GNU/Linux is Gelded - Can We Fork?

ESR Was Right. He tried to warn us about the attack on Linus.
Sarah Sharpe was the first shit-test, and he cucked out of it. Bitch didn't even bring the brownies she promised, and she got a seat on-stage while Linus acknowledged that he had been approached by government entities to put a backdoor into linux.
Linus tries to make sure he's never alone with a woman, so they can accuse him of groping them.
But ESR was right all along; they got his ass. He's compromised, and his project was intentionally red-flag compromised on purpose. He _knew_ how people would react to Coraline's Code of Conduct. It was a sign to fork before the craziness. It was a sign that Kroah-Hartmann's kernel is not going to be Linus' kernel, and to abandon ship.

So, who's got the first fork of 4.19-rc3 into a new kernel project, with the rc4 patches backported?
Or are we going to let Caroline Ehmke's shills and sockpuppets ruin Zig Forums and demotivate us by nudging us towards suicide?

Is a fork enough? Should we have a plan to start porting drivers to another architecture, should linux continue to be Poetterized? Can someone point people that know C in the right direction towards Making OpenBSD Great Again?

Attached: flybitch.jpg (800x473 203.11 KB, 100.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_S._Raymond#Political_beliefs_and_activism)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_S._Raymond#Political_beliefs_and_activism
theregister.co.uk/2015/11/06/linus_torvalds_targeted_by_honeytraps_says_eric_raymond/
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
gizmodo.com/unwanted-simulated-hugs-and-back-rubs-may-now-qualify-a-1823232098
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/126126157/
archive.is/o86P7
contributor-covenant.org/adopters
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Forking is as easy as "git clone".

You'll have trouble convincing talented programmers to fork over a political issue.

Zig Forums sure as hell can't maintain a Linux fork.

See
Nobody will listen to us. There will be no fork or alternative.

*other people but not me

Unfortunately, you could be the greatest programmer alive and I don't think Theo would let you take the necessary steps to make OpenBSD a viable desktop system--there are certain things that just don't fit his focus, and that's fine, but it is the way that it is. Furthermore, Theo and the OpenBSD project are just as fallible as any other. I really don't know how the fuck you keep large software projects safe from cancer these days. It seems like it's just a fucking inevitability. You could write a project from the ground up and keep it safe, but as soon as you're dead or gone (which the lunatics out there will try their best to accomplish), it's going to get taken over and ruined.

No need for a fork
There needs to be an operating system built from scratch, and built right from the start. Linux is a big bloated shitball, Windows is a big bloated unstable and closed source shitball, and OS X is like a big cube of gay disappointment. BSDs are all stuck in the 90s and every Unix distro except maybe Solaris is completely dead, and those are stuck in the early 2000s at best. Plan9 is 80s autism.

If you want to know what a really good desktop OS looks like, take a look at Haiku OS. It has a good looking and consistent GUI that just works, and as a result it's simple and convenient to use. The installer works flawlessly in under a minute. Due to it's Unix-like underpinnings, you get a fantastic file system (BeFS) and other tools like Bash, and partial POSIX compliance makes porting a lot easier. It uses a hybrid kernel that's rock solid and offers many of the features of a full microkernel, including the isolation of device drivers.

The ideal server/embedded OS is Sculpt OS. This is a full microkernel system that's based on the seL4 kernel and the Genode framework. This is literally space age software being made available to the public, which was previously only used in the consoles of fighter jets and other advanced weapons systems. You never have to reboot for updates, and it's damn near impossible to knock it offline unless you break the hardware. The modular design allows it to heal itself. If one process crashes, even in the kernel, another can simply restart it without restarting the whole system.

The future is now.

Attached: 905471780-create-your-future-step-into-the-unkown.jpg (1280x720, 29.7K)

I would fork it back in 2.6. Fuck all the new shit that microsoft, google, etc. added to it.

Found caroline. Hi. Good job fucking up the kernel.

Zig Forums is immune to blackpills, tranny.

