Is being 31 too old to go back into college?

Is being 31 too old to go back into college?

Attached: 1520380041734.png (650x773, 46.98K)

For an undergrad program? I don't think there is a limit, but being around 18 year olds might be annoying for you. For a masters or PhD I don't think anyone would bat an eye. Usually "mature" students take weekend and evening courses, perhaps that is an option.

Collage is a scam. Go to trade school.

I'm not a burger.

31? What the fuck have you done for the last 14 years?

following my dumb dreams.

No, but you will need to accept that there will be a lot of people younger than you. That doesn't mean that older people won't be there, but they are definately the minority.

Attached: computer science students.jpeg (474x316, 26.75K)

I just want to go into research in CS.

For a masters program? It's not abnormal at all to go back in your thirties, or any age really.

I'll be 31 when I start to study a bachelors of CS, and maybe 35 when I start a post bachelor.

You say this, but all girls with daddy issues love older men.

college is for faggots.

My Sociology Prof started when she was 40.
I had classes with at least 2 guys in their 50s: one had recently been laid off and was looking for a career change that late in life.

I've been sitting in class with multiple 50 year olds before.
It's unusual, but hardly impossible. Just don't expect too much social contact.

im 12 and what board is this?

Only if he has money though.

no one asked

Hate to break it to you, my dude, but absolutely nobody is going to hire a middle aged freshly graduated CS bachelor's holder, and for good reason. It takes a lot of sleepless nights buoyed by youthful energy to attain competence in software development. I doubt you'd even be able to finish the bachelor's program in 5 years. So you'll be 36-40 by the time you apply for an entry level programming job. Absolutely nobody is going to hire you. They will (probably rightly) assume that you're looking to finally settle down with a paycheck, which is exactly the type of employee who is a burden on a fast-moving software company. Every software company I've worked at has the 40-something year old dude who has made his one-man department opaque and difficult to work with as a form of job security.

If you're not looking for a job as a developer, and just want to see how the sausage is made, then go for it. But otherwise, you'll want to go to trade school. You could get a job as a quality assurance analyst, and start with writing test automation scripts. You could really move up from a position like that; I've even seem some developers who started out here. It looks a lot better on a resumè to have a few years at a company where you advanced into a development position, with a proven value-added work history, than some no-experience degree. Trust me on that one.

For all the people suggesting a trade, you have to remember that you'll be around the most normal of normalfags if you choose that field. Of course, in a sense, it's better than the people you're around if you're a programmer.

your sense of time is poisoned.
now it comes to bite you back.

but fear not.

follow yourself as long as you try not to be others.

Trade school is a scam. I have a bsc and trade certification both in areas supposedly in need of more workers. Education wont do shit for your job prospects, the economy is in the toilet and nobody wants you. Unless you can find someone willing to invest in you, don't bother.

OP, take what little skill you have and go self employed. The only groups with money to throw away are banks and boomers, take all you can from them to keep your head above water.

It is.

Better learn to drive a forklift.

Attached: 51EIARLKNJL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 38.31K)

Even that requires a masters degree now.

amazon bots will replace forklifts soon

At my school it was about a 50/50 split between male and female students for intro CS classes.

Senior year, girls are a rare sight. I've seen two of them in the past two semesters

programming is easy to get into you retard nigger
good idea, programming is a shit industry (that pays well, but so does sucking cock)

That's typically it. I remember seeing only a handful of cute girls, and they were surrounded by a phalanx of orbiters, but they can only get by that way for so long. I don't think there were any girls in my graduating year, unless you count some androgynous Chinese girls that were just background noise.

Yeah it is easy to get into, faggot. That's why I gve him two alternative pathways instead of through college. Learn to fucking read.

no ffs there are people here in their 60s

also no for the same reason robots aren't going to replace palletjacks

It's a fine way to do art. You can take such a class at your local college. You do need a high school diploma, though, which might make it hard for you.

I'm 27 and started college at 25 for computer science. Since then, I've been to hackathons, built up a GitHub profile with numerous repositories, made a lot of websites and programs, made a video game, and even wrote some hacking tools.

Never say never.

Interestingly its not any more retarded then the Euro truck simulator.
i have no idea why that game exist

Hello Mr. 1%er
fuck you #resist #occupy #riseup

Are you being ironic?

user here is 110% correct. OP, you are NOT going to get hired as an entry level... Well, anything at 35+. Your best option, right now, is to kill yourself.

pls no bully op, he go through hard time, okthnx

this is a problem industry vets have as well, I know loads of older people who were fired in their 60s for no reason other than they were too old and the companies they worked for didn't want to pay out the extra benefits

it's why CS and IT are shit fields in the first place

user I'm 29 and and in my first year at college, for a CS degree. Kids are annoying, but otherwise is all good. Non-ordinary people don't have ordinary lives.

