You don't own nothing goy

As we have predicted, since the millennial is determined to be a class of eternally renting chattel serfs, Apple is pushing hard for developers to switch to subscription based software, or SaaS in our parlance.

>In April 2017, a group of over 30 software developers gathered at a luxury loft in New York City's suuuupper trendy Tribeca neighborhood after receiving an invitation from Apple. They didn't know exactly why they had been summoned gay sex, but all of them had one thing in common aids: they developed apps for Apple's devices, according to people who attended the event.
>Developers, Apple said, needed to realize the business model of apps was (((changing))). Successful apps tended to focus on long-term engagement instead of upfront cost. Indie faggot developers who wanted to capitalize on this needed to move to a subscription model, as Apple had made possible in the past year in a splashy announcement.

>The new way Apple wanted to promote: Instead of users good goys paying for apps once, they'd pay on a regular basis, putting money into developer coffers on a regular schedule shalom. Apple would still get a 30% cut of the subscription's cost, but if a customer continued to subscribe after a year, Apple's cut would go down to 15%.
>This meant that developers needed to spend time turning free customers into high-value customers, and also worry about churn — the percent of customers that used to subscribe but canceled. Apple suggested several tactics, like offering 2-4 options to improve conversion rate, segmenting users by price -- das racist!. Apple also suggested that after a month, it was seeing 41% retention on apps that increased their prices, only slightly lower than the 61% retention that it was seeing when subscription prices were kept the same.

>One of the biggest winners from the changes to the App Store is Lightricks, an Israel-based developer [No coincidence they're getting a free plug] which makes several serious photo editing apps for iPhones and iPads under the Enlight brand. FaceTune was the No. 1 most downloaded paid app on the United States App Store on Friday. It's a paid app that costs $3.99. But although most developers would love to have those kind of numbers, Lightricks cofounder ((Itai Tsiddion))) is more excited about FaceTune 2, which uses the subscription app model.
>If you want to sign up on a monthly basis, FaceTune2 costs $5.99 to unlock. Annually, it costs $32. And if you just want to buy it outright forever, it's a whopping $69.99. "Those are the prices we can command with subscriptions ya worthless goy bastards ," Tsiddion said. "We were pitching, 'we'll get to $20.' We're at $36 now!"

archive.is/SbdHa
thisisinsider.com/apple-secret-meeting-developers-new-york-subscriptions-app-store-2018-7

Are you guys as excited as me to never own anything outright? Owning things makes for a poor user experience, really it's so uncool and boomer, ya gotta be dynamic and trendy to participate in this forward looking system of renting everything.

Attached: this man is not your friend.jpg (960x640, 120.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freelancer.com/
cr.yp.to/softwarelaw.html
zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-28/how-cia-made-google
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Libertarians will defend this.

Attached: modern_society.jpg (900x789, 229.06K)

Is it the corporations' fault normalfags are complete lemmings?

le

Attached: 356bd0557f149a7297bfd616af397fca2cfca10ea865deb26d162ceee5bcc2d5.jpg (240x295, 12K)

Welcome to Zig Forums. Where do you think you are, kid?

Yes, they are simply less intelligent and we do not need to help them at all; also 10 year old girls should be able to prostitute themselves and sell their organs. Who will build the roads? Corporations. National defense? Corporations. Drugs? Food standards? Water regulation? Parks? Corporations. Trust the oligopolies, always.

We need roads to be stratified into pricing bands. Do you really want to be stuck behind some pleb who's poorer than you when you could be zooming along with your life!

You currently don't own anything. Software has been on a renters base since the late 80s. Your license could be revoked at any time even for software you have on disc.

The solution is always the same: GPL and warez.

And when FaceTune 3 comes out the previous version they bought for $70 will stop working or lose most of its functionality. We've seen this happen numerous times in the gaming world and by and large the public accepts it while the press assures them 'that's a good thing'.

I was curious what the FSF types call it and they have their own confusing acronym SaaSS(Service as a Software Substitute) that nobody will ever use. It's a terrible name since the word service brings to mind something dutiful or altruistic aimed towards you as a customer. Sofware as a disservice is more accurate.

