Carrying the torch of templeos

Do we continue his work with the same design philosophies he had? What has he said God told him to do and what God didnt tell him to do. We should at least archive his work for aslong as we can and share it as much. Maybe get it into some type of musuem.

Attached: TempleOS_logo.png (650x490, 19.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/download/TempleOS_ISO_Archive/TempleOSCDV5.03.ISO
fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Press
youtu.be/tTwuLWYGD58?t=26s
gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#PublicDomainSoftware
codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
github.com/minexew/Shrine
github.com/minexew/Shrine/graphs/contributors
9front.org/coc),
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(operating_system)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If God wanted TempleOS to have new features, he would not have called Terry to him. He is satisfied with it, and will unleash various plagues on Israel until Intel include it on every processor.

With the cuck non license it has they are free to do that.

Fork it if you like, but don't fuck with TempleOS itself.
This.

If God didnt want the operating system worked on it he wouldn't have made it open source

God gives man the power to sin and go against his choice. That is the consequence of free will, and eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

You wouldn't just add another book to the Bible, would you? God wanted 'the work' to be known, not obscured in some undecipherable binary, but that doesn't mean the flock should arbitrarily add changes. Certainly, we should consider that God might choose a new accolade, perhaps to implement networking.

Isn't that what happened for centuries?

Attached: the bible strikes back.jpg (600x863, 99.46K)

It hasn't happened for a while, but the Holy See (steering committee) hasn't really added any contributions since 1546, and even then, it was just to canonize older works not part of the Augustine Canon.

Anything else you may encounter is heretical and can be dismissed outright. Especially the Book of Mormon.

Heh, I saw it posted just as I hit reply.

Mormons are mega-ass faggots. They spend so much time fawning over J. Smith, but they hardly show the same piousness for Jesus and God.

PCI is to TempleOS as Mormonism is to Christianity.

TERRY ISN'T DEAD

the cops kinda confirmed it dumbass

If we can't add new features, how about real hardware support?

Yes I do believe that counts as adding for hundreds of years.

I think that would be ok, because you're spreading the 'good work' to more people. Did Terry ever talk about hardware he opposed? I recall he wanted it on the x86 bare metal, and that he planned to create his own CPU (It's really sad he never got to complete this).

Lurk 500 years before touching TempleOS.

I already added networking and 32bit color.

If you want fucking networking in TempleOS, use the fork called Shrine. It already supports it. Fucking leave TempleOS as is.

While Terry had a good idea, I think someone could do it better, unrestrained by god's autism. I look forward to seeing the emergence of "Temple-like" operating systems. Also while I understand that ToS is aimed at hobbyists, if Terry wanted a modern C64, the fact of the matter is the C64 was aimed at consumers, and had a lot of 3rd party software.

Attached: 103_c64.jpg (1166x565, 492.32K)

TempleOS should be left as a reference os. Fork it and do what you want with it but the reference os should be set in stone. It is his lifes work and it should be preserved.

I'd rather use my old pocket calculator from college, thanks.

The no-coders of Zig Forums sure have a lot to say about programming.

Heresy!

You just go on github and click "download release 1.x.x". It's idiot proof.

I'm so sad, I am crying. Our beloved Terry martyred and ascended to sainthood. How! How sinful we are! May our sins be forgotten.

Desired Features:

1) Floppy Disk Driver
- Temple OS and its previous incarnations used to Have a floppy disk A:\ Drive. Use this to store simple programs for backup. The entire system is 17.5 MB , 1.44MB should be enough for some really complex and interesting programs.
- Used to pass program code for games and applications to other Temple OS user developers at monthly Temple OS user group get together / Hacker Parties / Meetups .
- Used to backup code for personal use
- Used to Sneaker-net code to other near by Temple OS computers

2) RS232 serial console at 9600 bps , 11520 bps

-Allows two temple OS computers to talk to send ASCII and initiate a chat session (Instant Messaging) or send simple text files between two computers. Local Area network of 2 computers in a house to play simultaneous 2 player games with a friend.
-Allows for control of a US Robotics 56K Fax Modem or Hayes 56K Fax Modem

3) A simple Bulletin Board (BBS) Over Serial Console or 56K Modem
- Client and Server Software
- Allows for local area code telephone communication by ASCII or ANSI text
- Allows for the posting of messages and simple door games
- Allows for a telephone # blacklist for automatic hangup on connect for banning
- Allows for code sharing and Instant Messaging to other local area code Temple OS users.

