Palemoon ditches Firememe, XUL-only!

palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml

Attached: siteheader-moon.png (335x200, 76.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.palemoon.org/extensions/
archive.fo/N6N7O
archive.fo/ohGTd
archive.fo/dylHV
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1435439
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?format=default&id=1465400
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/mozilla-to-remove-legacy-firefox-add-ons-from-add-on-portal-in-early-october/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: bb3b8bdd101a19d72c8a67e16a73c3881df81bdfr1380349v2_00.jpg (380x349, 26.03K)

great, now modern adblocking and scriptblocking extensions will no longer work.

Palemoon maintains its own fork of noscript, and gorhil offers a palemoon version of ublock origin.

What's wrong with the old ones? Did they stop working?

From one perspective I like this, we've had enough of (firefox|chromium)-based browsers, but from the other, I don't know if I can trust furry code, and I admit I'm not good enough (and too lazy) to read the changes myself.

Tried it out and most of my addons don't work but it could be an issue on my end. Sticking with 27 for now as it works fine.

No it doesn't I just installed it on V28 and the listing of it on their addon page forwards you to the noscript page.
addons.palemoon.org/extensions/
And the first time running it there's a page that tells you it breaks most websites on the internet.

Attached: noscriptPM.png (857x69, 12.43K)

It's not like I'm the only one who visits both sites.
Cuckchan is better for shitposting tbh.

Attached: asuka_annoyed.jpg (484x534, 44.05K)

I bet you march in parades with faggots too.

Faggot have way more privilege and sex than me
Life would be prob easier if I was a gay extrovert

Attached: 1534076918292.png (565x592, 162.06K)

Does build still fail on GCC 7+?

I think it really depends on the type of faggot. Would you be happy blowing a Boomer with AIDs off craigslist?

(checked)
Impressive satan quads, faggot cuckchanner above eternally cucked, even by gays.

As long as uMatrix works I'm good.

absolute gayboy.

When Googles captcha isn't being a humongous faggot
ie: Never ever

It's not like you can't get a pass
I don't mind paying 20 bucks for that

I like it
It runs better
Do it or don't, up to you picky fags

faggot

Attached: 1475710126706.jpg (1200x859, 254.78K)

faggot

Santa,
Imagine the bug bounty

TL;DR the pros and cons.
so it's still Goanna then we're all fucking good
updating now.

no one needs the pass at all.
4chan at any time of the day isn't worth payment plus that filthy shit like 8 domains you had to whitelist on umatrix, better donate money to the archivefags who do the REAL work and archive REALTIME.
It's easier to lurk within the archives while on 4chan most good thread are shutdown by jidf before you could even make a reply to that post.

you missed the disclosures.

My tree tabs fucked itself but the firefox version also works now.

People think browsers are important because they regularly compile them. Literal gentoo tards in here. hahahah

What's the fucking point of addons if the software is already opensource?
Honestly, plugins (or addons) are fucking retarded, why write an entire fucking language and interpreter to add addon support when you could just FUCKING FORK THAT SHIT AND ADD IT BUILT IN.
Why the fuck does this shit exist?
It makes sense in a proprietary application because you don't have the ability to touch the source code but in an opensource application theres no fucking reason for this.
Text editors are the worst when it comes to this, fuckin vim and emacs are so bloated with useless shit it's laughable.

Addons wouldn't even be fucking needed if the web had a grounded standard from the start, every thing about the web is just cancer these days.
"webapps" and all.

Palememe is just carrying on the old bloat while new browsers make new bloat.
Everything is shit, most browsers are owned by sjws and palememe is maintained by a furry.

Attached: croat.png (442x509, 139.74K)

You're a really stupid nigger.

You're the reason opensource is so shit.

Because it's maintained by a furfag?

addons are gay, but not because of your retarded reasons, an addon api allows for addons to work in different versions of the browser and to easily run multiple addons from different sources without shit breaking, no you shouldn't need to make a new fork combining the uMatrix, GreaseMonkey and Decentraleyes forks that's not even going to work because they all use a different version of the browser.

Addons are bad because most of the functionality they provide should already be built right the fuck in, uBlock Origin should be built in, uMatrix should be built in, UserScripts should be built in, HTTPS Everywhere should be built in (but with a community-maintained host list instead of EFF's), a cookie manager should be built in. The web from today is absolutely insane, all of this functionally is ESSENTIAL.

kys

This release definitely doesn't deserve its own thread but what do you expect from a dying board that doesn't have anything worth discussing or users worth discussing with?

The page that warns users about it breaking most of the internet the first time it runs is intended to prevent morons like you from clogging up support channels but it's not going to do a whole of good considering your reading comprehension level.

addon apis are bloat.
Your reasons are legit.