Do you seriously think the state is the biggest censor today, and businesses are tolerant? This is demonstrably false; how many employed people have been fired for what they said in private? Do they not shut out or red-pencil alternative news/journalists/criticism in general?
How exactly would this be regulated in your libertard paradise?
Anyways, excuse me while I go to the grocery store to buy heroin and non-effluent water. Said grocery store also happens to be located next to a garbage dump, which is also located next to a preschool and a brothel.

Service as a software substitute is an accurate description. It is a software substitute because instead of being software running on our own personal computers, the computer processing happens as a service on somebody else's computer. What happens is that we send our personal data to that service and it will process our personal data and return the results to us. This is how network services work.

Attached: 69771925_p0.jpg (332x416, 115.4K)

It's exactly the same as all proprietary software. It's the grave you chose when you refuse to invest into freedom.

Go make a GPL appstore. You can certify the software is all free, and for you efforts, you can skim off the donations that are given to teams or directed towards kickstarter GPL projects.

Did you even read my post you nigger? Where did I say that? This isn't about your freedom to post YouTube videos. The problem there is the right wing thinking it is a good idea to concentrate all their efforts and content on a few monolithic sites where it can be pulled down at any time. And people enabling YouTube's bullshit by continuing to use their services (and begging the government to step in and nationalize YouTube or some shit so they can live forever as zombie companies).

The real question is: Do you really think Google would have gotten as big as it is today if it weren't for funding from the US intelligence agencies (who would very much like to keylog what's on everyone's minds) and the public education system brainwashing normalfags into complacency and apathy?

That's your decision man.

No problem. I'll sell my software by making a profit on the first sale. If it costs $40000 of my time, then I'm not selling the first copy for anything less than $40000.

You won't get any buyers, but that is why I included the kickstarter option. Otherwise people will have to organize their own collecting purchases, and that's inconvenient. For fulfilling that task, you deserve a small handling fee.

Greed is good.

Attached: Gordon Gecko.webm (640x360, 7.86M)

the place where shutin momma's boys blame their failures on da jooz and le roasties who wouldn't tolerate their autism

You do realize you can sell GPL software right? There will still be ways to obtain it for free (compiling from source) so in effect it's donationware.

I'm an idiot. Regardless consider pricing your software a little more reasonably.

What I said seemed to fit your proclivities.
Wow. If you don't like how Silicon Valley oligarchies want to run your life, just build your own Internet infrastructure, your own movie studios, your own computers, your own music industry, and your own universe. These garish libertarian clowns refuse to understand that these multi-billion-going-on-trillion dollar companies can have more influence and power than the government. As pathetically laughable as it is, the public square is now essentially digital and Web-based.
Yes? Sure, they really didn't do anything of value - the achievement that gave them the crown was creating a non-buggy search engine early on. But, with the rise of the Web, this was obviously very important - and they continued to make the right decisions, ensnaring people further.

He's selling for a high first price because remember that GPL gives every user the right to redistribute it for free. That's the hurdle you have to go through to realistically fund GPL development.

It's called being a programmer for hire. A customer consults with me for a software issue that they need. I will go away, calculate a quote for the software and return with an offer. The customer can negotiate terms and we agree on some deal. It is only at that point when I start programming. If my customer decides to modify then distribute my software for a higher price than I charged, he is completely welcome to do so. If my customer decides to distribute my software at no cost to other people, he is completely welcome to do so. I don't care what my customer does because I have already made my profit.

Yep, we've talked about this before a few months back. I implore you to make the GPL store (and use it to sell your software) because it could be useful to me, and I want to see the idea tested in the marketplace.

I'd rather not work with the business model of offering a software title on some "app store". I'd much prefer to work with the business model of offering my service as a programmer. A website for this kind of service looks like this

freelancer.com/

Corporate defense, technically. Most of the ancap nutjobs advocate for the total abolition of nation-states.