4) Encryption to protect the communications streams

- TLS 1.2 or something like it to transport layer encrypt the Telephone Modem Session
- A simplified PGP program like GNU PG or something even simpler for posting encrypted messages on the bulletin board for a correspondent.

-With this user developers can create software and share the code on bulletin boards that they connect to and have telephone to telephone instant message chats and code sharing to build a Temple OS city user community.

At this point the NSA and CIA have been completely defeated in principal. Hackers can enjoy using high end systems without being spied on ever again.

5) Booting on Bare Metal
- Can automatically detect and identify IDE and SATA hard disks
- Can format in FAT 32 or REDSEA FS
- Can install on a single Hard Drive and Boot from It
- Can Format a Second Drive for extra file storage

6) More advanced menu driven installation.
- Formatting and Drive options for installation

7) Programming Tutorials
- Make a website dedicated to teaching and promoting User understanding and acclimatization to Temple OS
- Holy C programming tutorials in HTML as well as videos on Youtube and other Platforms
- A fan online message board / Image board dedicated to Temple OS users and developers for sharing ideas on future development and for code sharing .

At this point you will have a self developing and growing community that can share and communicate as well as meet up in real life.
I feel strongly that if Terry had a Monthly local user group to host with even just 3 members, he'd be alive right now. Don't let Temple OS users become isolated, and estranged from society. Build a new society with Temple OS members at the core.

8) Suicide prevention outreach
- Make sure members are never feeling lonely and in despair
- Make sure community is helpful and compassionate
- Eject people who say KYS from the community and ban them from the Bulliten boards.
- Help those in need , (From the TempleOS community), whenever you can, if you live within 1 state's distance of a member in distress.

9) Monthly local user / developer group meetups

- Advertise for local user meetups
- Rent a hall, or community center
- Setup 4 computers
- Meet and talk about programmng, use of Temple OS, new Ideas
- Meet to discuss new feature ideas, and organize
- Pizza and Shasta Cola, with Chips.
- Play Games
- Demos
- Watch Terry Youtube Videos, and Discuss his life and legacy.

10) Build lasting friendships and bonds in your local community based on Temple OS

- Keep in touch by email and phone with your users
- Make a mailing list for TempleOS local users
- Plan future meet ups and hackathons
- Plan future movie nights, etc.

11) Remember to keep the core principles o Terry A Davis
- Low code count, efficiency, elegant design, and simplicity in mind in all of your design choices.
- Hold the Commodore 64 and its capabilities a model of excellence for your projects.
- No Malware, No Bullshit, and No CIA or NSA back doors.

Do steps 1-11 and TempleOS will grow year over year and never go away and forever be a computer science legend until the end of time.

Amen

12) Port Temple OS off of x86_64 onto a modern 64bit RISC system

- Find another 64 bit architecture to host Temple OS fork.
- Port the Holy C Compiler.
- Port and test the programs.
- Fix any bugs.
- Ensure system compatibility and stability.
- Plan for future Architecture expansions.

If you could only scrap all this religious shiat.

>>>/suicide/ >>>/reddit/ (in that order)

>>>/suicide/ >>>/reddit/ (in that order)

Looks like you didn't read item # 8)

Have you ever been to a demo party?

Temple OS is about fun, and games.

Go suck your own dick. (In that order)

Terry said that TempleOS is feature-complete. Check the official docs in TempleOS distro (also, see webm related)
archive.org/download/TempleOS_ISO_Archive/TempleOSCDV5.03.ISO

I take personal offense every time you call Free Software open-source.

No, Terry wanted TempleOS to be used in addition to another OS (like GNU/Linux or Windows)

Take care. What you say is heresy!!

This.

Fork TOS, if you want to make modifications. It's simple as that, you fucking MIT Nigger.

Attached: DO_IT_LIKE_A_WHITE_MAN.mp4 (640x360, 409.31K)

Nice larping, I wounder how many projects you've contributed to?

I am afraid that's irrelevant. If you can actually write any code, you can also fork it. Terry's (and GOD's) will is that nothing new gets added to TempleOS. Just stop being a nigger and boot the iso file.

Nice larp my dude!

13) Create CoC
- Explicitly ban non straight white males from participation in the project. The CoC administrator will review all allegations of homosexuality and/or indications of non aryan ancestry and take appropriate action (removal from the project) as needed.

just call it TempleOS++, and then someone can port node.js over to HolyC and we can have HolyScript with a HolyInterpreter inside of a HolyVM. Then we can run react inside of that for cross compatibility with android and ios and chrome/firefox.

