What comes after GNU/Linux?

what is the future os in current year goyim?

Attached: plan_9.png (640x480, 12.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pwnies.com/archive/2017/winners/
invidio.us/watch?v=SlIqsvntSEc
bloodntongue.bandcamp.com/track/it-aint-rape
vetusware.com/download/Windows NT 4.0 Source Code 4.0 sp3/?id=11581
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nothing wrong with systemd. sage because literally gitgud.

Realistically, a hypervisor that is completely locked down and designed with the encrypted memory extensions being worked on in mind. It will make it impossible to reverse engineer software without having nation-state resources or being Israel. It will be used to spy on you, detect wrongthink, and prevent you collaborating against your masters.

If we hadn't killed Hitler, we'd instead be talking about the future of kernels being where everything runs in kernel mode at the same privilege level. Programs in bytecode would be verified safe when the OS does codegen so most context switches and complex and slow shit like copy_from_user() that were needed for safety on kernels depending on the hardware to provide security could be dropped. We might even be talking about systems to safely allow upcalls from the kernel to a user program, getting rid of buffering at the network layer.

If we hadn't killed Hitler

Gentoo

GNU + Hurd

ReactOS

systemd is a godsend of an init suite. fuck off

by the time reactos is out of alpha i will be dead and niggers will be extinct

Attached: e25f3091bf215bbafaa91e501ab6408744a960041d1de5a5f42a4cefe940f5db.jpg (385x380, 21.43K)

it takes time to unfuck Windows

I think the more important question is what comes after Linus Torvalds, meaning Linux after he kicks the bucket. You know it'll become a SJW shitfest.

Attached: airsupply.jpg (445x325, 49.08K)

What comes after linus dies is porting kernel modules to openbsd or REDOX OS. Redox is more secure yes seriously because of eliminating most classes of vulnerabilities via rust. But redox uses rust which is already a SJW shithole even though the language itself is useful. OpenBSD is slightly less secure and also has some SJW influence but not as badly as the rust language. But openbsd has intel agencies on all sides trying to eliminate it and its developers from existence along with using the C language and carrying the baggage of POSIX compatibility. But it just werkz with most linux programs after a small amount of porting meaning a huge catalog of FOSS programs and wine/windows programs. But again, either of these options are dependent on writing/porting drivers from sctratch/linux so your hardware works with said kernels.

nice trips m8

Attached: 1533259670884.gif (120x120, 10.48K)

xen is funded by Intel-aviv, so that's out. sel4 is still obscure as fuck and has a ways to go, but it's probably the future. saging since this thread is about to become a category 5 shit hurricane of pajeets and systemd niggers.

Linus Torvalds doesn't do much programming for Linux, it's mostly code study for approval into Linux and setting the direction of Linux. His top developers know his style and know how he does things in LKML.

GNU will not stop being GNU. It will continue as long as there are developers willing to invest into it.

GNU is subverted by redhat who, in the future, could at a moments notice can change the liscense on almost all GNU GPL2 programs to another licsense for future versions that is not libre.

This means nothing when those programmers are paid by jewgle and TLA's to do their bidding. Linus is a gatekeeper of codequality/backdoor removal. Take him out of the equation and the kernel is ripe for subversion and backdoors to pass through with no one saying a word or losing their jobs/lives as the cost.

this. the future does not look good for Linux or GNU.

by the time major vulnerabilities are found and made public (which on average is about 5-10 years after they were introduced) glowindarks have already got their money's worth.

Probably OpenBSD/NetBSD or MINIX

ReactOS, Haiku, BSD, RedoxOS

What of value would actually be lost? systemd? PulseAudio? What does RedHat own that Linux is actually better off with?

If there's anything actually good they own, people could just pick up development on the old version if they change the license.

The only problem with removing the source code is literally every copy and install of gentoo/derivatives in existence. Which means there would have to be a controlled purge of entirely source based distributions. I don't know how redhat would achieve that short of a super worm spread via rsync/ebuild files that wait's for days to connect to drives that the user may have for backups and destroys everything via wifi/ethernet card directed radiation. Or better yet, a five dollar wrench and a list of gentoo users.

alpine linux would be completely fine
ALPINE MASTER RACE

Does alpine linux use a static /dev or eudev? If the answer is no then it too would be afffected.

Life of author plus 100 years.
All it would take is for Redhat/M$/Apple/Jewgle to "convince" the heir of the Linux kernel copyright to sign over the rights of the OFFICIAL LINUX KERNEL.
Once they obtain the license, they can then drive development, and the open source world will be stuck with Linus' last version.
The move would be similar to the Oracle ZFS bullshit.

That shit should have been moved over to musl, or anything else really.

This means literally nothing if, (1) the authors of said code transfer the copyright/licsense to something other then free/libre, (2) the old licsensed code doesn't exist/is purged from everything, (3) you aren't under EU or US law.