Interestingly, at least in the current United States, corporations are mostly responsible for national defense. A huge amount of the US military infrastructure and supply chain is contracted out to private companies. The only thing that's still largely under the control of the government is the personnel of the armed forces themselves. But even so, the government still employs mercenaries like Academi or whatever the fuck Blackwater is calling itself these days.

A common misconception. cr.yp.to/softwarelaw.html

If ISPs piss people off enough, sure. It's not like there aren't small ISP companies. And if Google seriously leans on them, then you do have legal basis to actually go after Google with your antitrust shit.
We don't need to serve web pages full of Javascript and media bloat to get a message across.
So, yes, basically. These services exist to harvest data. If the users leave, they die.

How do movie studios and the music industry run your life? Does anybody even care about the music industry anymore? People have been making and selling music without the approval of radio stations and big record companies forever.

Technically, the FBI could raid Google servers for storing CP (odds are they do) and "accidentally" destroy them right now.

zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-28/how-cia-made-google

Let's ignore this and let's say Google aren't the arm of the government, and they made the
Then maybe they should be reminded of how they got to where they were? If a company was good but starts being shit you are not obligated to keep using their service.

Good fucking luck going after Google. They have enough money to filibust you in court until you die of old age at this point. The legal system does not work when you can use siege tactics to out last someone else's lawyer.

This is hilarious. It will only be about 5 years before everyone here will be writing software on tablets and sending it off to google, apple, or microsoft to confirm it and sign it. Haha. You all won't do anything about either but complain in your hugboxes like this place. I mean, how many of you are capable enough to make bots through scripts or programs that could spam the internet to fight this? What, like 1/3? And you aren't doing it? How many of you could show the ohter 2/3 of how to write their own scripts and programs to fight this paradigm? Like 1/6? You aren't doing? Haha. Look at you losers. Complaining in a hug box instead of taking action and spamming the fuck out of the internet with your knowledge and know-how to let the system control you that you vomitously insist is against your desires. Good job you all. You deserve it.

No one is forcing you to buy or use their apps.

No, that's just the natural result of 13 years of state run indoctrination public schooling designed to turn children into wage slaves productive adults who engage in things like mindless consumerism buying things and funding wars in the middle east paying their taxes.

US legal system != the rest of the world

The endless cycles of appeals and such which allow the person with the most money to effectively win a court case through a war of attrition are mostly a US-only thing.

Even if you go after them (and, somehow, win (this has been done before, to be fair)) they still have carte blanche. Why? Because hemorrhaging millions means nothing when you're profiting billions. They need to be regulated. But whenever I bring that up, the libertards crawl out of the woodwork, and call me a commie.
How is that germane? said build your own computers, not websites.
I don't understand your catty attitude; I obviously consider them an egregious company. But, was Gmail not a good decision? Was Google Drive not a good decision? Android? All of these are (ostensibly) "free", and incredibly successful.
What are the chances you're using a search engine that doesn't proxy Google results? Slim. (We all know DuckDuckGo is a scam.)

Look at this fucking obvious Apple shill. Look at him. And you all won't use your skills and talents to fight this? It's not that hard when you all work together. Each person makes a script or program that floods a site with a specific message. Another person makes a script or program that checks to make the message is there. Another person makes a script or program to repost the message if it's taken down. Repeat. It's not difficult. Yet you let fuckers like this """"Oh you don't have to buy the app"""" fuck you dude. You are a fucking shill piece of shit and you know it. Get the fuck out of here.

Well, in that case, is it much better of a solution to nicely ask your local representative to nationalize Google?

Not spamming yet, but what makes you think I'm not doing this?

You're doing it too.

What makes I think you aren't doing this? Where's the code fucker? Give it to other people who can use and build on it. Make your own private versions as you need, because I know you will need them, but there's no reason to hoard it when shit like Apple is pulling is going down. Fucking flood the internet with the message that this isn't okay, start here, and see where it goes. Feel good about yourself when you make a difference.

Doing what Apple shill?

Sorry. I didn't say I built a spam bot. I have been outside of Zig Forums and expressed my opinion of "fuck YouTube". Though what you suggest is not a bad idea.