Are build in (at least in chromium based browsers) but you have to make a .js file and install it by dragging it over the extension settings

Reminder that palemoon 28.*.* is a fork of firefox 52 ESR with all the baggage included until removed plus the hidden backdoors in everything. Reminder that palemoon 28.*.* intentionally removed support and bugged the compiling of palemoon on proccessors such as powerpc and MIPS as a github issue. Reminder that palemoon 27 is a much stabler base being forked from firefox 28 which is not pozzed compared to the firefox 42+ builds that soros and jewgle got their hands on.

Palemoon is now a limited hangout, get out while you can. Don't use palemoon 28.*.* or later versions as it is backdoored like all modern browsers now.

This.
Palemoon 27 is the last good version.

Source on these claims pls.

Their github issues and readme you faggot.

Link to said hidden backdoors?

What are the differences between palemoon 28 and waterfox?

Attached: 2018-08-17-205409_744x484_scrot.png (744x484, 38.81K)

Having problems with the find bar in the new version. Each tab has its own find bar. Old version had one find bar for the window. I find the former quite obnoxious and can't find an option to change it.

Palemoon has actuall code changes where as waterfox is just compiler flags.

gno
Pentadactyl should be mandatory though

ARM build plox

palememe is getting shitter faster, but just in time for replacing my web browser with a bunch of scraping scripts and non-shit GUIs

shut the fuck up, i browsed for 20 years without ever needing adblock. you must have your browser misconfigured, like having JS enabled or something. also: YES, adblock IS bloat

Adblock is only bloat if you aren't using it to bypass javascript disabled blockers for shitty websites you shouldn't be using in the first place.

You mean palemoon 27 had actual code changes, a great and very extensive amount of them too. Palemoon 28 is just a hardfork of firefox 52 ESR with some of the telemetry removed via compiler flags and hacked together to work with the old interface, use old plugins, and not compile on powerpc/mips/non pozzed CPU architectures. All of which can be done with compiler flags. Maybe they ported a media renderer from palemoon 27, huge maybe.

Palemoon 28 is like waterfox, just different build time/compiler flags. Palemoon 27 and before is actual and extensive code changes to firefox 28.

Lurk moar/notabugs on bugzilla of firefox 52 esr.

Literally fucking why?

Because blackmail on moonchild for being a furfag and advertising shekels for palememe's websites. Other then that palememe 27 is safe to fork and maintain. Maybe manually copy+paste over EMCAscript 2016-2018 functions if you care about compatibility with websites like twitch.tv or obscure shit that uses pajeetscript in a crappy fashion. Or better yet, rip out the javascript interpreter as much as possible and have a secure as possible browser with extension and video playback support.

Oh don't even get me started on the (((CSS2))) implementation bugs carried over from chrome/firefox that pozz you even with javascript disabled in palemoon 28. Then there's this blatent enabling of telemetry so cookies and javascript from websites can slurp it up ala jewgle cache archive.fo/N6N7O

the shilling against pale moon seems awfully orchestrated
it's better now and I will continue to use it
stay mad, trannyfox/joogle

Well yea keep using it, just don't use versions past 28 because their shit for reasons states above. Use version 27.*.* and forks of that.

Well yea keep using it, just don't use versions past 28 because their shit for reasons stated above. Use version 27.*.* and forks of that.

The absolute state of infinitychan.

[citation needed], faggot

Seems to work fine with my addons. Definitely works better with javashit sites

So you're full of shit. Understood, and thanks for confirming.

It works, but you have to continue using the legacy version Gorhill put up, just like in v27.

Yes, that's the fucky part. I don't plan on upgrading on my daily driver until the Furrymeme TST port is patched tbh.

Well shit. Now what do I use

I'll spoon feed you because this is important. KYS afterwards eventually though.
archive.fo/ohGTd
archive.fo/dylHV

Good for them. Meanwhile, I am using an unofficial build for macfags. Cause I'm a macfag.

Where has the furfag hidden the 27 download link?

Contact its dev

Went back v27

Does that include PPC64 and modern POWER, or just ancient 32-bit PPC?

ftp://archive.palemoon.org/
You can find every binary ever released there.
Still, as I always recommend, archive that shit.

Considering as of palemoon 28 the devs are making it difficult to compile on 32bit because of SSE and intentionally adding code that only compiles on 64 bit adress space support, its for both 32 powerpc and modern/ancient 64 bit powerpc. It works and compiles fine on palemoon 27 though.

>bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1435439
>bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?format=default&id=1465400

Shit, I'm sorry. I pasted the link from my browser's address bar instead from the link hidden behind a few pages on Palemoon's site, didn't realize it had a login. This should work:
ftp://palemoon:[email protected]/

>these are ((("intended behaviour")))

I honesly thought energy drinks were more popular among 15 year olds than 30 year olds, at least it is here in snownigger land.

