Firefox 52 ESR is dead

Is this the end of the road for XP?

Attached: untitled.PNG (862x902, 209.82K)

As well as legacy XPI files on AMO by next month (I think the Waterfox project and a very few others have backed up almost all of them).

It should be. Windows XP has got no security updates in years (except WannaCry) and most programs (including web browsers, antivirus, office suites and games) already dropped support or are about to.
Mozilla did consider releasing Firefox ESR 60 for Windows XP, but it becomes increasingly hard to support it thanks to Rust and the sandboxing features.

Maybe yes, maybe no, depending how you use it.

If you disconnect the computer from the network and use it for old games it's not the end of the road until the hardware itself starts failing and the chips burning. Take good care of it and you'll grow old together with XP, lol.

But if you want it to stay connected, you'll have to put more effort into security and be happy with the plain Web 1.0/2.0 sites that Firefox 52 ESR can still open.

good, kill all the firefox. maybe someone will finally make a non-gay browser
t. palememe user

Cocksuckers. I expect this kind of shit from small developers, but a big web browser developer shouldn't have any problem supporting 32-bit for a long time to come.

Once you kill the Firefox, Chromium takes over for good. An alternative would take years to develop and will never happen

These corporate niggers could switch to Debian or FreeDOS but nooo got to save that extra grand to pay more pajeets.

Firefox was always a browser for fags, Lynx is the way to go.

Attached: 33164983_192857298032290_160171352081301504_n.jpg (495x495, 44.2K)

but they're busy adding new API that marketers want to support and news sites will refuse to render without

Maybe if you're some kind of moron who clicks on every link they see and doesn't use noscript. I personally don't believe in updating anything. If unupdated circa 1977 software is good enough for Voyager 1, then Firefox 52 is good enough for me.

The only drawback is lack of native HTML5 video support on XP in Firefox. There was a hacky workaround though.

Unironically agreed. It's a pet peeve of mine when people imply that brand new unproven software fresh out of beta is magically more secure than the version before it. Besides, security ought to be done in layers: you're supposed to block scripts, you're supposed to sandbox the browser, you're supposed to encrypt your data (basically sandbox level 2), you're supposed to firewall your connections and you're supposed scan for malware every now and then. The browser itself being secure mustn't be your only line of defense.

It'd take years to develop the alternative *if the web industry stood still* and you'll never do it with the constant revisions to HTML, Javascript, and so on which are constantly taking place. These changes are basically done at the behest of the ad industry as it is.

We already have several alternatives to this, including making strict HTML 1.0 type sites which will work comfortably on computers which are thirty years old. We have Gopher, which will work on hardware made in the 1960s. The web as it is, has ossified into something rapidly approaching cable TV. Soon it will be even worse, once Chrome's the only browser and every site is a AMP site the process will be complete.

Thankfully the modern web can be left behind. You can, today, get your email with most any client, you can use IRC and Usenet and just ignore the web. Utilities and companies will still send you bills in the mail, you can still write a check. Many companies still send out catalogs on request and you can mail them a money order. It can be done.

Can't post here with Lynx, can you?

If you're reading this, you can post with lynx. You'd probably have to solve the captcha with another browser first.

You can actually just wget the capcha if you know the adress it is served from. Or just use tor to post and no need for capcha.

I've posted on here with Lynx, and also endchan. What you have to do is go in the config and define an external image viewer. You also need to enable all images as selectable links as well (but you can simply toggle this behavior at runtime with the * key).
It's probably easier to just use Dillo or something else that has image support. I use Links -g, but that probably doesn't work on Windows.

ESR ripped so ff can continue the decline into win10 of browsers.

nigger the "end of the road" was when security updates stopped being shipped

They still are, you just need a registry patch to get the PoS updates.

I LOVE RUST
SO DO YOU
INSTALL RUST

I LOVE RUST
SO DO YOU
INSTALL RUST

I LOVE RUST
SO DO YOU
INSTALL RUST

I LOVE RUST
SO DO YOU
INSTALL RUST