But yea, the linux kernel is somewhat safe as long as linus' eye's are looking at it, for now.

GNU isn't yet subverted, but they're working on it. Never forget how they walked all over rms because he didn't see 20 years in the future some words would be triggering nor that triggering would be a thing.

I can see myself using Redox if it matures. And maybe by then, Rust will be tolerable to program with.

OpenBSD.

Systemd is NOT that bad. The worst thing you can say about it is that it's bloated, and even with it GNU/Linux is still a thousand times better than anything else. If Systemd unironically replaced the kernel I'd use GNU/Systemd before switching operating systems.

It is. Not everyone is a fanboy.

Attached: PwnieAwardSystemd.jpg (1045x769, 84.13K)

That's a joke, right?

Probably a microkernel architecture, systems are moving more towards highly concurrent designs and the disadvantages of monolithic and hybrid architectures and current system interfaces like POSIX are already showing their limitations.

You are a fucking retard.

Of course. Everyone is a systemd fanboy.
I don't know what's with the gay logo but it's a real award: pwnies.com/archive/2017/winners/

Attached: 4a56b79afb4f4604157dd93cb601fef3cdc41c580698c134e0dc7022b953b201.jpg (3840x2160, 418.64K)

Nobody is a fanboy of an init system lmao. It's just that not everyone cries about it either. 99% of users will literally never interact with it. Ever. It's a total non-issue.

Good point. Windows users aren't affected at all, so it doesn't really matter. Even the risk introduced by SystemD's gigantic attack surface is actually good as it benefits Red Hat, who, again, is the 99% of Linux companies money-wise, and Microsoft - again helping 99% of users instead of a few nerds.

Found it

Attached: Pwniettering.webm (640x360, 2.56M)

This.

Do you have the full vid?

Nothing. This is the end. Now we find old computers and restore them, or build equivalents from kits or similar designs from old parts.

Attached: The Valley Tape with NewBrain.JPG (1600x1200, 201.99K)

invidio.us/watch?v=SlIqsvntSEc

Fuck off endchan

Attached: never ever.png (1393x898, 859.91K)

Whatever. Keep lying to yourself and think you can find a magical OS saviour. I'm already using OpenBSD for well over a decade, and it's not the final solution. It's only marginally better than Linux. And that's about the "best" there in the modern world. You would have better luck with TempleOS on Terry's new PIC-based hardware design, if he ever gets around to making it.

What part of MAKE IT you don't understand?
You want something that nobody makes? You have to do it yourself.

The part where it's running on modern hardware that's full of botnet and you can't ever be sure some malware or bugs isn't hidden deep.

You're fucking retarded.

I don't have to make anything new, because there's already plenty of old designs to choose from. Basically anything up through m68k-based computers is fine for me. The Terry Davis computer is an idea for someone else to do, someone who actually has experience in hardware design.

Attached: Alice-IMG_0319.JPG (3072x2048, 655.74K)

Not really into the plan9 "community" though i have used it.
Is it just me or has the userbase for it grown?
I see more and more frequent posts about it. (even on leddit when i just look at what /r/plan9).
Could 9front or jehhane or harveyOS be to the original plan9 what BSD or linux is for unix?

It takes far less time to produce Windows though. Unless the Russian government dumps funding and resourses in (which could be in their interest) then ReactOS XP won't come out before I build a functional, good-looking copy of mai waifubot. (circa 2072)
Wine will work on so many more OSs and won't be obselete before beta so I think it is a far better use of development resources.

Redux OS, the premiere Rust operating system

:^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Attached: large.png (1024x768 548.97 KB, 1.23M)

The creator refused to add a coc and said that he is an ancap so there is that.

bloodntongue.bandcamp.com/track/it-aint-rape
embrace the botnet
it has silo'd android and linux now (linux in dev channel)
the unix experience beats what you can get with OSX or Windows 10 except for the bugs
the OS and the hardware just werks, no fuss

He already stated that he has people he trusts to.

Attached: wreck-it-ralph_thanks-satan.gif (245x245, 899.06K)

LITERALLY NEVER INTERACT WITH IT.
It's a buggy piece of shit and the devs are proud of the bugs.

I hope you die a slow and painful death

linux is shit even without systemd

shut the fuck up nigger

Just use BSD or Linux without systemd. There's also Open Indiana which is a fork of the Open Solaris base that ships either as a minimal text install or a Live CD with MATE. If you want something with a shit tier window manager and barely any software, try Sculpt OS. It's based on the Genode framework and the seL4 microkernel OS. It's pretty secure and stable with basic tools like Bash and Vim.