And here is another reason for avoiding Palemoon like the plague: github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
tl;dr: Palenigger shuts down WIP port of Palemoon to OpenBSD over POSSIBLE breach of the overtly restrictive Palemoon license.

I think he meant new versions of classical Firefox addons that have been around since the Bush era, not (((NuFox addons))).

Attached: Natalie_Voss_confused.jpg (1280x720, 108.68K)

>Mozilla to Remove Legacy Firefox Add-Ons From Add-On Portal in Early October

bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/mozilla-to-remove-legacy-firefox-add-ons-from-add-on-portal-in-early-october/

Just saw this posted on SoylentNews. Figured I'd post about it here because I remember reading in the comment section of ghacks that their notorious tobin guy has been archiving all their old addons as part of some project.

What have you tested it on? Talosfag, is that you?

It's almost like there's a (((consensus))).

What? Palememe 28 compiled just fine as-is on my old work thinkpad with a 32bit processor.

Since when is a 30 year old a Boomer. Is this some new meme I've yet to notice?

That means you are using x86 and are one of the few who have support for SSE instructions. Do you see the problem here yet?

Nice job agent FUD but palemoon 28 does have telemetry see archive.fo/N6N7O . Sure the telemetry doesn't broadcast to anyone by default, but it is still collected for other websites to use/obtain. Such as through cookies, addons, and javascript.

It's true about soy, isn't it? That it feminizes men.

I have a few minor gripes with it, I >don't like how the changed the private browsing window to white
Not impressed to be honest, under the hood it's fine but it introduced minor grievances. Security wise will I be fine running 27.9.4 for the time being?

Yes. It's a 4chan/Reddit meme.

I just updated and now its slow as fuck

Security wise, as long as you disable javascript and update/recompile palemoon with the latest ffmpeg/libjpeg/libpng for security updates on occasion, then yes you are fine. If you don't recompile with latest library security updates then disable images and videos. There's no (((CSS2))) bullshit in palemoon 27 so you do not have to worry about being hacked while having javascript off atleast unless it is through images/videos, hence the library updates or turn it off. Don't forget to disable webRTC if it is in your build.

This is speaking from a purely security standpoint. If you want privacy disable webplatform statistics and block the canvas element of html5 from fingerprinting you. Along with usual platform/http useragent/javascript OSCPU/accept headers change to something else. If you are going to enabled javascript don't do it faggot then install ublock origin and change your javascript OSCPU you faggot.

That's because you are using firefox 52 ESR with a theme after palemoon you faggot.

Nice job agent FUD, keep up the good work.

Attached: 0b789bccecc1d0fde5ea9ad511bff44d1ad1ea8249137e47a1c500cc1bbf564b.png (256x384, 167.18K)

I forgot to mention you need to disable external fonts with ublock origin because you could feasable get hacked through those if you don't keep your freetype2 library up to date. You are using openbsd/gentoo/linux, right?

Brainlet.
Bullshit, sending telemetry is literally not compiled in, stop adjusting what I'm saying. It just collects the data (and I agree it shouldn't in the first place), but saying that means telemetry sending is enabled is horseapples. Keep spreading FUD, Pozshill.

That unintended behaviour appeared because the user was attempting to use a deprecated spec that the browser no longer supports.

anybody?

Install gentoo. Build it yourself that is.

Hard to do if you have only 512MB of RAM on your ARM box. And cross-compiling a big, slimy hairball like this one is easier said than done. Maybe I'm just too much of a brainlet, I dunno.

Just don't build the program with
And it will compile fine. No different then how they used to compile software for the pentum 4, use lots of disk space instead of ram and go slightly slower.

>Security wise, as long as you disable javascript and update/recompile palemoon with the latest ffmpeg/libjpeg/libpng for security updates on occasion, then yes you are fine. If you don't recompile with latest library security updates then disable images and videos. There's no (((CSS2))) bullshit in palemoon 27 so you do not have to worry about being hacked while having javascript off atleast unless it is through images/videos, hence the library updates or turn it off. Don't forget to disable webRTC if it is in your build.
I didn't understand good chunk of that, I'm in way over my head. I guess I'll just use 28. The second paragraph I can follow, I did block canvas, but the rest I don't know about.

I immediately noticed how much slower 28 is compared to 27. If 28 is just a fork of firefoxs bullshit what do I use then? 27 won't be secure forever.

You stay on 27 until someone forks 27. Atleast with palemoon 27 there are no intentional backdoors. But with firefox 52 ESR/palemoon 28 there are intentional backdoors.