If judicial means work, then it still stands that there will be legitimate competitors.

I was prematurely responding to an objection I anticipated. Non-botnet hardware still exists and is readily accessible; it just doesn't have top-end specs.

You caught me there user. I don't know what's involved in making a search engine.

Fuck I replied to the wrong post.

Ok Apple shill.

that is, like, really gay

Who cares. The cattle deserve to be milked.

Oh that's cool, I bet my employer will agree with that logic.

Attached: katana.jpg (367x500, 18.15K)

Complaining in your hugbox. Start laying out your ideas and dropping some specs on us. Let's take these fuckers down.

That is one stylish overcoat user. I'm glad you think so highly of me.

SMART greed is good. The problem is most of these people are not all that bright.

kek

What kind of app is that? iCurb Stomp Pro?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (640x370 101.83 KB, 360.04K)

Attached: 7dc0d8e70d6eb64131b0abb83f1ca73a9aa15331c7de0292347fb1b695b80255-2.jpg (1440x1080, 53.24K)

20 bucks is still 20 bucks.

Attached: no homo condom.png (533x413, 238.4K)

boomer ass pain detected. face it bucko you old farts ruined the world and the only ones left to fix it are the younger generations which some are trying to do. you are just riding on our coattails.

I have been asking myself if Apple would actually have the balls to do this on top of selling ridiculously overpriced trash hardware. I guess they actually do. Wasn't all that sure because not doing it would make them look way better than Microsoft at this point, so it would be good marketing. "Our shit is expensive, but at least you own it."

It could have benefited them, but nope, assraping the world is more important than looking good, and they aren't actually competing with Microsoft. They are just gonna do the same shit but charge more than everyone else, and the dumb animals will pay for it. They are going to milk those suckers until they die, and then they will keep milking their corpses. And people are going to accept this. I legitimately don't think there is anything at all that people wouldn't accept at this point. The corporations and the government could probably literally enslave the population and they would just fucking clap, they would just have to call it something else and market it the way they always do. The masses are complete scum, nothing will ever be too evil for them to get angry at this point. You can only hope that a very big meteor is on the way.

Shit is just going to keep getting worse, and they will do everything that they can to drag the people that don't like this into it, as always. At some point, the world will be so nightmarish that if you're not a piece of shit, suicide will be your only choice in life. Buy the required tools for your preferred suicide method before they ban them. Actually, maybe not. You probably will be able to rent a rope in the future, even if you can't buy one. Then again, you probably won't be allowed to pay for it unless you have an "IoT" device shoved in your head, so just buy the rope now. Or a gun, since you certainly won't have access to that later on. Hopefully they won't use technology to make you immortal against your will so they can torment you forever. The dead are free, so they certainly don't want anyone to be dead. If they had the technology, I'm sure that dying would be illegal and people would even be forced to live forever.

Attached: Serial Experiments Lain PSC playstation 1 game ending.mp4 (320x240, 1.43M)

Just wait until they put OSX on a subscription model. Not only will you have to shill out $3000 for a $500 machine, you'll have to pay $15/mo to use the operating system.

I doubt that a lot of applications are going to adopt this business model outside a very few applications, since it wouldn't be convenient for normal users since they wouldn't be able to justify when they just check the free section of the app store, unless it's an application for content production, security software or a VPN sevice.

Oh, you'll be able to die... kinda.

Attached: Welcome to life.webm (640x360, 4.4M)

There is only one serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Deciding whether or not life is worth living is to answer the fundamental question in philosophy. All other questions follow from that. This has been the case since the dawn of time and it will be the case forever.

If you ask yourself whether you should kill yourself and the answer is yes, don't wait. Do it now and with as little fanfare as possible. There's no point to it, other than to escape what you view as an absurdity and a torturous experience.

If the answer is no, have a cup of coffee and consider what you should do with your time.