What about some kind of "Amish OS".
Carved out of a wooden board and with a bible on it.

t. soybot kenster

Been there, done that

Attached: Charles_Babbage_Difference_Engine_No._2_Computer_History_Museum_in_Mountian_View_California.jpg (2592x1936, 3.38M)

Networking was one of the things on his list of demands and he was talking more about it before he died.

Shrine looks like a great starting point and the name is very fitting.

I already like what I'm seeing here.

Attached: 687474703a2f2f696d6775722e636f6d2f317959735548492e706e67.png (640x480, 12.99K)

Read the official docs in the TOS iso

Leave TOS alone and make a fork if you want to implement new features. What you want is not TempleOS. The name says it all, TOS is Terry's offer to his God. It doesn't matter if his God existed or not, just respect Terry's will and leave it like it is.
Use his work, but don't call it TempleOS.

I'm just going to leave this here

@import url('fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Press Start 2P');body {background: white;}div.boardlist, header div.subtitle, div.post p, .unimportant, .unimportant *, span.heading { font-size: 16px;}body, textarea, input {font-family: "Press Start 2P"; font-size: 16px; color: #0000a7;}div.boardlist:not(.bottom) a:nth-last-child(n) { float:none !important; padding-left:10px;}div.boardlist:not(.bottom) span:nth-last-child(1) { display: none !important;}.desktop-style div.boardlist:not(.bottom) { width:386%; margin:0; text-align:center; /* Starting position */ -moz-transform:translateX(50%); -webkit-transform:translateX(50%); transform:translateX(50%); /* Apply animation to this element */ -moz-animation:scroll-left 14s linear infinite; -webkit-animation:scroll-left 14s linear infinite; animation:scroll-left 14s linear infinite;}/* Move it (define the animation) */@-moz-keyframes scroll-left { 0% { -moz-transform:translateX(50%); } 100% { -moz-transform:translateX(-50%); }}@-webkit-keyframes scroll-left { 0% { -webkit-transform:translateX(50%); } 100% { -webkit-transform: translateX(-50%); }}@keyframes scroll-left { 0% { -moz-transform:translateX(0%); /* Browser bug fix */ -webkit-transform:translateX(0%); /* Browser bug fix */ transform:translateX(0%); } 100% { -moz-transform:translateX(-70%); /* Browser bug fix */ -webkit-transform:translateX(-70%); /* Browser bug fix */ transform:translateX(-70%); }}.desktop-style div.boardlist:not(.bottom):hover { -webkit-animation-play-state: paused; -moz-animation-play-state: paused; -o-animation-play-state: paused; animation-play-state: paused;}.board-owners-or-users-feel-free-to-hide {font-size: 0.5em;}.mentioned a, .theme-catalog div.thread, .theme-catalog div.thread span.heading {font-size: 8px;}a, a:visited {color: #5454fc;}a:visited:hover {color: #ff0000;}.desktop-style div.boardlist:not(.bottom) { background-color: #0000a7; box-shadow: none; border: none; color: white;}div.boardlist:not(.bottom) a {color: white;}div.boardlist:not(.bottom) a:hover {color: #54fcfc;}div.subtitle a:hover {color: #0000a8;}div.subtitle a {font-size: 16px;}input {font-family: "Press Start 2P" !important; font-size: 16px;}h1 {font-family: "Press Start 2P" !important; font-size: 24px;}form table tr th { background: #5454fc; color: white;}hr { border-top: 8px double #0000A7; padding-top: 4px; padding-bottom: 5px;}#expand-all-images, #gallery-view {display: none;}.post-menu ul {background: white;}.post-menu li:hover {background: #EFEFEF;}div.post.reply, div.pages { background: #EFEFEF; border-color: #a8a8a8; border-width: 3px;}div.post.reply.highlighted { background: #0000a7; color: white;}.post-hover { background: #0000a7 !important; color: white;}.video-container, .video-container-vidme { width: 302px;}.dx, .dy, .dz {width: 62px;}.post-btn {font-size: 17px !important;}.watchlist-toggle {display: none;}.intro span.subject {color: #a80000;}.theme-catalog div.thread small {display: none;}.theme-catalog div.thread:hover {background: #F3F3F3;}div.post_modified {display: none;}span.omitted, span.toolong {color:gray;}span.omitted a {text-decoration:none;}p.fileinfo > a:not(.chx_RISLink), .hash_unix.hash_h, .video-pop {display: none;}a.watchThread, a.showallThread {display: none;}#grab, .nerve, .cancer, #nerv-center {display: none;}/* mobile */@media (min-width: 1px) and (max-width: 639px) { .desktop-style div.boardlist:not(.bottom), .sub { -webkit-animation-play-state: paused; -moz-animation-play-state: paused; -o-animation-play-state: paused; animation-play-state: paused; width: 100% } div.boardlist:not(.bottom) a { color: #0000a7;} body, a, div.boardlist, header div.subtitle, div.post p, .unimportant, .unimportant *, span.heading textarea, input, .board-owners-or-users-feel-free-to-hide, strong, div.subtitle a, input, h1, .post-btn { font-size: 8px !important; } h1, h1 a {font-size: 16px !important;}}

