Trashfireware

rip android (and, haha, windowsphone)

news.sky.com/story/powerful-skygofree-android-malware-able-to-steal-whatsapp-messages-11209986
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/01/found-new-android-malware-with-never-before-seen-spying-capabilities/

Attached: trashcan-on-fire.jpg (1597x1600, 480.86K)

What's the likelihood of getting malware on android if I never download any apps or go on the web with the phone?

The fuck are you doing with an android phone then? Sounds like you could save a lot of money by buying a not-smartphone

Calling people. What else would I use a phone for?

My 10$ bargain bin phone can do the same thing. It also lasts forever between charging and has been working for years.

Smartphones are botnet. What else is new?

If Windows didn't die because of that, Android won't either.

So what? It's not like I am losing any more money that what is already spent.

most apps already spy on you, it fucking tells you when you install them

I just want to read pdfs and not have to carry around another thing. Only major thing stopping me from rooting the damn thing is the fact that I'm a good enough driver that I'll be getting almost $200 knocked off my car insurance if I keep the insurance company app + use their stupid bluetooth gps antenna. Drivers in good chunks of burgerland are just plain terrible and I'll take what I can get to fuck over anybody who wrecks me.

cant Magisk secure safetynet and lets your meme insurance app works still after rooting?

Do you ride with the General?

Attached: General_Character_2013.png (200x319, 75.55K)

Until Magisk shits itself and leaves your device unbootable. It has happened to me 5 times now on 3 different devices.

How can I get malware if I use Fdroid

Attached: bfa5555325fa8b0fe481a026ff79efc67bf03c84901aee620fad26b4abffd86a-b.jpg (480x480, 12.93K)

malware for smartphones isn't remotely new, even to normies. once phones became "smart", malware on them became normal

Probably a compromised fdroid server?

Attached: cnn-wi.jpg (297x400, 25.5K)

my toughts exactly, this news is over half a year old, come on

100%, they come with malware (e.g. google framework) out of the factory.

yea but ALL phones are botnet now... their locations are tracked whenever they are on, and all the calls and texts get logged at least for several weeks/months most places. the mobile service does that, there's no way out of it.

big criminals have stopped carrying phones, except for one that they call their relatives with (parents/siblings/children) and they NEVER discuss business on the phone. it is strictly for personal use only. they usually leave the phone at home and if they carry it around with them, they take the battery out.

A user has to be dumb enough to fall for phishing
A user must be smart enough to enable third party apk installs and not stick to Goodgoy Store
Who the hell thought it was a good idea?