Disagree. Theo won't let bullshit into the system, but it isn't too much of a stretch to get drivers accepted.

bullshit copypasta. No reason to abandon unix because Coraline got to Kroah-Hartmann and staged a coup.

Attached: LennartIsWatchingYou.png (359x538 554.97 KB, 131.14K)

You realise you're literally the only person ITT or even in this board who is willing to go through with something like this anymore right? Just accept it.

He's not
Kill yourself

Nice try OP

The problem with Sculpt is the licensing structure, even though its GPL (lets ignore the problems with the GPL for now) Genode Labs still holds the copyright for the code which means they can go and license the codebase to a 3rd party under a propitiatory license (they even advertise this).

OP here. Kill yourself.

Attached: NotEvenOnce.jpg (799x449, 67.27K)

HEY COREY! YOU'LL NEVER PASS!

Which is why you only use programs that are continued in the spirit of the original programmer.

There's plenty of alternative kernel out there such as HURD, it world be great if someone could make HURD works with Wine application.
But before start doing that, how about start working on producing libre hardware such as USB peripherals. Make the godamn driver completely GPL based license. Fuck you niggers, if you don't want botnet then put this shit in your first priority.

Listen, Mr. Ideas Man. If you want change, you have to do it. YOU. Not some random other people. If others like the idea they might support you, but the very first step and the biggest amount of ACTUAL WORK is YOURS.

Nice try sockpuppet

But how would we even begin?

Except all of us combined could not pull it off and we starve no matter what.

THIS
Nothing can be done about our current situation. No matter what, we all die while our savior is corrupted in front of us. There is nothing we can do about this.

How much are you being paid to keep doing this?

Yeah user we will all have no problem maintaining the largest open source project ever. Autistic chan larpers are known for their success.

Attached: Dl-KhcgW4AUSllF.jpg (632x303, 22.11K)

He gets paid in fisting. Each time he posts he gets to have a muscular faggot's arm shoved elbow-deep up his own scrawny faggot ass.

You will never pass. You will lock yourself away in your home and become more and more bitter and delusional as you desperately try to convince yourself that you look like a woman.

Your only friends, and I use that word very lightly, will be fellow castrated men who will also be suffering the same regret and mental anguish over their poorly thought out decision. The entirety of your "friendship" will be mutual reassurance that you didn't make a mistake and discussing how to make other people fuck up as bad as you did so you won't be alone in your misery.

But you will be alone, even around other people.

Always alone in your head, always suspicious of what others really think about you, always knowing the truth that they are only humoring you out of pity. Despised by all, hideous, a freak. Incapable of love, a family, or genuine human connections. Your grip on reality will slowly slip away until, the moment you are forced to confront it, the truth will be such a shock to you, such a painful reminder of what you actually are, that the intrusive thoughts will hijack your every waking moment.

Theo's intent is for OpenBSD to remain a research OS. He doesn't want to grow it like Linux did to become a mainstream OS for average users. That's the kind of focus that's necessary to stay in control of your project.

Children built OSs in their garage in the 70s, and you can't do anything better nearly 50 years later?
go >>>/back/ where you came from, this is a Zig Forums board - clearly you are in the wrong place.

I look forward to seeing your Linux successor. It's so easy to make so I expect you to be done in a few years, let us know.

I'm pretty sure anyone here can write a simple OS on any of the 8-bit systems from the 70's and 80's. Maybe even on m68k or early x86 computers. But modern hardware is a nightmare. Terry Davis got around the problem by simply sticking to plain old VGA mode (without any GPU support), and other old/simple hardware interfaces. Otherwise his code would have never fit in under 100,000 lines.

When has that statement ever been true

We don't we start planning instead of talking? I'm at work right now, so I'll make the fork myself if someone doesn't do it by 11PM. But I will warn you, I'm retarded when it comes to git project management. So if someone else isn't a moron about this shit, please say so.

