FCKDRM - GOG Launches DRM-free media site

Good Old Games is a fantastic classic video game company whose products are 100% DRM-free; they are stalwart defenders of your rights to use your technology in legal ways, to protect your privacy and to experiment with the things you buy.

GOG's latest project is a website called FCKDRM (available in German and English), where you'll find DRM-free ebooks, music, videos and games, along with information the hazards of purchasing DRM-infected media and the joys of going DRM-free.
fckdrm.com

Attached: tumblr_inline_pdvm9vFqsd1rkw4x1_540.jpg (540x519, 24.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mein_Kampf#2016_republication_in_Germany
arm.com/files/event/Developer_Track_6_TrustZone_TEEs_and_Trusted_Video_Path_implementation_considerations.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's pretty based of them.

do they have steamapi.dll? for all practical purposes this is just as bad as DRM for me

I don't see the problem. It's their right as private organizations to destroy your rights!

>paying for (((games)))
>paying for (((movies)))
>paying for (((music)))
>paying for (((books)))
only pay for content produced by non-semites

Attached: reality.png (789x546, 37.67K)

Attached: v.webm (640x360, 14.36M)

Shit ebook service.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.43.59 PM.png (1252x664, 116.9K)

lolshit, I'm getting geo filtered by 7digital and they won't let me spend my freedombucks on a new album that's available in England.
Bandcamp forever, then.

libgen.io

archive.org has tons of results for that. I'm surprised they got listed for films but not books and software.

Is it even legal in Germany?

hehe

It's pretty much the only place where you can buy quality music after lurking few days. And whole lot of musicians offer their music for free.

Some games have it (like Worms Armageddon). But why is it "as bad as DRM"?

GOGs been pretty successful so far. They tend to make a good source for pirate stuff as well.

Will be interesting to see how they deal with more adult topics. Can I sell Anal bangers 5 : The gaping hole of scat on this service?

of course
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mein_Kampf#2016_republication_in_Germany

So they used copyright to keep it from being republished until 2 years ago?
And they only republished it to prevent modified versions? How does that make any sense as they were preventing the unmodified version from being published. That must mean..
.. that they wanted to be sure only their modified version was published.
So it sounds like it's still illegal in Germany to publish the real thing, and for however many years the copyright is now extended for.

yes
No. (((They))) wanted an authoritative annoted edition before neo-nazis could publish their own wrongthink version.
It is legal to publish Mein Kampf now since it is public domain but you will most likely get sued for hate speech. The cost of this lawsuit will be way higher than the profits of selling the book.
Anyways owning/buying/selling original copies is completely legal. Furthermore most german households should have an original edition unless they threw it away.

With a name like that, I won't use or promote it.

How much does Valve pay you guys to make these posts?

Their games don't have DRM. That is what normal people care about.

Sorry GOG, but no, DRM is software running secondarily whose only purpose is to police someone's legitimate use of other software. There are other types of this sort of thing, some involving hardware, collectively known as content protection. Using such an overbroad definition of DRM allows one to argue that a computer architecture or breathing oxygen are DRM because you need them to be able to do X thing.

Attached: The More You Know.jpg (561x370, 126.05K)

That sounds like it only covers copy-protected software, not for example copy-protected e-books. If you didn't intend that you should maybe tweak that definition to make it less ambiguous.

The basic idea behind DRM is restricting certain actions a user can take to protect intellectual property. The idea of having exclusive rights on something just because you thought of it first is a ridiculous by itself and trying to further enforce it by restricting users is just taking it too far.
And according to this short quote from Wikipedia, DRM is literal malware. Yes, FUCK DRM!

The basic idea behind copy protection is restricting certain actions a user can take to protect intellectual property, of which DRM is one particular implementation of it. I'm not trying to argue that DRM isn't cancerous shit here, I'm saying robust definitions are important for discourse.

Herp, I actually meant to type copy protection, not content protection. How embarrassing.

as if the media jew doesn't want to control who VIEWS the content, not just makes copies of it.

If they could have a camera pointing at you and charge you $1.99 for every person past 2 or 3 in the living room you have watching the content every time they would.

Aside from that it is "Content Protection", with tech jews pushing processors and gpu's that have "protected paths" encrypting the media all the way to the screen.

arm.com/files/event/Developer_Track_6_TrustZone_TEEs_and_Trusted_Video_Path_implementation_considerations.pdf

Attached: jewaids2.png (865x617 252.45 KB, 269.32K)

Iirc there was some kind of corporate butthurt over vhs not being able to do just this kind of thing.

right where you capture it 1:1 (but we'll never need such a slow process since the crap will just be cracked anyway)
now they just need a thought police chip in every electronic device to solve that issue

it's bloat. and im pretty sure worms armageddon came out before steam or at least is old enough to have a non steam version

All proprietary software inherently has DRM.
When GoG is strictly free, call me.

Attached: mpv-shot0053.png (768x576, 450.35K)

No, DRM is about practical measures. Don't broaden it to the point of meaninglessness.

You felt that in your pocket didn't you, schlomo?

I'm already saying proprietary software is bad. I mean something different when I say DRM is bad. I don't want to mean the same thing in both cases, that'd stop me from expressing why I dislike DRM.
My objections to DRM and proprietary software are related, but they're not the same.

Purism is bullshit, accept small victories when you get them since Jewgle and co aren't exactly collapsing right now.

This is how you scare companies away from supporting DRM-free services and engaging with anti-DRM communities. This initiative is doing more good than harm. Fuck off.

Exactly. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Attached: 4 1=JEW.jpg (369x365, 17.63K)

>pay for (((content)))
it's good to know they've brainwashed you so thoroughly you use their doublespeak even when you think you're opposing them. you are owned

Some of those GOG games come with multiplayer DRM-walls. Age of Wonders 3 infamously has a DRM-wall on all multiplayer, including "LAN" and "PBEM". Everything must go through Triumph servers with a verified Triumph serial number, or else you get no multiplayer short of hotseat.

WHY IS TERRY A. DAVIS'S DEATH BEING CENSORED?

I misread Triumph as Trump

Originally the singleplayer was locked behind Triumph account registration bullshit too, but GOG forced them to open it up since they didn't want to process all those refunds. They left them with the multiplayer block though.