Attached: you get what anyone gets.jpg (561x480, 56.24K)

This comic is retarded.
Even if that *rare* situation were to come to happen it would take very little time to get back on our feet.(mostly because scientific progress wont be lost, and the capitalist values of america make quick progress)
Also lets say this happens and we are doomed, what the hell do you want us to do? Go back to having monarchies and being peasants because someday sometime in the future we would be forced to anyway? I guarantee you artists like the gay guy who made this would be the first to die in from starvation.
So i ask of you to stop being an ungrateful little faggot and start enjoying the gifts of western civilization.

Soon people will buy computers that are rented back to them with cellphone like tiered plans.

please change, Zig Forums.

Attached: sad loli.png (720x719, 614.39K)

seethe more

I'll continue pirating and using versions of software that work fine and don't need updating.

partially so, the power structure intentionally makes the populace dumbed down with government education system, and various pollutants in the food and water

Do not waste your time with that site. Almost half of the "programming" jobs are WordPress template customizations, and within seconds of an offer being posted 50 poo-in-loos and sandniggers will instantly bid the lowest price since $200 is a small fortune in their country.

Yeah I dismissed him as Pajeet as soon as he brought that up. There is a more sensible GPL tard around, and that's who I thought I was dealing with.

That can and does change over time. It can be worth it now, but not be worth it later on.

That is the whole point. But I won't do it until I'm really cornered by something. I still want to enjoy myself until then.

WEW LAD
WEW LAD
WEW LAD
WEW LAD
WEW LAD
WEW LAD
WEW LAD
WEW LAD
WEW LAD
WEW LAD

Attached: make your choice there is no time.webm (640x640, 1.28M)

You've missed the point. That was an example of a website that connects customers to skilled workers, it is not an example of an app store. I don't care if you don't like the freelancer site, I've never used it and I don't think I will need it in the future. Personally, I don't need to get clients from such a website because I get enough business providing consulting support for programming through word of mouth.

Great, I own my software. It just happens to not run unless the remote server gives me permission to execute it. As I said the solution is always GPL and warez.

>>>Zig Forums

Enjoy your stay, summerfag.
Wait... you don't like this? okay then >>>/oven/

Unless it contains DRM of course.
and what if it's a binary, user?

>>>/reddit/

Yes according to the DMC Act, you're not allowed to modify the DRM restrictions in the DRM software. Proprietary software with source code is the exception. In practice, you modify a proprietary program by decompiling the binary, modifying the decompiled code and recompiling it. The other way is to find the pointer locations within the binary code and have it point to your own patched code.

(checked)
The sequel wasn't as good, but it did produce this admittedly terrible deleted scene, with a familiar face.

Attached: GORDON GEKKO HAIR CUT.webm (640x360, 7.32M)

this

as long as you give normals enough food and entertainment, they won't ever complain

As long as it doesn't need data from a server in order to function you can patch it.

Post about apple = Zig Forumsshit now?

Attached: Bitch, hold on.jpg (702x1024, 69.74K)

Honestly it's just pushing off the inevitable. Without any rules ore standards to their platform, the cost of all services will be near $0 or some ridiculously low price as Indians and Russians are able to make profit off slimmer margins due to their shit currencies. Developers will continue getting screwed and ishit apps will continue getting worse and worse, unless you're using premium brand-name software (Word, Photoshop, Autocad). Over time the amount of people making apps for the system decreases as basic living costs keep increasing while profits are stagnant. And to add insult to injury, the only people able to profit here are eventually going to be regulated/targeted/fucked by the government over all the "Russian hacking" hysteria. Apple can't win here, neither can Google. The same applies to their ad services in general.

The point is that good economic times don't last forever, and webservice companies are fragile. Either due to a natural disaster, war, or stock bust webdevs will find their limited skillset causing them to be fucked over inside the few places that demand their work (large, established cities with high rents) while tradesmen can lean on their Unions and work pretty much anywhere.

Which is true, in ten years Facebook is going to be virtually dead like AOL is today. Just look at all the leftist normies deleting their FB pages due to their purported cooperation with ICE, Russia, and Malaysia (home to the most recent kebab removal). When that happens nobody is going to want a FB SEO webdev sales faggot, but people are still going to want carpenters and machinists especially as Trump's tarriffs and immigration rules set in.

