PC Peripherals

Why is the market such a joke? Recently I wanted to buy a new monitor, here were my requirements:
Of course, there are billion and one matte monitors with dernier cri curved screens and ultrawide aspect ratios, yet not a _single_ high contrast MVA panel with a glossy or glass finish. I thought, okay, whatever, I'll buy a new mouse (the sensor in mine is buggy). Turns out, all the programmable mice today have noisome gaymer aesthetics. Alright, maybe I should try an ergonomic keyboard... well, they're either all DIY (which I wouldn't have minded years ago, admittedly) use rubber domes, have exorbitant price-tags, or have idiotic layouts (the Matias Ergo Pro only has one Ctrl key). When will it end?

Attached: S.jpg (500x375, 90.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZGuxv3o9aE
ebay.com/itm/STEELSERIES-64227-6G-V2-GAMING-KEYBOARD-BLACK/202421259886
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I tried looking for a mechanical keyboard a few years ago with the following characteristics.

- mechanical
- black switches
- no decorative LEDs
- n-key rollover
- keypad

There were barely any. Almost every keyboard had a bunch of LEDs either backlit or some retarded rainbow lightshow every keypress.

kys

you deserved it, philistine.

Go boy a iMac like a good goy.

Please don't start a pointless internecine conflict with your pithy remarks. I used to not care, but glossy panels add a tangible "wetness" to the image; once you get used to this, matte monitors invariably look washed-out. Plus, it would bother me that my CRT is glossy and my monitor isn't. I don't care about Apple Rectum® displays.

only problem is its only the fruit or fruit imitators that care about gloss.

I've noticed that too. The Dell monitors that are glossy usually have a gray color scheme, and no VESA compatibility.

Like this? I have blues but you can customize it with blacks

Attached: IMG_20180830_193859.jpg (3905x1383, 602.77K)

You should've waited for MicroLED, faggot.

Considering that OLED monitors were supposed to have been on the market years ago, I wouldn't hold your breath.

You deserved to be criticized. Get something in a proper aspect ratio and you can find something suitable.

If you don't mind buckling springs and blank the keys yourself an IBM Model F over PS/2 fills all these requirements.

16:9 is not terrible, as long as you buy something at least 22". Plus, all the new monitors are 16:9--even 16:10 monitors are dead. If you want ancient monitors with panel uniformity/backlight bleed issues, then you can buy those. Really, I don't even understand what you're implying; can you point me to something that meets my requirements in another aspect ratio? Doubt it. Two 16:9 monitors VESA mounted + a CRT is the setup I've been accustomed to for a while, I don't see why I should scrap it for a meme ultrawide.

Those things cost a fortune.

No one buys a performance monitor with gloss but you, user. Maybe this is like traps and you should just admit you're gay rather than awkwardly argue why gloss is fine and get an Apple LCD.

OP, any pics of a glossy monitor vs a matte one?

Having what should be an innocuous preference means I like taking it in the ass? I don't believe I came off as gauche; my two main reasons are a) the colors appear more vibrant, this is important because LCDs inherently have poor contrast levels and b) my CRT is reflective, and I'd like my monitor to be as well. This is hardly a "performance monitor" why is it absurd that I'd want a 1440p monitors that refreshes higher than 60Hz? 1080p 60Hz monitors were common even in 2011, I'd like to move away from those.

youtube.com/watch?v=AZGuxv3o9aE
Use youtube-dl to stream this, he talks about the "wetness" I mention.

You do know you can turn the backlight off?

Model M has 2-key rollover. F is N-key

If you're willing to buy used and settle for steelseries mediocre build quality, you can get a 6g for cheap with those requirements
ebay.com/itm/STEELSERIES-64227-6G-V2-GAMING-KEYBOARD-BLACK/202421259886