Bless!

Next steps

ABSOLUTE PROOF TERRY NEVER GOT ALL HIS MONEY.......
youtu.be/tTwuLWYGD58?t=26s

DURING THIS PERIOD LOTS OF PEOPLE WERE DONATING...

Attached: 1530956333664.jpg (500x457, 34.02K)

These two videos outline basically what he had planned:
No Changes to TempleOS Except Line-Reducing Optimizations.-_bTtmSxbcTc.mp4
Plan For New CPU, Perfect, Stand Alone, RS232 Computer-xVxNgE1chl4.mp4
They're 30-40 megs so I can't upload here, but they're probably on the archive.org site since someone uploaded all his stuff there.
It would probably take a good deal of work to port it to 64-bit PIC like he had planned. First off, you'll have to make a 64-bit PIC, since there apparently isn't one yet (or at least according to him).

Attached: guanteblancotp5.jpg (619x369, 102.7K)

Please don't let it be another 9front

TempleOS is public domain, not FREE software in the GPL sense. Do you know the difference?

Small correction: the PIC hardware stuff was in Pope6.mp4 (38 megs).

It is you who is confused. TempleOS is Free Software, but the derivatives of TempleOS can be proprietary software, See gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#PublicDomainSoftware

Attached: Richard_Stallman_01.jpg (990x682 113.59 KB, 312.57K)

You're right, I thought freedom 3 was less free. It's still a cuck license.

I never said such a thing. The whole GPL vs. BSD license """Debate""" is for people with Nigger IQ. All of the freedoms get fulfilled when the source code released under Public Domain license. All I said was that TempleOS is Free Software.

I am glad you actually acknowledged your mistake. But see

TempleOS sucks. To be honest ReactOS is better, even if it is mimicking Windows. Terry had just wasted his life creating something as useless as TempleOS.

Different user here - not
BSD is cuck license, because some corporation can just take away your code, and give nothing back. It doesn't matter for TempleOS though - it is so shitty, it isn't even worth stealing.

forgot to add "even"
*even ReactOS is better.

You are possessed by a dark and evil spirit. Find a priest immediately and ask for an exorcism until you cured of your lustful desire for greater than 16 bit graphics.

Looks like you're tapped in a one-dimentional universe. Better you than me.

I'm ready.

Attached: out.webm (720x405, 295.48K)

That anime was amazing

TempleOS the operating system is complete. The only thing left to do, which Terry talked about a lot in his recents vids, is to make a custom 64-bit processor which is based off of the simple 8-bit processors you typically build in a university Computer Science course. Then make a TempleOS console built around that.

There are some interesting ideas in TempleOS I wouldn't mind other operating systems adopting.

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/

what the fuck is wrong with those guys? the tranny shit is pure brain cancer.

OK Freeze Temple OS in carbonite (Like Han Solo). And leave it as a monument.

Next everyone else who is serious about extending the technology, dog-pile onto Shrine OS.

github.com/minexew/Shrine

Ask for the Shrine OS project lead (minexew) to set up a mailing list like the Linux kernel mailing list. And start debating the most necessary new features. Set up a code submission, testing and validation process.

Steps 1-12 can be floated as project extension ideas, and qualified programmers on the mailing list can nominate themselves to tackle the problems posed and get working code and submit it to the project leader.

5-10 Dedicated HolyC programmers could bring this technology to the next level, Namely to a level were intermediate Unix and Linux users and programmers can start using it as more than just a curiosity toy.

Then start publishing ISOs on a website, Annually.

Setup a user wiki like the Arch-linux wiki on this website.

That seems like a possible way forward.

github.com/minexew/Shrine/graphs/contributors

Jesus Christ, those contrarian hipsters actually adopted the Contributor Covenant

Hey, that's actually sounds like a good idea.