Yes, user. If you have to ask, it is.
If you already had some reason to go that made it worth it, you wouldn't be here asking. A general comp sci degree is overrated if you're doing it to get a job. If you want to become a computer scientist and love debt and academia, by all means, go ahead.

Attached: 4fd7cf4609baada5cf50c7be21dc488d50935f542bb07a4085db0e13069741d1.jpeg (495x484, 54.19K)

2 of the people in my CE classes were over 40 years old, so I'd say no. (That said, the average age was somewhere around 23).

I saw even older people in college, so go ahead.
Or just get a job and earn money instead of going into debt for school.

Yeah but it don't let that stop you. You might hook up with some young sluts.

You neglected to mention you have to look like this.

Attached: david-gandy747.jpg (713x950, 539.64K)

I thought I was old starting college at age 19.5

You are always old to be hired, but you are never old to study and create a business.

Attached: ganbatte_kudasai_nee__shi_by_sayuri123-d4tzgss.jpg (900x675, 139.32K)

No. If you have the motivation to study, just do it. You will probably be working until you are about 70 years old or so. Also, if you have been following your dreams until this point, why stop now? I would recommend a Computer Engineering degree over a Computer Science degree, though.

It depends on several factors, such as:
* What you want to study?
* Which country?
* Which school?
* How you are going to spend your time there? (This is the most important. Don't be a MIT Nigger who can only repeat what their prof said without understanding anything in reality)

Getting a degree is recommended, if you want to get hired, since HR people don't know shit about programming and the people who do know are still reluctant to hire a self-taught NEET (because they have zero way of knowing whether you are a larper or if you actually know something. Someone with a degree from a okay school will at least have the skill required to learn the skill needed to do the job)

Attached: NeptuniaHighSchoolVol.3.jpg (589x1131 48.2 KB, 662.45K)

Mind elaborating why? Not the first time I've heard this. Are they better if you want to work as a low level programmer instead of webmonkey?

if you want to learn {whatever}, yes. especially if you can do it cheaply/pay in cash/no debt

if you are going into debt to try to get a better job, that is a very risky bet.

girls are so mean

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (231x300, 170.43K)

Computer Engineering programmes are more universal, uniform and similar wherever you study, but Computer Science programmes can be useless webmoneky tier crap (in other words, it depends a lot more on where you study because the quality of CS programmes vary more) Also, learning low-level stuff is beneficial for understanding high(er)-level stuff. Also, a CE programme teaches you more practical things, whereas a CS programme teaches you a lot of things that have little use outside of academia. And finally, a CE programme provides you with knowledge from a much broader area than a CS programme (I like to think that CE is somewhere between CS and Electrical Engineering)

Attached: __blanc_neptune_series_drawn_by_tsunako__sample-fc83fd1c723b8ab98be4e15e181f6692.jpg (850x871, 142.28K)

these are not girls, nor are they women. these are disgusting whores

I thought I was old starting at 22.สสสสสสส

Some degree programs in the states are EECE and some are a mix of CS and CE. You can look up the college you want to transfer to from community college and look at their courses.

My EECE program is more difficult than the applied computer science program, lmao. I actually have some screenshots saved to motivate me not to switch to the easier degree.

Attached: 1518730466970.png (1019x623, 108.9K)

What degree do I get if I want to go into programming language research?

I've been reading up on some of the less researched fields and they're crowded with category theory, set theory, type theory, and combinatory logic.

While I know some stuff in each of these fields I don't want to be an amateur anymore. I want to REALLY know these fields and more. So I'm thinking a mathematics degree might be more beneficial for me?

CS seems pretty lame nowadays and the only other field I'd consider is EECE or just straight up EE.

Maybe you can get a job.
But you won't have a career any more.
Better go looking for something else, maybe logistics.

I think a good Computer Science programme is what you want.

Attached: lit.png (1351x1054, 372.78K)

Not OP but tbh I wouldn't mind. Every retiree I know wishes they were still working instead of just waiting to die but many got retired by their employers.

As for me after being a neet I rather be stuck in an office, that shit sucks and so does being broke. I have socialization problems so I might have to start working from home. My main problem is that years ago I realized I actually suck at this but I don't have any other useful skills for this shitty market.

Yeah, Americans girls generally just don't have the fortitude to make it through the entire program. And it's a good thing, because they would make terrible employees.

I got my BS in computer science between 31-36. And now I'm working as a programmer (almost 38). Lots of student loan debt. But I'm doing what I want to do.

