Free mail services thread

For those of us who don't have time to maintain a mail server, what do you think about these:
cock.li - Many say it's compromised
dismail.de - Free security-oriented Jabber server that also provides email
disroot.org - A privacy movement?
riseup.net - Also known as antifa mail
If you plan on replying "host your own server", kindly fuck off.

Attached: 2018-08-25-220231_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/email.html.
my.vultr.com/(
help.teknik.io/Mail
gitlab.com/mikecardwell/gpgit.
linuxize.com/series/setting-up-and-configuring-a-mail-server/
mailinabox.email/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It literally takes 30-40 bucks and a few hours. I don't buy your no-time excuse, either admit you're a lazy fuck and deep dive into the botnets intestines or get your fatass working. Unless your ISP forces you to use a NAT solution of course, in that case, move and then reread this post.

how its cock.li compromised?

cock.li does the job

Come now. If I could "just move" I wouldn't have to host my mail server on amazon cloud

I'm a lazy fuck. You win the argument.

Saw a recent thread about it.

host your own server

German feds seized the servers a few years ago and it hasn't had a warrant canary since.

It's really not that hard to set up and maintain and mail server true, the hard part is getting it deliverable to Gmail, but once you have it, you have it forever.

It's only $2.50 a month for a vps on vultr and there is no one offering a free service that isn't profiting off of you in some way. I would look at it like a learning experience

anything thats free is fucked user

Perhaps I haven't been clear enough.
I'm not looking for fucking encouragement to host a fucking email server.
If you have any experience with the above mentioned mail servers or other ones please tell me about it, otherwise kindly fuck off.

Only retards who don't understand encryption say that.
Use gpg you fucking retards

you are very very stupid

the same can be said of most paid things these days

You are very, very stupid.

*Free as in beer

I think all those emails suck my balls and you should use Yahoo email on a Mac instead

mail.com - can register over tor IIRC
yandex.com - easy to register over tor but will ask you your secret questions once in a while because you are "compromised" because your IP address changes. who knows one day it may lock you out for good like gmail does when you use tor
tutanota.com - can be used over tor as far as I can tell but has heavy JS shit because they want to provide their own web based crypto (which is useless). didn't check if it supports SMPT

I wrote an article about this: digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/email.html. I see now that I missed some of them. Disroot requires recaptcha. Dismail looks good...but I still recommend riseup / autistici.

Protonmail

Welcome to 8ch. You can clearly say what you want but the autists won't listen.

What's wrong with being a lazy fuck?

1 - The servers got fucking raided a while back, there is no guarantee whatsoever that it can't or at least won't happen again. The authorities are interested in the server and, IIRC, they got enough info out of the servers to jail a guy, meaning they have enough incentive to steal the servers again.
2 - The guy himself admits there are no guarantees it's trustworthy, plus he allegedly said he would cooperate with authorities (most likely under threat of being arrested otherwise) and the emails are unencrypted, leaving you open to not only serb steal, but also to interception.
3 - There are rumors he has a police car, it's not really solid evidence considering you can literally buy those, but it's something to pay attention to.

In short, cock.li is good if you're only using for legal things you can be sure that will stay legal until your death, e.g. spam mail. You can use it as a normal mail by spoofing your location, using some strong encryption and changing your keys and receiving enough mundane encrypted emails to make it not worth brute forcing through.

Attached: asd.png (549x255, 19.65K)

this is true of literally every single mail server admin on this gay fucking planet

That's false, there are some that either dodge the question when asked or just straight up lie, though I do give in those are even less trustworthy.
Besides, that's because servers are inherently trustworthy. You never know what the owner is going to do with the server or what's going to happen to it.

RetroShare mail is awesome. Account creation is fast and easy, doesn't require phone numbers and all the mails are end-to-end encrypted.

host your own you fucking subhuman retard
postfix+dovecot even a retardest nigger like op could do it if he got dicks out of his mouth for one second

just thought i'd comment that i tried to create an account at irs.gov using an @yandex.com email, and they denied me. although I was able to make one with a mail.ru account.

i don't really give a shit about privacy anymore since everythings backdoored, i just appreciate how russian services don't crawl up my ass the way google does for every little damn thing i do. they're likely equally secure anyway, considering i'm not giving either my bank information or my cryptocoin private keys.

this actually looks pretty legit, probably the best suggestion in here besides hosting your own mail service. which that sort of is.