"In 2015 Raymond accused the Ada Initiative and other women in tech groups of attempting to entrap male open source leaders and accuse them of rape, saying "Try to avoid even being alone, ever, because there is a chance that a 'women in tech' advocacy group is going to try to collect your scalp." ----wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_S._Raymond#Political_beliefs_and_activism)

Attached: hitlerdidnothingwrong.webm (320x320, 874.99K)

We can also fork it memetically: Stop calling the OS 'Linux' or even 'GNU/Linux'. Call it GNU. Linux doesn't deserve name recognition anymore than fucking X11 or systemd anymore.

Attached: gnu.png (800x1151, 143.74K)

I'll make the logo.

Stallman was right again.

Nigger, Linux itself was written from scratch by ONE autist.

And? So what's going to happen if it fails? Oh no, my online personality will look stupid.

Most of your points are invalid because there are open source oses you can reference how they initialize the hardware, and there are plenty of resources for the same. GPU support will in a lot of cases mean disassembly proprietary drivers, and from what I recall, vendors use a bit of profile guided optimization, so I'm sure its a hot mess. Anyway, the real trick to porting to modern x86+avx+etc, is to port it to at least something comparable to an amdk6 then work your way forward from there.

Semi related, is there any useful books or papers on operating system development, and maybe semi-related stuff like vector instructions and shit related to cpu caches?

How about calling it, GNO. makes the slogan easy, "Just say GNO"

consider GNUicide

get GNUtered

Why not present a threat to the capitulaters greater than the one that flipped them to gaymanlove, Force them to flop back to the anal prolapse free side.

Attached: smoke.png (512x512, 232.79K)

I think that path leads to international terrorism.

They've already suffered some sort of terrorism, it's not like it would be a radical change in the tactics they faced.

durrrrr

They haven't had car bombs, they haven't been gassed, they aren't being actively shot on sight, they or their families aren't being executed and buried in nondescript mass graves, they aren't being kidnapped, their families aren't being kidnapped, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
They haven't suffered anything.

And then over the course of the next 20 years it received billions more LOC from thousands of professionals and corporations. Linux is incredibly complicated and maintaining a fork would definitely be a lot of work assuming you actually plan on improving it. Imo the first step to a Linux fork should be to whittle it down to the absolute smallest size possible. Maybe even fork it from the 2.X series and just try to backport as much security and hardware compatability as is reasonable.

You're probably looking for "Operating Systems Design And Implementation". It presents theory and practical implementation from Minix.
Currently working through it. Expect results in a couple of years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_S._Raymond#Political_beliefs_and_activism -> theregister.co.uk/2015/11/06/linus_torvalds_targeted_by_honeytraps_says_eric_raymond/ -> esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
Don't trust (((Wikipedia))), ALWAYS follow the sources!

Attached: What_is_Wikipedia_shilling.png (1305x1050, 660.05K)

fuck linux, its a sinking ship. if linus basically jumped ship from his life long project there is probably a very good reason for you to too. BSD will welcome you in open arms.

I'd rather install gnu/hurd

GNOs Not Oligarchs

You're just as useless as the people you're angry at.
If you think they're wrong, refute them. Offer a way to maintain a kernel or convince the key Linux programmers to fork over a political issue.

Create a new software license that forbids use of the software in projects that implement a code of conduct.

Alright, GNU it is.

He's right about the second amendment.

I already shared the tweet from everywhere I could. Even if Linus doesn't reverse the decision at least people will know that these CoC pushers are just sociopaths.

vs

What if Zig Forums joins in?

Go ahead and pitch the idea to them.
I'll be content with a Linux GamerGate

They don't know shit about tech, unfortunately. Most of them seem to be content with that.

It's like the Battle of Berlin all over again. :(

The Jews strike another victory in the books. FOSS will never be feasible ever again, and that's a fact.

That is a good idea. Can any legalfags here offer a simple addition to the BSD 2 clause license that forbids use in pozzed projects?

GTFO.

They'll just target Theo and he'll cave eventually. Everyone thought linus was immune to this, now look at him.

I'm still thankful for Linus. He put in a good fight. Wonder what they got on him. Theo def has dirt on him somewhere.

See
The left wins every fight it's involved in. There is literally no point in fighting.back because we'll just be fucked harder.