Did you read the edits he made to the article?

Yes, I did, but calling greedy behavious like this jewish, is not Zig Forums it's something that happens sitewide.

Attached: DMr77G-X4AAI_m6.jpg (750x699, 74.28K)

This. Zig Forums would be calling for gas, and I see none of that here. Not a Swastika, nay even a reference to Hitler--- MEIN FÜHRER!!!! Gotta go march now.
und das heißt: Erika...

lol are you literally blinded by ideology and not noticing that the post solar-flare low-tech world in that comic is being run by workers?
a fucking meme

Everyone who browses Zig Forums, ESPECIALLY newcomers, should fucking read these posts!
They fucking won. The day the Big Tech kikes fulfill their agenda will be a day in which much celebration from the normalcattle occur. There is nothing that any of us can fucking do about it. It's over. They. Fucking. Won.
Suicide is the only option. Do it. Pull the fucking trigger. To escape from the 1984 future is to escape from life.

This!

Attached: gL6Wi6N.gif (286x216, 990.78K)

The answer will never be no.
Refer back to the post you quoted. It is proven, in full, excruciating detail, that victory is on the side of the people on top, and the death of ownership will be met with much celebration.This is a fact that Zig Forums has reinforced ever since its inception, and especially holds true today.

Glad that there are finally people who realize this fucking option as the only real option in the future.Now if only more fucking people would realize this instead of crying about some faggot blackpiller boogeyman shit.

We can see you're still in denial.

You too, denialfag!

See
The fucking kikes already won. Everyone ITT agrees with this sentiment. The only option left is suicide.

Same goes to you since you're on 8ch too.

You guys already failed.
The easiest way to harm the corrupt corpos/govs is to destroy the financial system but you don't and I bet people can't even do farming and livestock for being too dependent of the GMOs.
I'd even bet that you probably defended and justified GMO once in your life and argued with "le conspiratards" like the goyim you are.

We had reproducible digital currency but no FSF approved phone nor phone OS and there's like thousands of phones made per second on Shenzen China but all of them either have China/RU/EU/US/Israel botnet livestock IDEN ICs in them.

It saddens me that no one even tried to put a dent to the EMV aside from bitcoin and there's really huge activity going on lately (like 3rd world countries receiving EMV even rural banks - if that's not suspicious enough). They're proceeding to the next step - global currency for the goyim global livestock grid.
The next step is mass surveillance. Panopticon.

Offline manuals/archives are a thing.
Anyone could reproduce fabrication machines and the like then just replace fried and digital parts.
but it's likely that you'd get your country nuked or seized because most of the military tech won't even have downtimes after an EMP wave, also it's what they're waiting for. Maybe the UFOs will intervene if things don't go well

That's too exaggerated but I bring you two options:

I remind you of your current 666 frequency. You'll keep seeing it until you understand your spirituality.

EVERYONE FUCKING READ THIS POST
I KEEP SAYING THIS SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN
AND I AM ONLY PROVEN MORE AND MORE CORRECT
THEY
FUCKING
WON
YOU FUCKING FAILED. IT'S FUCKING OVER. DONE. NOTHING CAN BE FUCKING DONE ABOUT THIS SHIT ANYMORE.
!!!!!THE FUCKING STATE OF AUTISTIC DENIALFAGS!!!!!

Funny how the more news keeps piling up, the more people here are willing to see the fucking truth of the situation, and realize that the blackpill is sadly the only option. The blackpillfag boogeyman Zig Forums went on about just a few months ago is only being proven more and more correct. Pretty much everyone can agree at this point that the victory over humanity goes to (((them))), always and forever. You can't fucking win this fight. Surrender or face the full wrath of Big Brother.

They're not immortal and you are laughably stupid.

Maybe on a physical level, but kikery is eternal. This downward spiral will continue for as long as (((they))) and (((their))) descendants wish.

At least I can accept reality unlike many of the autists on here and especially cuckchan.

Cringe raid?

And then?