Attached: Przechwycenie obrazu ekranu_2018-09-06_08-11-57.png (804x970 18.73 KB, 92.99K)

I said "rip terry davis" in runescape and some rando said "rip terry, god's programmer"

Yep. You're actually served a random CoC every time you load the page (9front.org/coc), and the Contributor Covenant is one of them, which makes some people say "See guize, it's just a joke, they're just making fun of the Contributor Covenant!"

Unfortunately, the Contributor Covenant is the real one, and it is enforced in the 9front developer community. A longtime 9front contributor recently learned that the hard way when he made a remark about trannies on IRC and got instantly permabanned. After he wrote to the mailing list and corrected his wrongthink with a few long, simpering, emails about how much he respects trans* persyns and xyr struggle, and one of the project leaders intervened, he was restored to full communion with the Church of the Contributor Covenant, 9front Chapter.

Non-pozzed fork when? Never?

“intellectual property” ≠ property
The so-called “non-cuck” licenses are just a workaround.

Forget that Plan 9 shit and go with Inferno instead. It even runs fine on Nintendo DS and smaller machines (1 meg of RAM is enough).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(operating_system)

Attached: Inferno-(operating-system)-pic.gif (800x600, 66.73K)

go be a commie somewhere else

machine code->cpu pipeline is complete, we can finish the rest of the system and finally have the console device which Terry envisioned.

Go be a corporate cuckold somewhere else.

All is lost. Terry was comming to his senses and was going to add a network stack. Shit was getting to real for the glowers. So they suicided him.

Sure, I totally agree. Now stop complaining about my DRM faggot. I don't owe you nothin'.

That OS looks very interesting to me. How do I install it? All I've found is instructions for a hosted install. ie: running on top of an existing OS. I want to run it on bare metal.

God has given you all the tools you need to make that happen, but he won't spoonfeed you. We need to make a simple CPU architecture for it

Yeah we don't owe you nothin goy

I had an IdeaTM about a HolyC-based OS with most of the current year features in terms of graphics and networking, but it's only a layer around TempleOS, sort of like DOS-based Windows, so you have the option to enter the Temple underneath which is true TempleOS exactly the way Terry left it.

So you want to make an acropolis.

lol you don't know either

Low IQ or just a non-white? It hasn't been designed to run on bare metal yet, that job goes to the rest of us.

You burn the ISO to a CD, then you boot the CD on an amd64 computer. It'll ask you some I/O ports questions or something, I can't remember exactly what but I think that was for the HDD controller, and you can actually just run the CD by itself, without installing to hard disk. Anyway that worked fine for me the least time I tried, which was probably a couple years ago. Everything seemed to work on my computer, but I didn't try to install the OS. Pretty sure I was using my old Thinkpad T61p at the time.

This, but we should take care to preserve the original versions through their changes for posterity, so that in a thousand years sects may fight over various revisions of their various surviving oracle "peaceys."

So Inferno is an OS that can only run under a host OS? That's not what I gathered from looking at the tarball I downloaded. I understand that it uses some kind of virtual CPU (or something). But I understand that it is possible to install and run Inferno as the only OS on a computer, without the need for a host OS. So I think you are mistaken.

What ISO? I have found no ISO for Inferno. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Are you actually referring to TempleOS? It sounds like you are.

None of you people seem to know what you are talking about. You're just a bunch of LARPers, as usual.

why? it's garbage.

Pajeet pls go.

This is what I got back from the police:
The video will not be released by the police because we do not have it. It is policy of the railroad to allow police to view video but not release it to them in these types of circumstances. If this had been a homicide, this policy may be different. As for more information being released, I don't anticipate that. We have to respect the feelings of family members and releasing more information will not be beneficial for anybody. Please try to put the shoe on the other foot as if you were a family member. Thank You

He has said time and time again what the purpose of those ideas was:
To make the creative activity of programming easily accessible. And he also stated multiple times that he wanted us to run a second OS besides TempleOS for Internet-related tasks since it's not suited for that (while systems with a different design aren't suited for anything but due to overcomplication).
Do we have to compile a Book of Terry so his teachings don't get lost?

Keep on using your TempleOS!
This crap abomination done by a retarded hillbilly motherfucker will keep you out of the internet for good.

I think we're going to have to with all the FUD and bullshit I've seen thrown around over the last week.

It seems pretty clear that there is a concerted effort to try to pervert Terry's teachings and it's obvious that there is massive butthurt behind it.

Sooner or later (((they))) will fuck up, better watch their backs.