DEBIAN UPDATED FIREFOX-ESR 53.0 to 60.1 QUANTUM ESR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpeg (474x474, 9.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

packages.debian.org/sid/firefox-esr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sweet. Let me know how much it sucks, I'll put mine on hold.

Simply upgrade your browser to Qutebrowser.

Why are you still using firefox? They've been way worse than chromium in every way, technical and social, for years.

Addons and emacs keybindings
But now that 30% procent of my addons are gone I've no idea what to do.
Some kind of faggy HTML5 encoding recently stopped being supported and like 40% of videos don't work anymore.
Not even when I spoof my browser profile.

Yeah but I dunno vim shit, emacs is muscle memory for me now.

Attached: 1534076918292.png (565x592, 162.06K)

use unknown meme browser instead, it's much better believe me

It's better than ever you faggots. Blazingly fast, I'm planning on configuring it to tunnel connections through Tor until Tor Browser upgrades to 60 ESR as well.

[spoiler]Though I will probably get v& if I do that.[\spoiler]

priceless

S-shut up

Attached: asuka_annoyed.jpg (484x534, 44.05K)

Trolling? I'm pretty sure Debian doesn't have Firefox but IceWeasel or IceCat or SandYeti or some rebranded shit like that, which is kind of separate from Firefox itself. But OK.

You know... if you were a windows user you could just uninstall the new version and reinstall the old one... but I guess in technologically superior Lunix that ain't so straightforward with the package dependencies and all. Or you could reinstall it locally; bonus freetard points if you can actually build it from sauce. Don't call it a grave, it's the challenge you chose.

which addons?
Tell us so we can name you replacements.

packages.debian.org/sid/firefox-esr

Nah thanks I already downgraded

Attached: 1424636286268.jpg (640x932, 116.81K)

Enjoy your (((SECURITY VULNERABILITIES))) mua ha ha ha! You gonna die without the latest and greatest backdoors goy!

Sorry it's just a pet peeve of mine.

your already taking in the ass with systemd you might as well just enjoy getting fucked by pozjew too
install gentoo

This. Proper jewscript isolation is important.

Debian doesn't require systemd.

This is objectively false

it's objectively true performance wise

Who cares, dude.
It's not like every those 10h of your life even are worth that much.

Attached: 1512592315010.jpg (480x480, 29.99K)

Just use ungoogled chromium.
Or if you don't like that then use a goanna browser like Sea Monkey or Pale Moon.
Anything else === garbage.

SeaMonkey builds on top of Gecko, you tremendous faggot. That however might change considering how shit their 60-based nightly is right now.

write your own browser with qtwebengine(c++) or webkit (c). the hardwork is already done for you, you just have to figure out how to use the libraries.

Looks like it's time to fork fagmoon.

It's nice that this idea is catching on. I'd love to see a separation of browsers and engines.

you are faggot and torproject dot org/dist/torbrowser/8.0a9/tor-browser-linux64-8.0a9_tr.tar.xz
here you go, roach

What are you talking about? I'm on Stretch and it ain't here yet.

Attached: Otter_Browser_Logo.svg.png (512x512, 149.06K)

I'm on sid

W-what?

cock

I don't associate with furries.

Welcome to eww, your new browser. Problem solved.

God dammit, 53.0 runs like ass though so I will probably add in the sources and install it

Because Chromium/Vivaldi doesn't build on PPC64LE

There's literally nothing wrong with furry faggots as long as they stay on the other side of the internet.

Install gentoo fagit. Or install palememe.

Oh great, a talosfag. Did you try building Pale Meme yourself?

Firefox uses about twice as much RAM as Chrome, fuck off with that shit.

apt-mark hold firefox-esr

Now it won't auto-upgrade your firefox.

It comes with it and if you upgrade your system it will install it, it also pulls it as a dependency. If you don't want it you have to manually remove it and then apt-mark hold systemd.

Get Waterfox, it still is - and seemingly plans to stay - compatible with pre-quantum stuff, and has a bunch of Mozilla's garbage like pocket gutted out of it. Furthermore it isn't old and janky as hell like Palemoon.

Both of my machines got 16GiB of ram
Why should I even care

That's about as much memory as my browser uses. Good thing I have 32GB.

OP here quantum isn't that bad as I though, also this version comes with ttr disabled by default.
On other hand it still isn't compatible with the new HTML 5 video shit that sites like twitter are pushing.

Attached: bb3b8bdd101a19d72c8a67e16a73c3881df81bdfr1380349v2_00.jpg (380x349, 26.03K)

Why the fuck?
Is it some kind of bad habbit?

two and a half thousand tabs open ...and counting

Would you mind to share a pic?

I'm not at home right now, so can't do. It wouldn't be that interesting either, I use Tree Style Tabs to organise them and only a small fraction of the tree is visible at any time in the tab sidebar.

Chromium is using about 1000 times the RAM w3m uses for me right now.
Install w3m.

Why don't you just bookmark them instead?

That would lose internal state of each page (how far I scrolled into the text, any half-written shitposts and the like). It would also be WORK. Tabs I just open and read - or not, depending on time. I just leave them be if I want to finish reading them / re-reading them / leave for reference later, and they remain where I left them no effort needed. Thanks to TST's auto-indentation (tabs opened from links in the same document are auto-grouped as children of said document) I don't need to spend time organising them, they already come organised. It's just so comfy.

Is it 2014 again?

Chromium can suck on my ballsack kiddo

I can't suggest this more.

Take tor browser, remove tor addons, add your favorite privacy firefox addons, remove the proxy settings. Badabing badaboom you got yourself a hardened browser with a non-unique fingerprint.

hate to burst your bubble user, but it's hard to get more unique than that

so what? it's still tor, still behind 3+ proxies, still the level of anonymity as vpn

no, your ayy pee is still hidden from the website you're connecting to anyway

Already done that.

Anyone know how to get uMatrix working on 52.9.0?
I'm enraged rn.