Which one?

im a noob in coding and i started few months ago to learn c++ and realized that its kinda pain in the ass and i quickly lose motivation and i tought about maybe switching to python and then learning c++
what do you think?

Attached: index.png (273x184 3.24 KB, 6.35K)

lambda calculus

I started in C++, but the quick feedback from the repl would probably be really nice in the beginning.

However, the downside is that you will become a python dev and use this language to make big applications instead of using it as a scripting language and writing small scripts or using it in a notebook. Doing anything big in these types of languages is a nightmare once you go past 2 files or so.

Now you will observe python devs will do damage control and say things like "you write test cases to catch runtime errors" but probably has never written a single test for any of their python projects. Also you need to test every possible path to come close to a simple compiler.

C.Or Go if you like sucking dicks.

HolyC

learn a functional language

It depends what you mean by "doing anything big" - I'll use portage and youtube-dl as examples. Youtube-dl generally is waiting for data, so there's no reason to write it in a different language. What makes portage slow is the calculation of the dependency tree/configuring, and (obviously) compiling. Rewriting it in a different language while maintaining its robustness would be difficult.

Learn Haskell

When starting, go with something easy. I learned on BASIC and LOGO and now I do C/C++ for a living and kernel work. Today I'd recommend Javascript as a starter language. I think it's a better choice than python as you don't need any tools, can easily share your work, and you can do things with it that are relevant to your life as a massive faggot on social media.

Fuck off you underage Indian faggot

Not a good starter language tbh.

Python is OK as long as you don't try to stretch it beyond what it was meant to be. The nice thing about Python is the large number of libraries, you can make something useful in Python much quicker and easier than you could in C++. Just please don't turn into one of those people who learn only one language and then think that's the only language to be used for everything.

Learning to program with JavaScript is like learning how to cook with medical waste.

Again, the pros today learned on BASIC and LOGO. That's much less than "no types" yet they turned out fine.
What really matters in a learning language is that you get the skinner box feedback loop where you can attempt something relevant to your interests and quickly get a reward. So ask yourself which language today lets a kid easily get results that they would find rewarding? ML/PROLOG/Julia/LISP? Since this is Zig Forums maybe I should mention the answer to that is "no".

don't be a nigger and learn C

Ruby or Crystal

CP/M or GTFO

1. Learn C. It's infinitely simpler and no less powerful (also faster).
2. Learn C++ if you still feel the need to bother with objectively inferior languages.

C is just C++ with restrictions.

very wrong

C is C++ with some overarching design other than "let's see if we can cram everything in it". Plus, C has a good concept and core, but so much problems (stdint isn't used by the standard library functions, no good way to genericity other than macro hell, lacking a good way to handle unicode inb4 wchar, no way to check the integer overflow bit, no real arrays/not NULL terminated strings, etc...) that people still use it simply because there's no replacement.
C++, on the other hand, only keeps the problems without keeping the elegant philosophy. I'd rather learn the meme known as ADA than bother with C++.

Just go with Python.

very wrong

funny you chose youtube-dl as an example since I have a commit there which adds possibility to download from a website that was not supported, and THAT was a nightmare to get right, never again

I'm learning python through Tim B.s class on udemy and it's good but I want more practice lessons. Any ideas?

op = input('Are you OP? ')
if op == ('yes'):
print('ur a fgt')

my epitome of learning progress

neither is really difficult to use for general stuff, but the syntax of both is very different... so learning one isn't going to help a whole lot with learning the other one

if you are stuck on MS Windows anyway, for fucks sake use Visual Studio/C++/C#. it's the best IDE for Windows, easily.

if you can't or don't want Microsoft-dependency, then python is probably easier to use and is fast enough for general programming,,, but C/C++ (of any variety) will run way faster

you can do big projects in either... but organizing big programming projects is mainly learned by doing big projects. the language you use isn't going to save you from that.