Gets easier with age.

If you're going for compsci, it's not that you're too old, it's that the programs have all been pozzed and dumbed down for women and niggers. The days of assembly and C in compsci are over. It's now a glorified python/java code monkey factory.

Yeah they are all called 'apps' now and it's full of emotionally and socially crippled people. Lots of trannys for example.

Being 32 going to college, it's pretty great.

why are mexicans disgusting, noisy, unwarrantedly arrogant, obnoxious filthy idioitic subhumans with the self awareness of a senior dog with diarrhoea

no, but 34 is too old to start a new career with no experience.
you will be competing with men that have 10+ years experience more than you

>>>/reddit/

this is true. i have an associates in auto tech, and when i was being interviewed, a lot of the hiring managers actually talked shit about college and said theyd rather have the 18 year old kid that helped his dad fix cars, than a know-it-all recent graduate thats afraid of getting his hands dirty. 1 year of experience is worth more than 4 years of college in the blue collar world

Just get a normal job for a while and eventually leave society to live in the woods.

A virgin @ 31 ;-o

Fuck really? Explains why my brother who's a highschool dropout is make $30 a fucking hour. I figured he just got lucky as fuck.

Look 'em directly in the eye and offer a firm handshake. $300K starting, any position you want.

Actually I went back to finish when I was 47 in 2000 just because...I started in 1971 when I was17. I actually had more social contact than I did when I was young. I was asked out by this synchronized swimmer broad that was openly gaga over me and I had this hot jewess that used to come up to me all the time and act annoyed with me. Both had hot tempers though. kek. I met a lot of people that just loved talking about stuff I love, like books and movies and music and art.

Just do it. I love the entire university atmosphere, both the physical surroundings and the mental attitude. You just can't find that anywhere else in society.

Follow up question. Is being 31 too old to go back in to high school?

Only if you're trying to get a senior programmer position immediately after you get your degree, which is impossible in the first place. You can't immediately jump straight into a mid-career position as a programmer. You simply don't have enough experience for something like that. Regardless of your age, your competition is for entry level positions, which is mainly other recent graduates or people with a year or two of experience.

if burger: nah, just get your ged. its fucking piss easy, just arithmatic and like 8th grade english.
if anything else: idk, maybe

Do it, or later on you'll think "oh if only I had done X".

I don't think you can physically go to high school classes. Probably just take the tests.

wow $30 dollars an hour, that's like half an AAA game every hour!

People's subjective perspective of money can be humorously variable.

Take over a 17 year old's identity and transfer to a new school and have him mysteriously go missing.

A seriously reply is that I passed mine without studying, the GED that is.

Just study algebra and science on khanacademy and practice writing larps since you have to write a paper in 1 hour.

Attached: 5mP8F0NYSVrwrlWRCSD4uywMNnX.jpg (1000x1500, 183.98K)

I feel you, OP. I'm 30 and work for the post office.
I want to go back to college but I don't know if it will work out.

Why on earth would you want to do that?

It's 2018. Universities are for the soft, weak and misguided.

Your never too old to go back to school, but most school is a big scam. Unless your going to learn something beneficial, save your money and time.

universities only like to hire professors who are in their 30s, generally early 30s, so they get at least 30 years of tenure out of them and so theyre not too young. if you start now, dont expect to be able to get a job as a prof, which would be the way to do research (unless you can manage to join or start a private firm). the PhDictionary is a good book that talks more about that shit , and it seems that its probably relevant to think far ahead like that for u

user don't encourage suicide - encourage dying for a good cause.

Hey OP, I heard the Israeli Jerusalem district just opened up a new building and are looking for a few 'job' applications.

just do it, don't think about it, and don't listen to negative people.
if you want to do it, then do it.
no one else is going to live your life for you.
think about it, would you rather wait 20 years in that post office and say "fuck, I should have gone to college 20 years ago"?
just do it. you'll find it much easier to be motivated now you are older

this. I went back when I was 63 in 1994, I had some hot gals after me, I can tell you. one was a telegraph operator and the other used them thingamigiggies what all those young kids are up to and that.
rootin tootin high fallutin times I can tell you that

True, but kicking ass in Calc 3 is cool while learning about complicated shit

Attached: sweat.jpg (479x479, 75.39K)

How common is something like this actually?

Never. It's an Zig Forums fantasy with no basis in reality.

Most people wouldn't want a 23 year old, since it means he's right out of college and has no experience. Only fools wouldn't consider higher age as a good thing (up to a point, I guess).

I dunno. Somebody on /tv/ said they went back to college in their later years and got btfo by hoodlums. Bring a gun or at the very least bear mace with you if you decide on doing this OP.