It's more than a million lines of spaghetti code. I hate this whole horseshit narrative of "it's open source so it isn't backdoored!" that seems to get promoted by tech illiterate morons. Sytemd is so large that it couldn't be reasonably audited in a lifetime by any one or even a handful of people, so it might as well be closed source. The whole freetard ideology is a self-defeating one, in that code can just be bloated to the point where no one reads it, making it non-free. Compare this to something like the MINIX kernel core which is like 3000 lines. Shove it up your ass, faggots.

Attached: hitler.jpeg (600x450, 25.74K)

saas vm running on web assembly running in dalvik hosted on xen w/ BOSSlinux.in dom0

the real question is whether we are still going to be running next gen OSes on x86 or will we finally get fully libre RISC processors

fully libre RISC processors already exist but "next-gen OS'" will likely support x86-64 first unless you can somehow get a fully libre RISC processor to be mainstream which would require a feature set robust enough and an IPC fast enough to justify using over current mainstream processors in other words never ever

Nobody even knows for sure what system d does.

Ideally OpenBSD gains popularity or the suckless philosophy catches on and we get a mostly GNU-free Linux. OSS4 instead of ALSA or PulseAudio would be nice too. 9front gaining popularity would be really nice too but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.
In the mobile space, probably Fuchsia.

Poettering you disgusting CIA nigger pls.

Another shit argument for systemd is that "if you're gonna complain about systemd, you need to also hate Linux because that's even bigger". Ignoring the fact that Linux is a monolithic kernel and has drivers as a justification for its size. Systemd has no excuse.

What's wrong with GNU?

You'll never interact with the tumor in your head, so it's a non-issue- right?

GNU is bloated to shit. Even lispnigger can't defend it.

We are going to ditch OS altogether and go back to program over ISAs.

Why don't you fuck yourself? Most people around here are not smart enough to build a whole computing system from scratch in a reasonable amount of time. Your solution is akin to some Chad suggesting "Just be yourself" to an incel.

Then enjoy bitching and moaning forever because you never get exactly what you want.

As long as a single Jew remains alive I'll keep bitching and moaning forever.

Poor little princess.

Someone finally does something worthwhile with the pirated NT 4.0 code vetusware.com/download/Windows NT 4.0 Source Code 4.0 sp3/?id=11581

Attached: 559d7e8f813616683eabecd33698ecb721e487f4.png (384x1200, 208.85K)

That's literally just a mirror, you fucking moron.

the issue isn't that it's an init system, the issue is that it's cancer.

OpenBSD
Redox OS
Fuchsia OS

Also OSes are a meme, 98% of their SLOC and complexity comes from drivers, on my own simple opensource hardware I wouldn't even need most of what an OS provides.

Linux is not yet consumed by systemdicks. There is much terrain in front of us, non-systemd distros can arose like Devuan, artix and others.

Attached: bráçaro do rolezinho.jpg (500x333, 24.02K)

Did he really do that? If he did, I'd honestly be kind of impressed.

Well no shit? I just posted it because MS keeps deleting any mirrors of it after 14 years since the leak, smartass.

Great but will never reach mass adoption. Sad!

Really the Rust meme?

Because when people want to switch to a new OS for security reasons they use one backed by Google.

Multi-threaded HaikuPlan9/Mach with GNUSTEP Desktop

Cocoa is the only good Windowing Toolkit ever made. No other toolkit has a more elegant architecture, has services, or looks as nice as *STEP/Cocoa

Haiku is specifically for personal computing, it's cool and amazing but I don't know if a specific OS for the PC, phone and server is going to fly anymore.

A new model of computing will eventually come out. And no I'm not talking about quantum, I'm talking about stuff that actually hits consumers hands.

So any OS designed now is kinda worthless.

I think it's a good idea for a PC OS designed only for PC usage. We already have Android as a phone OS as well as other minor systems that are designed only for phone computers. We already have super flexible GNU/Linux systems that can be tuned for server scenarios and that can continue as it is.

No one wants to be assfucked by one million lawyers

just don't update the kernel OwO

name one, and don't say opensparc or talos because neither are fully libre.

that would unironically be pretty cool to tinker with

RISC-V on paper, in practice it has a BSD license so its more likely we'll see proprietary forks from fabless companies first

wait, what's non-free on the talos 2?

IIRC some components are using proprietary firmware

I like OpenBSD. Hopefully Lisp Machines make have some sort of resurgence.

Also, in that same spirit, GuixSD is super cool. I currently run Gentoo, but am looking at tinkering into OpenBSD and GuixSD here soon.

Reminder that Lisp runs faster on general purpose microcomputers than the dedicated Lisp Machines our resident blockquote spammer loves shilling. The only reason we don't have a decent LispOS right now is Lispfags being lazy as usual.

You mean Openstep + Display PS of course, which lives on as GNUstep.

SystemD is not such a big deal we have to abandon Linux you guys are retarded honestly