Attached: yandexmail.png (366x384, 13.74K)

1) Requires server cost and domain name. 30-40 bucks (even as a yearly cost) is too much for supporting the email ecosystem.
2) 0 privacy: your identity is tied to your domain name.

This.

even the admin page (my.vultr.com/( is served through CloudFlare

The server got raided in Germany, he moved to Romania to avoid this.

He outright says it, things are stored un-encrypted.

You are looking for something that doesn't exist, you cannot trust server side security, if you want security then use GPG + Tor/VPN

There is literally no other security that works, cock.li is nice enough to tell you this, VC asks for no personal information during creation of an account, you can, go hop into the onion site, create an account and communicate via GPG and there is no way for cock.li to give meaningful information to the authorities.

tarsnap does a similar thing, they comply but all they have is encrypted files.

gpg.js is verified goy! it can't be intercepted at the CDN level at all!

yandex will hit you with a phone verification a couple of weeks after you open the account.

FBI'd

This is the only one with free SMTP, POP3, and IMAP that I know of
help.teknik.io/Mail

You're the only one reading your mails, so it's private. By using any mail provider, you're giving your paypal account/bank online account information to them. Moreover, you can give an address to your whole family, thus securing your whole family.

Hosting your own mail is not for faggot spammers.

Can confirm Yandex will lock you out of your account if you're a Tor user. They'll ask for your phone number for verification.

I use cock.li over Tor every day, so he's definitely not just blocking proxies.

Hmm, I checked it through Tor now, and it did work this time. Still, he does seem to block certain VPNs it seems - or maybe they don't support it somehow.

Guess I have to modify the article a little, adding dismail, teknik and changing some of the Cock description.

You, everyone who receives them and every service you send to.

You're in the wrong decade, pal. Quit being 30 year-old boomer and move onto torified XMPP with OMEMO for private communications. It provides actual forward secrecy unlike PGP, so when someone steals your private key, he won't be able to decrypt all messages sent to you for last 5 years.
Hosting email server at home is inefficient and pointless since ISP keeps all logs and will eventually sell them to advertisers or police.
There is no way to secure all incoming mail without leaving metadata to read by forensic department, only shitty PGP server plugins that encrypt mail body leaving title, sender, size and date exposed in plain text.

You bank send you an email with your month credit card consumption. Who else than you will have this email?
Are you being retarded or wtf. Hosting your own email is the best regarding REAL LIFE.
Regarding spam or doxxing, that's certainly shit.

Did the bank encrypt this email with your GnuPG key? No. Anyone between their infrastructure and your server has a copy.
You can see that shit in their web app which at least is encrypted with session key between your computer and their servers.

Antifamail is hosted in the US, and so I don't trust them. Autistici/Inventati is a website hosted by a bunch of anticapitalists (which is a reason for me to doubt them in and of itself) which looks very sketchy. Their website, filled with grammatical errors, looks like it was created in 5 minutes.

What did you expect from Italian Antifa?

I've updated the article.

So you'd rather trust the guys that are in it for profit? They totally won't rat you out when push comes to shove, I'm sure...

Then you are the product.
I'd rather manage my personal email on my own. If I want to do things that might get me in trouble I'd just use Tor cock.li or something.

You can literally run your email at home with socat, a Tor HS, postfix, dovecot and encrypt it as soon as it arrives with gitlab.com/mikecardwell/gpgit. That way it won't even stay on unencrypted on the VPS and you'll have greater legal protections from glowing faggots. It still can be intercepted while being transmitted but at least it won't touch the VPS' hard drive.

kek

rofl

Did you seriously asked your bank to communicate with you in plain-text email?

requires phone to sign up. therefore not even a real internet service

If only those bank receipts were encrypted with PGP.

For all the talk, does anyone here actually run their own mail server? What is involved in setting one up?

Is it possible to continue using a personal address if I decide that running a server for it is too much work, e.g. by pointing the MX record to a forwarding service.

nigga just use gpg and encrypt your shit.

I run a corporate server right now. Basically, if you don't need fancy stuff and and you're the only user on the box, Postfix+Dovecot will work almost out of the box. Add Rspamd for spam filtering.
Maybe, I didn't look into such services, but some providers allow to plug your own domain into their system (Yandex does it for free, Jewgle wants money, Protonmail wants it too but at least they're better than G).

I used this tutorial as my base: linuxize.com/series/setting-up-and-configuring-a-mail-server/
You'll probably need only Rspamd out of all this crap here, but still it's a good read if you want your own mail box.

Alternatively, look at mailinabox.email/ if you don't want to fuck with configs.