Here blackpill loser, call this nice lady. She doesn't charge much.

Attached: Georgia_Cosmetic_Surgeon_B.mp4 (400x224, 2.09M)

Theo would burn OpenBSD to the ground before he let anyone else take over. When he dies the project will die with him.
Linux out grew Linus and became a multi-billion dollar industry.

OpenBSD is no where near anything that and never it never will be. It's Theo's fork of NetBSD.

Then it should be relatively easy to coerce the offenders in to reevaluating their priorities.

I guess you're right. I suppose the best option would be for us to surrender while we still have our dignity and hope our victors treat us well.

Surrender? No. But picking YET ANOTHER ALREADY COMMIE SYSTEM is retarded.

How is BSD communism? It's basically just do-what-ever libertarianism. Isn't that the GNU fanatics chief gripe with the "cuck" BSD license? There are no rules that keep an Apple from just taking the code and not giving back.

gizmodo.com/unwanted-simulated-hugs-and-back-rubs-may-now-qualify-a-1823232098
full of SJW

Haiku OS now!

MAKE WINDOWS GREAT AGAIN!
ReactOS is the future.

How many threads are you going to shit up with your defeatist shilling, and how many peers do you have working with you on your shill campaign? At least you had the decency to put away the red text for one post.

These posts share the exact same sentiment between the boards here and on other sites in addition to Zig Forums.

Attached: גוי - תהילה, הדיווה הכשרה שרה את טוי ביידיש GOY - Netta's TOY super-Jewish cover in Yiddish!.webm (1280x720, 15.82M)

Not going to argue that FreeBSD isn't pozzed. It was one of the 1st to fall. But it is just one of the BSD OS's.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/126126157/ archive.is/o86P7

Attached: 1495169469103.png (746x734, 171.14K)

ReactOS is nothing more than a meme that will never work. There are no viable alternatives to Linux distros. FUCK EVERYTHING

Just as long as we tell e-celeb shitters to fuck off.

Fuck and here I thought FreeBSD was still ok and only OpenBSD was shit. I don't see the point of *hugs* but making it verboten is some mixture of evil and retardation.

Lmao at that video. Kill me.

Why do we need to fork it?
Can't we just monitor twitter and get SJWs removed from Linux when they post something that violates CoC?

Second picrel is a total bullshit. Do you even know how genes work? You can have Y chromosome with mutation, so your body won't produce testicles and testosterone. You'll look like a girl, even though you would have Y chromosome. Also X chromosome contains all information needed to create both a girl and a boy, but different factors, for example testosterone/estrogen levels can change how you would look like, and most important, if your brain is going to be more femine or not. Wonder what would you all do, if you was born with brain of opposite sex, than your's body. Isn't that stupid - laughing at ill people? Changing body appearance is the only way for these people not to feel like a shit. It's the CURE for their illnes.
Your little world is falling apart, because you can't call someone a nigger?

This isn't Zig Forums anymore, it's just second Zig Forums and /g/.

stfu nigger

This does not apply to 99% of so called trans people.
Yep. But we don't pretend people with down syndrome are actually perfectly normal and just need to be accepted for all the problems to go away.

People get this with their limbs too. We don't cut their fucking arms off.

>everyone who doesn't subscribe to my insane beliefs is automatically >>>Zig Forums
fuck right off back to >>>/reddit/ >>>/tumblr/ or whatever shithole you came from nigger.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope I am) but didn't ReactOS also sign up to the same fucking creator covenant CoCk?

it did.

Every idiot here keeps shilling other platforms without 5 seconds of googling to find out if they are already pozzed or not. Hint: 90% are.

Incidentally, so did Pale Moon.

Anyone interested can check out the full listing here: contributor-covenant.org/adopters

Correction: It's not a full listing, but it's a fair amount.

Goddamn your trips, sir. Fuck.

Attached: aos-history-repeats-itself-[natural-born-killers-soundtrack].webm (640x480, 3.09M)

Of course the furfag did.

There is officially no alternative left for us. The left has its hands in literally fucking everything. We are trapped in poz forever.