study that showed popularity of various onion sites, and illicit content was another small fraction of that 3%. In other words, CP on Tor is about as prevalent as CP on clearnet.

Yep, it's gonna be shit.
Why should they? There is no content there that interests them. Whatever they want is indexed by search engines.
The fame of the dark web was not given by the normies, mind you. It truly has illegal content and everyone who refers to it, both inside and outside of it, exaggerates it's contents.

Exit nodes are not used when a onion site is visited, though.

but thats not wrong
of course we know CIAniggers do this to scare us away from tor and prevent us from posting anonymously but you cannot deny tor has a foundation in pedophilia.

What? Tor users have never been able to upload images on Zig Forums. Just post text.

It's a board-specific setting. Zig Forums blocks image posting for tor users, but some other boards do not.

He is braindead idiot that larps online for replies because he is lonely
Just let him be

No it isn't, it's site wide. It's been that way since the HS was first introduced years ago. I've been using the hidden service since the vanity address began with fullchan (then hotwheels leaked the private key in IRC)

Just disable FBI's javascripts, you dunce

t. US Government

it was funded by the navy.

remember goys, it's better to browse over cleartext than to assimilate with TORPEDOS RIGHT?

i hate you all:
Clear web
Deeb web
Dark net

For the lels

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-10-12-12-20.png (1080x1920, 706.01K)

Nope. Degenerates mostly can't be bothered with soemthing like installing Tor (let alone configuring it to access CP, which is mostly on the clearnet so you don't need Tor to see it, and largely requires JS so you couldn't see it with a proper Tor configuration anyway).
Thinking something is true doesn't turn it into a "statistical fact".
gas yourself

Well since you used a meme term like "darkweb" we can't know for sure what you're talking about, but Tor works perfectly fine, especially on websites that aren't broken as fuck and require 50 sequential roundtrips to view a 1 paragraph article. If you want muh 1gbps connection go install chrome on a windows machine and don't bother setting up Tor.

oh good point, let's continue to pretend to no nothing about Tor because that's for pedos XD

fuck off. this is a board for people who are competent in da computer

Hey! Wanna listen to nickelback in my honda civic while we drive to jack in the box? That would be so sick dude.

No shit? Something that enables anonymity has enabled people who cannot indulge in their fetish safely without anonymity?

Mind=blown

Here's your mindblow in return. Pedophilia is not rape.

:^)

Attached: 1529627608457.jpg (699x2706, 619.51K)

OP, for a thrill you should watch Nerve. I think you'll enjoy it's interpretation of "the dark web" and "open source"

es2adizg32j3kob5.onion/

MODS MODS MODS

zqktlwi4fecvo6ri.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

old news but thank you

The hidden wiki is a fucking joke, all the links are broken and the site is a cesspool of infighting and general autism. It's only used by summerfag normies who hear about it on le creepypasta youtube channel deep web stories part 44

Tbh it's better that disinfo is out there about the deep web, it creates a barrier that prevents normalfags from accessing it.

Considering the hidden wiki is a dead normalfag infested cesspool we could make our own hidden service wiki. I'd do it but I'm retarded with opsec, if anyone is interested we could get some people together and make it happen

literally used tor as a kid to bypass parental controls on my parents router, kek

And down the rabbit hole I go.

Attached: Lain Ether.gif (500x357, 949.53K)

How about trying to understand how lightnings work

Attached: feynman.png (1852x609, 85.85K)

How is it bad? Also there seems to be two of them.
kpvz7ki2lzvnwve7.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

What happened to NNTPchan? It seems to have completely disappeared of the face of the interwebs.

Attached: the war.png (786x717, 746.21K)

Lack of users, difficulty of adding nodes would be my guess. It had a couple bad nodes ruin it for everyone last I heard.

That's too bad, it was a unique concept.

Most people don't know anything about computers or the internet. Your stores about TOR and the kids at school reminds of a two I have

Wow sport, you are so worldly for knowing how an IP address works. Tor too? Wow!

You obviously missed the point of his story.

You're obviously too impressed by a teenager on an imageboard. His story is of the garden-variety "normalfags are stupid, lol" variety.

I did as well ?

What is the point ?

Ego stroking.

Attached: 262959a695c1952e9803f6c6498178157bbfae77a5cb53970e40c995381e59f2.jpg (765x768, 75.88K)

the funniest part about it all is that to the uninitiated WE are the dark web

Seeing the image above while reading your post gave me a laugh.

Didn't hear last news about Tor Project and Mozilla converging? Soon when normies will click "new private window", Firefox will connect to Tor automatically.
This also means more stress on the network and dial-up speeds once again.

There is one node I know about:
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/
Some i2p boards use it too.

If net neutrality gets repealed, any ISP can go full retard and rightfully block all traffic except what they want, then bribe users and Internet services for access permissions. This will include Tor, VPN protocols and i2p because their traffic signatures are not whitelisted or all Internet destinations besides Google are blocked.

remember smiley

His specific way of using Tor is compromised: public hidden sites are easy to bust just by listing the top N IPs by traffic and then seeing who correlates best with the timing of page refreshes. It's parallel construction, though not because of covering up eavesdropping but because statistical correlation doesn't meet a proper standard of evidence.

Did your prepubescent mind come up with that garble? Official documents say that Ross Ulbricht did not isolate his web server completely in Tor. FBI scanned internet for his captcha page which was served by third party in turn IIRC on http port and voila, this is how they got his server IP. What happened next is they contacted the local police in Iceland where data center is located and asked for IP addresses ever connected to that server. Turned out, dumb nigger used a fucking V P N service to connect to his own very secret darkweb server. Not Tor, a VPN service from some CIAnigger company. The rest of this case is pretty self-explanatory.

That's a lot of text that you typed just to say "LMAO I know how tor works, sekrit Klub amirite? XD"

thats not how it works skiddo